• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

Today I just entered an online tournament, it's nothing serious but I thought this was a good way to start playing Smash again (I haven't played for at least 4 months, this was also a reason why I wasn't so active here recently) and maybe try what "feelings" gives a tourney lol.
I'll probably go all Corrin since I'm pretty confident with her, and I'll try my best not to lose at the first turn! :4corrinf:

Wish me luck! (if you want to :p)
Good luck and have some fun!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Today I just entered an online tournament, it's nothing serious but I thought this was a good way to start playing Smash again (I haven't played for at least 4 months, this was also a reason why I wasn't so active here recently) and maybe try what "feelings" gives a tourney lol.
I'll probably go all Corrin since I'm pretty confident with her, and I'll try my best not to lose at the first turn! :4corrinf:

Good luck~! Go show your dragon raWR
Cheerleading 2.gif

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
May the RNGoddess favor you. Remember - Fortune favors the bowed.

Seriously though, I tried an online tourny once and I got serious tournament nerves. I've kind of been avoiding them since. I probably ought to suck it up and start joining some, though, since I don't have a local competitive scene.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
We all know that feeling when you find fan-art that combines two of your favorite things into one. And what i found makes me happy. Here's some Fire Emblem x Fairy Tail fan-art i found.

Some of the writing is kinda hard to read, so i'll identify all of them, as well as their locations, so you know what you are looking at.
  • (Very front) Natsu is a Lord
  • (Right behind Natsu to the left) Lucy is a Pegasus Knight
  • (Right behind Natsu to the right) Levy is a Tactician
  • (Right behind Levy) Gajeel is a Wyvern Lord
  • (All the way in the back) Wendy is a Cleric
  • (In front of Wendy to her left) Jellal is a Summoner
  • (Right next to Jellal) Erza is.....i can't really tell. The letters appear to say Hero, so let's just go with that.
The only change i would make to this is make Lucy the Summoner (as she is a summoner in Fairy Tail) and make Jellal a Sorcerer.

LOL, Gray's not even in the fan-art, despite being Natsu's best friend/rival. He would be probably a Mercenary or Mage Fighter though.

Edit: I just noticed the random glasses-wearing Gajeel behind Wendy.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641

You got this! Just use Corrin and whatever character you want against Sonic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Corrin is actually my go-to character when I'm struggling against a Sonic.
S/he doesn't have a lot of great approach options, but she is pretty good at playing defensively, and her disjoints and paralyzer give her ways to keep Sonic's spins in check.

I'm usually not patient enough to play a defensive game the whole match, but against Sonic you kind of have to, and Corrin does really well at that.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Corrin is actually my go-to character when I'm struggling against a Sonic.
S/he doesn't have a lot of great approach options, but she is pretty good at playing defensively, and her disjoints and paralyzer give her ways to keep Sonic's spins in check.

I'm usually not patient enough to play a defensive game the whole match, but against Sonic you kind of have to, and Corrin does really well at that.
Yeah, it's just Sonic is so fast and if you miss a dragon lunge that's almost a guarenteed punish.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Yeah, it's just Sonic is so fast and if you miss a dragon lunge that's almost a guarenteed punish.
Except Dragon Lunge isn't remotely a defensive move; using it on Sonic in the neutral is probably the dumbest thing you could do in that matchup. Corrin has plenty of better tools to use against Sonic.

I'd say Sonic vs Corrin is one of Corrin's more solid MUs. It seems to me that Corrin is actually better at zoning with disjoints than Marth, which sucks for Marth because that's supposed to be his thing. :rotfl:

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Except Dragon Lunge isn't remotely a defensive move; using it on Sonic in the neutral is probably the dumbest thing you could do in that matchup. Corrin has plenty of better tools to use against Sonic.

I'd say Sonic vs Corrin is one of Corrin's more solid MUs. It seems to me that Corrin is actually better at zoning with disjoints than Marth, which sucks for Marth because that's supposed to be his thing. :rotfl:
I forget does side smash beat out spin dash?

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I forget does side smash beat out spin dash?
Definitely. It hits Sonic right out of Spin Dash. It's also really hard (pretty much impossible) to get Royzoned on this one; even if you don't trigger the attack in time, the Omega Yato will just stop him short, even out of Spin Dash or dash attack.

Homing Attack usually hits from above (by my experience), but it's very difficult to land without a setup anyway. Shouldn't be a problem in the neutral at all. You can see that sucker coming from a mile away. Blue Blur my ass.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, thanks to the modding community, this finally happened. What a time to be alive.

Seriously though, what is up with some of Fate's female armor design? There are so many "sexy" design choices for that are mostly just bizarre, and as always, it's usually female characters on the receiving end of it. I can tolerate fanservice, but some classes in Fates just step way out of line. I'm looking at you, cavalier classes.

But I'm not saying to make more male characters dress bizarrely like that. I'm saying to make female characters do it less. If it was just Camilla I'd be willing to let it slide, but Sophie? Nyx? Corrin? It doesn't seem in character for any of those three to dress the way they do. Though I guess Corrin's characterization is inconsistent and all over the place anyway...

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Female Cavalier class design is fanservice? Then again I don't have any female Cavaliers or Sophie so I wouldn't know.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Female Cavalier class design is fanservice? Then again I don't have any female Cavaliers or Sophie so I wouldn't know.
If you look behind them when they fight, it looks like they have a thong and it's the stupidest thing ever

Honestly, Sophie probably would've made the top 10 favs if it wasn't for that

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention this earlier, but English transcripts for all 8 tracks for the second Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright Drama CD have finally been uploaded! You can read each one here:

Birthright Drama CD 2: Takumi's Prequel - Decision Time Tale
Track 1: Premonition of Hope, Calm Before the Storm
Track 2: Unfulfilled Desire
Track 3: Insurmountable Distance, Close in Thought
Track 4: The Destined Time
Track 5: Roar
Track 6: Fighting for Relief
Track 7: A Troubled Heart
Track 8: The Decision

I personally liked the first CD more, but this one is still pretty good overall. The first track actually gives us some world building that was absent in the games, and the CDs also reveal another OP ability of the Fujin Yumi: it can fire a much more deadly arrow that triggers a large explosion, basically the equivalent to a grenade but in arrow-form.

And in case Tumblr doesn't work, there's always Serenes Forest

Now for my thoughts on the 8 tracks:

Track 1:

We got some fun Team Takumi dialogue going on. We see how Oboro is the voice of reason in the trio when she gives a brief lecture to Hinata regarding how one should speak formally. It seems like Takumi and Oboro are used to Hinata's casual talk to, as both laugh at the idea of Hinata talking formally.

Also, I like the world building going on. The games definitely could've benefitted from adding details like this. We learn that people in the castle have been suspicious lately, thinking Corrin's return has led to the increase of Faceless lately. And you can't blame them: Corrin was coming from the enemy nation after all. It seems like the purpose of the ceremony is to clear these doubts. Takumi comments, "That’s why we are doing this introduction. To present Corrin as a prince of Hoshido and a treasured member of the royal family. If everything goes as planned, they will have no choice but to accept him. And once they consider him one of us, their doubts should disappear quickly. That’s just the simple Hoshidan solidarity we are all familiar with."

Track 2:

We got a bit of some Takumi and Azura bickering going on, and it seems like this will play a part in Takumi's rudeness in Chapter 5, but it's through this track we learn another major reason for Takumi's behavior in that part of the game aside from his suspicions: Corrin refused to sit on the throne on Mikoto's suggestion. Judging by Takumi's behavior here, you can tell he was really banking on Corrin sitting on the throne, because that could've helped clarify some of his doubts about what is Corrin's deal.

Track 3:

This track gives us some explanation how Takumi showed up in Chapter 5. Turns out he was accompanying Corrin and Azura as they traveled through town thanks to Mikoto's request as well as returning the favor for her (Mikoto) doing what Takumi suggested.

Looks like Ryoma is the first and only one to notice something is very suspicious about Corrin's sword, the Ganglari. With the ominous sound it has just given off, Ryoma starts to become a little uneasy. He turns to Saizo, but Saizo doesn't have much to say since he didn't notice it. However, Saizo does leave this interesting comment: "Today is a very important day after all, it's not unusual for one's nerves to be slightly on edge." Indeed, times of festive celebration are a perfect opportunity for an enemy to attack unexpectedly.

We then have some dialogue of Takumi, Corrin, and Azura exploring through town. Some interesting comments here and there, mainly from Takumi regarding Nohrian food. We then get the infamous tantrum from the games shortly afterward. I also liked Takumi's closing line. It shows he does feel rather guilty about lashing out like that, and you can also tell how Corrin not sitting on the throne has ruined his plans.

Track 4:

More Corrin and Mikoto is always nice, especially right before the ceremony.

But then the hooded man appears. Turns out Takumi and Ryoma are the ones to initially notice him, but it's too late to stop him, and the main chaos ensues.

The highlight of this track has to be Mikoto's final thoughts right before her death:

"After only just meeting again.. it is to end here. However.. I am truly glad I was able to protect you to the end. Corrin… I don’t know which path you will choose from here on.. and I will no longer be able to protect you from making a choice. I am sorry. ..But I am certain.. that you know, will meet, and will gather… people who will support you along the way. That’s why I want you.. to live.. live.. happily.."

This quote captures Mikoto's love for Corrin really well. A caring mother would be fine with her child's decision regardless of which nation they side with, knowing her child would choose the route that makes him/her the happiest, and for a mother, what matters most is to make the child feel content with what they do.The quote also matches up to Yukimura's words to Corrin in Chapter 6 should the two fight and Corrin has decided to fight for Nohr: "If Lady Mikoto were here to see this, it would break her heart. Then again, she may just have smiled and said, 'It's his/her path to choose.'" That last part is noteworthy because it really shows how Yukimura knew Mikoto well.

Track 5:

Turns out the reason why Takumi wasn't present for the Chapter 5 battle was because he and his retainers were tasked to protect the rest of the city from the numbers of enemy forces. You can really see how Mikoto's death has left Takumi devastated based on his words to Ryoma.

I don't have much to say for the rest of the track other than it really amps up the Corrin x Azura to even more canon levels than it already was.

Track 6:

I'm guessing there's going to be a pattern where the 6th track of a CD is the best one, because this has to be my favorite of the 8 tracks from the second Birthright Drama CD, similar to how the 6th track of the first CD was my favorite. The action is pretty strong here, and in the midst of it, the dialogue is pretty good. Takumi has become really emotional over Mikoto's death, and you can tell by the fact he just stands there at first and then starts sobbing before he prepares his second attack.

I really liked a comment Hinata makes here: "It’s fine! After experiencing something like that, I wouldn’t expect anyone to be able to give it their all!" *Saizo tries to interrupt him* "Until Lord Takumi is able to fight again, we will do our best for him! There is no problem with that at all!" It's a great quote because Hinata brings up a good point regarding how emotions can affect people, and the second part of it describes what it means to be a retainer. Even Oboro thinks those are some great words because she says, "Huh... once in a while you actually do come up with something good to say. I couldn’t agree with you more!"

And man, you would've thought the Fujin Yumi would be even more powerful than it already was! Apparently, the wielder can fire an arrow in a way that it triggers a grenade-like effect. Fate/Grand Order crossover featuring Takumi as a servant with this Fujin Yumi arrow explosion as his super attack when?

Track 7:

Takumi has been so affected by Mikoto's death that he tries to fire an arrow at Dragon Corrin to bring him down. And you know what, I can't blame him. It's a very human reaction when events like this happen to you. We also learn how this action ultimately leads to Azura stepping in to sing to Corrin just like what happens in the game. Takumi leaves another good quote following all of this

"‘I’ll leave this country’. Hearing him say that brought me back to my senses a little. If Corrin where to leave now, we would never be able to come to an understanding. That thought, the only thing in my mind not dominated by my anger, made me hesitate. I admonished myself for still being concerned about something like that, while Yukimura came and held Corrin back. He said that it was not mother’s will for him to leave. That mother had predicted her own death. It was her unavoidable destiny, and in no way Corrin’s fault. Everything was King Garon’s.. no, an even more frightening demon’s work. That is what she had told Yukimura. And then…"

It seems like the thought of Corrin leaving Hoshido so suddenly was a bit of a wake-up for Takumi, because it's clear he still wanted to reach some kind of negotiation with Corrin. But the last part of the quote is interesting. We know Mikoto foresaw her own death, but what we didn't know is that there is was an evil force behind this that wasn't King Garon. Not gonna lie, but that makes a pretty good tie-in to Revelation.

When the Yato moved toward Corrin, Takumi even comments that it descended "as if to show mother's words to be the truth." Looks like Corrin obtaining the Yato like that was part of Mikoto's vision of the future. We also learn this action completely calmed Takumi down, basically because Takumi was watching this event like, "Wow, mother really did see into the future."

Track 8:

I enjoyed the first part of the track featuring the dialogues between Oboro & Hinata and Kaze & Saizo. Oboro does a great job reminding Hinata of a quote he made regarding how they should fight for Takumi when he is feeling down because he (Takumi) can't fight at his best due to his grief, but he (Takumi) will return to his calm self eventually. There's also a humous bit from Oboro when she tells Hinata, "Please write it down somewhere, so I don’t have to explain it again." I chuckled a bit reading that.:laugh:

Kaze and Saizo's dialogue was pretty good too, because it shows how much the two know and care for each other as brothers.

I didn't enjoy the second part of this track as much as the first one, but Takumi does leave some good points regarding what Corrin is about to deal with.

A great CD overall!

Additional thoughts:

Forgot to talk about this earlier when I posted the links to the tracks from the second Birthright Drama CD, but there's something else that Birthright Drama CDs help explain

When Oboro and Hinata first meet Corrin in Birthright Chapter 9, they act like they've already met him/her before.

The Birthright Drama CDs reveal how Hinata and Oboro already know Corrin by the time they first meet: because Takumi told them about him/her around the time Corrin first appeared in Hoshido.

It's also worth mentioning that Hinata also leaves this comment to Corrin before returning to battle: "It's big of you to put aside your differences and help us find Takumi. Especially after some of the things he's been saying..." Hinata doesn't seem to be aware of what Takumi told Corrin in track 8 of the 2nd CD right before the big decision, and it makes sense considering Hinata and Oboro were in a different spot during the battle when that happened.

For those that missed out on the first 8 tracks of the Birthright Drama CD, you can read them here.

Speaking of the 8 tracks from the first Birthright Drama CD, a Youtube user named Fudgenuggets980825 has started uploading the Birthright Drama CDs to Youtube. He currently has 6 of the 8 tracks of the first CD uploaded. For those that want to listen to them, I've enclosed them in the spoiler tag below. We finally have the chance hear the Japanese VAs speak those lines, and the uploader made the conversations feel more alive by using the Custom Conversations feature.

If you want to stay up to date regarding when the audios for the next batch of tracks of the Drama CDs will be released, Here's a link to that Youtuber's channel.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Well, thanks to the modding community, this finally happened. What a time to be alive.

Seriously though, what is up with some of Fate's female armor design? There are so many "sexy" design choices for that are mostly just bizarre, and as always, it's usually female characters on the receiving end of it. I can tolerate fanservice, but some classes in Fates just step way out of line. I'm looking at you, cavalier classes.

But I'm not saying to make more male characters dress bizarrely like that. I'm saying to make female characters do it less. If it was just Camilla I'd be willing to let it slide, but Sophie? Nyx? Corrin? It doesn't seem in character for any of those three to dress the way they do. Though I guess Corrin's characterization is inconsistent and all over the place anyway...

OK. I don't like the levels of Fanservice achieved in Fates, either. But...
Dat he-Corrin got leg!

The first track actually gives us some world building that was absent in the games, and the CDs also reveal another OP ability of the Fujin Yumi: it can fire a much more deadly arrow that triggers a large explosion, basically the equivalent to a grenade but in arrow-form.
I always just assumed the Fujin Yumi could do that already.

Have any other of Fujin Yumi's powers been elaborated upon? Whenever I try to envision how the Fujin Yumi's ability to negate terrain effects works, I always imagine the wind picking up to do something fancy; make trees clear a path, give Takumi a boost up a ledge, or just parting water like a Moses thingy. It would make sense to me, since the Fujin Yumi seems to be a wind-based weapon (at least aesthetically). What I'm really asking is whether or not that specifically has been confirmed. Maybe I just have a vivid imagination, or I need to stop assuming the first things that pop into my head are canon.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I mean, it could've been worse. Why was M!Corrin modded though?

Honestly, all the Fates fan-service is rather tame. I'm not saying it should be there but it's something we're going to have to put up with for a while. Fan-service levels in Japanese media culture are increasing. If Fates had released before 2012, with the same amount of popularity FE has now, there probably wouldn't be as much fan-service.

and the CDs also reveal another OP ability of the Fujin Yumi: it can fire a much more deadly arrow that triggers a large explosion, basically the equivalent to a grenade but in arrow-form.
Well then. Takumi OP, pls nerf. I wonder if the Rajinto has other abilities. I wonder if all the Legendary Weapons do.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I ain't gonna lie. That's like the worst thing I've ever seen from them.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I always just assumed the Fujin Yumi could do that already.

Have any other of Fujin Yumi's powers been elaborated upon? Whenever I try to envision how the Fujin Yumi's ability to negate terrain effects works, I always imagine the wind picking up to do something fancy; make trees clear a path, give Takumi a boost up a ledge, or just parting water like a Moses thingy. It would make sense to me, since the Fujin Yumi seems to be a wind-based weapon (at least aesthetically). What I'm really asking is whether or not that specifically has been confirmed. Maybe I just have a vivid imagination, or I need to stop assuming the first things that pop into my head are canon.
The only other Fujin Yumi power that was established prior to the Drama CDs is that its user needs a high level of concentration and will to call the bowstring. Losing even the slightest of focus will cause the bowstring to disappear. This is largely explained in Takumi's A support with Kiragi.

Other than that, it's never explained how exactly does the weapon negate terrain effects, though your explanation definitely sounds like a reasonable guess, especially when firing a powerful wind arrow to create some kind of path.

Well then. Takumi OP, pls nerf. I wonder if the Rajinto has other abilities. I wonder if all the Legendary Weapons do.
I can definitely see the Raijinto and the Brynhildr affecting large numbers of opponents. The Raijinto can generate electricity, and when Ryoma uses it from two tiles away, we see him utilizing the sword to zap the opponent from afar. There's also his cutscene in Conquest where he lights up all the torches in the main room by simply pulling out the Raijinto from its sheath, and it looked like the force of that sword is strong enough to do such things.

As for the Brynhildr, the tome can manipulate earth, gravity, and life. We know it manipulates life because it summons trees during battle. The earth & gravity part of it is revealed in Leo's cutscene, where he uses his tome to create a swirling vortex of rocks to surround him. That scene alone demonstrates how it could affect multiple foes at once.

Prior to the 2nd Drama CD, I always thought the Fujin Yumi and the Siegfried could only affect one foe at a time, though I guess I thought of that because both weapons have a pretty direct aim (the Siegfried can fire a dark beam if used from afar). With this recent news, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the Siegfried can fire a dark beam that leads to a giant explosion of darkness similar to what an arrow from the Fujin Yumi could potentially do. In Xander's cutscene, unsheathing the Siegfried caused the walls and ceiling to shake with waves of some kind of energy being released from the sword, so it's definitely a pretty powerful weapon.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean, it could've been worse. Why was M!Corrin modded though?
Uncensored female Corrin was one of the first, if not the first, Corrin mods posted to Gamebana. 'Cause some people are really into that I guess.
I'm pretty sure that this one was modded ironically.
Honestly, all the Fates fan-service is rather tame.
I'd probably agree with this if it weren't for female cavaliers.
Wearing a full suit of armor aside from their...naked butt? Even for anime fanservice standards, that's just really weird.
I ain't gonna lie. That's like the worst thing I've ever seen from them.
Oh don't worry, it gets worse. Far, far worse.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Wearing a full suit of armor aside from their...naked butt? Even for anime fanservice standards, that's just really weird
I mean, it's really just an armored one piece swimsuit when you think about it. But trust me, even the Cavalier outfits are tame compared to the other stuff Japan has done.

Oh my. But I've seen worse.
Screenshot_2016-11-06-22-30-14.png
Choo Choo! Bow down to your new overlord, Thomas the Dank Engine *oversaturated Thomas and Friends theme plays*

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean, it's really just an armored one piece swimsuit when you think about it. But trust me, even the Cavalier outfits are tame compared to the other stuff Japan has done.
To me, context is a huge part of it. Someone wearing a swimsuit to a beach isn't unreasonable fanservice, imo. A trained knight wearing an armored swimsuit into war, however, is just plain silly.
Don't force fanservice where it doesn't belong.
View attachment 120702Choo Choo! Bow down to your new overlord, Thomas the Dank Engine *oversaturated Thomas and Friends theme plays*
Fortunately, I know the perfect counterpick; Wuhu Island. That is the character, not the stage.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Erureido Erureido Just read up all those CD translations, and let me just say they were DAMN GOOD. I've always adored Takumi. And honestly, reading a canon retelling of even a small portion of the events of Fates told primarily through Takumi's point of view is like everything I've ever wanted has just been handed to me. It didn't take me more than an hour to read all of them, but it was one hell of a ride. I now have a much deeper appreciation for Takumi, his relationships with all the characters, and the story as a whole.

Thanks for putting those up. Never would've gotten any of that if you hadn't. :grin:

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
To me, context is a huge part of it. Someone wearing a swimsuit to a beach isn't unreasonable fanservice, imo. A trained knight wearing an armored swimsuit into war, however, is just plain silly.
Don't force fanservice where it doesn't belong.
Yeah, i can understand. I don't want fan-service forced in there either, i'm just saying it could've been worse.

Fortunately, I know the perfect counterpick; Wuhu Island. That is the character, not the stage.
You win.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Choo Choo! Bow down to your new overlord, Thomas the Dank Engine *oversaturated Thomas and Friends theme plays*

No.
I will show you the absolute worst mod I have ever seen. It's not even that funny... it's just bad.

Grandpa Lou Pickles over Charizard

Astellius

Smash Ace
Yeah, the randomly exposed behinds for female cavaliers is weird. But let's just take a moment to remember that the mid-90's FE anime also had butt shots. For reference:

zJBkSK.gif
Here we have good ol' Gaggles making a five point butt shot. Good job Gaggles!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Cute Pokemon fan-art a friend posted in our Discord (I took the screenshot a while ago, as you can see by the time)
Screenshot_2016-11-07-09-02-51[1].png

"Fighting Team Skull by moonlight"
"Winning battles by daylight"
Can't ever run from a Trainer fight"
"She's is the one named Sailor Brionne"
Now, in some Fire Emblem news, the 9th wave of the FE Cipher cards have been officially confirmed. Nothing shown yet (the 7th wave hasn't even released yet) but it is confirmed that the 9th wave of cards will feature characters from Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi, a manga which is a great retelling of Binding Blade. Speaking of which, you should go give it a read. You can find the downloads if you search on SerenesForest. Oh, and wave 8 of the Cipher cards will feature the 2nd Generation of characters from Genealogy of the Holy War.

The 9th wave will also feature two other titles besides Hasha no Tsurugi. Hoping one of them is Gaiden.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
It is confirmed that the 9th wave of cards will feature characters from Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi, a manga which is a great retelling of Binding Blade.
Really looking forward to seeing all that artwork. Binding Blade is one of my favorite titles in the series. While I haven't played it myself, I've watched about a million LP's of it. I know most people have mixed opinions on it (specifically on Roy), but it's story has always felt so legit and fleshed out (even with the fan translations).

Building off of that topic, have you read the manga? I don't usually read manga unless it's based on something I like tremendously; I do love Binding Blade a lot, but I still haven't bothered with the manga. Would you strongly recommend it?

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Wasn't the cavalier thing something along the lines of why Camilla has exposed thighs as well? Something about mounted soldiers not wearing armor there in real life? Never bothered to delve deeper into that, but was something I saw in discussion.

Not that it makes any more sense to not at least wear pants, but then again, in ancient times a lot of warriors went sans clothing as well.

(I'm fully aware the end motivation was fanservice, though.)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Building off of that topic, have you read the manga? I don't usually read manga unless it's based on something I like tremendously; I do love Binding Blade a lot, but I still haven't bothered with the manga. Would you strongly recommend it?
I have. The way Hasha no Tsurugi retells Binding Blade is great. While the game had Roy as the main protagonist, the manga adds three more main protagonists: Al, Gant, and Tiana. Those three have weapons named after them in the game, Al's Blade, Gant's Lance, Tiana's Staff (though the game came out first so i suppose the characters are named after the weapons). And besides them, we also get new characters, both protagonists and antagonists. Definitely give it a read. Hasha no Tsurgui is my favorite Fire Emblem manga and my third favorite manga overall (even though i don't read a lot of manga). And it would be a dream come true if Hasha no Tsurugi got adapted into an anime.

I know most people have mixed opinions on it (specifically on Roy)
Yeah, i never really understood some of the hate on Roy. The only complaint i find legitimate is that he promotes really late but that can be fixed with a Boots so he doesn't fall behind. Some people also say he's got a bland personality but after reading Hasha no Tsurugi, i can say, he doesn't (he didn't have a bland personality to begin with but Hasha no Tsurugi definitely improved him).

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Yeah, i never really understood some of the hate on Roy. The only complaint i find legitimate is that he promotes really late but that can be fixed with a Boots so he doesn't fall behind. Some people also say he's got a bland personality but after reading Hasha no Tsurugi, i can say, he doesn't (he didn't have a bland personality to begin with but Hasha no Tsurugi definitely improved him).
I always found Roy to be one of the better Lords in the series. The fact that he never really faces a hard decision and never seemed to react to anything (for the most part) never made him seem inhuman for me as it did for some; it made me see him as a strong and determined character.

I think people may have failed to appreciate the concept behind Roy. The idea of a fifteen year old boy having to shoulder the responsibilities of defending his country due to his father's illness and persevering through those responsibilities creates an environment for a very enticing story. It could almost be described as poetic. Roy's character is based around a common yet tragic occurrence during war; children having to take up arms. While this doesn't occur as often anymore, one can still try to relate to the issue and attempt to understand that what Roy is going through probably weighs very heavily on him. And yet, he still chooses duty over emotion, doing what he has to despite himself. And if I recall correctly, Roy does detest conflict. This is shown by how he always tries to sympathize with his enemies and convince them that they don't have to fight. Even still, he does what he has to, never faltering and staying strong.

Even if Roy's character doesn't really develop much (like I said, I haven't read the manga), he still makes for a very inspiring, admirable, and well contrived character. He's easily one of my favorite characters in the entire series.

What do people here think of the Mr. Krabs mod?
LOBSTER LORD IN SMASH?! (lol jk)

It looks decent enough for a mod. Gotta say, those are some well-chosen voice clips, which is definitely important. Those lines are unforgettable. :joyful:

(Also, Mr Krabs lives in Bikini Bottom. Heheh.)

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i'm sure some of you have heard but some people got Sun&Moon early (not counting review copies) and are streaming it and stuff. Well, the game comes out next week and i haven't seen any big story spoilers yet so hopefully it can stay that way until i get the game next week.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wasn't the cavalier thing something along the lines of why Camilla has exposed thighs as well? Something about mounted soldiers not wearing armor there in real life? Never bothered to delve deeper into that, but was something I saw in discussion.
I don't believe they wore armor, but they still wore pants. I've heard from a number of different places that pants are absolutely necessary for horseback riding, since even with a saddle, it's not exactly a smooth ride. Riding a dragon has got to be even worse.

So "practicality" still isn't an excuse. Besides, running around with your butt exposed is also just really indecent. You don't see Xander, Leo or Silas dressing like that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh! A Fire Emblem fanservice talk?

Perfect! I have already finished this little opinion article today :D

Opinions. Let's talk about Wada Arco's Micaiah DLC Art.
Fun fact: I didn't even realize that Micaiah art was drawn by Fate/Extra's Wado Arco until you pointed out, and now I can perfectly see it, especially with the eyes.

That aside, great article! I really liked all of the comparisons you were making.

------

CoroCoro scans have been leaked, revealing some more Sun/Moon information. These details were previously revealed via the leaks from a few days ago, but now they are officially revealed.

Here's scan 1:

This is a new Psychic-type Legendary Pokemon named Necrozma, and it is said to be connected with Solgaleo and Lunala. Yep, sounds like this is going to be the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde of this generation. Makes me curious to see what its true form will look like (assuming if it gets one, or it will get one but it won't be obtainable until the following generation similar to Zygarde's situation). Could its true form be the scorpion many have been speculating about, or is it something else?

We then have the reveal of two more Ultra Beasts. Both of their names were not revealed yet.

The one on the left is exclusive to Sun, while the the one on the right is exclusive to Moon.

Both look pretty odd. I guess I'm leaning more towards the one on the left because I'm digging that origami design.

The last scan revealed that each of the final evolutions of the starters have their own Z-move.

Decidueye's exclusive Z-move is named Sinister Arrow Raid, Incineorar's is named Malicious Moonsault, and Primarina's is Oceanic Operatta. Primarina's is cut off in this picture, but what it does is that it sings that creates a large bubble, moves toward the foe, then sings another song to lower the bubble, and once it makes contact with the foe, it explodes. There is video footage of the Z-moves for each of the starters on Youtube if you're interested in seeing them in action (thanks to the leaks).

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Discord has been keeping up with the leaks pretty frequently. Apparently pokemon can use Z-moves as long as they have a normal move of that same type. They also got stats on some of the Ultra Beasts, and they are ridiculous.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
CoroCoro scans have been leaked, revealing some more Sun/Moon information. These details were previously revealed via the leaks from a few days ago, but now they are officially revealed.

Here's scan 1:

This is a new Psychic-type Legendary Pokemon named Necrozma, and it is said to be connected with Solgaleo and Lunala. Yep, sounds like this is going to be the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde of this generation. Makes me curious to see what its true form will look like (assuming if it gets one, or it will get one but it won't be obtainable until the following generation similar to Zygarde's situation). Could its true form be the scorpion many have been speculating about, or is it something else?
Oh THAT'S a Pokemon? When it was leaked, we thought it was an Ultra Beast. But it's a Pokemon. But if Necrozma is the third main Legendary, then what is Marshadow then? Is Marshadow a Mythical then? Anyway, with a name like Necrozma, it's sure dealing with resurrection and i don't mean how Xerneas handles it. I don't see it becoming a scorpion though (then again, Zygarde goes from being a dog to being Optimus Prime).

Decidueye's exclusive Z-move is named Sinister Arrow Raid, Incineorar's is named Malicious Moonsault, and Primarina's is Oceanic Operatta. Primarina's is cut off in this picture, but what it does is that it sings that creates a large bubble, moves toward the foe, then sings another song to lower the bubble, and once it makes contact with the foe, it explodes. There is video footage of the Z-moves for each of the starters on Youtube if you're interested in seeing them in action (thanks to the leaks).
I've seen them in action. Decidueye's is pretty lame actually. The multiple arrows are cool but all they do in the end is just land arrow the target and explode. It lacks oomph.
Incineroar's is pretty cool, although I swear Incineroar was going to be Fighting at some point.
Primarina's is amazing. It's literally a water Spirit Bomb.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh THAT'S a Pokemon? When it was leaked, we thought it was an Ultra Beast. But it's a Pokemon. But if Necrozma is the third main Legendary, then what is Marshadow then? Is Marshadow a Mythical then? Anyway, with a name like Necrozma, it's sure dealing with resurrection and i don't mean how Xerneas handles it. I don't see it becoming a scorpion though (then again, Zygarde goes from being a dog to being Optimus Prime).
I too was pretty surprised it wasn't an Ultra Beast considering how "out of this world" it looks similar to the other UBs.

I think Marshadow is a mythical Pokemon at this point. Last time I checked, the leaks confirmed it appears after Magearna in the Pokedex, so that could be one indicator.

There is one way Necrozma could take on a more scorpion-like appearance: instead of having it stand upright like the form we currently know, have it lay horizontally while extending the body a bit and raise the head up. Its arms already look pretty fitting for potential claws. Now it just needs to grow some kind of tail and a couple of legs and it's all set.

Then again, it also depends on the mythology Necrozma comes from. Scorpion usually is the go-to guess because of the potential manticore origin (lion, bat, and scorpion), but it's possible there was a different mythology that was used as the inspiration for Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma, and perhaps that mythology might provide a different take on a potential true form for Necrozma.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Fun fact: I didn't even realize that Micaiah art was drawn by Fate/Extra's Wado Arco until you pointed out, and now I can perfectly see it, especially with the eyes.

That aside, great article! I really liked all of the comparisons you were making.
One time you see that Saber artwork you can't unsee the resembleance xD

Thanks Erureido :D

Top Bottom