• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Troykv

Smash Master
Does anyone know where i can read the Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War manga (specifically the Osawa Mitsuki version)? SerenesForest has the download links but they're all in RAR format and i can't open them.
You will need a Winrar to open it, O don't this is hard to find it.

Controversial Thread: Thracia 776

For every fan from the classic Fire Emblem... I invite you to see this video by Xator Nova talking about Thracia 776 compared with the rest of the series, I hope this makes you interesested in try it.

Note: Its a spanish video, but it has notes with english subtitules.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
So I finally got around to finishing Revelations, so I have now completed Fire Emblem Fates. God this whole you have to do Chapter 27 and Endgame back to back **** always makes me so nervous. Unfortunately Soleil got killed the very last turn because I didn't realize the boss got a range increase but I was like **** it I'm not slogging through all this **** again, boss is dying now.

Now onto Hidden Truths....

also the Omega Yato is so sexy to hit **** with

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i've started reading the Geneaolgy of the Holy War manga (the Osawa Mitsuki version specificlly), and its great so far. Sigurd is actually likable. He's got a personality, he has flaws. He's not a blank piece of wood like he is in the game. The same is true for a lot of the characters in the manga.

Oh and the manga is dark, which is expected from FE4, but the manga shows just how dark FE4 is. Of course, there is comedy to balance it. You should give it a read. You can download it here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15026
They're in RAR format so you'll have to use Winrar to unpack it first. The ZIP files don't work.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ever wondered how Garon looked like when he was younger? Your questions will be answered in the upcoming Fire Emblem Cipher set, because one of the cards revealed during the latest Cipher stream gave us our first true glimpse of Young Garon.

Young Garon looks cool. I can definitely see why he was such a ladies man back then.

The same stream also revealed another card in the upcoming set that will feature another younger version for a certain character, but this character is a Revelation spoiler.

Want to know how Arete looked like when she was younger? Here you go!

It seems like this picture of Arete was from the time she lived in Valla, because she's wearing clothes similar to Azura's.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Just been thinking how many people are a fan of the oifey/Jagen. Or would people prefer to not have one? Personally i like them because slogging through the first half of a fire emblem game extremely slowly training up weak units would be boring. Case in point lyn mode.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just been thinking how many people are a fan of the oifey/Jagen. Or would people prefer to not have one? Personally i like them because slogging through the first half of a fire emblem game extremely slowly training up weak units would be boring. Case in point lyn mode.
I like Jagen units for similar reasons. It's nice to have an overpowered unit at the start of the game that can help weaken enemies so that your others units can finish them off and gain some nice EXP, not to mention they can be pretty reliable as a fall back option should the going get tough for some reason in the early game.

If they have a good character to them, I might even try to use the a bit further into the game than normal. At least, that was my case for Frederick, where I managed to use him until the mid-late game in my first playthrough and even found a way to use him until the very end of the game in my second playthrough of Awakening, all because he left a great impression on me as a character and I felt excited in using him in all of my battles.

As for Gunter? He didn't leave a good impression on me as a character (not to mention I thought his stats and growths were far worse than Frederick's), so I felt no motivation in making further use of him post Conquest Chapter 15 and post Revelation Chapter 9.

I am yet to experience Jagens in older Fire Emblem titles, but I'm hoping some will leave a good impression similar to what Frederick did for me.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I like them for their versatility. After you learn not to fall for their XP-sponging wiles, they make great walls or bait to help train up your weaker units, which fits the type of character they tend to be perfectly, while also being there to bust you out of a bad situation if you need them. Does Gunter even count as a Jagen, though? His stats are bloody flippin' awful to start and when you get him back his stats are still bad and he's changed into a unit like Jakob and Felicia, a pre-promote with the internal level of a base class.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I like them for their versatility. After you learn not to fall for their XP-sponging wiles, they make great walls or bait to help train up your weaker units, which fits the type of character they tend to be perfectly, while also being there to bust you out of a bad situation if you need them. Does Gunter even count as a Jagen, though? His stats are bloody flippin' awful to start and when you get him back his stats are still bad and he's changed into a unit like Jakob and Felicia, a pre-promote with the internal level of a base class.
I'm fine with Jagen units. I'm not necessarily a fan of them, but I'm certainly not against them. Generally, when I play, I have them take off all their weapons and clothes, and just send them into battle naked. They serve as very nice lures for the enemy early on, but I generally opt to use them as little as possible for any other purpose than luring, utility, or being a meat shield.

That said, I don't consider Gunter a Jagen; instead, Gunter is just a joke. Sure, he comes promoted, but he's super weak. He only has Jagen qualities for the first few chapters, before you choose a side. The first thing he did for me when I got him back in Revelations was die, just was ORKO'd. He was just that useless and weak. Moreover, Gunter has truly terrible growths--there's just no point in using him at all beyond the starting chapters.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gunter is could be considered a Jagen in Birthright/Conquest, since he's really good early game(one-shotting all the Samurai in Chapter 2 Lunatic even), and when he rejoins with mediocre stats in Conquest it's already around the time a Jagen would stop being useful anyway. He just fails at being a Jagen so badly in Revelations because Revelations character balance is absolute garbage.

That said, I'm not a big fan of Jagens. I like it when everyone is potentially viable lategame, which is why I'm more of a fan of Ofieys.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just want to point out that Seliph and Roy are the only Lords to have a harem (yes, Corrin has a harem but that doesn't count)
761.jpg

(From left to right) Fee, Larcei, Julia, Patty, Nanna, and Lana.
Just wanna point out that Teeny is part of Seliph's harem but she's not there. RIP. Also, Julia is there because its referencing the exploitable glitch that can cause Seliph to marry Julia, despite being half-sibilings.
iXhsivF.jpg

(From left to right top row) Sue, Cecilia
(Left to right, center row) Sophia, Lilina, Lalum, Shanna.
What's funny is that both Lords do have a canon pairing: Seliph x Lana and Roy x Lilina.

I am yet to experience Jagens in older Fire Emblem titles, but I'm hoping some will leave a good impression similar to what Frederick did for me
You won't really find any Jagens like Frederick as Frederick is more of an Ofiey. Jagens are early pre-promotes that start off good but fall behind as you progress through the game. Ofieys are early pre-promotes that remain good throughout the entire game. I'd say Frederick is similar to FE7 Marcus. The best Ofiey though, is Seth in Sacred Stones. There's a reason why FE8 is sometimes called "Seth Emblem".

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just wanna point out that Teeny is part of Seliph's harem but she's not there. RIP. Also, Julia is there because its referencing the exploitable glitch that can cause Seliph to marry Julia, despite being half-sibilings.
Not because it's Geneology of the Holy War?

...I'm joking, but seriously, that's an ironic glitch if I've ever heard of one.

Edit:
I just found out that Genarog is the name used by some Lucas player in Italy!

I thought I was the only one who cared enough about some random FE wyvern's name to use it as my tag. Now I'm going to have to figure out a new one, preferably with some sort of dragon theme.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Let's bring this thread back to life!

Topic of the day: What are your favorite support conversations in Fire Emblem Fates?

I'll list mine:

Hinata and Hinoka - One of Hinata and Hinoka's best support conversations respectively. I think this conversation was fantastic because we learn that Hinoka often trains too hard to the point of exhaustion, and Hinata teaches her to learn to rely on others rather than just herself, and the result is some amazing character development on Hinoka's part.

Takumi and Hinoka - Many fans don't like this support because of how the two bicker at each other, but to me, I think this was a fantastic support conversation. We really see how Takumi's inferiority complex affects him, and Hinoka has a great big sister moment in the A support. The other reason why I like this support so much is because of how relatable it is. I had moments in my life where I got loud and expressive like Takumi does here, and then friends and acquaintances had to give me the smackdown similar to what Hinoka does here.

Takumi and Sakura - I thought it was pretty funny how the two were scheming a way to get out of a royal banquet.

Takumi and Oboro - You can really see the amazing chemistry the two have here, and the S-Support will make you go "Awwwww!"

Hinata and Oboro - Yet again, you notice how the two share great chemistry together. I thought it was pretty funny how they idolize Takumi and jokingly argue with each other who is the best retainer to him. I think the S-Support was also handled pretty well. Oboro actually loves Hinata at that point and admits that her crush on Takumi is more like a cute thin than an obsession.

Takumi and Hinata - This support shows how much Hinata cares for Takumi. He creates a fighting competition of his own and wins his way up in order to impress his master and make him happy. It becomes clear that his dynamic to Takumi is something like that to a best friend: someone who cares about making people happy.

Azama and Felicia - One of the few support conversations where Azama isn't jerk from beginning to end. Azama wants to learn about how is it like for a maid to serve others, and he certainly learns a lot from Felcia. He also gives an honest critique on Felicia's performance as a maid, not in a sarcastic way he usually does. When I look back at this support, I can't help but think his interactions with Felicia taught him how he should really be serving Hinoka. I like this support conversation so much that I wouldn't mind pairing the two together again for a future Birthright playthrough, not to mention they make a decent Mitama

Saizo and Kaze - Gives some great backstory on Saizo's part, not to mention we see how much the two care for each other as brothers.

Saizo and Sakura - An adorable support that shows Saizo's softer and dorky side.

Saizo and Kagero - Not only do we see how dedicated they are to their job, but we learn that the two used to date each other and broke up in order to focus on their duties. I like how they realize the two were meant to be together by the end of it.

Saizo and Mozu - Another support that shows Saizo's kinder side in a really great way.

Kagero and Orochi - BFFs for life is what this support can be best summed up as. It does a great job explaining how the two became close friends since childhood.

Subaki and Hinoka - Gives some great backstory for both characters, and they mesh together pretty well.

Subaki and Sakura - We see how Subaki can be quite the drama king when he makes mistakes, but we also gain backstory regarding why he's such a perfectionist. I also like how Sakura teaches him to accept that he can't always be perfect in everything he does.

Kaden and Hinata - Hinata once again shows how great of a friend he can be helping Kaden overcome his homesickness.

Kaden and Rinkah - Kaden does his best to teach Rinkah that having friends is a good thing, and there are some memorable lines throughout.

Kaden and Setsuna - Because Kaden does his best in preventing Setsuna from falling into traps, and he even teaches her how to avoid them. It perfectly culminates with the two becoming hunting buddies.

Silas and Oboro - I love how Oboro learns to open up to Nohr thanks to Silas. The C Support also shows that she's not as racist as one may eventually think, as she warns Silas that training together might not be a good idea. I also like how Silas cares for Oboro here.

Xander and Elise - Xander becomes furious at Elise's act of healing pirates at a town at first, but then he actually learns something about peace from her because her actions force the bandits to stop raiding the town from then on.

Xander and Charlotte - I like how Xander calls out on Charlotte's act in the C and B level. The A support is where things pick up as we see Charlotte protecting Xander from a horde of Faceless, and then we finally learn why Charlotte does that act of hers, and it's pretty touching. The resulting S Support was hilarious.

Xander and Laslow - We see how much Laslow looks up to Xander in a pretty admirable way and a father-son dynamic going on where Xander is a father figure and Laslow is the "son."

Xander and Peri - Again, we see the a parent-child dynamic going on where Xander acts like a good father figure while Peri is the "daughter," and the result is pretty enjoyable.

Leo and Elise - Because we learn that Garon wasn't always the evil person that he was, and we learn about the mistress battles that were going on in the castle.

Leo and Nyx - Pretty well-written, as Leo teaches Nyx to not be ashamed with her appearance.

Leo and Niles - This one explains why Niles is so dedicated to his master, and it is pretty touching.

Laslow and Peri - While most of us here hate Peri, I think one thing we can agree upon is that this is one of the best support conversations in the entire game. It provides backstory regarding why Peri is a homicidal lover, and Laslow demonstrates what a nice guy he is by reaching out to her as a friend and a counselor. I'm no longer a fan of Peri once I read more of her supports (she's more like a character I dislike now rather than someone I hate), but back when I first played Conquest, this was the only support conversation I saw from Peri, so you can imagine why I liked the character at first.

Niles and Mozu - His rude to Mozu at the B-support, but it's done to teach her a good lesson of letting go of the past. It was also nice to see how his ties with certain thieves allowed him to return the treasure Mozu was looking for.

Arthur and Azura - Amazing backstory between the two characters. I thought it was pretty sweet how he stood up for her when they were children

Arthur and Beruka - Not only does Beruka learn what justice means, but this is the one time we see her laugh out of joy.

Charlotte and Nyx - Does a great job showing Charlotte's sweeter side

Xander and Hinoka - They both mesh together pretty well. I like how Xander gives her advice in this one, and the things he does for her are pretty endearing too.

Xander and Sakura - The shy little girl does her best to overcome her timidness and interact with the future king of Nohr, and the result is pretty endearing. We learn that Xander used to be as timid as Sakura was when he was child, and I like how he brings that up in order to help Sakura out

Leo and Takumi - Great development between the two. They start out as bitter enemies, then they realize the two have a lot in common, and by the end, they become BFFs.

Laslow and Orochi - It was a really nice support where the two work together to create an impressive fireworks show in order to give a happy memory to the army.

Saizo and Charlotte - Saizo acts like his usual self here, but he does so in order to teach Charlotte to be honest with herself, and the result is pretty memorable.

Kaden and Charlotte - Another support that shows Charlotte's sweeter side. She worries for Kaden when she learns that he has been cutting parts of his fur in order to receive lots of gold to give to her. Meanwhile, Kaden has been doing that because he's just being his kind self that he usually is, knowing why she needs the money.

Subaki and Selena - The two perfection-striving people interact for a memorable support. Subaki understands the reasons as to why Selena wants to be better than everyone else, and I like how Selena is reminded of her mother when she interacts with him.

Silas and Mozu - I like how Silas trains Mozu into becoming a good soldier, not to mention he gives her great advice, especially the one where she learns to let go of that defeatist attitude of hers.

Hinata and Odin - A hilarious and great support where Odin teaches Hinata how to use dark magic, not to mention we also see how Odin cares for Hinata by purposefully skipping a few steps in teaching him about using spells so that Hinata won't give him the sword because Odin knows Samurai live and die by the sword.. I think this support also demonstrates how the Revelation A+ supports come into play: Hinata can become a Dark Mage by the end of it.

Oboro and Beruka - Oboro gains proper closure regarding her parents' death, not to mention this is another support where we see that Oboro isn't as super racist as she seems. In fact, she chooses not to kill Beruka despite the latter offering herself up to it because killing her would only lead to more hate, so Oboro decides to break the cycle of hate.

That's all I can think of for now. I think I'll post some more later on when I remember them.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Relevant post incoming:
"i think someone from fates is working on sun and moon"

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Selkie will make any support look adorable and no one will tell me otherwise

I mean, look at this girl
upload_2016-10-1_14-58-28.png

Relevant post incoming:
"i think someone from fates is working on sun and moon"
Time for me to finally say something about this

It does seem like a bit of a stretch to say that Kaden and the midday form look identical, besides the fact that they both look like foxes tbh

But Keaton and the midnight form of Lycanroc is something I can't unsee. Honestly, it's almost seems intentional that they made the arms and the back arch like that. And the colours and the glowing eyes

So I guess everyone thinks:
Keaton = Midnight form then Kaden = Midday form

I love both forms though. But Im gonna get Moon so Midnight for me <3
I know I'm super late on this sorrysorry

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I definitely find the strongest parts of resemblance between Keaton's Beastkin form and Lycanroc's Midnight form is the color, the length of the arms, glowing red eyes, and the arching back, but if there's one thing that Keaton and Lycanroc don't share a strong similarity, it's the head. I mean, the Wolfskin head looks nothing like a wolf's head, and it makes it look more like a bigfoot-like creature than a werwolf.

When comparing Kaden to the Midday Form, the color scheme definitely doesn't match up aside from the white coloring; yet, I can see resemblances between the two not only in the fox-like looks, but also the stances they take, both having manes around their necks, and the fact both have bushier tails compared to their counterparts (the Wolfskin in Kaden's case and the Midnight form in Lycanroc's case).

Nah

Smash Champion
I mean, they could be slipping subtle FE references into Sun/Moon for all we know

have you seen Gladion and his hand lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean, the arching back is a common trope for werewolfs, isn't it? Wolfskins are always waaaaaaaay bulkier than Lycanrock's midnight form. And of course midday Lycanrock looks like a fox. Foxes and wolves are cousins on the evolutionary tree.

I think it's a coincidence. They're way more common then most people would like to think, and we humans especially have a knack for spotting them. They just happen to fall under a lot of the same tropes.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the topic of favorite supports in Fates, mines is basically all of Setsuna's supports that involves her falling into traps and just being stupid. lol
Although if I have to pick one, I would go with:
Her supports with Saizo, in which he tries so hard to teach her how to be a proper retainer only to get irritated after learning how lazy she is. Either she was still distracted by that injured bird she saw or...she was just being honest.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I mean, they could be slipping subtle FE references into Sun/Moon for all we know

have you seen Gladion and his hand lol
But doesn't Zelda do almost the same thing with her phantom move

And if we're getting weeb here, what about Luka

But they don't have that hand so who knows

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
User was warned for this post
Which reminds me of some Miiverse fanart I once came across.

Artist is this guy, btw.
Ahhhhh that person's art is so good~

And once again, I get reminded by this
<content redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
On the topic of favorite supports in Fates, mines is basically all of Setsuna's supports that involves her falling into traps and just being stupid. lol
Although if I have to pick one, I would go with:
Her supports with Saizo, in which he tries so hard to teach her how to be a proper retainer only to get irritated after learning how lazy she is. Either she was still distracted by that injured bird she saw or...she was just being honest.
I paired Saizo and Setsuna together in my Birthright playthrough, and I enjoyed seeing the two together. I remember getting a good laugh at the B Support when Saizo got mad hearing that Hinoka wakes her up instead of the other way around.

Some more supports that I particularly liked:

Ryoma and Shiro: It gives some context as to why Shiro is a Spear Fighter rather than a Samurai, and I just like how the two interact overall.

Takumi and Kiragi: Another excellent support for Takumi, as he see how honest he is about his flaws while Kiragi does his best to improve his dad's behavior.

Forrest and Nina: They mesh together pretty well, and we learn that Nina has a hard time talking with guys, hence why she likes talking to Forrest because he looks like a girl.

Shigure and Sophie: Gives some great backstory as to why Shigure has his current hairstyle, and it's pretty tragic.

Shigure and Mitama: A nice support where the two characters enjoy some scenic nature while discussing elements of Japanese (or in the game's case, Hoshidan) culture.

Corrin and Kagero: It has a pretty funny ending for the C and B levels, while the A support gives some interesting yet sorrowful backstory for Kagero.

That's about it for what I had in mind at the moment.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i'm back. Sorry i haven't posted in a few days. I've been too busy reading the Genealogy of the Holy War manga and playing Azure Striker Gunvolt 2. Great game BTW. If you haven't played the first one, i suggest getting the Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack that comes out on the 4th, as it contains both Gunvolt 1 and 2. Gunvolt is a true spiritual successor to Mega Man (specificlly Mega Man Zero), unlike Mighty No.9. As for the FE4 manga, i'm actually enjoying it more than the actual game. Sigurd actually has a character and isn't just a broken piece of wood like he is in the game. Also, the manga is dark and also contains a....let's say, a mature scene, which is strange for a Nintendo story.

Not because it's Geneology of the Holy War?

...I'm joking, but seriously, that's an ironic glitch if I've ever heard of one.
The way it works is that it uses the Jealousy System. It's complicated to explain what that is so you can read about it here: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Jealousy_System
The reason it happens is because there's a chance for Julia to start off with 490 Love Points with Seliph (referencing the fact that she does have feelings for him prior to learning that she is his half-sister). She's unique in the sense that she has a negative love growth with Seliph; her Love Points with him decrease by 5 each turn. However, by exploiting the glitch in the Jealousy System, its possible to get them to marry.

Topic of the day: What are your favorite support conversations in Fire Emblem Fates?
Hmm. Its been a while since i've played Fates. There are some Supports that i won't explain why i like them, mainly because i haven't played the game in a while but i'll still put them down.

• Corrin and Azura (Nohr): This Support was really interesting because we see how Corrin is dealing with fighting Hoshido.
  • Laslow and Mozu: Honestly, this is one of Laslow and Mozu's best Supports. We see how much Laslow has matured since Awakening and we see him trying to help Mozu overcome the death of her mother, something that Laslow has experienced.
  • Leo and Takumi: Just goes to show how much these two brothers have in common
  • Ryoma and Camilla: It was funny seeing them trying to prove they knew more about Corrin but just couldn't get the upper hand.
  • Corrin and Soleil: Mainly because it was handled much better than the Japanese version did.
  • Seigbert and Soleil
  • Selena and Caeldori
  • Niles and Camilla: The reason i stopped hating Niles, because admittedly, i didn't like Niles for a while. I thought he was just sadistic for the sake of being sadistic. This Support proved me wrong.
  • Elise and Sakura
Silas and Mozu - I like how Silas trains Mozu into becoming a good soldier, not to mention he gives her great advice, especially the one where she
Where she what? You kinda stopped there.

I mean, the arching back is a common trope for werewolfs, isn't it? Wolfskins are always waaaaaaaay bulkier than Lycanrock's midnight form. And of course midday Lycanrock looks like a fox. Foxes and wolves are cousins on the evolutionary tree.

I think it's a coincidence. They're way more common then most people would like to think, and we humans especially have a knack for spotting them. They just happen to fall under a lot of the same tropes.
99% sure its a coincidence. But if we look at it as just a coincidence, it wouldn't be as fun, don't you agree?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Where she what? You kinda stopped there.
Yeah, that was a typo.

I was trying to say "especially the one where she learns to let go of that defeatist attitude of hers," but it looks like I lost my train of thought and forget to go back to it when I was typing the others. I'll fix that error right away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

It's been a while since there's been a birthday day post... but today, we have a birthday for not one character, but TWO characters.

Happy Birthday to our favorite ninja brothers, Kaze and Saizo!

Artist: Chibi-Pit

------

I've also been searching wide and low on the Internet for the promised new official arts following the Drama CDs release, and I finally found them on Tumblr. We finally have a full glimpse at Hinata, Niles, and Odin's official arts!

tumblr_inline_oedyo5frbi1r2873b_500.png tumblr_oedycttJnQ1r5aol3o1_500.jpg

All three of them look great!

Here's where I found them:
Doesn't look like there were more official arts from the book this was from, nor do we even know what the book is. Something tells it could be that art book that came with the Drama CDs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Sun and Moon trailer has just been released!

That's right folks, the starter evolutions have finally been revealed. Two new features have also been revealed: Festival Plaza and Isle Aphun. Festival Plaza is a new fun way to interact with other players, while Isle Aphun allows the Pokemon in your PCs to find items and even train.

Mega Evolutions are now confirmed to come back, and there will be a demo for the games coming out on October 18. In it, you will use a Greninja, and want to know the best part about it? This Greninja has the Battle Bond ability, allowing it to transform into Ash Greninja. Yes, Ash Greninja is now canon in the games! You can transfer this Greninja to your copy of the Sun and Moon games when they come out.

I will post my thoughts later once I'm finished with classes

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Copy/Pasting my thoughts.

I swear they only added Ash-Greninja because so many people wanted it. I still find it freaky and weird, but I can just ignore it or something I guess. I always thought the anime took place in a separate world from the video games and that Ash didn't exist in the video game world, but I guess that fanservice knows no bounds.

Not fond of any of the second stages, but I won't freak out because I don't like the starter's awkward middle school stage.

Festival plaza doesn't look to exciting, but we'll see.

The Poke Pelago can make me feel less awful by shoving hundreds of little monsters into empty storage boxes for the rest of their lives! Too bad I'll be holding most of them in Pokemon Bank for the free battle points.

And the special demo is October 18th? Well, at least there was something in this trailer to get me excited. I'm still really looking forward to this game.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
My thoughts on the new trailer: The middle stages look great. I really like Brionne. Its so cute. Speaking of Brionne, i think that's more confirmation that the final evo leaks are real. I can't see Brionne evolving into anything other than that elegant water princess. Torracat is probably my least favorite, mainly because its just a bigger but happier Litten, compared to Dartrix and Brionne, who have so much personality to them.

Poke Pelago is a good thing. I never felt bad about putting Pokemon in the PC, but i always imagined that they were sent to the Professor's lab, similarly to how Ash keeps his old Pokemon at Oak's. Poke Pelago will provide something similar.

Mega Evolution confirmed but we all knew it was coming back. Oh hello Mega Rayquayza that just used a Z-Move.

Ash-Greninja is a thing. I'm all fired up for it, although i'm not surprised its in. I knew Ash-Greninja was going to appear in some form. I am suprised that they stuck with Ash-Greninja, rather than changing its name, but its cool. Greninja is my second favorite starter, right behind Samurott. Can't wait for the demo. I'll be sure to use Ash-Greninja to take down a Mega Charizard X.

I swear they only added Ash-Greninja because so many people wanted it.
People did want it, but i think most people were expecting it to happen. Everyone speculated it would appear in some form in Gen 7.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Like I promised, here are my thoughts about the news, copy and pasted from another social I'm a part of.

I was expecting the starters to be revealed some time in October after not receiving news last month. It's much like the X/Y starters where their first stage evolutions were revealed one month before the games were released.

As for the three newly revealed Pokemon, I think they all look great. Definitely tied with Hoenn for having my favorite middle stage starter evolutions as a whole. Dartrix has a sophisticated and neat look, and the expressions it makes are pretty funny. This Pokemon seems to concerned about how clean and groomed its feathers. I get this image that Dartrix acts like a rich fella', and I have a theory how its evolution could tie into Robinroot based on that description.

Torracat looks cool too. One thing that really caught my attention is that if you try to pet the flame sac on its neck through Pokemon Refresh, the hand gets a "burned" reaction. Very nice touch since it reflects at how hot it is.

Brionne is very adorable. I thought it was pretty cute how it at that Pokebean in the Pokemon Refresh feature. It also looks like the perfect missing link between Popplio and Entermaid. Entermaid's design has been growing on me, so seeing how the middle stage looks like makes me glad I'll stick with Team Popplio for my first run. I think I'll go with Robinroot in a future playthrough because it's design has also been growing on me (I also don't want two Grass-types on my team for the sake of team balance; I'm already planning on having Lurantis on my team).

Festival Plaza reminds me of Platinum, HearGold/SoulSilver's Wifi Plaza mixed with that one Black2/White2 feature where you had that one street accessible through a local connection where people can set up shops so that you can buy valuable goodies or train your Pokemon in some way. I think I'll get used to it. I thought the Wifi Plaza was a really fun feature, while the B2/W2 wireless street feature was great for getting certain items.

I like the idea of Poke Pelago. No longer do you have to worry about the thought of keeping Pokemon trapped in a computer for the rest of their time. They can have fun while not being on your team! I also like how you can train Pokemon in your boxes without having to put them on your team using this feature, not to mention having a new way to receive rare items is a nice little thing to. Glad we're getting a demo for Sun and Moon as well.

And the best news for last... holy cow, Ash-Greninja is officially canon to the games!

*insert reaction gif but couldn't go through because image uploader is broken atm*

As someone whose second favorite Pokemon is Greninja, is part of the minority that loves Ash-Greninja's design, and was worried said form was going to be anime exclusive, you don't know how happy this makes me! I honestly can't wait to use Ash-Greninja on my team! I bet it's going to have some really great stats despite the lack of Protean!

And no Mega Evolutions for VGC 2017? That's a bit surprising. I'm curious to see what Pokemon will become more popular for this format with the lack of Megas.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Aside from the new trailer, it seems that we won't be able to transfer our old gen Pokemon right away. You do it through Pokebank but you need to update it and said update will be released in January 2017. I suppose this is to keep people from pulling a Saitama and one-shot everything the game throws at them with their lv.100 Pokemon. And, on the competitive side of things (at least when it comes to special battles such as those battle tests) Ash-Greninja is actually banned. Ash-Greninja must be really good then.

Nah

Smash Champion
. And, on the competitive side of things (at least when it comes to special battles such as those battle tests) Ash-Greninja is actually banned. Ash-Greninja must be really good then.
It might be really good, or it just might be as good as regular Greninja (which is still pretty good), but I doubt that's the reason it's banned from online play. GF and/or tPC's banlist has always had nothing to do with competitive viability. There are several Pokemon on their banlist that are not OP/broken/unhealthy in the slightest, while some other that are are allowed to roam free, nevermind there was that one season (or maybe it's still like that?) where **** like Xerneas, Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, etc, were legal.

D

Deleted member

And, on the competitive side of things (at least when it comes to special battles such as those battle tests) Ash-Greninja is actually banned. Ash-Greninja must be really good then.
Ash-Greninja might be temporarily banned so that players with it won't give other players an unfair advantage. This is so that players who got the demo don't overpower those who didn't get the demo.
There's also the possibility (though rather slim) that Ash-Greninja could be region and gen exclusive, such as the spiky-eared Pichu and Pikachu-colored Pichu.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It might be really good, or it just might be as good as regular Greninja (which is still pretty good), but I doubt that's the reason it's banned from online play. GF and/or tPC's banlist has always had nothing to do with competitive viability. There are several Pokemon on their banlist that are not OP/broken/unhealthy in the slightest, while some other that are are allowed to roam free, nevermind there was that one season (or maybe it's still like that?) where **** like Xerneas, Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, etc, were legal.
Ok, so i got confused. Its not refering to the game's specific ban list, but rather, Global Link and Rating Battles. Here's the quote from the article:

" Rating Battles will return, which are online ladders available for players to compete in, which are reset periodically (referred to as the end of the season). The three Rating Battle formats from Generation VI will carry over, with one new format; these formats are Single, Double, Special, and Championships Battle. The first season will begin on the game's launch day, November 18, 2016.

The exclusion of certain Legendary and Mythical Pokémon from Single and Double Battle regulations remains the same as in the past.

Special Battles are long-term formats with unusual rules, with the rules changing each time the rankings are reset. In Season 1, it will be a Single Battle format that allows Pokémon that cannot take part under other battle rules: Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna, Ash-Greninja, and others."

There's also the possibility (though rather slim) that Ash-Greninja could be region and gen exclusive, such as the spiky-eared Pichu and Pikachu-colored Pichu.
I never understood why the spiky-eared Pichu could never be transferred. There should be another spiky-eared Pichu event.

D

Deleted member

Special Battles are long-term formats with unusual rules, with the rules changing each time the rankings are reset. In Season 1, it will be a Single Battle format that allows Pokémon that cannot take part under other battle rules: Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna, Ash-Greninja, and others.
Seems to me that these Pokemon are not outright banned, but will be banned for the first special battle ruleset. So Ash-Greninja will be banned for the first season, the season when people just started playing and experiencing the game.

I never understood why the spiky-eared Pichu could never be transferred. There should be another spiky-eared Pichu event.
Me neither. I think they didn't want to deal with the hassle of creating a new model for the spiky-eared Pichu every generation.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Seems to me that these Pokemon are not outright banned, but will be banned for the first special battle ruleset. So Ash-Greninja will be banned for the first season, the season when people just started playing and experiencing the game.
No, what it means is that, in the first season of the Special Battles, Pokemon that are normally banned aren't. This includes Ash-Greninja.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like it's just another day in Nohr...

tumblr_od7g8sY5Lx1tes6z2o1_1280.png

Top Bottom