• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Dance + Running grab + Up Throw + Combo above 60% Random Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet

or

Spam Projectile til you get in.

These are the 2 strats I usually see in players online in PM.

They force me to be SUPER passive and just wait for them to run in. Super ****en boring to play with and its common. I win these fights its not about winning or losing its just a stale way of fighting.

Idk I could be a **** and just pick Yoshi(Tongue grab long range) and just get them 100 percent everytime.

The point is.... Why is everyone trying to be a bull? run grab run grab run grab. its so boring. up throws need to be changed they are ALWAYS a good option like with any character.

Again idk its just stale gameplay.

Edit- again no mix ups at all. No change of gameplay just the same thing. run to grab. ALWAYS grab.

Grab is way to good since upthrows are good and easy to combo with about any cast in the game.

To me I want less grabs and more throwing blows... grabs slow everything down to a halt and then u gotta wait for the upthrow EVERYtime.....

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Then punish them for using grabs so much. People only use things when they work, so make it not work. And if they keep doing it, then goodie. Just keep punishing them til they lose or give up on going for grab.

That, and learn how to do it back. Studying your opponent's character/strategy/etc. from their point of view can help you notice things you couldn't have conceived/realized otherwise.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
again this isnt a problem I have. Its what most people do. its a GO TO EASY RELIABLE strat.

Thats the problem.

on the whole cast.

this shows that grabbing and up throws need to be changed.

If you can tech a running throw cool all for it.

if the entire cast didnt just up threw 90 percent of the time then cool.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
If you think run up grab with "no mix ups at all" is a "GO TO EASY RELIABLE strat" then you are probably just not a very experienced player. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

Predictability can always be punished. Literally just dashdance away from that predictable running grab and punish them, or do a SHFFL aerial during their predictable approach, or wavedash back, or spotdodge, etc., etc.

Besides that, uthrows are not "ALWAYS a good option like with any character." Even characters with very good uthrows like Marth, Roy, and Ike do not use uthrows that much of the time, instead mixing up dthrow and fthrows for tech chases over an uthrow that has no guaranteed followup above very low percents on most of the cast.

Beyond that, many characters just don't have good combo uthrows. Metaknight's is very situational, as is Kirby's. Sheik's is practically completely unused. Yoshi gets better conversions off dthrow. So does Ganondorf. And Mario. And often Link. And Ness. And often Diddy. And Wolf. And Lucas. And ROB...

Oh hey that's 12 characters right there off the top of my head, but obviously the entire cast just uthrows 90% of the time.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
If you think run up grab with "no mix ups at all" is a "GO TO EASY RELIABLE strat" then you are probably just not a very experienced player. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

m2k uses grab on spacies. Perfect example. And i beat you in PM anyday dude.

This is about low percentages. anything after 60% is invalid since u can die from smash attack from most of cast.

all of them can up throw or up tilt spam at LOW PERCENTAGES. Anything after 60% doesnt matter.

.alizarin

Smash Apprentice
this guy is right, dash dance grab uthrow into 60% off your next stock is completely broken and i feel that there is absolutely no counterplay.

why cant pm be balanced? because dash dancing is broken and uthrow leads into too many free combos that do too much damage.

i propose that pmdt should remove all other moves besides grabs and then make it so grabs have range equal to the length of hyrule temple for all characters and make it so the release point for the throw is a few pixels off the ground. this solves many problems:

1) dash dancing is totally pointless
2) there are many many mixups because the only way you can continue your grab into "DESCRTRUCKSHUN" amazing commentary grab combos is off tech chases
3) this solves dying at 60% from every smash in the game, because i find it very annoying that sheik's fsmash keeps killing me from the other side of dreamland after i get uthrown to death by her
4) solves the issue of forcing me to think for a few seconds about the game

i think we can all agree that this is a feasible solution, and i hope this gets implemented in the soon-to-be-announced project m 4.20, thanks for your time

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
m2k uses grab on spacies. Perfect example.
"This top player uses a move."

What's your point? He also uses shine and nair when he plays Fox. Why would you not use a part of your kit?

This is about low percentages. anything after 60% is invalid since u can die from smash attack from most of cast.

all of them can up throw or up tilt spam at LOW PERCENTAGES. Anything after 60% doesnt matter.
If you're dying at just above 60% to a smash attack "from most of the cast", you must have atrocious DI.

Regardless, pretty much all of the characters I listed use those throws at low or all percents. Ganon and Sheik use dthrow at pretty much all percents. Swordies use fthrow and bthrow at low percents on anyone who isn't a fastfaller. Yoshi uses dthrow pretty much all the time. ROB uses dthrow over uthrow at most points in time, except on fastfallers at low pecent. MK should only use uthrow at higher percents, since he can rarely get conversions off of it at low percents anyway. The list goes on.

It really just sounds like you're salty about playing fastfallers against swordies or something.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Last edited:

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
you act like any character cant just grab uptilt or up throw and do a free combo. You obviously dont play the game.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
The fact that you are ignoring everything else makes me look better. full hp you can easly get up tilt spammed or up thrown into a free combo.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
The fact that you are ignoring everything else makes me look better. full hp you can easly get up tilt spammed or up thrown into a free combo.
Ok...

But what do you mean by HP?

Do you mean 0%???
Or are you playing on Stamina matches, which in actuality may be your problem.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
No this whole discussion makes you look ********

In fact, for a good amount of characters, combos out of up throw aren't true combos at 0%, and can be jumped out of. DI works at zero. Most combo up throws are 90 or 80 degree angles, so just hold horizontal and it makes follow ups harder for them.

You seem to be salty about marth in particular (enough to make two threads about it) so you should know marth doesn't get a lot off upthrow unless you're a semi/fast faller. And his upthrow chain grab on spacies is very rough in pm, he still needs to pummel once at around 15% or else he gets shined out of his next grab, but breaking out of pummels is atrociously easy at low %.

It just sounds like you're mad about people going for grabs on net play and instead of learning the basics of counterplay, you want to complain about it here and want it nerfed.:happysheep:

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
again its super easy to abuse juggling with any character at 0 percent. You keep ignoring this. oh yeah and up tilt spamming.

again i beat everyone on netplay. Play me. Im always on anthers.

Last edited:

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet

or

They force me to be SUPER passive and just wait for them to run in. Super ****en boring to play with and its common. I win these fights its not about winning or losing its just a stale way of fighting.

Idk I could be a **** and just pick Yoshi(Tongue grab long range) and just get them 100 percent everytime.

The point is.... Why is everyone trying to be a bull? run grab run grab run grab. its so boring. up throws need to be changed they are ALWAYS a good option like with any character.

Edit- again no mix ups at all. No change of gameplay just the same thing. run to grab. ALWAYS grab.

Grab is way to good since upthrows are good and easy to combo with about any cast in the game.

To me I want less grabs and more throwing blows... grabs slow everything down to a halt and then u gotta wait for the upthrow EVERYtime.....

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Thats why down airs are there....you are not gunna pull out a dair at 0 percent and im about to tilt you.

that doesnt ever happen.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

or

Why did you paste the entire thing here?

You could have just hit reply on your op and post it...

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Thats why down airs are there....you are not gunna pull out a dair at 0 percent and im about to tilt you.

that doesnt ever happen.
Ummm

Not with charicters with large lag times like Gannon, as well as charicters who have meteor dairs like Link, Tink, and Wario.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
again its super easy to abuse juggling with any character at 0 percent. You keep ignoring this. oh yeah and up tilt spamming.

I just need to ask this.
If you're a god at netplay, why the f*ck are you complaining? You should know this stuff full well and not complain about it. Instead you're coming off as a CoD kiddie that'll 1v1 you quickscopes only and if you beat him you're a hacker and you should kys.

You're being ridiculous. Just stop.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
did you not read the first thing i posted? here read it again.

or

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
You keep ignoring this.
And you keep ignoring literally everything anyone else has to say on this thread. Mindless utilt juggles don't work if you have DI. Uthrow chaingrabs only work on spacies and using a small handful of characters.

You can just taste the :shaker:
If you beat everyone, what's your tag and rank?

Last edited:

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
Mindless utilt juggles don't work if you have DI.

so if im shiek and up tilt u 4 times ina row what are you going to say?

all you need is my name scrub.

show me a ganon dairing at 0 percent about to get uptilted. oh wait u cant

Last edited:

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
A huge amount of your issues can be solved by avoiding getting hit in the first place and DI.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
so u dont know how to wave dash up tilt tech chase?

k ur bad. its not hard u uptilt juggle its known in the game. ur pretending like its not a thing. grow up.

talk **** go ahead.

stay on topic.

Last edited:

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
so u dont know how to wave dash up tilt tech chase?

k ur bad. its not hard u uptilt juggle its known in the game. ur pretending like its not a thing. grow up.
Yes, because a random person that doesn't even know about the fact that you can DI at 0 will surely show me how bad I am.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
all you need is my name scrub.
On Anther's Ladder, you are completely unranked, and have played friendlies with only people who are unranked, Bronze I, or at best, Silver III.

But obviously you beat everyone on netplay...

If you have something to say, you're allowed to say it, but you really shouldn't expect to say things that are easily proven false and then just cover your ears when people say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom