• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cut Veterans: Who do you think WON'T make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Unless he's confirmed from a reliable source, I'm still worried about him. Even if it's Sakurai, there are other people that work on the game and stuff can always pop up. :bubblebobble:
Sakurai's mentioning talked about the Falcon Punch and how it would barely ever work in a 1 on 1 fight, thus Falcon was indeed at least being worked on at that point. If that doesn't confirm him, then Samurai Goroh says that there's no reason to worry about the Captain.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Unless he's confirmed from a reliable source, I'm still worried about him. Even if it's Sakurai, there are other people that work on the game and stuff can always pop up. :bubblebobble:
1. Cut Captain Falcon.
2. Experience immense backlash, reduced sales and respect, and an unfathomable decrease in masculinity within the game.
3. ????????
4. Profit!

Seriously, you have no reason to worry about the Fallcone Puaunch.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Sakurai's mentioning talked about the Falcon Punch and how it would barely ever work in a 1 on 1 fight, thus Falcon was indeed at least being worked on at that point. If that doesn't confirm him, then Samurai Goroh says that there's no reason to worry about the Captain.
To be honest I'm surprised that the Falcon Punch wasn't his Final Smash in Brawl. Now that there's going to be moveset changes, I hope the Falcon punch is the new final smash. I also thought the fact that the Falcon Punch being a rare, situational thing was on purpose, given on how it was portrayed in it's anime thing. :bubblebobble:

1. Cut Captain Falcon.
2. Experience immense backlash, reduced sales and respect, and an unfathomable decrease in masculinity within the game.
3. ????????
4. Profit!

Seriously, you have no reason to worry about the Fallcone Puaunch.
Captain Falcon is quite memetic with his "show me ya moves" and "falcon punch". However outside of that I worry about his popularity. Pretty much anyone I talk to that knows about Captain Falcon is only because they played Smash Bros. So I still have plenty of reason to worry, even though I'd be surprised if he's removed. I worry over a lot of things though. :applejack:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon is quite memetic with his "show me ya moves" and "falcon punch". However outside of that I worry about his popularity. Pretty much anyone I talk to that knows about Captain Falcon is only because they played Smash Bros. So I still have plenty of reason to worry, even though I'd be surprised if he's removed. I worry over a lot of things though. :applejack:[/quote]

Its more than just a meme. Its practically the very essence of Smash. Ask anyone what defines Smash Bros. and I guarantee Falcon Punch and Show ya moves will be among them. F-Zero isn't even a game series as far as I'm concerned. Captain Falcon is a one man stand-in army all his own.

Plus, as everyone's mentioned, Goroh is an assist trophy, the Falcon Punch has been mentioned in a Smash 4 interview, and a series has never STOPPED being represented in Smash. Mother hasn't had a game since 2006, and Ice Climber since 1987, and that hasn't held them back so far.

Last edited:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Falcon is Smash Bros. unofficial mascot, and a member of the original twelve no less (not that that really means anything, but still). He's not going anywhere, ever.

:falcon64::falconmelee::falcon:

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
To be honest I'm surprised that the Falcon Punch wasn't his Final Smash in Brawl. Now that there's going to be moveset changes, I hope the Falcon punch is the new final smash. I also thought the fact that the Falcon Punch being a rare, situational thing was on purpose, given on how it was portrayed in it's anime thing. :bubblebobble:

Captain Falcon is quite memetic with his "show me ya moves" and "falcon punch". However outside of that I worry about his popularity. Pretty much anyone I talk to that knows about Captain Falcon is only because they played Smash Bros. So I still have plenty of reason to worry, even though I'd be surprised if he's removed. I worry over a lot of things though. :applejack:
Falcon Punch has been his B special since his debut. Don't know why you seem to think that that is going to change now.

And you must be smoking something PRETTY strong if you think that original Smash veteran and local meme fountain is going anywhere. So far you haven't brought a legit reason as to why he might be removed aside from "I just worry a lot" and "F-Zero hasn't been doing well lately", the latter has never been a good argument.
I'm sorry if I seem smug about this, but Captain Falcon's return in Smash is not a matter of "if" but "when".

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Falcon Punch has been his B special since his debut. Don't know why you seem to think that that is going to change now.

And you must be smoking something PRETTY strong if you think that original Smash veteran and local meme fountain is going anywhere. So far you haven't brought a legit reason as to why he might be removed aside from "I just worry a lot" and "F-Zero hasn't been doing well lately", the latter has never been a good argument.
I'm sorry if I seem smug about this, but Captain Falcon's return in Smash is not a matter of "if" but "when".
They wanted to focus on making characters be more balanced, having more character. If the Falcon Punch was something that was hardly ever used, and they wanted to make it more epic like the thing they based it off of, it would make sense to make it a Final Smash. They still have him drive in on a vehicle when he enters the stage anyways. That's why I'd be surprised if they didn't change it up since they are changing everyone up for SSB4. This is the time to change it, if they ever will change the Falcon Punch to a Final Smash.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Look like I am the only one who predicted Ike for next & random reveal...

My next prediction? No character reveals until E3 and you will not see :lucas::ness2::jigglypuff::falco::snake::ivysaur::squirtle::younglinkmelee::mewtwomelee::drmario::roymelee::pichumelee: at E3. There are 8 remaining veterans I can't predict if will be in E3 or not...

Just to see if my prediction is really working. :smirk:

EDIT: please ignore G&W
Oh, hey, look what I've predicted for E3.

Me = prophet? :troll:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Looks like Lucas just became most likely cut with the latest Gematsu leak.
Yeah, and that really sucks.. but at least said leak mentioned DLC, as well, so if Lucas does end up being cut, he could possibly return through there.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Don't think Falco will make it in as well based on how accurate are my recent predictions (you can find out in prev pages) and because Gematsu Leak mentioned Lucas not making it in presumately because of customizable movesets.

I suspect Gematsu hasn't heard a thing about Fox versus Falco because Fox is obviously a winner unlike extended debate about Ness versus Lucas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom