• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Posted for truth. Saixeven got HIS TAIL WHOOPED AT SONIC ADVENTURE 2! BRUTALLY, NO MERCY! 3-2 bro! I am the ultimate, his title is forfeit!

:phone:

BlinkIV

Avenger
No, not at all! DISQO GOTTA COUNTERPICK TO GRIND RACE FOR ALL 3 WINS. CAN'T BEAT ME AT A NORMAL RACE BRO! LRN2WIZARDPLS.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Its official. Disqo > SaiXeven at Grind Races (Sonic Adventure 2: Battle). Title in Grind Racing is now forfeit..HOWEVER! When it come to actual races, Disqo has got nothing on this Wizard.

I'm down for the Smash 64 tournament for sure.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Bro, you got no idea! This fool keeps getting Falcon Punched! ALL DAY!

And he got that Africa slap on me...Dammit Neon...

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
Xeven, let's team for jiveturkey day. You just gota **** talk disqo bunny with falcon punch and I'll up smash

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Alright challenge accepted! Attack of the Moon PEN15/Must be banned team! So much trolling and salt with generate!
Neon and me will team and do dk/ Kirby and give you the 8bit remix of the "feed the children" combo! Double Africa slaps all around!

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
Yea! I'll do my best to make sure fort worth makes it! I'll carpool if alsm can't. Or I'll get the people that alsm can't get. Whatever works.

So is that a yes on the smash64 tourney?

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
WHOA! Is Metaknight actually going to get banned? I just took this as one of those "moments" where MK was hated on, like it has been in the past.

I think he just might get banned this time.. no joke.
>.> I'm not upset, being anti ban and all. Just surprised that it's probably going to happen after all these years..
I Wonder if the smash community will actually grow because of it? What will M2K and those top MKs do? Will he be banned on AiB ladder? Will Olimar become top 5?? Change is exciting.. sometimes lol.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Beats me dude, I wonder how the tier list will be revised if MK is gone. Would they base it off how the characters play off against each other? Or leave it as is? My guess is..Those MK players will more than likely move on to Olimar/Snake/Falco/Diddy and possibly Marth.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I don't think well see rapid increase in diddys. I've played diddy for a while, dropped him, picked him back up, dropped him again, all that. Diddy is huge learning experience. Although, I think well see more snakes and falcos and probably olimars too. Marths, idk. It's possible.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Definitely not a rapid increase for Diddy, but I do see an increase for sure. Falco increasing is just a given sadly..I see chances of Ice Climbers and Pikachu rising a bit.

I actually really wanna know what the counter-arguement is for the MK players. How are they supporting themselves and what points are they trying to get across?

BlinkIV

Avenger
Definitely IC's..But I still think Falco would increase higher. If Falco does, then people will most likely pick up Pika/IC's for the sake of counterpicking.

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
I think that falco could actually go down a bit..

My reasoning behind that is no one counter picks characters in Brawl (even though Melee and 64 is a counter character game) right now because MK counters everyone. If you want the edge in a MU you just go MK.

If any former MK is going to use falco it's only going to be against people that aren't playing or have a pocket IC's or Pikachu.

I see the MKs distributing to just being counter pick players, meaning they'll go IC's, D3, Wario and Falco. I don't blame them either because the metagame is so advanced they'll have to do anything for advantage.
(Or if they're looking for a main they'll just go to marth since he has even or better MUs and his metagame is relatively simple)

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Well usually I dont see any MKs earily in tournys, I usually see every other character (high tiers).
Marth, snake, olimar, D3, wario, and pika will mostly go up
falcos and diddy will probably decline
plus I see people now going for low tiers nowadays cause I think people dont know the MU for them that well.

donkey kong and peach are good examples

BlinkIV

Avenger
That's true, Swaka has a good point though. I can see more low tier characters happening, maybe big enough to cause a change in the metagame itself y'know?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I'mma come through for jiveturkey's tournament so I hope to get in some ggs. Damn, it sucks that MK got banned, what Aerolink gonna do. plus I hope pikas and icys user DONT increase
Toon Link, Falco. Pretty simple for me. I'd imagine I'll be using Toon Link the most, and use Falco for MUs I have trouble with as Tink (Olimar, D3, ZSS, Wario, Lucario, maybe Snake and Diddy Kong). My TL is kinda solid, I just need to work on Falco a lot more. We'll see.

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
So what about a smashfest at my place tomorrow you guys? Anyone down? Maybe some of you guys could just stay over at my place till Saturday for the tourney lol.

I smell Super nintendo tho...

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
you could come anytime alsm. so after your date maybe? idk your plans tho.

If it turns out you can't make it let me know so I can plan to carpool people.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Toon Link, Falco. Pretty simple for me. I'd imagine I'll be using Toon Link the most, and use Falco for MUs I have trouble with as Tink (Olimar, D3, ZSS, Wario, Lucario, maybe Snake and Diddy Kong). My TL is kinda solid, I just need to work on Falco a lot more. We'll see.

stick with both links, since MK will be banned some time in the future, Either link shouldn't have too much of a problem taking out other characters the way you play. your falco is good, but my god you camp like motha***** with those projectiles/lasers lol. (I had fun fighting your falco)

Have you tried using marth before?

Top Bottom