• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Dance + Running grab + Up Throw + Combo above 60% Random Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
play me. talk is cheap.

nothing was false what i said since pros do it all the time.

you arent on topic at all either.

Last edited:

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
On Anther's Ladder, you are completely unranked, and have played friendlies with only people who are unranked, Bronze I, or at best, Silver III.

But obviously you beat everyone on netplay...

If you have something to say, you're allowed to say it, but you really shouldn't expect to say things that are easily proven false and then just cover your ears when people say otherwise.
the callouts are real

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
[SERIOUS TOPIC]
Don't give him such a hard time.

He wants us to keep on topic, and we should support that, since he's obviously very dedicated to ignoring everything anyone else has to say about it.

He can't ignore things that we don't say, so we have to help him out.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
this isnt highschool discuss the topic. Reported.
Really, I tried to discuss the topic with you, and you ignored literally everything I said providing clear counterpoints with examples for several members of the cast. You have failed to respond and continue to do nothing but echo yourself without addressing any of the actual discussion that everyone else here has provided.

There is no discussion left to be had, since you're not discussing anything.

This thread should just be locked and done away with.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
this isnt highschool discuss the topic. Reported.
Everyone tried to, but you ignored them. You even went off on how you were "The best player on Netplay" Besides if your serious on reporting, I can report the times where you posted your op in full as spam

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet

or

Spam Projectile til you get in.

These are the 2 strats I usually see in players online in PM.

They force me to be SUPER passive and just wait for them to run in. Super ****en boring to play with and its common. I win these fights its not about winning or losing its just a stale way of fighting.

Idk I could be a **** and just pick Yoshi(Tongue grab long range) and just get them 100 percent everytime.

The point is.... Why is everyone trying to be a bull? run grab run grab run grab. its so boring. up throws need to be changed they are ALWAYS a good option like with any character.

Again idk its just stale gameplay.

Edit- again no mix ups at all. No change of gameplay just the same thing. run to grab. ALWAYS grab.

Grab is way to good since upthrows are good and easy to combo with about any cast in the game.

To me I want less grabs and more throwing blows... grabs slow everything down to a halt and then u gotta wait for the upthrow EVERYtime.....

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Great job proving me wrong.
this isnt on topic.

or

Spam Projectile til you get in.

These are the 2 strats I usually see in players online in PM.

They force me to be SUPER passive and just wait for them to run in. Super ****en boring to play with and its common. I win these fights its not about winning or losing its just a stale way of fighting.

Idk I could be a **** and just pick Yoshi(Tongue grab long range) and just get them 100 percent everytime.

The point is.... Why is everyone trying to be a bull? run grab run grab run grab. its so boring. up throws need to be changed they are ALWAYS a good option like with any character.

Again idk its just stale gameplay.

Edit- again no mix ups at all. No change of gameplay just the same thing. run to grab. ALWAYS grab.

Grab is way to good since upthrows are good and easy to combo with about any cast in the game.

To me I want less grabs and more throwing blows... grabs slow everything down to a halt and then u gotta wait for the upthrow EVERYtime.....

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Predictability can always be punished. Literally just dashdance away from that predictable running grab and punish them, or do a SHFFL aerial during their predictable approach, or wavedash back, or spotdodge, etc., etc.

Besides that, uthrows are not "ALWAYS a good option like with any character." Even characters with very good uthrows like Marth, Roy, and Ike do not use uthrows that much of the time, instead mixing up dthrow and fthrows for tech chases over an uthrow that has no guaranteed followup above very low percents on most of the cast.

Beyond that, many characters just don't have good combo uthrows. Metaknight's is very situational, as is Kirby's. Sheik's is practically completely unused. Yoshi gets better conversions off dthrow. So does Ganondorf. And Mario. And often Link. And Ness. And often Diddy. And Wolf. And Lucas. And ROB...

Oh hey that's 12 characters right there off the top of my head, but obviously the entire cast just uthrows 90% of the time.
Oh hey lookit that, I can repost myself, too.

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
We've all read your first post. You don't need to quote it every time.

Instead, can you please provide a meaningful example of what you're talking about? For example: character x grabs character y and juggles for a substantial period of time and then easily converts into death.

If you do that, we can help you get yourself out of situations like that.

However, criticizing game design without substantiating your opinions, and then insulting, ignoring, or being condescending toward those who are attempting input is going to get you no where.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
you ignored everything.

you didnt read the post at all. I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM DEALING WITH THIS.

its STALE game play.

Iv'e also given plenty of examples. Watch games. This is old news.

If you defend this you basicully want n64 combos.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
you ignored everything.

its STALE game play.
Clearly you do since you have stated that you've reported someone because of this. You've also kept replying with "You Ignored everyting" to almost every post even when its something that fully relates to your OP.
Instead, can you please provide a meaningful example of what you're talking about? For example: character x grabs character y and juggles for a substantial period of time and then easily converts into death.
All we have done is try to help you but you keep ignoring us.

Its actually odd why the mods haven't locked this thread

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
^ reported again. take your highschool problems in highschool. Discuss the topic please. Thanks you.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994

its STALE game play.
Yes, and stale game play is predictable, and should be punished. I, for one, would love it if this were all my opponents were doing, because then the match would be easy. If this is the end of your opponents' tactics, then there are a few possibilities:
  1. They are bad, and don't mix things up enough, and don't adapt enough to change their habits
  2. They are better than you, and consistently win neutral by baiting out commitments and punishing with grabs
  3. You are bad, and either not punishing their predictability, or not pushing it hard enough that they change their habits

The key is that grabs aren't really a very good approach, except as an occasional mixup. What they are good for is punishes. They allow you to punish approaches that are mis-spaced on shield, punish overcommitments, or punish sloppy movement, following into a conversion.

You complaints of "oh no they grab and then combo" is kind of silly, because that's typically the entire point of a grab, or, really just about any move. The point is to gain an advantage, whether in positioning or in percentage. At best, you get a KO or set up an edgeguard situation, or a combo. A grab can lead into any of these, and the entire point of them at low percents is to set up into combos, because edgeguard and KO situations are going to happen much more infrequently at those percents. That's how the game works.

If they grab you, DI properly, get out of the combo, reset to neutral, and play better. If all they're doing is grabbing, play around it, play better than them, and punish them hard until they are forced to change their habits.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
For example: character x grabs character y and juggles for a substantial period of time and then easily converts into death

all characters can do this. some do it better then others but the basics are still there.

1:44 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2rV7TQOvU

k GG.

now you gotta actually DISCUSS the topic since you have now a EXAMPLE.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
For example: character x grabs character y and juggles for a substantial period of time and then easily converts into death

all characters can do this. some do it better then others but the basics are still there.
No, you see, there's this little thing that we like to call Directional Influence that prevents this from happening, if you actually use it.

.alizarin

Smash Apprentice
For example: character x forces character y off the stage

all characters can do this. some do it better than others but the basics are still there.

it's STALE gameplay

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
^ reported again. take your highschool problems in highschool. Discuss the topic please. Thanks you.
Topic on hand is that your complaining that U-throws into combos are cheap even after we said that you can avoid u-throws by wavedashing, jumping, or countering with a d-air after the combo. After that you ignored us and rambled on about how you can't even DI at 0% even though you really can and there's no moves that produce knockback without damage. You then preceded to "1v1 me scrub" and found out that you are currently unranked and have played friendlies. You also keep spamming your OP, not clarifying what your even saying because you think that everyone would understand even if they asked you nicely. You also have ignored the topic on hand to complain about Smash 64. In other words you have done a outstanding work on being a ****.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
You're kidding, right? Fox had the option to DI into the stage, where he would not have been spiked.

Last edited:

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
You're kidding, right? Fox had the option to DI into the stage, where he would not have been spiked.
he put him from 0 to 50 from just grab upthrow. this has nothing to do with the smash.

You are avoiding the topic.

This is clearly a mechanic (low percent gravity) thats abused by all characters but more from characters like marth. as you can CLEARLY SEE NO ESCAPE. OR DI.

So... my opinion is to make running throws techable. or OTHER OPTIONS IM OPEN TO..... k? fair?

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So... my opinion is to make running throws techable. or OTHER OPTIONS IM OPEN TO..... k? fair?
Im honestly dying from this statement since you never respected any opinions we had or even tested them to see if they helped or not.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
Im honestly dying from this statement since you never respected any opinions we had or even tested them to see if they helped or not.
I literally said about 6 times I dont LOSE to this. Thats not the topic.

you guys basically wanna play killer instinct without counter breakers...

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I literally said about 6 times I dont LOSE to this. Thats not the topic.
If you never lost to this then why did you make two forms complaining about it?

Besides we told you how to avoid them, just go play a netgame and do the things we said, it's just that easy.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
he put him from 0 to 50 from just grab upthrow. this has nothing to do with the smash.

It's an aerial, not a smash.

And you're not very convincing when your only example is a chain grab from only one character, that works on only one character, on one stage, which is a counterpick.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
1:44 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2rV7TQOvU

shows no escape. there is other uptilt up throw combos SIMILAR to this. marth is just a character that benefits this MOST.

and GUESS WHAT!! how did marth start that combo?????!?!?!?! drum roll............... a GRAB!

Last edited:

.alizarin

Smash Apprentice
This is clearly a mechanic (no infinite jumps) thats abused by all characters but more from players like pp. as you can CLEARLY SEE NO ESCAPE. OR DI.

So... my opinion is to give characters infinite jumps. or OTHER OPTIONS IM OPEN TO..... k? fair?

I have never actually LOST a stock before in my life. That's not the topic.

https://youtu.be/iBMgkr-s4jI?t=152

shows no escape. there is other get them offstage strategies SIMILAR to this. pp is just a player that benefits this MOST.

and GUESS WHAT!! how did pp start that strategy?????!?!?!?! drum roll............... a GRAB!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom