• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crater12's Marth FAQ

Apollo

BRoomer
BRoomer
Edge guarding does not have to consist of charging the sword, but simply hitting the opponent as he/she is recovering.

And it's absolutely necessary if you want to get better.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
... WAY different. :p did you read the guide? Roy and Marth have similar-looking attacks, but that's just about it. For example: dtilt with roy is a poke that sends them UP, and dtilt with marth is a poke that sends them on a downwards angle (when edgeguarding). and umm.. yeah Marth beats Roy in a lot of things, and Roy beats marth... when he's drunk? iunno man. But i suggest reading this guide, it'll help you out =)

G@BE

Smash Lord
sure you can play them the same. But there are diffrent ways off using them so what if there attacks are the same they are still really diff.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
G@BE said:
sure you can play them the same. But there are diffrent ways off using them so what if there attacks are the same they are still really diff.
man, i don't even think you can PLAY them the same. Roy's recovery suxx, and a lot of my game has to do with jumping off the the edge and wacking them down. means instant death for me. Marth's moveset seems to allow for more flexibility in choosing your moves... with Roy it seems there are times when you MUST do a certain move in order to win. Roy's cool though.. his wavedash sounds funny. and he says such 'cool' things as: "It was a tough battle". LOL Marth has bigger feat than Roy. You know what THAT means. ;) But then again, Roy doesn't seem to have hit adolescence yet, at least from the way nintendo portrayed him >.> OH ROY. you're such a marth wannabe. Grow a beard and get on with your life!

G@BE

Smash Lord
In the fact when you taunt with marth he say : everyone look at me!!

no JOKE!!

more leading to the fact that marth is possibly a homo. but he is one bad *** homo id do him ^_^

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
haha i know =P, but he also says such cool things like "i musn't lose'. totally gangster. let us not forget that every girl in ssbm would love to do marth. If you want proof, i've found some pictures portraying marth with women. yes, marth does mix with the opposite s3x. ;) he just likes attention, is all. especially attention from women! how can you blame him with women like... peach? around. Most excellent, marth! way to go!

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
firexemblemxpryde said:
haha i know =P, but he also says such cool things like "i musn't lose'. totally gangster. let us not forget that every girl in ssbm would love to do marth. If you want proof, i've found some pictures portraying marth with women. yes, marth does mix with the opposite s3x. ;) he just likes attention, is all. especially attention from women! how can you blame him with women like... peach? around. Most excellent, marth! way to go!
Dude, can I quote you for my sig or something? please? ;)

Hairy-Lee

Smash Rookie
The Great Marth said:
Dude, roy and marth are WAY DIFFERENT from each other.

yes i know this i was just saying that marth is easier to use than roy. marth can get hits in much easier than roy because he's faster.

p.s i did read the guide and it taught me like a couple of things. :)
i have been playing with marth and roy since the release of it in the u.k. and i think marth is better really, but i have gotten rusty with roy.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
800 posts buddy... i'm pretty sure it was a joke. and of COURSE you can quote me =] . woww you've been playing since it came out for UK? when was that =O.... if so, how could you say something like 'you know how to use roy, u know how to use marth'. m.. okay. so what is the difference between pichu and pikachu? i'm not saying that they are the same, i simply don't know the finer details of how/why pikachu is better than pichu. I know pichu does damage to himself... and he's cuter?

G@BE

Smash Lord
800 post does not matter....that just means your actually you know...talkative does not mean you know alot.

ive bean posting sense last year i only have 180. my friend ronnie has been posting sense januray has like 300 and i know a ton of more stuff then he does.

not trying to start **** just making that clear.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
hehe i don't see how you can post 800 times and not see SOME intelligent discussion in these threads. =P your friend ronnie sounds like a spammer lol. sense= since? I can't say much about you though, i've only ever seen you on this thread. do yah browse marth threads a lot? no beef mang. now, seriously, cough up the differences between pichu/pikachu.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I could have 800 post...but i dont usally post unless it is really something important.
I try to keep my opinoins at a minimum. er cant think spelling ....SCUK ^_^

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
lol areyou SERIOUS?

"i hate ronnie and his fox"

"why does allan hate on me so much"

".....what?"

oh gabe. the rules say that you shouldn't post your banner if it is longer than your text/post. =P hehhee okay i'm sorry that was mean. just, that one thread you post on is sometimes off-topic. and you're a big part of it. =P april 2005? whoa, you pwn me by like 9 months =O

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
edit:// so sorry. it said it hadn't work and yeah, so sorry. i will use this post to reply to the next one. my bad!

edit2:// @$$? words are hurtful, man. and I've got more posts than you.. because i'm more active on several threads? anyway, it seems like you had a big gap in your posting for a while. Maybe when your friend ronnie came to smashboards, you were recharged on mars? and yes, i did my research, i'm not in the habit of talking about something i know nothing about. I'm not sure. Do you have any vids of your marth? =P lets all just chill and not call each other @$$3$. kk? marth player to marth player, OUT

G@BE

Smash Lord
firexemblemxpryde said:
oh gabe. the rules say that you shouldn't post your banner if it is longer than your text/post. =P hehhee okay i'm sorry that was mean. just, that one thread you post on is sometimes off-topic. and you're a big part of it. =P april 2005? whoa, you pwn me by like 9 months =O

first of all if you thought it was mean you wouldnt had said....@$$

why do you care if its off topic we try to have a lil fun not just be straight talking about the game every 3 sec.

oh yea its the point that i have been on here 9 months longer but you still seem to have 300 more posts then me.

oh and thats kinda messed up that you would be so nice to look up everything about me. :psycho:

Player00

Smash Journeyman
SPAM!!! Heh, all the cool kids are doing it!

firexemblemxpryde said:
sense= since?
Lol @ you correcting someone's spelling when I can hardly make sense out of any of your posts... sorry man, but after like an hour of trying to figure out what you were trying to say in your posts, I gave up and made this one. If you were wondering what might have provoked someone into making an "@$$" comment, I would consider what I quoted for starters.

Yes this post was totally uncalled for, but I'm just saying what everyone's thinking...

On topic (sort of): Just because characters are clones doesn't mean that if you mastered one then you mastered the other. If you are a Marth master and then just assume that Roy would be easy for you to be good with then you would be setting yourself up for disappointment.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Player00 said:
SPAM!!! Heh, all the cool kids are doing it!

Lol @ you correcting someone's spelling when I can hardly make sense out of any of your posts... sorry man, but after like an hour of trying to figure out what you were trying to say in your posts, I gave up and made this one. If you were wondering what might have provoked someone into making an "@$$" comment, I would consider what I quoted for starters.

Yes this post was totally uncalled for, but I'm just saying what everyone's thinking...

On topic (sort of): Just because characters are clones doesn't mean that if you mastered one then you mastered the other. If you are a Marth master and then just assume that Roy would be easy for you to be good with then you would be setting yourself up for disappointment.
haha ouch, but I can't really see any spelling errors in my posts? I must have missed one. If you're talking about why i don't always capitalize, like in this sentence, it's because I'm the kind of guy who likes to get my point across quickly. Not that pressing shift is that slow, but it's not habitual of me. About me asking if 'sense' meant 'since', it was because both words would make make logical sense but have different meanings; he said he was posting 'SENSE'. You've tried to very subtly imply that I'm an '@$$', but you've failed miserably. Not nice at ALL, man =[ . G@be is a pretty cool guy ( i pm'd him as he asked ) but he said he only posted when he needed to/deemed important. >.> upon reading his profile, it seemed that wasn't the case. Generally speaking, 800 posts means someone with experience. I resent your @$$ comment, hopefully i've cleared up what misconceptions you had.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Wow, I feel terrible. This feud all started because I have posted a horrible amount of 800 times. I don't see how you can think I was joking G@be, specially seeing as how I post so much (and I am so talkative) then you should have seen atleast ONE of my other posts and you would have known that I am a very serious and avid smasher. I don't have tolerence for jokes and knick-knacks. It only reminds me of my childhood in old country where I had to carry 10,000 grams of mined zinc in the back countries of Switzerland all the way to the zinc factory in the suburbs of Austria, every day. Of course, this assumes that wheelbarrows where invented at the time in which case I do not know the answer. In fact, this whole thing just doesn't make "sense" at all. I guess I'll come out of the closet, I am related to Kelsey Grammer but don't tell Matt because he might become detrimental to our safety if he found out.

(Stupid 10 character minimum rule *sheesh*)

G@BE

Smash Lord
No!

the only reason i say this is becuase look at The Great Marth

he has 1,071 posts. He really does not say anything logical. I know the man personally.

You say im a nice guy but the two of you continue to make fun of me.

Oh yea and thanks player 00 for trying to help me out a lil :chuckle:

when is the next time you will be able to come down to smash. You need to come over to my house or SideEffects house other then just going to the monthlys Luiis has.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
G@BE said:
No!

the only reason i say this is becuase look at The Great Marth

he has 1,071 posts. He really does not say anything logical. I know the man personally.

You say im a nice guy but the two of you continue to make fun of me.

Oh yea and thanks player 00 for trying to help me out a lil :chuckle:

when is the next time you will be able to come down to smash. You need to come over to my house or SideEffects house other then just going to the monthlys Luiis has.
you have made the beast very angry!

Marth 616

Smash Journeyman
Kmahhl said:
Umm... guys does any of this stuff is actually about this guy's Marth guide?
I think, that makes you and me spammers :dizzy:
Marth's guide is on the first page of this thread, so yes...we are spamming. :chuckle:

G@BE

Smash Lord
You want to know what i have noticed from this marth forum.

1,000 of people play marth but noone seems to want to talk about him. I think everyone is trying ot hide that the play with a homosexsual.

that is all

-Gabe

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Marth isn't gay! that's not cool like.

I don't appreciate you calling my favourite character on smash gay. umm.. not that thats a bad thing, but from random pictures i've seen around the net... i've seen marth with this green haired chick... and on some fanfic he was grabbing peach's a5s. you should visit the thread [why do you play roy] , started by metaknight04 , where i totally told off roy and was like go marth. he has NO, i repeat NO homosexual tendencies. like, if the man wants to make sure his hair is still in tact, then so be it! you see nammers fixing their hair after every sentence, but you don't go around calling NAMMERs ghey? but that may be cuz they'll stab you if you do, but you get the point. marth also has a sword. . . . zOMG. MARTH IS REALLY A HETEROSEXUAL NAMMER!

Top Bottom