• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
There are not that many entrants as I thought there was going to be :( I hope a ton of people sign up this last week.

sidefx

Smash Champion
they will. The hotel is completely booked (118 rooms) multiply that by atleast 2-4 people in each = a lot of procrastinators

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea the payment was refunded. it'll show in my bank account in 1-2 days. thanks

although i might end up having to pay it again if hrnut doesnt get off his *** :laugh:

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
they will. The hotel is completely booked (118 rooms) multiply that by atleast 2-4 people in each = a lot of procrastinators
2-4 is being generous, you know theres going to be the super cheap people who are going to cram like 8 people in a room. I know I procrastinated, I just now pre regged. BTW to the people who wanted to team with me, I'm not entering doubles. Don't have the money for it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
preregister mother****ers im sick of this 70 player **** where's my 500 players

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There's around 140 or 150 or so prereged according to what boback told me last night. Still waiting for more for each game.

if you guys don't know already, Rain from Japan is coming.
I was wondering if Rain and Earth were the same ones from japan.

That's amazing. I have to get in some games with them.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to sit this one out!

Since Oats made it official with the cancellation of the bus, I won't be attending this! So, someone is gonna have to pick up some major slack with pictures and footage for this thang! I expect top notch quality on the stream too!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Since Oats made it official with the cancellation of the bus, I won't be attending this! So, someone is gonna have to pick up some major slack with pictures and footage for this thang! I expect top notch quality on the stream too!
He canceled the bus but there's still the Genesis Van.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah Atlus send him a PM, there's still a van going with limited seats

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yeah, I know there is a van that he gathered up, but it's no charter bus . . . anyways I set my self to go to EVO if the bus wasn't gonna happen, so it's not a total lost!
you should still go

florida took a van to WHOBO3 and it was honestly one of the most fun roadtrips ive ever had

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Yeah, I know there is a van that he gathered up, but it's no charter bus . . . anyways I set my self to go to EVO if the bus wasn't gonna happen, so it's not a total lost!
But what's the difference between the van and a charter bus? It's still taking the same route that the charter bus would. Granted, it's no charter bus with great room but still.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah I mean it'll be slightly less comfortable, and you might not get to watch a movie, but it's the same thing. you still end up at Genesis 2 which is really the highlight of the trip.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If you took the charter bus to the first Genesis, you would know! Definitely one of the highlights with smash players!
But think of the fun we'll have on the van. We'll sing "The wheels on the bus" all the way till Genesis. :awesome:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
But you're going for the tournament... The bus would just be another perk wouldn't it? I am kind of confused... Were you going for the bus or tournament???

Atlus8

Smash Master
I would go for the experience! The bus + tourny would have been so much better! Without the bus then it's between Genesis and EVO! I'm going with EVO AND I have never been to Vegas, so that's a plus!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you ****ing suck Atlus, I wanted to find out if you speak with exclamation points at the end of every sentence.
god i hate you now I WILL NEVER KNOW

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
For those of you arguing bus being a perk or bus being a highlight, you just weren't there for how **** the first bus was to the first genesis.

But letting go is part of finding new fun experiences, right? We'll miss you Miguel and have fun at Evo, I'll refund you IMMEDIATELY.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive got prob 5 or more guys paying me the 50-70 dollars to pre reg them at the tournament today, so there should be a little more entrants.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Went to buy my tickets and pre-register today, found out that the trips going to cost me about $150 more than it was a month ago. Unless someone wants to help out, I'm going to have to sit this one out as well. For those who are going to ask why I didn't buy my **** a month ago or earlier: I JUST got access to the money necessary, otherwise this would have been a non-issue.

I doubt anyone on smashboards cares though. Everybody hates me for various reasons, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to help me out for the chance to prove that I'm bad.

Zoap

Smash Master
2-4 is being generous, you know theres going to be the super cheap people who are going to cram like 8 people in a room. I know I procrastinated, I just now pre regged. BTW to the people who wanted to team with me, I'm not entering doubles. Don't have the money for it.
Team with me and I'll pay your entry :)

EDIT:
Went to buy my tickets and pre-register today, found out that the trips going to cost me about $150 more than it was a month ago. Unless someone wants to help out, I'm going to have to sit this one out as well. For those who are going to ask why I didn't buy my **** a month ago or earlier: I JUST got access to the money necessary, otherwise this would have been a non-issue.

I doubt anyone on smashboards cares though. Everybody hates me for various reasons, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to help me out for the chance to prove that I'm bad.
7/13-7/19 is still 237 out of Phoenix to SFO. I'm 100% positive that you can find someone at ramada for the Wednesday, so really one day of accomadations is >150.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Rules question:

Can I change my controller port after the stage have been selected to another free port? Or maybe assign controller ports only after the stage is selected (Following the current rules for port selection)? This helps countering the imbalances of some starting positions (Marth on bottom of BF when you are on top.....)

Edit: Or maybe simply limit port selections to symmetrical combinations:

FD: 1&2 (Far) or 3&4 (Close)
BF: 3&4
DL: 2&4
FoD: 1&2
YS: 1&2
PS: 1&2 (Close, on Platforms) 3&4 (Far, on Ground)
KJ: 1&4 (Far) 2&3 (Close)

We can hang a piece of paper on each station listing the combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom