• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Moveset Project Releases Summer 2015 Edition

SEgo

Smash Rookie
NNID
MissionFeather
Most of the custom moves are either really bad, or just useless overall. There is only one that I find useful, Ness' Lasting PK Thunder.

cacatod12

Smash Cadet
I understand why we need to have predetermined sets but as a link main I don't see any sets that benefits me in any way

D

Deleted member

I'm not for all this name calling, generalizations, and arguments regarding this, but I am happy about customs. I at first was very skeptical of the idea before the game came out, but ended up changing my mind later after realizing it can help lower tier characters be better.

One of my complaints about Smash Bros. 4 is actually the balance itself, so anything to help improve some of my favorite characters which are lower tier is a good idea to me.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm not for all this name calling, generalizations, and arguments regarding this, but I am happy about customs. I at first was very skeptical of the idea before the game came out, but ended up changing my mind later after realizing it can help lower tier characters be better.

One of my complaints about Smash Bros. 4 is actually the balance itself, so anything to help improve some of my favorite characters which are lower tier is a good idea to me.
To be fair it may make a few more characters viable, but it also sends a bunch of other characters down the list that don't have customs that do them any good. It's more of a reshuffling of balance a bit.

Little Mac is a great example of how customs will also make certain matchups incredibly polarizing as well. He's been getting decent results but with lots of wind boxes and many projectiles getting major buffs to beat him and him getting nothing he's gonna have issues. Imagine him against DK "The Last Airbender"... It will be sad to see some characters have BRUTAL matchups (like 10/90 kinds of things) instead of at least a possibility to win.

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
To be fair it may make a few more characters viable, but it also sends a bunch of other characters down the list that don't have customs that do them any good. It's more of a reshuffling of balance a bit.

Little Mac is a great example of how customs will also make certain matchups incredibly polarizing as well. He's been getting decent results but with lots of wind boxes and many projectiles getting major buffs to beat him and him getting nothing he's gonna have issues. Imagine him against DK "The Last Airbender"... It will be sad to see some characters have BRUTAL matchups (like 10/90 kinds of things) instead of at least a possibility to win.
This is just pertaining to your example, and I agree with what you've said, but at least in Mac's case, there's a lot he can do to DK, like that aerial kill combo.

...Mac's still got a really hard time though.

D

Deleted member

Little Mac in all honesty is a polarizing character without customs. The entire concept for the character is his biggest pro and biggest con with his amazing on stage game and is terrible off stage, recovery, and in-air game.

I actually question the concept of Little Mac before I question his customs only because this is the way he was designed, he's real good in one department and real awful in other things. His balance is from one side to the other.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Most of the custom moves are either really bad, or just useless overall. There is only one that I find useful, Ness' Lasting PK Thunder.
Then you've obviously never bothered testing most of them. A lot of people can name you several moves that improve their character in certain matchups.

Last edited:

Ur2Slow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sponger64
Alll right, I just hope they make it so that campy movesets aren't allowed (it's just going to end up in a bunch of timeouts, which is bad for an EVO tournament). I've seen what custom villager vs custom palutena can do to the clock....

Elite Smasher

Elite Smash Expert & Smashologist
NNID
Justin3
3DS FC
4253-3537-8467
This is extremely wrong! All customs should be allowed. If we just eliminated coaching, then we would have well enough time for a 3ds transfer. This is absolutely not fair for anyone who does not like these few combination out of the total 81 different combinations!!! This is not only absurd, but it is an outrage! The community can not go around denying smashsonian liberties like this! They must be willing to accept new combinations because many have not developed their custom moveset yet. If this project does not accept new submissons they will face eventual absolvement!

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fools.

It's a large shame you guys do not see the behind the scenes illuminati stuff going on. Being someone who knows true incentives/people and is around VGBC helps me see.

Xanadu is going back to non-customs this Tuesday and is not a large part of the smash 4 scene. I don't know why people think it is.

I'm not gonna post here again, but you people are unfortunately being blindsided by some TO's and streamers.
I feel bad for you all as such. Have a good day.

:018:

Last edited:

Jaycen_Thunda

Smash Rookie
To make sure I'm clear on what's happening.
So with this project, Are all tournaments now "custom on" as long as it follows the given custom set guidelines?

Seiniyta

Smash Cadet
Fools.

It's a large shame you guys do not see the behind the scenes illuminati stuff going on. Being someone who knows true incentives/people and is around VGBC helps me see.

Xanadu is going back to non-customs this Tuesday and is not a large part of the smash 4 scene. I don't know why people think it is.

I'm not gonna post here again, but you people are unfortunately being blindsided by some TO's and streamers.

Xanadu is going back to non-customs this week, and then customs the following week. It's alternating because of CEO not having customs.

It has nothing to do with Xanadu not wanting Customs.

The only thing you've achieved is make yourself look like a whiner who doesn't want to adapt and is salty because Sonic doesn't benefit as much from Customs as you'd like.

Last edited:

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
lol wait, so individuals aren't even allowed to use the customs they want? They have to pick from pre-established sets?
Wow, this project sucks.
This is because EVO doesn't allow fill-in sets, and all 10 must be filled.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Fools.

I see why you're name is Seagull Joe. The salt is too real.
But goddamn, the accumulative amount of ignorance in this thread is just mind-boggling! And why the hell can't you just upload your own sets from your own 3DS? Who was the ****** who made that rule?

Seiniyta

Smash Cadet
But goddamn, the accumulative amount of ignorance in this thread is just mind-boggling! And why the hell can't you just upload your own sets from your own 3DS? Who was the ****** who made that rule?
Let's say that Evo will have 65+ WiiU setups at EVO. Who is going to unlock all those custom moves on the WiiU without having a method to use a cheat device to unlock them in the WiiU version directly? It's not feasible at all. Hence the 3DS transfer process.

To save time, and make sure the custom moves list doesn't become super messy with people not adhering to the naming conventions etc so later people don't have to go in the menu again to change it again it was decided to use the 10 most relevant sets for a character at EVO. This way a LOT of time is saved and it doesn't become a mess.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This is just pertaining to your example, and I agree with what you've said, but at least in Mac's case, there's a lot he can do to DK, like that aerial kill combo.

...Mac's still got a really hard time though.
I'm assuming you mean neutral air combo that can be escaped? :p

Little Mac Stuff
He's really just the most obvious example, there are other matchups that become pretty polarizing with customs on too. I do love a lot of the positives they bring to the game, and it's obvious a lot of players want to try them but I find people are looking WAY too much as the positives to the point of being blinded by possible negatives.

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
MrWizard? The one who runs the tournament.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Fantastic job guys!

Fully co-signing the Robin sets, here's to a wonderful world of customs!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
MrWizard? The one who runs the tournament.
Good to know.
Let's say that Evo will have 65+ WiiU setups at EVO. Who is going to unlock all those custom moves on the WiiU without having a method to use a cheat device to unlock them in the WiiU version directly? It's not feasible at all. Hence the 3DS transfer process.

To save time, and make sure the custom moves list doesn't become super messy with people not adhering to the naming conventions etc so later people don't have to go in the menu again to change it again it was decided to use the 10 most relevant sets for a character at EVO. This way a LOT of time is saved and it doesn't become a mess.
Hence why I said "transfer your own sets from your 3DS." If you already have the set that you want made on your 3DS, than it wouldn't take much time at all. And plus, the idea that everybody must choose from these 10 arbitrary sets that you may or may not want is just plain ********.

Seiniyta

Smash Cadet
Good to know.

Hence why I said "transfer your own sets from your 3DS." If you already have the set that you want made on your 3DS, than it wouldn't take much time at all. And plus, the idea that everybody must choose from these 10 arbitrary sets that you may or may not want is just plain ********.
It's not arbitrary, they were chosen after a lot of discussions on each character their board.

And there's too much risk involved in uploading your own character in such a major tournament as you could sneak in an equipment. Also, not every WiiU smash player has the 3DS version. So how are they going to do that? That makes it unfair toward others.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Variety is the spice of life, and it doesn't hurt to try something new to see if it works.
If it turns out that customs can be agreed upon as bad in the tournament scene, then that's it. We've proven it, and we can move past the question of Customs.

Oooor it adds more depth and adds more to discover in the potential of a character.

42nd

Smash Cadet
Customs are fine. Gives flavor to the game which is currently dominated by ditties. This will add a refreshing taste to sm4sh.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Why the F is there a GnW on the artwork for this post?
Ampharos gave up the 2D life for the Lucky Charm Slinger

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Alright, I'm kinda salty on the thin Mii decisions. Don't thicker Miis let you have more hitstun on foes?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm still indifferent to customs being included or not in EVO. I'm ok with the standard, but customs are fine too.

I am pretty glad to see them a reality while not being a hassle to deal with. I like this project and I think steps like these will open up the game we've been given.

What would make EVO customs better would be 3-stock 8-minutes, due to how volatile some custom moves are and how quickly stocks go with just one punish. I know the timer is locked though, which means 2-stock...

Oh well. I'll just have to use Fox's Twisting UpB. Aka Barrel Roll.

Seiniyta

Smash Cadet
I'm still indifferent to customs being included or not in EVO. I'm ok with the standard, but customs are fine too.

I am pretty glad to see them a reality while not being a hassle to deal with. I like this project and I think steps like these will open up the game we've been given.

What would make EVO customs better would be 3-stock 8-minutes, due to how volatile some custom moves are and how quickly stocks go with just one punish. I know the timer is locked though, which means 2-stock...

Oh well. I'll just have to use Fox's Twisting UpB. Aka Barrel Roll.
I'm afraid you'll probably have to hypnotize Mr. Wizard for two weeks straight to get through :p I personaly definitly would rather have 3 stocks 8 minutes but we'll see how EVO goes.

I kinda hope it'll be over way before they expect it and it pushes the game toward 3 stocks 8 minutes. But that's probably wishful thinking.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
As a player whose main stands to gain zero from customs, I can still confidently say that I love this project.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's not arbitrary, they were chosen after a lot of discussions on each character their board.

And there's too much risk involved in uploading your own character in such a major tournament as you could sneak in an equipment. Also, not every WiiU smash player has the 3DS version. So how are they going to do that? That makes it unfair toward others.
They'll be able to tell if you have equipment on by the little icon that's only there if you have equipment on.

Top Bottom