• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawn of the 3D Remake: Young Link for DLC! (ROY IS SEMI-CLONED! HOPE FOR MOVESET CHANGES RISES!)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That's basically what I meant in mine original post. What I was trying to say was, Young Link's final smash could be exactly like Triforce Slash, only he briefly turns into Fierce Deity Link when he does the cutting, and in place of the Triforce would be a shroud of dark energy, or that bluish-white energy that he shoots from his sword in Majora's Mask. Immediately after the Final Smash, Young Link will revert back to his original form.
I'd actually prefer if when he changes into Fierce Deity, he trapped his opponent and then Skull Kid appears dropping the Moon, followed by Fierce Deity cutting it in half and sending his opponents flying, like in HW.

I would also like Fierce Deity to be Young Link's Rapid Jab move too.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I thought about that few minutes before reading Unkown Hero's post:

In his Final Smash he should take out his ocarina, playing some melody and then the moon falls in a set radius on the stage and booms everything away xD I'd totally like that.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Not sure if this been brought up before, but I think Young Link could work well as a "64 Jigglypuff" type semi clone.

Give him unique special moves that utilize him temporarily transforming with the masks for each attack similar to @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 's Sable moveset idea while keeping almost all of his normal moves the same as in Melee (that means he also gets to keep Links old standard attack which helps him differentiate from Link and Toon Link)

Also have him use the Fierce Deity Mask as a final smash.

Also sign me up for the supporters.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If Young Link did make it in, I would love to see an HD Remake of the Great Bay stage from Melee. One addition they could make is that, as the Moon descends, the sky could slowly change from day to night. After the Giants push the Moon away, dawn will come. Rinse and repeat. Also, I'd love for this song to be on the stage:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You know, since Sakurai already has so much time to do DLC, I could see Young Link getting changed with only his specials, his normal attacks and grabs will probably not change since they are pretty much fine on it's own. Toon Link and Link already take so much of what Young Link stand-out, so why not change his moves, it wouldn't really alienate the fans really.

The only special moves that I would personally like to see for Young Link is this:

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is shot.
Side-B: Zora Boomerang: Link turns into Zora Link to throw two multi-hitting small fin boomerangs at the opponent, great for keeping out of range of the opponent, however he's unable to move and he has to wait for the boomerangs to come back in order to move again.
Down-B: Goron Roll: Similar to Sonic's Down-B, only much stronger and slower. It must be at full charge in order to Goron Link to damage opponents. If uncharged, Goron Link will just pass by the opponent where he's open to attack.
Up-B: Deku Flower Flight: Link turns into Deku Link to fly with his swirling flowers, has a glide effect and is able to shoot Deku Nuts straightforward in the air. The flowers also do multi-hitting damage too if an opponent tries to hit from above. If an opponent manages to hit him, he'll fall helplessly making him really open to attacks.

Final Smash:
Fierce Diety Link: Young Link turns into Fierce Deity Link. He's basically Link, only with longer range and bigger power, he's only able to do normal attacks, aerials, and Link's Up-B during this time limit.

In short, Young Link would be a slightly weaker Toon Link in terms of normal and aerial attacks, but has the better useful projectile games than the other Links, though his specials are much more riskier. This is something I could likely see happening.

Last edited:

jb5643io

Smash Rookie
NNID
jb5643io
Young Link would be cool if he returned, but I see some problems.
Mainly another clone would probably upset the community, and if you want to incorporate the masks from MM how would you make the transitions smooth? Each mask transition would be at least like 7 or more frames, which would make the lag on his specials soooooo much he would be horrible in competitive.

jb5643io

Smash Rookie
NNID
jb5643io
But if there was a lot of lag what would the point of the strength be? Cause everyone could easily predict a jump or dodge out of the way making him terrible in 1v1s.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was thinking the MM masks would work but with the 3DS limitation taken in to consideration, it's probably not going to happen.

Maybe YLink can return with different projectiles and different A attacks? i.e. He can use Bombchus instead of regular bombs and his fire arrow is unique enough for him to use it still.

Also, i've been supporting YLink before Smash 4 was released (I posted in the 3rd page so I believe). You can add me to the supporter list.

Last edited:

jb5643io

Smash Rookie
NNID
jb5643io
Maybe YLink can return with different projectiles and different A attacks? i.e. He can use Bombchus instead of regular bombs and his fire arrow is unique enough for him to use it still.
Bombchus are already an item in the game

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Screw the rules, YLink has rupees.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You know, since Sakurai already has so much time to do DLC, I could see Young Link getting changed with only his specials, his normal attacks and grabs will probably not change since they are pretty much fine on it's own. Toon Link and Link already take so much of what Young Link stand-out, so why not change his moves, it wouldn't really alienate the fans really.

The only special moves that I would personally like to see for Young Link is this:

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is show.
Side-B: Zora Boomerang: Link turns into Zora Link to throw two multi-hitting small fin boomerangs at the opponent, great for keeping out of range of the opponent, however he's unable to move and he has to wait for the boomerangs to come back in order to move again.
Down-B: Goron Roll: Similar to Sonic's Down-B, only much stronger and slower. It must be at full charge in order to Goron Link to damage opponents. If uncharged, Goron Link will just pass by the opponent where he's open to attack.
Up-B: Deku Flower Flight: Link turns into Deku Link to fly with his swirling flowers, has a glide effect and is able to shoot Deku Nuts straightforward in the air. The flowers also do multi-hitting damage too if an opponent tries to hit from above. If an opponent manages to hit him, he'll fall helplessly making him really open to attacks.

Final Smash:
Fierce Diety Link: Young Link turns into Fierce Deity Link. He's basically Link, only with longer range and bigger power, he's only able to do normal attacks, aerials, and Link's Up-B during this time limit.

In short, Young Link would be a slightly weaker Toon Link in terms of normal and aerial attacks, but has the better useful projectile games than the other Links, though his specials are much more riskier. This is something I could likely see happening.
that is actually not a bad movies, you might just need to fix up his final smash a bit.

Young Link would be cool if he returned, but I see some problems.
Mainly another clone would probably upset the community, and if you want to incorporate the masks from MM how would you make the transitions smooth? Each mask transition would be at least like 7 or more frames, which would make the lag on his specials soooooo much he would be horrible in competitive.
*shrugs*

Stuff the smash community. If we get our main back, who cares?

Haters gonna Hate.

I was thinking the MM masks would work but with the 3DS limitation taken in to consideration, it's probably not going to happen.

Also, i've been supporting YLink before Smash 4 was released (I posted in the 3rd page so I believe). You can add me to the supporter list.
There have been movesets where he uses his makes but doesn't transform i.e He puts on the Deku makes and shoots a Deku bubble but never transform.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is show.

Final Smash:

Well done. I'd actually like this to happen now, but I hope Young Link just won't get into the way of Impa.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If Young Link did make it in, I would love to see an HD Remake of the Great Bay stage from Melee. One addition they could make is that, as the Moon descends, the sky could slowly change from day to night. After the Giants push the Moon away, dawn will come. Rinse and repeat. Also, I'd love for this song to be on the stage:

You know what would also be cool for a song on Great Bay? A medley of all the ocarina songs. Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbn0L3cHyn4

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If the recent ratings of Pichu in the Rate Their Chances thread are any indication, we seriously need to show the people here in Smashboards that Young Link DOES have a shot to be in the game. I suggest preparing to make a large analysis on Young Link before that starts guys.

Here's the link to the thread if you want to get the rules:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-the-dlc-edition-day-30-pichu.398604/page-82
Aw sweet. I'll definitely join and help out in anyway I can. Looking at it, it some of the stats surprise. Young Link is pretty high on the list for nominations. Though I thinking the Inklings surprise me the most. I mean, aren't they already coming to Smash? :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo everyone nominate Young Link in the RTC thread so we can have him before Toon Zelda. :)

UcheD914

Smash Cadet
I has been some time since we saw or heard of Young Link in the Super Smash Bros. scene. I don't know why we got Toon Link, but in my honest opinion Young Link was better.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Your not familiar with the Rate Their Chances thread? Basically, you rate characters chances of becoming DLC and your able to nominate a character to eventually get rated. Go to the thread and check it out.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Your not familiar with the Rate Their Chances thread? Basically, you rate characters chances of becoming DLC and your able to nominate a character to eventually get rated. Go to the thread and check it out.
I have looked at the thread but I thought you could only nominate when it is that characters day?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have looked at the thread but I thought you could only nominate when it is that characters day?
No, you nominate characters so they can be nominated faster. When it's their day, then you just rate what their chances are and rate your personal want for the character. Young Link's day is coming up soon so we should nominate him in the thread so that his day will come before the likes of Mach Rider and Toon Zelda.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No, you nominate characters so they can be nominated faster. When it's their day, then you just rate what their chances are and rate your personal want for the character. Young Link's day is coming up soon so we should nominate him in the thread so that his day will come before the likes of Mach Rider and Toon Zelda.
So, I just go over the thread an nominate Young Link, Correct?

If that is the case, I note sure if I want to, as I am a little busy the next couple of days and might miss out putting down my nomination for Young Link, which I don't want to ;-;.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So, I just go over the thread an nominate Young Link, Correct?

If that is the case, I note sure if I want to, as I am a little busy the next couple of days and might miss out putting down my nomination for Young Link, which I don't want to ;-;.
Ideally you should rate the current character that's being rated but you can just leave nominations for Young Link if you want. Remember, your only allowed 5 nominations per day.

It would look something like this...

Nominations
Young Link X5

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ideally you should rate the current character that's being rated but you can just leave nominations for Young Link if you want. Remember, your only allowed 5 nominations per day.

It would look something like this...

Nominations
Young Link X5
Okay, I might do it. Though i am worried if I will be able to do a percent prediction.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't he play exactly like Toon Link except lighter? I can't really see Young Link be different from Link and Toon Link even with different items that he'd have, E.G: Deku Nuts, Slingshot and Kokiri Sword.

Deku nuts could be a stun replacement for bombs, which would be cool. However, Deku nuts are already an item. Slingshot would be either villager's slingshot or just a gimped Bow and all having that dagger would do is make him swing faster.

Seeing as TL is in, YL has little to no chance of existing.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Wouldn't he play exactly like Toon Link except lighter? I can't really see Young Link be different from Link and Toon Link even with different items that he'd have, E.G: Deku Nuts, Slingshot and Kokiri Sword.

Deku nuts could be a stun replacement for bombs, which would be cool. However, Deku nuts are already an item. Slingshot would be either villager's slingshot or just a gimped Bow and all having that dagger would do is make him swing faster.

I imagine Young Link could be the Diddy Kong of The Links. As very small kill power, but can combo like ****

Uh, you know Banana's are also an item, right? :4diddy:

Never tell me the odds!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

He would be heavier for one thing. And he would be taller for another. I think Young Link would a balance between Link and Toon Link.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Just because Toon Link is in doesn't mean he has no chance at all, he's still a veteran at heart that people want to see come back, and we know how Sakurai hates cutting characters because each one has fans. He could potentially bring all veterans back to make people happy, that's something that gives Young Link a slightly better shot than most candidates.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
I'd be much more inclined to follow Toon Zelda if they made her more like Tetra: A fast, mobile character who has great zoning tools. As it looks with Zelda's kit, there's not much they can do there with Toon Zelda without making her a clone. Even the spirit tracks armors are used on regular Zelda.

Again, I hate to be a debbie downer, but it wouldn't really make much sense to have Toon Zelda over Tetra considering if they made a clone character, the smash community would give Sakurai a earful, similar to what he got in Melee with Doc, Roy and Pichu. Especially Pichu.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
People have been complaining about clones for years. Which still didn't stop him from introducing more over the course of the series and apparently even developing one as DLC.... :roypm:

In fact, if I recall correctly, I think he even went as far as to assume most of the complainers are children....

Eitherway, Toon Zelda, Young Link or Roy. I'm fairly sure he would at the very least try to develop and diversify them up to the level of Toon Link, Ganondorf and Falco. (Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr.Mario where a case of time constraints) especially since the team has more time to work on them. Perhaps maybe even introduce them within a season pass type bundle with quite a bit of other content and a more unique character or two.

Last edited:
Top Bottom