• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wasn't exactly sure if she would be classified as yandere or not, which is why I included the phrase "or anything close to them", because the psychopathic killer trying to be cute just isn't a trope I can see the appeal of.

But going by the description others in this thread gave, I think she actually is a yandere? I'm not really that involved in anime/mange culture, I just know a thing or two about it.
I think she compares more to a "result of bad parenting/being inspired to do the wrong thing" than a Yandere. During her early years, her killing of servants was due to her mother being killed by one, her father never stopped her or said it was wrong of her to do so, and later idiots kept commenting on how good she was at killing which inspired her to becoming a soldier. And because of that, she never took killing others seriously until Laslow gives her a "hearing/outburst/whatever word I'm looking for", after which it makes her remember her mother's death and she tries to change with Laslow's help.
Now Tharja is the yandere for Robin. An actual psycho who will kill anyone who gets near Robin, and if Robin backs out she'll kill him.
Despite having an obsession with Robin, she is far more tame compared to the "extreme" ones, as she doesn't try directly or scheme to kill anybody, with the only closest example being Tharja threatening Robin "After he confesses his love for her".(Henry is the one who actually mentions being willing to kill all of Chrom's army and she even says to him she doesn't want that.) Not only that, but because she can marry others besides Robin and does help other characters and even feel joy or sadness for them during her supports with them, she's far from an actual psycho.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hold on, I thought that you don't have to have to be in love with someone to be yandere, that's just a common trope that's paired with it.

Or am I getting confused by all these different descriptions? This is almost as confusing as discussing Mary Sues.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hold on, I thought that you don't have to have to be in love with someone to be yandere, that's just a common trope that's paired with it.

Or am I getting confused by all these different descriptions? This is almost as confusing as discussing Mary Sues.
To be a yandere, you need to at least be obssessed with someone. After that, well, they can be either mild (Lalum), tame (Tharja) or extreme (Yandere Simulator).

I only accept the mild and tame ones.

D

Deleted member

Despite having an obsession with Robin, she is far more tame compared to the "extreme" ones, as she doesn't try directly or scheme to kill anybody, with the only closest example being Tharja threatening Robin "After he confesses his love for her".
Wait, when does this happen? From what I remember from their S-Support, Robin confesses his love for Tharja and she continues to stalk him despite the marriage. And from what I remember from their Summer Scramble conversation when they're married, she gets embarrassed from Robin kissing her and I think she curses Robin regardless.

The thing I don't understand with her, and I think it is explained, is why does she have an obsession with Robin? I know why Rhajat is for Corrin, but her Robin obsession is... unknown. I read it was because of a dream she had, but the details are unknown to me.

Personally I don't mind Tharja too much and I think that she does get a bit too much hate (though, I understand why), I did have Robin marry her in both of my playthroughs. She's a pretty cool character and she is at least somewhat sympathetic and not completely cold. Peri, on the other hand, would kill an entire village for fun and threatened and almost killed people. It's kinda hypocritical of Xander to arrest Hans for his violent actions, but not Peri.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wait, when does this happen? From what I remember from their S-Support, Robin confesses his love for Tharja and she continues to stalk him despite the marriage. And from what I remember from their Summer Scramble conversation when they're married, she gets embarrassed from Robin kissing her and I think she curses Robin regardless.
Her Confession quote: "I can't believe you made me love you! ...Course if you back out, I'll murder you in your sleep."

The thing I don't understand with her, and I think it is explained, is why does she have an obsession with Robin? I know why Rhajat is for Corrin, but her Robin obsession is... unknown. I read it was because of a dream she had, but the details are unknown to me.
It's never explained in the game. However, her reasoning was shown in a special "Behind the Scenes/Outtakes" on the official site, where it takes place after Chrom convinces Tharja to join his army.
Either way, this scene is never mentioned once, nor is it even referenced. Which is rather sad since this Background of hers was easily one of the more interesting things about her and it would've been interesting to see development about it.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
There's a story-related reason that answers both of these questions.

Late into the Revelation route, Gunter reveals that he was a talented soldier who used to have a wife and daughter. There was a point in his life where he was approached by Garon to be his retainer, but Gunter declined the offer. Because of this, Garon ended up killing his wife and daughter, as well as razing his entire hometown. Ever since then, Gunter has been plotting his revenge against Garon, and he's been serving Corrin so that he could prepare him/her to stand up against Garon.

I'm guessing the reason that Gunter can't achieve any supports with Corrin in Revelation is because they don't want to create the awkward situation where you achieve an S-Support with him and then you find out later in the game that he once had a family of his own. To be honest, not letting Gunter achieve any supports in Revelation ruins the plot twist that comes around that point. The best solution should've been to keep Gunter's supports from Conquest, but make sure he would be the only character you can't achieve an S-Support with.

As for why Gunter can even achieve an S Support in the first place... pretty much the game wants to make sure every playable character (minus capturable units and amiibos) can achieve a potential marriage with Corrin, a way to satisfy the Awakening fans who liked achieving those marriages. For characters like Gunter, it feels pretty forced for him to have an S Support, and that's why I hope in the next Fire Emblem title, not all S Supports would end in marriage, but perhaps two individuals becoming stronger friends than they were in the past.
Yeah I knew about the story of Gunter. Thank you for posting it for me tho. And I agree with that units should have a S-Rank for strong friendship, but Fate's did that already with the A+ Rank. I wish there was another convo but hey like you said, maybe in the next Fire Emblem title.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Don't even get me started on this. I could go on and on, but I'll avoid a rant for the sake of everyone here.

Kana - Way too forced and bland.

Peri - Is she supposed to be cute or something? I don't understand why people like extreme yanderes, or anything close to them. On the topic of Reina, the difference is that Reina is actually kind of functional. She loves to hear screams and stuff, sure, but she has the self control not to slaughter innocents.

Rhajat - Copy/Paste of my least favorite Awakening character. Her one redeeming trait is that she's not actually Tharja. The "reincarnation" stuff is really stupid, but I guess that applies to all the second gen Awakening clones.

Camilla - I'd probably like her if she wasn't way too focused on her obsession with Corrin, but that completely breaks the illusion for me. Her "armor" doesn't win her any points either, it just makes her look stupid. Since he's got similar problems, I think it's also worth mentioning Jakob gets an honorable mention here, but not even he is as bad as Camilla is.

Nina - I feel similarly about Nina as I do with Camilla. She'd be such a great character if not for her stupid obsession with yaoi. Missed potential is all she is.

Garon - Do I really need to explain?

Corrin - All of the problems of both Lord and Avatar characters, meshed together and increased tenfold. At least they're cool in Smash.
I agree with the other characters on this list, but Corrin and Kana? Those are fighting words pal!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The newest CoroCoro scans have been leaked.

Rockruff's evolution is named "Lugarugan" and it has two forms: the Midday Form and the Midnight Form. Rock ruff evolves into the Midday Form when it "takes the sun's power to turn into this marvelous form," while it evolves into the Midnight Form when it is "met with the night's power." No details about the forms' typing and abilities have been revealed, but it sounds like Rockruff's evolutions will have something to do with night and day.

The Midday Form has become one of my favorite Alola Pokemon revealed thus far, right behind Lurantis if I had to be honest. It has a great design overall. As for the Midnight Form... not the biggest fan. Looks a bit weird IMO.

Two more Ultra Beasts were also revealed: UB-02 Beauty and UB-02 Expansion. UB-02 Beauty attracts any Pokemon thanks to its beauty, while UB-02 Expansion's entire body is a weapon. These Ultra Beasts will change between the two versions of the game, with UB-02 Expansion shown facing Tapu Koko in Sun while UB-02 Beauty faces the same Pokemon in Moon. UB-01's name has question marks next to it unlike the other two Ultra Beasts, further raising the mystery surrounding it.

They also revealed the new Sun and Moon anime. In it, Ash will obtain a Z-ring and encounter Tapu Koko. This time around, Ash will go to school and his goal is graduate "like never before." It also appears that he will befriend Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie from the get go.

The true strength of Type: Null will be revealed in the next issue.

------

One detail worth mentioning...

Looks like Lillie might not be the only one to resemble an Ultra Beast. Makes me wonder who UB-02 Expansion will be based on, because no revealed character matches its appearance thus far.

------

It looks like we have more Fire Emblem references in Sun and Moon in addition to Gladeon being Owain/Odin.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that sees the resemblances.

D

Deleted member

The newest CoroCoro scans have been leaked.

Rockruff's evolution is named "Lugarugan" and it has two forms: the Midday Form and the Midnight Form. Rock ruff evolves into the Midday Form when it "takes the sun's power to turn into this marvelous form," while it evolves into the Midnight Form when it is "met with the night's power." No details about the forms' typing and abilities have been revealed, but it sounds like Rockruff's evolutions will have something to do with night and day.

The Midday Form has become one of my favorite Alola Pokemon revealed thus far, right behind Lurantis if I had to be honest. It has a great design overall. As for the Midnight Form... not the biggest fan. Looks a bit weird IMO.

Two more Ultra Beasts were also revealed: UB-02 Beauty and UB-02 Expansion. UB-02 Beauty attracts any Pokemon thanks to its beauty, while UB-02 Expansion's entire body is a weapon. These Ultra Beasts will change between the two versions of the game, with UB-02 Expansion shown facing Tapu Koko in Sun while UB-02 Beauty faces the same Pokemon in Moon. UB-01's name has question marks next to it unlike the other two Ultra Beasts, further raising the mystery surrounding it.

They also revealed the new Sun and Moon anime. In it, Ash will obtain a Z-ring and encounter Tapu Koko. This time around, Ash will go to school and his goal is graduate "like never before." It also appears that he will befriend Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie from the get go.

------

Looks like Lillie might not be the only one to resemble an Ultra Beast. Makes me wonder who UB-02 Expansion will be based on, because no revealed character matches its appearance thus far.

------

It looks like we have more Fire Emblem references in Sun and Moon in addition to Gladeon being Owain/Odin.

DOGGY! :D
Oh yeah, I'm definitely using Rockruff. I like the Midday form more than the Midnight form to be honest. Though, in Moon if I play at nighttime, will I get the Midday form?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Rockruff Midnight evolution looks better imo. The midday form looks like the generic one you would expect it to evolve into.

I'll post my full thoughts during lunch.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
If i had to guess, Midday is pure Rock while Midnight is Rock/Dark. Also, i think its dependent on the version of the game. We already know that Sun&Moon are 12 hours apart. So it makes sense for Rockruff to take advantage of this.

I'm the opposite. Both are fine but i much prefer the Midnight form. The Midday form, to me, looks like the generic one you would expect it to evolve into. The Midnight form on the other hand has a more unique look. The Midnight form also reminds me of Zoroark, which is my favorite Pokemon ever, so Midnight form gets more points.

LOL, Ash got tired of losing the League. Ok, all jokes aside, are you sure that was translated correctly? It feels weird that Ash won't be participating in the Island Trials (unless Island Trials are part of the school). Also, RIP Amourshipping. I should've seen it coming, but it's still terribly disappointing after they've teased it so many times during XY. And it looks like Greninja, Ash's most unique Pokemon, is staying at Oak's lab. Its like XY never happened, what a surprise. As for Ash's new companions, i think Lillie is replacing Serena while Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles replace Clemont and Bonnie. And let me just point out how anime Lillie appears to act much differently than game Lillie.

I feel that this strengthens my theory that the Ultra Beasts are not the characters but are simply mimicking them. We know they can change shape but it doesn't look like they can change completely into a human.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'm not a fan of the Midnight form but the Midday form it's actually pretty cool (and for no real reasons it reminds me of Nailah from RD lol).

I feel that this strengthens my theory that the Ultra Beasts are not the characters but are simply mimicking them. We know they can change shape but it doesn't look like they can change completely into a human.
And I'm just the opposite: I think this strengthens the theory that they are the characters lol

I really can't wait to see how this Ultra Beasts thing turns out, now I'm even more interested than before.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If i had to guess, Midday is pure Rock while Midnight is Rock/Dark. Also, i think its dependent on the version of the game. We already know that Sun&Moon are 12 hours apart. So it makes sense for Rockruff to take advantage of this.
Rock/Dark is definitely the best route for the Midnight Form; it fits pretty well. As for the Midday Form, I'd say it will either be pure Rock or maybe Rock/Fairy. I thought of Fairy-type because of its association to light, similar to daylight. Fire would be more fitting for something to represent said light, but it doesn't look like a Pokemon that'd be a Fire-type.

LOL, Ash got tired of losing the League. Ok, all jokes aside, are you sure that was translated correctly? It feels weird that Ash won't be participating in the Island Trials (unless Island Trials are part of the school).
It's translated correctly. I got the information from Serebii.

I think it's still possible that the Island Trials could be a part of the school, or maybe the students will get to visit locations in other islands through field trips.

Also, RIP Amourshipping. I should've seen it coming, but it's still terribly disappointing after they've teased it so many times during XY. And it looks like Greninja, Ash's most unique Pokemon, is staying at Oak's lab. Its like XY never happened, what a surprise. As for Ash's new companions, i think Lillie is replacing Serena while Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles replace Clemont and Bonnie. And let me just point out how anime Lillie appears to act much differently than game Lillie.
There is still going to be the "big anime announcement" that will follow the one hour finale to the Team Flare arc this Thursday, and it's pretty much confirmed to be our first trailer for the Sun and Moon anime. Perhaps Serena could be revealed there. I'm doubtful about it though since if she was going to appear, that scan would probably already have a picture of her.

Even I will admit I feel bummed about Serena potentially not coming back because of the strong hints we had throughout the series. If she won't return, I'm hoping she'll at least confess before the XY&Z series is over.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Judging by its description, it'll be Type: Null with its helmet taken off. This should be interesting.

The resemblance isn't nearly as strong, but I've seen people point out that Expansion has the same color scheme as Gladion's clothes.

Well, midnight form and Keaton are both anime werewolves, so there's bound to be resemblance. They definitely look alike, but it's probably a coincidence, especially since the resemblance between midday form and Kaden isn't nearly as strong.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I mistook the animé for One Piece until I saw the Pikachu.

I'll do a full write-up once I get home.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I don't know if anyone has asked this here, but Corrin has so many options, and most of her options are all quite powerful. Does any one feel her specials (besides her recovery) need nerfs? What about F-smash? Just wanted to know your thoughts.

Nah

Smash Champion
I don't think Corrin needs any more nerfs (tho Counter Surge is sometimes still a smidge silly). They already slightly nerfed the character anyway, and this isn't like Shiek or Diddy or someone that you'd have to nerf into the ****ing ground and then some to make them remotely bad.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I don't think Corrin needs any more nerfs (tho Counter Surge is sometimes still a smidge silly). They already slightly nerfed the character anyway, and this isn't like Shiek or Diddy or someone that you'd have to nerf into the ****ing ground and then some to make them remotely bad.
Well that's not what i meant at all. I just meant since Corrin has SO MANY options, and since its often difficult to keep up with said options, AND all of those options are quite powerful, maybe slight nerfs to them are needed. I'm not saying BetterNerfCorrin or anything, I just think that Corrin is a little unbalanced. I know she's slow, but she can compensate with side b, because that thing is not only ridiculously fast, its powerful as hell. And of course anyone who thinks counter surge isn't ridiculous sometimes is deluding themselves. Dragon shot is also ridiculous because not only is it a projectile, its a projectile that stuns, AND the ****ing mouth bite is powerful as hell. Hell she has an up B that beats out most hit boxes unless you hit her right, and invincibility frames as well. I just think her kit is a tad... ridiculous. But maybe i just need to learn how to fight Corrin.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I mistook the animé for One Piece until I saw the Pikachu.
Yeah, i see why. Alongside the tropical theme, Ash apparently has Luffy's nightmare smile now.
2434101-render_luffy.png
CsJLgr7XEAABfw7.jpg

Seriously, Luffy's smile is the reason why i can't watch One Piece. That smile creeps me out.
Looking at it again though, i think Ash's smile also has a bit of Natsu's.
kiss_it_all_better__natsu_x_sick_reader__by_caitypie753-d7iwno6.jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know if anyone has asked this here, but Corrin has so many options, and most of her options are all quite powerful. Does any one feel her specials (besides her recovery) need nerfs? What about F-smash? Just wanted to know your thoughts.
I don't think so. Corrin has a lot of powerful options, but they aren't all necessarily safe. I actually really struggle in neutral when playing with Corrin. Dragon Fang Shot has a hard time challenging enemy projectiles and isn't really spammable at all, Dragon Lunge greatly extends your hurtbox and isn't always safe, Dragon Ascent is meh recovery and is rarely worth it as an offensive option, and Counter Surge is really situational and only good for hard reads(and people always exaggerate about it to, you probably won't kill with it unless they're at kill percent anyway). F-smash certainly doesn't need a nerf. I get punished for it all the time and landing the sweetspot isn't easy at all.

Corrin can annoy at mid range, but struggles at approaching. If you can't force your opponent to approach, you're at a bit of a disadvantage. Heck, sometimes I feel like Charizard has safer approach options.

Part of your problem might also have to do with the matchup. You're a Marth main, right? Marth relies heavily on getting proper spacing, and Corrin is able to shut that down. While Marth is great at attacking at midrange, Corrin is great at defending themselves at midrange, and even have a projectile to help keep control of the situation.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Final thoughts on Fates
Pros:
-Good supports
-Good Husbandos
-Good Overall mechanics
-Solid Class Balance
-Somewhat better weapon systems
-Limited, but still fun new features in my castle
-Decent Unit Balance
-Solid Paralogue maps
-Diverse mission objectives
-Enjoyable DLC

Cons
-Shaky map designs (though still better than awakening in most chapters)
-Meh Waifus
-Very confusing and medicore narratives in all 3 versions
-no world map
-BS AI
-Handful of generic / mediocre characters
-too pricy
-Completely broken online

Overall, thought the games were solid additions to the series, with really great mechanics and balance for the most part. I just hope future installments expand on what made Fates good, while also fleshing out some of its more unrealized new features and improving upon some of its key weak points.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
One: I can't be the only one who thought of Keaton when I saw the Midnight Form of Rockruff.

Two: What's this crap about nerfing Corrin? Like she needs it. It's complete BS that they nerfed her speed. I know it's not Robin slow, but she should be a little faster.

Three: That's a scary comparison with Luffy's face and Ash's Armagon xD

Four: How the holy hell is Corrin unbalanced in Smash? They are the least played DLC character in the game. I mean it's rare to find someone good with her.

Five: I almost got destroyed in Chapter 25 of Revelations. I had to switch to Phoenix Mode. Where can I grind in the game to maximize levels? Like what area in Revelations gives the most EXP?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
-no world map
By that, you mean how you can't move your character around it like you could in Gaiden, Sacred Stones, and Awakening, right? Because Birthright does have a world map, but you just select where you want to go as opposed to seeing your character move to said location.

That's a scary comparison with Luffy's face and Ash's Armagon
I'm not joking, Luffy's face is one of the scariest things out there.

D

Deleted member

What? Corrin doesn't need nerfs. They're pretty balanced and beatable. Corrin isn't overwhelming or is someone that needs to be nerfed to the ground, such as Diddy Kong or Bayonetta.
I'm not even sure if there will be patches anymore. All you can do now is learn the matchup. F-Smash is pretty fine; it's power and long range is compensated by its long endlag, making it pretty punishable. It's easy to dodge too; just don't be within it's distance and stay in the air if you're Kirby. In my experiences, Kirby can be a rough matchup for Corrin.

Her Confession quote: "I can't believe you made me love you! ...Course if you back out, I'll murder you in your sleep."
Oh yeah, I forgot about her confession. That is creepy.
Though, I dunno what she means by "I can't believe you made me love you". Didn't she love Robin from the get-go?

It's never explained in the game. However, her reasoning was shown in a special "Behind the Scenes/Outtakes" on the official site, where it takes place after Chrom convinces Tharja to join his army.
Either way, this scene is never mentioned once, nor is it even referenced. Which is rather sad since this Background of hers was easily one of the more interesting things about her and it would've been interesting to see development about it.
Oh yeah, this. I'm not even sure if I want to find out what happens in those dreams...
To be honest, Tharja is someone that I would never expect to find in a Nintendo game.

Five: I almost got destroyed in Chapter 25 of Revelations. I had to switch to Phoenix Mode. Where can I grind in the game to maximize levels? Like what area in Revelations gives the most EXP?
You have 2 options:
1. You can call the enemies from the most recent maps you fought on. So, you can grind against enemies on Chapter 24 and 25 and whatever recent Paralogues you've done.
2. Buy the Boo Camp DLC. The more you progress in the game, the more powerful the enemies will be and the more EXP you will gain. Almost every enemy you kill will give you a level.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
What? Corrin doesn't need nerfs. They're pretty balanced and beatable. Corrin isn't overwhelming or is someone that needs to be nerfed to the ground, such as Diddy Kong or Bayonetta.
I'm not even sure if there will be patches anymore. All you can do now is learn the matchup. F-Smash is pretty fine; it's power and long range is compensated by its long endlag, making it pretty punishable. It's easy to dodge too; just don't be within it's distance and stay in the air if you're Kirby. In my experiences, Kirby can be a rough matchup for Corrin.

Though, I dunno what she means by "I can't believe you made me love you". Didn't she love Robin from the get-go?

Oh yeah, this. I'm not even sure if I want to find out what happens in those dreams...
To be honest, Tharja is someone that I would never expect to find in a Nintendo game.

You have 2 options:
1. You can call the enemies from the most recent maps you fought on. So, you can grind against enemies on Chapter 24 and 25 and whatever recent Paralogues you've done.
2. Buy the Boo Camp DLC. The more you progress in the game, the more powerful the enemies will be and the more EXP you will gain. Almost every enemy you kill will give you a level.
Ok, yeah I'll try that. I really don't want to spend 2.50 for Boo Camp.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I'm thinking with the line, it meant that she loved Robin in the more lustful way rather than actual love(I mean, she did say in her dreams, he did things to her body and she loved him for that) and that after S-rank, she finds love for who he really is. Although that probably would've shown better if she mentioned she would stop following him around like Rhajat does.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Can someone who's good with corrin battle me? trying to better understand the matchup. Also what are corrin's weaknesses?

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Ok, guys. Are you ready to have your mind blown? Some of you may know this but i don't care, this needs to be told. In Fire Emblem Fates, Garon, Iago, and Hans have unused blushing portraits in the game. I am not kidding. If you don't believe me, go to the fire emblem fates wiki.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Ok, guys. Are you ready to have your mind blown? Some of you may know this but i don't care, this needs to be told. In Fire Emblem Fates, Garon, Iago, and Hans have unused blushing portraits in the game. I am not kidding. If you don't believe me, go to the fire emblem fates wiki.
Im going to guess they may have plans or had planned for dlc maps where you can get these characters in a similar vein to awakening with its villains and the blushing portraits would be used in avatar supports.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Can someone who's good with corrin battle me? trying to better understand the matchup. Also what are corrin's weaknesses?
Funny, I was just going over that.

Corrin's biggest weakness, IMO, is that s/he has a hard time approaching, so don't go super agro on her. I wouldn't say to try to camp the whole match, but maybe try to zone with your arrows and reflector.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Im going to guess they may have plans or had planned for dlc maps where you can get these characters in a similar vein to awakening with its villains and the blushing portraits would be used in avatar supports.
Do you think they'll follow up on that idea? I hope not....

Ivander

Smash Legend
Actually, I heard something about those being like stand-ins, something used for everyone, or something similar. Cause by what I heard, Mikoto, Sumeragi, Arete and Lilith also have blushing portraits. Heck, I think I heard some of the Capture Bosses and Generic Units also have them, but those ones I'm unsure of.

Last edited:

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Do you think they'll follow up on that idea? I hope not....
I wouldnt be suprised. Given how they want to really satisify awakening fans and carry on its sucess i wouldnt be suprised if they did
Actually, I heard something about those being like stand-ins, something used for everyone, or something similar. Cause by what I heard, Mikoto, Sumeragi, Arete and Lilith also have blushing portraits. Heck, I think I heard some of the Capture Bosses and Generic Units also have them, but those ones I'm unsure of.
That does seem a lot more likely but i still wouldnt doubt that intelligent systems might do the dlc maps anyway.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Its most likely just stand-ins or whatever. I know the game allows you to marry any member in your army of the opposite gender (or same gender if you marry Niles or Rhajat) but i doubt IS would go as far as to let you marry your own, actual blood-related sister (Lilith), or your own mother (Mikoto).

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I don't think so. Corrin has a lot of powerful options, but they aren't all necessarily safe. I actually really struggle in neutral when playing with Corrin. Dragon Fang Shot has a hard time challenging enemy projectiles and isn't really spammable at all, Dragon Lunge greatly extends your hurtbox and isn't always safe, Dragon Ascent is meh recovery and is rarely worth it as an offensive option, and Counter Surge is really situational and only good for hard reads(and people always exaggerate about it to, you probably won't kill with it unless they're at kill percent anyway). F-smash certainly doesn't need a nerf. I get punished for it all the time and landing the sweetspot isn't easy at all.

Corrin can annoy at mid range, but struggles at approaching. If you can't force your opponent to approach, you're at a bit of a disadvantage. Heck, sometimes I feel like Charizard has safer approach options.

Part of your problem might also have to do with the matchup. You're a Marth main, right? Marth relies heavily on getting proper spacing, and Corrin is able to shut that down. While Marth is great at attacking at midrange, Corrin is great at defending themselves at midrange, and even have a projectile to help keep control of the situation.
That helps alot. I also play kirby and samus. Been learning palutena. But yeah i can't ever get my spacing on corrin as marth. It's hard. :/

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Do you have the 3DS version? If so, I'll be happy to do it.
I have the 3ds and only the 3ds! yay! please help! When do you want to play? i can play around 6:30 pm est. I have to cook and eat first so i might come before that time. Thanks!

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
There's a Corrin SmashCords you can join as well, they have metagame discussions and matchmaking if your looking for Corrin players. Cosmos is actually on there sometimes.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
There's a Corrin SmashCords you can join as well, they have metagame discussions and matchmaking if your looking for Corrin players. Cosmos is actually on there sometimes.
Is cosmos someone i should know by name? if its competitive scene i don't really follow it. also what is smash cords?

Kirby is? really? i kind of find that corrin's aerials outrange kirbys when i try that but as usual (i could be wrong). I guess i just find it frustrating to have to learn new matchups when my main won't cut it.

D

Deleted member

Kirby is? really? i kind of find that corrin's aerials outrange kirbys when i try that but as usual (i could be wrong). I guess i just find it frustrating to have to learn new matchups when my main won't cut it.
I haven't fought too many Kirbys as Corrin, but my experiences fighting against him were tough.
Kirby has by far the best duck in the game. It can help Kirby outright dodge many levels of Dragon Fang Shot and even avoid attacks like f-tilt and f-smash when it's not angled downward. F-smash is by far one of Corrin's best spacing tools, but it's harder to use in this matchup for how tiny and floaty Kirby is, along with his duck and multiple jumps. However, Corrin can still combo Kirby because of how floaty Kirby is and how disjointed Corrin's attacks are.
I haven't fought a Kirby on Battlefield, but I imagine the matchup will be more even here because Corrin benefits from using those platforms to use their disjointed attacks. The flatter the stage the better for Kirby, so I would go for FD or Smashville.
You shouldn't rush down and try to combo Corrin, no matter how good or decent Kirby's combo game is. You should be patient against Corrin, try to bait them, and then punish them. Though, keep in mind that Kirby's neutral is very lacking; you shouldn't challenge Corrin's range and aerials, but instead respect it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom