• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU won EVO!

SerpentxTongue666

Smash Rookie
It's super entertaining when there's a Wario on the field.
i agree! ive started playin wario alot now...cuz winning with metaknight doesnt give u much respect so ive been trying to main someone new like wario, wolf, or maybe even diddy XD

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I read the article and he seems like a great guy.Actually,it was a very intelligent move to practise with items.Maybe he can go to a serious tournament in the future.

SerpentxTongue666

Smash Rookie
I read the article and he seems like a great guy.Actually,it was a very intelligent move to practise with items.Maybe he can go to a serious tournament in the future.
ya weer humble and dont brag alot...evo isnt ****. we r planning to go to a big serious tourney and kick sum ***...i hope :D

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Well my good sir.. to be honest generally when you see a 1 sentence post it should not be taken seriously once-so-ever... however in this case lets analyze that comment.

This was Ken's FIRST large brawl tourney.. they also used items.. Ken clearly did not play with items very much [showing his inexperience] due to the fact that he had several chances to KO with a FinalSmash/Bumper but was unable to do so.

That ROB player... decent, but NOT EVEN CLOSE to the level OS/Nacker/Maxx play in a friend much less a tourney match.

Note that in his articles "CPU" basically a no namer EVEN ADDMITTED to losing to a better player.. and b/c he won an "items" tourney.. this win means absolutely sh*t.

Note that NO ONE GIVES A SH*T about the big GameStop tourneys and the finals that Lee won..

NO ONE.

So I continue to stand by my statement.. Ken sucks at brawl... im sure you are not good based on the way you randomly address your superiors in age, and skill... and CPU is also bad.

Good Day Sir.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You clearly don't know who ChozenOne is.

EDIT: He pretty much hit the nail on the head.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Well my good sir.. to be honest generally when you see a 1 sentence post it should not be taken seriously once-so-ever... however in this case lets analyze that comment.

This was Ken's FIRST large brawl tourney.. they also used items.. Ken clearly did not play with items very much [showing his inexperience] due to the fact that he had several chances to KO with a FinalSmash/Bumper but was unable to do so.

That ROB player... decent, but NOT EVEN CLOSE to the level OS/Nacker/Maxx play in a friend much less a tourney match.

Note that in his articles "CPU" basically a no namer EVEN ADDMITTED to losing to a better player.. and b/c he won an "items" tourney.. this win means absolutely sh*t.

Note that NO ONE GIVES A SH*T about the big GameStop tourneys and the finals that Lee won..

NO ONE.

So I continue to stand by my statement.. Ken sucks at brawl... im sure you are not good based on the way you randomly address your superiors in age, and skill... and CPU is also bad.

Good Day Sir.
Firstly, You have no idea how old I am. Secondly, the skill thing has nothing to to with my post. Neither of your insults matter. I could say I have a better join date than you. I said your crazy oneliner post was stupid coming from someone who is given recognition for supposedly being intelligent. Your own evidence basically states that Ken doesn't know how to use items, and that he lost to a worse player in a items match. M2K could lose to worse player in an items match. I could care less about the tournament as well.

Edit: I do know who Ch0zen is Glyph. I highly respect him as the high level player he is.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I don't think he's a troll, he types out all of his words and even spells them right.

I meant that you don't know how chozen posts. This is just what he does (and it seems to be working for him pretty well)

And ken isn't nearly as amazing at brawl as he was at melee. Personally, I would't say he sucks, but thats mostly because I don't have a reputation of being a skilled tournament player (but you know who does? Chozen).

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Well, you're right, he's not a real troll (probably). He's more likely just being silly. Especially with the whole join date thing.... if you actually know who Chozen is, you know that this username is not his only one, and that his other one was here much longer than just last November.

However.... the best trolls are actually the convincing ones. You think you're actually trying to debate (or somesuch) with someone, but they're just ****ing with you.

Whatever the case may be, it's definitely a derailment of the conversation. Chozen's right, Ken is not to Brawl what he his to Melee. Whether you say he sucks or not is really a relative statement (he'd pwn my arse, for example), but he is just not as dominant as he was in SSBM. This tournament doesn't really prove that, given the presence of items, but it's still a fact.

Dyxnar14

Smash Apprentice
In every beginning match, Ken literally beat the crap out of CPU. Once items started showing up then Cpu started getting his way. Sure he's a world champ now, but with Items? I think not. I'f items were't on then Ken would of probably beat CPU. Hopefully next tourneys like these arnt Item based. Overall Evo was entertaining.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
World champ? No one thinks he's a world champ. Evo is a pretty insignificant tournament.

null55

Smash Master
Ohhh sh*t... 'Is goin down.

BTW... if you've watched the CPU matches (they're on youtube) you would understand that Ken is such a better player. CPU just got all of the smash balls, could easily dodge Marth's final smash and just glide-tossed every item that came on the stage a thousand times. I was actually sad watching it.

Saying CPU is the world champion is like saying... *cough*. Yeah, I got nothing...

SerpentxTongue666

Smash Rookie
its a ****ing items tourney wtf do u expect...him to throw all da items away? ******.

BTW... if you've watched the CPU matches (they're on youtube) you would understand that Ken is such a better player. CPU just got all of the smash balls, could easily dodge Marth's final smash and just glide-tossed every item that came on the stage a thousand times. I was actually sad watching it.

Saying CPU is the world champion is like saying... *cough*. Yeah, I got nothing...

majoras.

Smash Journeyman

if i recall CPU beat ken in the final and send him to losers bracket as well...

so ken can`t beat CPU a whole set if there are items on?
so CPU is the only lucky one and Ken is the forbidden one?
is it a fact that if you choose rob ALL the items will appear near you? :chuckle:

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman

is it a fact that if you choose rob ALL the items will appear near you? :chuckle:
Yes. 'Cause God loves ROB almost as much as he loves MK.

null55

Smash Master

No, but it is a possibility. And that's precisely why items are gay.

its a ****ing items tourney wtf do u expect...him to throw all da items away? ******.

No you idiot. I was giving a reason why people can't call CPU better than Ken.

Ruse

Fox
Ken probably went the EVO to enjoy Las Vegas, not win a Brawl tournament.

Regardless of the fact that he lost (to a ROB with items & Smash Balls on), the matches are impressive (if you're only watching Ken).

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
well... i hope this proves that items are only for casuals.

i heard that evo was going to bring brawl back but w/o items because of the non competitiveness and the poor turnout. so there is next year.

but i would love to see the matches lolz items are way to hilarious

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Lets just say CPU is better than ken with items and leave it at that :)
Agreed. The discussion is kinda pointless; this does not translate to general brawl skill, we all know it, we all agree with it, so let's just leave it be.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Wow... just realized ken vrs cpu vids were up, cpu is so effing campy. Seriously... Ken was always winning, but cpu just got lucky and always got the smash ball. =/

Top Bottom