• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Dance + Running grab + Up Throw + Combo above 60% Random Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I don't know why this guy keeps comparing PM to Smash 64, he is aware that Smash 64 doesn't have Upthrows, right?

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
pk fire spam is the other option people use now. a VERY autistic move. just played gunther silver 1. beat him hard.
he then proceeded as planed went with the pk fire spam. he lost.

like I said 2 strats I see commonly. and hes considered silver 1? are you serious? what more evidence do I need? pkfire spam to silver 1?

still its common and boring gameplay. abusing these 2 mechanics.

cmon.

So you guys understand that I said abusing up tilts as well and showed you a video of pikachu up tilting about 6 times. in n64

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
pk fire spam is the other option people use now. a VERY autistic move. just played gunther silver 1. beat him hard.
he then proceeded as planed went with the pk fire spam. he lost.

still its common and boring gameplay. abusing these 2 mechanics.

cmon.
This is literally just:
I beat this guy, but he attacked me so this game is trash

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Yeah, I'm not really sure what you're getting at, here.

A scrub used PK Fire spam and lost.

Yes, this is what happens when you're bad and spam a single move.

...so?

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
So its common. and its used commonly cuz its OBVIOUS how stupid that move is.

this thread is about balance and fraying away from these 2 strats that are mainly used. This game has alot of characters and tons of varieties of combos.

like cmon

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Yeah, I'm not really sure what you're getting at, here.

A scrub used PK Fire spam and lost.

Yes, this is what happens when you're bad and spam a single move.

...so?
Kinda doesn't support your point.

It actually is really saying that anything someone does immediately pisses you off.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I think his problem is that he's assuming that because people can do something, that that's the extent of the gameplay's depth.

Oh no, Kirby can Swallowcide people and because that's all some players do, clearly this is a sign that Kirby's gameplay is shallow.
Mario can throw fireballs/pills and people can get hit by them. This is obnoxious because he has a projectile and people used to and or still do spam it.
Samus can shoot missiles of varying types from across the stage, making it more annoying to chase her. This is bad because it's a sign that there's no counterplay since not everyone has a shine/reflector.
Ness can use PK Fire at one commonly used angle as an aerial. If it hits, he can typically follow it up unless they use the fabled DI to get out of it. DI doesn't work, which has already been proven. Problem.
Falco personally prefers the air, clearly this is an issue because where do these players try to throw you? The air. DUH

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So its common. and its used commonly cuz its OBVIOUS how stupid that move is.

this thread is about balance and fraying away from these 2 strats that are mainly used. This game has alot of characters and tons of varieties of combos.

like cmon
White Smashers Can't Dodge over P.K. Fire.

((Besides I think you can spotdoge PK Fire))

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
my character has worst spotdodge in game for no reason. hes not even top tier. I just sit back and wait... and wait... and wait. then i win. its ****en boring. its like camping as terrain with tanks and vulture mines in starcraft one. not moving. just.... waiting........waiting....

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
So its common. and its used commonly cuz its OBVIOUS how stupid that move is. hello?!
See, your problem is that you also still have a particular mindset about "stupid moves"

The counterplay for PK Fire is incredibly easy.
  1. Don't get hit by it. It takes ages to come out, isn't a particularly fast projectile, and has predictable movement.
  2. Shield it. PK Fire doesn't activate on shield, and Ness isn't really fast enough to use it to pressure your shield or anything.
  3. If you do get hit by it, just use SDI and escape just about instantly and prevent followups.

Your mistake is thinking that bad players understand what moves are actually good, and which just work well at low-level play.

PK Fire is a great example, because low-level players don't understand the abundance of counterplay available in that situation. It's not actually that good of a projectile at all. Something like Falco's lasers are many, many times better, but because they're harder to use at low-level play, low-level players don't use it or regard it as something that is particularly powerful.

Last edited:

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
pk fire is stupid. I dont have trouble with it. its just mind numbingly stupid easy and safe. to people spam it.

if you need this much text for one move.
See, your problem is that you also still have a particular mindset about "stupid moves"

The counterplay for PK Fire is incredibly easy.
  1. Don't get hit by it. It takes ages to come out, isn't a particularly fast projectile, and has predictable movement.
  2. Shield it. PK Fire doesn't activate on shield, and Ness isn't really fast enough to use it to pressure your shield or anything.
  3. If you do get hit by it, just use SDI and escape just about instantly and prevent followups.

Your mistake is thinking that bad players understand what moves are actually good, and which just work well at low-level play.

PK Fire is a great example, because low-level players don't understand the abundance of counterplay available in that situation. It's not actually that good of a projectile at all. Something like Falco's lasers are many, many times better, but because they're harder touse at low-level play, low-level players don't use it or regard it as something that is particularly powerful.

in a game with tons of them. to tip u safely. thats a red flag of a problem.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i thought the topic was about
you should stay on topic.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
pk fire is stupid. I dont have trouble with it. its just mind numbingly stupid easy and safe. to people spam it.
Then why are you complaining about it?? You just said that you don't have trouble with it? Maybe you need to play against people who are better at the game.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
i thought the topic was about
you should stay on topic.

or

Spam Projectile til you get in.

These are the 2 strats I usually see in players online in PM.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
Then why are you complaining about it?? You just said that you don't have trouble with it? Maybe you need to play against people who are better at the game.
the problem is that its Commonly Abused. these 2 mechanics. thats the ISSUE thats CAUSING STALE GAMEPLAY.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
the problem is that its Commonly Abused. these 2 mechanics. thats the ISSUE thats CAUSING STALE GAMEPLAY.
Ok...

but have you try to play friendlies with people who are better??
Because if you're able to read most of your opponents strats to think there abused, then you definitely need to battle more High-level play Smashers

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I don't have trouble with anything, but every example I give is an example of unbalanced gameplay. I'm aware that balance has nothing to do with attack variety, but it doesn't matter in this situation because I'm right and you're wrong.

Did you see my video complaining about up-tilt combos? It's of Smash 64, and that is a pretty unbalanced game. I'm scared that this easy game is devolving into it and while I would clearly win every game because of how amazing I am, I don't like that these games have things in common ever.

The big problem is that I'm bored with playing people because I'm a bastion of variety and skill and they're all just scrubs who abuse very simple strategies and don't go for the big stuff like me. Y'see, they're like someone in an animation studio constantly redrawing the same image in order to get to their final result. I'm like a Picasso painting, unique and special.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
  • I spammed pk fire and e2xd Muted me in chat. thats proof of how stupid pkfire is. GG im done here.

• he told me to STOP SPAMMING.

• psychostoner pkfire
  • [11:10.21am] Your last message was not sent, you are sending messages too quickly.
  • [11:10.28am]
    Ryder lol
  • [failed] psychostoner pkfire
  • [11:10.28am] Your last message was not sent, you are sending messages too quickly.
  • [11:10.38am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:10.45am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:10.50am]
    Ryder @Crizor a full up b does like 25 damage
  • [11:10.53am]
    Ryder it's kinda silly
  • [11:10.55am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:10.55am]
    E2xD
    stop spamming @ P Psychostoner
  • [11:10.59am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:10.59am] Narq bowser is teh dumb
  • [11:11.03am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:11.03am] Narq hits so hard
  • [failed] psychostoner thank u e2
  • [11:11.03am] Your last message was not sent, you are sending messages too quickly.
  • [11:11.06am] You've been muted in ProjectM until 11:16.09am Reason: spam

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
  • I spammed pk fire and e2xd Muted me in chat. thats proof of how stupid pkfire is. GG im done here.

• he told me to STOP SPAMMING.

• psychostoner pkfire
  • [11:10.21am] Your last message was not sent, you are sending messages too quickly.
  • [11:10.28am]
    Ryder lol
  • [failed] psychostoner pkfire
  • [11:10.28am] Your last message was not sent, you are sending messages too quickly.
  • [11:10.38am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:10.45am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:10.50am]
    Ryder @Crizor a full up b does like 25 damage
  • [11:10.53am]
    Ryder it's kinda silly
  • [11:10.55am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:10.55am]
    E2xD
    stop spamming @ P Psychostoner
  • [11:10.59am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:10.59am] Narq bowser is teh dumb
  • [11:11.03am] psychostoner [message_deleted]
  • [11:11.03am] Narq hits so hard
  • [failed] psychostoner thank u e2
  • [11:11.03am] Your last message was not sent, you are sending messages too quickly.
  • [11:11.06am] You've been muted in ProjectM until 11:16.09am Reason: spam
I don't get why you're annoyed that others spam PKfire, seems pretty apparent that you tried to do the same thing and it didn't work. Git gud scrub.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
no the same thing did happen. I got muted.(lost) and ed2 was annoyed and didnt like my stale gameplay. He won but techincally his soul was damaged.

Last edited:

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
If you don't like dash dance grab or combos doing 60% have you considered playing vanilla pm? More commonly known as brawl it sports significant nerfs to both the dash dance and the combo game.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Riiiiiiight. Clearly your issue is the people you play with, and you're just complaining about the game because you can't complain to/about them. If you dislike playing against people that do certain things so much, maybe you should take a Smash break and play Hello Kitty Island Adventure or something appropriate to your level of stress management.

Phubs

Smash Cadet
This guy was b****ing on the D3 boards earlier about one of his fastest moves being useless, don't bother with him.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Holy **** this is next-generation levels of baiting

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Holy **** this is next-generation levels of baiting
Trolling kind of breaks down when people are this bored.

It's actually entertaining to participate. Keep the ball rolling.

Every time he posts I get a little giggle.

Also PK Fire isn't safe as you claim, that's laughable. Projectile has 20 frames startup, IASA on 48 grounded, in the air lag is forever and he has like 12 frames landing lag.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ugh, Binary Clone, you know that it doesn't have to be safe, reliable, or good to spam it. All you need to do is hold sideways and hit B. Then you can spam it all you please, damned be the consequences.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Are you the little 7 year old girl that drephen jv 5'd by getting chain grabbed in front of her mother?

Anyways, i have a solution to your problem, play a floaty character, up throws cant combo them. have a problem with a projectile? game and watch, fox, flaco, zelda...pick them up

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Trolling kind of breaks down when people are this bored.

It's actually entertaining to participate. Keep the ball rolling.

Every time he posts I get a little giggle.

Also PK Fire isn't safe as you claim, that's laughable. Projectile has 20 frames startup, IASA on 48 grounded, in the air lag is forever and he has like 12 frames landing lag.
Its kinda fun to make fun of him even if I know he's BS this crap.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@ P Psychostoner , I strongly suggest that you work on your DI and SDI. When opponents see that you are falling for something over and over again they are going to keep doing it. You should catch yourself falling for this and figure out ways around it whether it be through better DI/SDI, better positioning, etc. It all really just takes practice and will probably not be instantly noticeable; it takes time. You might want to read up on some of the Advanced Techniques when you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom