• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I haven't fought too many Kirbys as Corrin, but my experiences fighting against him were tough.
Kirby has by far the best duck in the game. It can help Kirby outright dodge many levels of Dragon Fang Shot and even avoid attacks like f-tilt and f-smash when it's not angled downward. F-smash is by far one of Corrin's best spacing tools, but it's harder to use in this matchup for how tiny and floaty Kirby is, along with his duck and multiple jumps. However, Corrin can still combo Kirby because of how floaty Kirby is and how disjointed Corrin's attacks are.
I haven't fought a Kirby on Battlefield, but I imagine the matchup will be more even here because Corrin benefits from using those platforms to use their disjointed attacks. The flatter the stage the better for Kirby, so I would go for FD or Smashville.
You shouldn't rush down and try to combo Corrin, no matter how good or decent Kirby's combo game is. You should be patient against Corrin, try to bait them, and then punish them. Though, keep in mind that Kirby's neutral is very lacking; you shouldn't challenge Corrin's range and aerials, but instead respect it.
Kirby's Nair is mediocre. I feel as though Corrin has a hard time against Kirby because of his size. Kirby can literally duck under Corrin's F-Smash. Kirby is also one the lightest characters in the game so he can easily be killed at 80-105 percent depending on what you use. Corrin is one of those characters that requires patience and timing. Those are the two most vital aspects to Corrin.

D

Deleted member

Kirby's Nair is mediocre. I feel as though Corrin has a hard time against Kirby because of his size. Kirby can literally duck under Corrin's F-Smash. Kirby is also one the lightest characters in the game so he can easily be killed at 80-105 percent depending on what you use. Corrin is one of those characters that requires patience and timing. Those are the two most vital aspects to Corrin.
Kirby's nair is mediocre, hell I can't even find a good use for the move when I play as him, but his other aerials are great. One thing Kirby can do is down tilt, which has characters trip more likely than not in my experiences, and then follow up with a forward throw and start a combo.
Both sides need to be patient in this matchup I feel like. Corrin needs to be patient in general and not spam their best moves, or else they will be predictable and easily punished. Kirby needs to be patient against Corrin and not act aggressive; if he does, Kirby can get punished and die earlier than most characters.

In my opinion, Kirby is pretty underrated. He isn't top tier, but he can put in some work.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's nair is mediocre, hell I can't even find a good use for the move when I play as him, but his other aerials are great. One thing Kirby can do is down tilt, which has characters trip more likely than not in my experiences, and then follow up with a forward throw and start a combo.
Both sides need to be patient in this matchup I feel like. Corrin needs to be patient in general and not spam their best moves, or else they will be predictable and easily punished. Kirby needs to be patient against Corrin and not act aggressive; if he does, Kirby can get punished and die earlier than most characters.

In my opinion, Kirby is pretty underrated. He isn't top tier, but he can put in some work.
I've fought some very good Kirby's on the 3DS. I got destroyed alot xD even with my main Mewtwo. The most common combo I've seen with Kirby is Forward Throw, F-Air, D-Tilt, Forward Throw, etc you get the point. That combo is deadly to characters like Ike, Bowser, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, or any other overweight character. It works on Mewtwo or other lighter characters to but not at high percents as to where they can just DI out of it or at least be out of range. (Note: I am not a Kirby Main lol)

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
There's an app called Discord which is like a live chat. The smash community set up their own servers, with a server for every character that people main. And Cosmos is a high-profile Corrin in the competitive community, he's pretty good.

Nah

Smash Champion
If people are looking for Corrin counterpicks, mobile characters with solid keepaway games like :4greninja::4sheik: are probably good bets.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So we got a new Pokemon Sun&Moon trailer.
The more i see these Ultra Beasts coming out of portals, the more i'm positive that they are not the certain characters and instead, are simply mimicking them to an extent.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The more i see these Ultra Beasts coming out of portals, the more i'm positive that they are not the certain characters and instead, are simply mimicking them to an extent.
Well, that might be the more reasonable explanation. But it'd also be so much more crazy and interesting if they actually are the characters they resemble.

Even as it is, though, we still don't know what ultra beast even are, so we'll just have to wait. I could actually see it go either way.

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627

N-air is a good landing cancel tool. and usually if you fast fall Nair you can get in a jab combo

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
I don't main Corrin anymore but I haven't lost my touch with the character. I'll play you on the 3DS later today. Would 7:30 PM PST work for you?
i can do that today if you want! sorry for the late reply.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Kirby isn't a tough match-up for Corrin. In fact, it's the complete opposite. Kirby is bad at approaching, Corrin is good at keeping people out. That's already not showing good signs. You know when people say that Side-b invalidates a lot of match-ups? Kirby is one of them. Dragon Lunge alone shuts down Kirby in this match-up as not only can he not punish it, he doesn't have the luxury of ducking much because DL will hit him if he does. We outrange him really hard as well. This could actually be one of Kirby's worst match-ups.

As for counterpicks, I'd say either Diddy or Sheik. Especially Sheik.

I'd add Fox but I actually think this match-up is turning out to be even.

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Kirby isn't a tough match-up for Corrin. In fact, it's the complete opposite. Kirby is bad at approaching, Corrin is good at keeping people out. That's already not showing good signs. You know when people say that Side-b invalidates a lot of match-ups? Kirby is one of them. Dragon Lunge alone shuts down Kirby in this match-up as not only can he not punish it, he doesn't have the luxury of ducking much because DL will hit him if he does. We outrange him really hard as well. This could actually be one of Kirby's worst match-ups.

As for counterpicks, I'd say either Diddy or Sheik. Especially Sheik.

I'd add Fox but I actually think this match-up is turning out to be even.
Any OTHER characters? Maybe some non-toptiers?
Because i don't play any of those three.
(im not saying fox is toptier)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quick question; what are some good skills to pass down to Effie!Mitama and Hana!Caeldori for Revelation? I've been trying to figure out what to do with them for the past few days now and haven't had any luck.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Quick question; what are some good skills to pass down to Effie!Mitama and Hana!Caeldori for Revelation? I've been trying to figure out what to do with them for the past few days now and haven't had any luck.
For Effie!Mitama, Luna is one skill that comes to mind. Turn Effie into a Great Knight, level her up until she's level 5 to receive said skill, then use the Second Seal to turn back into a General. By passing down Luna to Mitama, you'll gain the skill from the get-go. I'd also make sure she keeps the Miracle skill from her Shrine Maiden/Priestess class because it's a really good skill to have for a General Mitama; I remember having Luna and Miracle equipped on my General Mitama (whose mother was Effie), and not only would she wreck foes, but she would pretty much never die because she could heal the damage back with Miracle.

As for Hana!Caeldori, the two best skills to pass down are either Vantage or Astra. Vantage allows Caeldori to attack first on the enemy phase if her health is below half, while Astra is great for allowing Caeldori to hit for more damage than she usually does, making up for her usually average Strength stat.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Does anyone else feel that Revelations has a weird difficulty curve? Like it got hard at the beginning and midway but it's getting easier from the later? (I kinda noticed this since Ch 19 or 20, and now I'm on Ch 22 on Revelations Lunatic.)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Does anyone else feel that Revelations has a weird difficulty curve? Like it got hard at the beginning and midway but it's getting easier from the later? (I kinda noticed this since Ch 19 or 20, and now I'm on Ch 22 on Revelations Lunatic.)
By that point you have the really good characters from both sides in a single army and the game really only throws gimmicky map designs at you as an obstacle until the final few chapters.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I think its mainly just the gimmicks. The only chapter i truly had a problem with was Ch.11, because of the spikes that kept popping back up even if you used DV to remove them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can go on and on about how much I hate the Revelations single player campaign. It's difficulty curve, character balance, and practically everything but music/graphics is a mess. It's especially bad on Lunatic mode, which is basically the only way I play Fates these days.

But I won't rant, since I generally prefer to just pretend Revelations doesn't exist.

D

Deleted member

For Effie!Mitama, Luna is one skill that comes to mind. Turn Effie into a Great Knight, level her up until she's level 5 to receive said skill, then use the Second Seal to turn back into a General. By passing down Luna to Mitama, you'll gain the skill from the get-go. I'd also make sure she keeps the Miracle skill from her Shrine Maiden/Priestess class because it's a really good skill to have for a General Mitama; I remember having Luna and Miracle equipped on my General Mitama (whose mother was Effie), and not only would she wreck foes, but she would pretty much never die because she could heal the damage back with Miracle.

As for Hana!Caeldori, the two best skills to pass down are either Vantage or Astra. Vantage allows Caeldori to attack first on the enemy phase if her health is below half, while Astra is great for allowing Caeldori to hit for more damage than she usually does, making up for her usually average Strength stat.
Thanks for the suggestions! General Mitama with Renewal and Luna sounds like a really fun combination. I think what I'm gonna do is have Effie pass down Luna and have Azama promote early to get Renewal faster, which shouldn't be too huge a problem seeing as how I don't plan on using Azama on this playthrough anyway.

As for Caeldori, I'm gonna have Hana pass down Astra, while I think I'll have Subaki give her Vantage. It'll let her get both those skills without the need to class change, and Subaki doesn't really have anything better to give Caeldori anyway.

Yeah, Revelation's difficulty is weird. You have chapters like Chapter 7 which was more tedious than challenging, and then Chapters like 17 where it throws a bunch of Promoted Generals and Paladins at you and your only reinforcements are units that'll get one-shot by pretty much everything you pit them against on the map.

While I'm having fun with Revelation, I'm sad to say it's horribly balanced for those not willing to put in major grinding time. I mean, I guess simply going the all royals route is a way to avoid the grinding, but that's kinda boring in my opinion and doesn't really let you have too much variety with your strategy.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
By that point you have the really good characters from both sides in a single army and the game really only throws gimmicky map designs at you as an obstacle until the final few chapters.
That makes sense. I also thought maybe because I started off the route with Hoshidan characters, and they weren't exactly strong in the defense part? It was pretty of a struggle (only Ch. 5 to be honest. Ch. 11 was just stupid.) until I got to the Nohrian characters. Only characters I remember that had some defense at that time were myself, Oboro and Hinata. Rinkah and Subaki as well but I didn't bother using those two anyway.

It did get slightly easier when I started getting bulkier units like Keaton, Effie and Benny. I'm probably wrong of this but that's what I thought. Of course, it was no surprise that Critmaster Oboro and Takumi were the MVPs of my play-through.

I think its mainly just the gimmicks. The only chapter i truly had a problem with was Ch.11, because of the spikes that kept popping back up even if you used DV to remove them.
That chapter was just stupid. I don't approve of those spikes either. They're annoying. Gotta agree there. Although Ch 17 caught me off guard there as well, so I gotta give credit to that too.

I can go on and on about how much I hate the Revelations single player campaign. It's difficulty curve, character balance, and practically everything but music/graphics is a mess. It's especially bad on Lunatic mode, which is basically the only way I play Fates these days.

But I won't rant, since I generally prefer to just pretend Revelations doesn't exist.
No surprise there. I heard posts from other people make a huge deal about how abysmal the unit balance was. I didn't really think that to be a big deal, since I was gonna Aptitude Hunt for everyone in my team anyways. Once I rose the unpromoted units up to Lv. 20, then I can determine if their base stats from there, show they're usable or not.

I also don't like the story premise of Revelations either since it's just two kingdom joining together to stop the big bad instead of choosing a kingdom to side by. I decided to give it a shot. The story isn't really impressive so far either.

At least it gives me a chance to experiment the optimized second generation children, even though I'm probably not gonna end up using them anyways!

Yeah, Revelation's difficulty is weird. You have chapters like Chapter 7 which was more tedious than challenging, and then Chapters like 17 where it throws a bunch of Promoted Generals and Paladins at you and your only reinforcements are units that'll get one-shot by pretty much everything you pit them against on the map.

While I'm having fun with Revelation, I'm sad to say it's horribly balanced for those not willing to put in major grinding time. I mean, I guess simply going the all royals route is a way to avoid the grinding, but that's kinda boring in my opinion and doesn't really let you have too much variety with your strategy.
The more I think about this, the more I regret buying Birthright instead of Conquest since it has the best game-play out of the three. And yeah I suppose the later chapters didn't really put as much variety in the enemies as they do on the map design so far.

Gotta stop complaining though, because Fate's Lunatic Mode is still an improvement from Awakening's.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Thanks for the suggestions! General Mitama with Renewal and Luna sounds like a really fun combination. I think what I'm gonna do is have Effie pass down Luna and have Azama promote early to get Renewal faster, which shouldn't be too huge a problem seeing as how I don't plan on using Azama on this playthrough anyway.

As for Caeldori, I'm gonna have Hana pass down Astra, while I think I'll have Subaki give her Vantage. It'll let her get both those skills without the need to class change, and Subaki doesn't really have anything better to give Caeldori anyway.
Sounds like a good plan! I accidentally confused Renewal with Miracle when I was typing that earlier post, but yeah, I meant to say Renewal.

As for Caeldori, I forgot Subaki's secondary class is the Samurai line, so passing down both Astra and Vantage works perfectly because of that.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
You know, the third wave of Fates DLC (Hoshidian and Nohrian Festival of Bonds) is really taking its sweet time to come out. I seriously doubt it takes that long to localize. Worst case scenario, the third wave is Japan-only, which would suck.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Maybe they're just waiting for October, with the whole Halloween thing and all. It'd be annoying, but I could see the Treehouse pulling something like that, especially since most of us westerners are probably way more familiar with Halloween than the Japanese holiday Children's Day.

Though, aren't these DLC maps supposed to be like the Harvest/Summer scramble from Awakening? They probably don't have a huge staff working on it, and that's a lot of dialogue to look over. I think Saizo and Beruka in Revelations have shown us what happens when you try to rush localization with their C-support(That had to of just been a hilarious mistake).

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Sun and Moon trailer has been posted!

We've got version exclusive monkeys. One is a rugby player, the other is a guru. They also revealed the typings and abilities to Rockruff's evolution, now named Lycanroc. Both forms are pure Rock.

The trailer also details the return of trainer customization and man does it look better than X/Y's. It also reveals Pikachu and Eevee will receive their own Z-moves.

I'll post my thoughts later in the day once I'm free.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
With the release of a new Pokemon trailer, we got new Pokemon. I'll be posting my thoughts below.

Exclusive to Sun, we have Passimian, a pure Fighting-Type. I'm very interested in its ability since it could potentially copy Shedinja's Wonder Guard ability.

Exlcusive to Moon is Oranguru. Nothing much to say about it tbh. Of course, the Internet is calling it Harambe, because memes.

We knew about them before but we finally see them in action. Midday form learns a new move called Accelrock, which is baisclly Rock-Type Extreme Speed. Midnight form learns Counter. Both are pure Rock-Types surprisingly. I have to say, i still prefer the Midnight form over the Midday form. Midnight just looks cooler. It also looks like Zoroark, which is my #1 favorite Pokemon.

We also get news that Pikachu and Eevee get their own Z-Moves. Eevee's Z-Move, Evoboost, stood out to me, not just because of all the Eveeloution appearances, but because it reminds me of Erza vs Azuma from Fairy Tail.
Here's Evoboost in action
Screenshot_2016-09-20-12-10-53[1].png
Screenshot_2016-09-20-12-11-16[1].png
And here's a scene from the Erza vs Azuma fight
Screenshot_2016-09-20-10-55-12[1].png
You can see why Evoboost reminds me of this scene. Evoboost is pretty much Power of Friendship.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
As promised, here are my thoughts on the recent news. Copy and pasting my thoughts from another Social I'm involved with.

Both monkeys look pretty neat, though I'm digging Passimian more. I like its color scheme more, as well as the design. It looks like a mixture of a rugby and a football player. The berry as a helmet and a berry as a ball are really nice touch. It's ability looks really interesting too. While it won't do much in Singles, it's got a lot of neat strategies for Doubles. It's up there among my favorite Alola Pokemon at the moment, and I have a feeling I'll like the Pokemon even more when I play the games.

Oranguru looks cool too. Nice to see Girafarig and Meloetta won't be the only Normal/Psychic-types now. It looks like another Doubles-oriented Pokemon thanks to its new move Instruct, and the combination with Telepathy will be pretty good.

I'm surprised that both Lycanroc forms didn't gain a secondary-type. I think it's for the best though. Giving it another type will probably increase the number of weaknesses it has, so I guess leaving it at Rock is good for now. Sand Rush on Midday Lycanroc sounds pretty cool. I think it's guaranteed that Speed will be its defining stat at this point. Vital Spirit on the Midnight Form is good too, but I'm not sure which stat will it focus on more.

Loving the trainer customization updates. Huge improvement from X/Y. What really makes me excited is that your character can wear glasses now!

Pokemon Refresh looks like a highly improved Pokemon Amie. I like how you can cure status conditions by grooming your Pokemon now.

I can already tell Ash's Pikachu will gain access to that special Z-move some point in the anime. Eve's Z-move is interesting in that it's the first one that doesn't attack the opponent. Those stat boosts look pretty nice. The eyes on each of the Eeveelutions during the attack looks rather off though, but I guess that's just me.
With Lycanroc's Midday Form and Passimian's reveal, it looks like preordering Sun was indeed the right choice for me.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Not too fond of either monkeys or Lycanroc, but....

YOU CAN TAKE OF YOUR HAT NOW! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

(Sorry but that really bugged me in XY)

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yesterday, the Fire Emblem Fates drama CDs were released in Japan. I've been looking everyone online to listen to what was in the CDs and the new batch of official character arts that was supposed to be included with them, but nothing has popped up yet. Has anyone found a page that has pictures of an unboxing of the Drama CD, and perhaps the official arts in them?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i just found this out and its kinda hilarious. Azura's Strength growth rate is 10% higher than Ike's Strength growth rate in Path of Radiance and 5% higher than Ike's Strength growth rate in Radiant Dawn.

Also, thought i'd share some of these videos i found.

When you lose a unit in a classic Fire Emblem game

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation Opening 2

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So i just found this out and its kinda hilarious. Azura's Strength growth rate is 10% higher than Ike's Strength growth rate in Path of Radiance and 5% higher than Ike's Strength growth rate in Radiant Dawn.

Literally this

Also rip Azura's defense

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Does anyone know where i can read the Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War manga (specifically the Osawa Mitsuki version)? SerenesForest has the download links but they're all in RAR format and i can't open them.

Top Bottom