• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hmm, just found the second popularity contest Japan had for Fates. Awakening had two as well I believe.

I'm kinda just laughing at how Odin is STILL in the top 10. The guy knows how to throw a performance with those theatrics.
This one is actually much older. I believe it was around the summer Famitsu did this. It was definitely before the Nintendo Dream (October) and Nintendo's official (November) popularity polls. I recall seeing more people were surprised at Oboro's high ranking than Odin's ranking but I think Odin was brought up.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The hyperbolic time chamber itself i don't mind. I've seen it happen in things like Fairy Tail and Doctor Who. Its the reason the children were sent there that i find stupid. Its not bad......but they could've found a better reason.
The time chamber itself is something I could buy.
But they only use that to explain the kids growing up so quickly. They don't explain how the babies are born so quickly. That implies that there is a time skip of around maybe 9 or 10 months every single time a new couple is S-ranked together. By the time I get all the second gen kids, Elise will be a grown adult and poor old Gunter will have died of old age.
Regardless of what I said earlier about FE13, I don't actually hate it. In fact, it's actually along my favorite FE games, despite it's flaws (appealing to a casual majority through Waifu Simulator, really easy difficulty and slutty outfits). While it manages to be super easy with all the game has to offer to you, it doesn't literally force you to use said options (granding Skirmishes, Tonics, Pair-Ups, etc.). In fact, I've been going No Pair-Up for most of my later runs to try out the difficulty and it felt pretty all right. A few characters got to me, even if it wasn't in a super deep and emotional level (because it doesn't need to be such to cause an impression to me). They ranged from fun, colorful to heartwarming (off the top of my head, these characters include Cynthia, Henry, Liz & Sumia). The game's replay value is insane. It ranges from, not only a ton of characters, but also a ton of customizations, different supports (in regards to their story value, in this aspect), DLC, etc. And since I'm a person that doesn't bring a ton of characters to field, this works really good for me.

To be honest, my favorite characters include LIBRA, Anna, Henry, Gangrel & Walhart, despite not having had mentioned them above. The game's insane and never failed to keep me latched-on to my 3DS, much like Smash did.

If a game manages to do that despite all the flaws you're against, you know it's a particularly good one.
Same here, actually. Awakening's new system actually made the game so great to me. I still think that some of the GBA games did more to give characters and world more backstory, but that doesn't matter when you won't be seeing of them without stupid amounts of support grinding. Now that I'm better at FE, Awakening's gameplay does feel kind of lame to me now, but Fates is supposed to change that by rebalancing the game to encourage offensive play again.

That's why I'm trying not to be too negative about Fates. Even if I complain about it, I know I'm going to play it to death when I get my hands on it.
WHAT

But....the 3DS...and the screens.....and.....
Are you certain that's real? Last I checked, they weren't doing DS virtual console for the 3DS.
Besides, Nintendo is way better than that. 3DSes are backwards compatible with DS games, so it'd have no problem playing a DS game as if it was an actual DS itself.

Edit: Oh wait, that's the gamepad, not a 3DS. I was confused for a second.
Nintendo has already been releasing DS games on the Wii U Eshop for a while. It's kind of weird.

Edit2:
So it seems Arthur has a belt with an "H" on it.

...The H probably stands for Harold. Good going, NoA.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

I actually like some of these translations. I like Midori because it sounds cuter.
socute -3-

Same here, actually. Awakening's new system actually made the game so great to me. I still think that some of the GBA games did more to give characters and world more backstory, but that doesn't matter when you won't be seeing of them without stupid amounts of support grinding. Now that I'm better at FE, Awakening's gameplay does feel kind of lame to me now, but Fates is supposed to change that by rebalancing the game to encourage offensive play again.

That's why I'm trying not to be too negative about Fates. Even if I complain about it, I know I'm going to play it to death when I get my hands on it.
Actually, what Awakening did was encourage offensive play a bit too much. The "strategy" was to simply throw your strongest dudes and kill everything. That's literally it. You didn't even even need to grind with powerful stuff like Pair-Ups, Tonics and Forges. Don't get me wrong, you could powerhouse in the earlier games too. It just wasn't this obvious, it took a lot more work and the chapter's goal wasn't always there (there were varieties like Seizing the throne, Defending, etc.).

Regarding Fates, give it a chance. Give it a chance like I did with Awakening, and I'm sure it'll prove me wrong one more.
Still can't get over the walking fanservice that is Camilla, tho.

Are you certain that's real? Last I checked, they weren't doing DS virtual console for the 3DS.
Besides, Nintendo is way better than that. 3DSes are backwards compatible with DS games, so it'd have no problem playing a DS game as if it was an actual DS itself.

Nintendo has already been releasing DS games on the Wii U Eshop for a while. It's kind of weird.
Too bad I still have the game...and a DS. -u-

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually, what Awakening did was encourage offensive play a bit too much. The "strategy" was to simply throw your strongest dudes and kill everything. That's literally it. You didn't even even need to grind with powerful stuff like Pair-Ups, Tonics and Forges. Don't get me wrong, you could powerhouse in the earlier games too. It just wasn't this obvious, it took a lot more work and the chapter's goal wasn't always there (there were varieties like Seizing the throne, Defending, etc.).
When I said "defensively", I guess I meant more slowly. You could rush things, but you could also just go slowly and pick enemies off one by one and do even better. They only incentive to move quickly was the occasional thief.

In Fates, enemies apparently get "aggroed" in groups. So, if you tried to pick one enemy off, you'll get a small group of them raiding you instead. HP is all around lower, and the new "attack stance" pair up - which enemies now take advantage of as well - means characters will be doing a lot of damage.

While Awakening was about tanking everything and bringing down enemies one-by-one, Fates is apparently more about taking out groups of enemies before they gang up on one of your guys the next turn.

Or so I've heard. Of course, I haven't played Fates myself yet, but that's what I've seen some of the more hardcore fans say, and what they do say certainly does make sense.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
O̶k̶,̶ ̶o̶d̶d̶ ̶M̶y̶s̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶m̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶i̶d̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶L̶C̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶d̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶.̶
*Edit About 2 weeks late...
  • February 19, 2016: Free Before Awakening, with an Exalt’s Brand or Hero’s Brand as the first time reward and pebble every time.
  • February 25, 2016: $2.49 Boo Camp with experience as a reward.
  • February 25, 2016: $2.49 Beach Brawl with event illustration reward.
  • March 3, 2016: $2.49 Ghostly Gold with gold as a reward.
  • March 3, 2016: $2.49 Museum Melee with weapons as a reward.
  • March 17, 2016: $2.49 Royal Royale with an item that raises all stats as a first time reward and a Dread Scroll/ Ebon Wing every time.
  • March 24, 2016: $4.49 Hidden Truths I and II with Fell Brand / First Blood rewards.
  • March 31, 2016: $1.99 Vanguard Dawn with Vanguard Brand reward.
  • April 7, 2016: $1.99 Anna on the Run with Anna joining the party as the first time reward.
  • April 14, 2016: $1.99 Ballistician Blitz with Sighting Lens that adds the Ballistician class reward.
  • April 21, 2016: $1.99 Witches’ Trial with Witch’s Mark that adds the Witch class reward.

Also, how glorious would this be if Roy could do this in his game? Got the Jojo pose going and everything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Waiting for tomorrow rather impatiently for the weekly tournament. I just want to play Smash~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *lacks a WiiU & Smash 3DS*

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
But they only use that to explain the kids growing up so quickly. They don't explain how the babies are born so quickly. That implies that there is a time skip of around maybe 9 or 10 months every single time a new couple is S-ranked together. By the time I get all the second gen kids, Elise will be a grown adult and poor old Gunter will have died of old age.

Edit2:

Clearly the H stands for HERO

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
WHAT

If Japan is getting that soon, Then Shadow Dragon will be coming to the Western Wii U Eshop sometime this year.

[/spoiler]

Also, how glorious would this be if Roy could do this in his game? Got the Jojo pose going and everything.

I love how Hector comes out of nowhere.......I just realized Hector is avenging his own death.
Your right. They don't explain how the children are born so quickly. This is gonna sound INCREDIBLY stupid but let's just assume that it doesn't take 9 months for a child to be born in Fates. At the same time, this is a game where you apparently get married almost instantly after confessing so.......I don't know. Its a fantasy game, let it take some liberties, even if it makes zero sense. You also said "By the time I get all the second gen kids, Elise will be a grown adult and poor old Gunter will have died of old age" for that, just apply the anime age logic.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
If Japan is getting that soon, Then Shadow Dragon will be coming to the Western Wii U Eshop sometime this year.
But I have Shadow Dragon downloaded on the Wii U from at least 2 months...
Really the US doesn't have it already?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Europe got it first, surprisingly enough. Even Japan are seven months behind Europe for this one. I was as surprised as anyone, since usually Europe are dead last.
Still didn't buy it though.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Nope. The US doesn't have it. Although we might be seeing it soon.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I feel like I'm having a lucky streak. As I mentioned before, I bought Fire Emblem White Kingdom used at half price (used games in Japan tend to be in impeccable state) and I'm almost through with that campaign so I was preparing myself to buy the two other paths which according to Serenes cost 2000 yen each (around 16 bucks). I go to the in-game store and to my surprise each one of them is actually 1000 yen contrary to what I expected, I don't know why but perhaps since the game is over 6 months old here they might have cut the price of the DLC paths. Basically, it means that I got all three paths for a total of 32 dollars!! This must be my lucky day.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WHAT

#Logic

Edit2:

Change the H into a W
socute -3-

Regarding Fates, give it a chance. Give it a chance like I did with Awakening, and I'm sure it'll prove me wrong one more.
Still can't get over the walking fanservice that is Camilla, tho.

Too bad I still have the game...and a DS. -u-
BUT powerhousing is fun

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
O̶k̶,̶ ̶o̶d̶d̶ ̶M̶y̶s̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶m̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶i̶d̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶L̶C̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶d̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶.̶
*Edit About 2 weeks late...
  • February 19, 2016: Free Before Awakening, with an Exalt’s Brand or Hero’s Brand as the first time reward and pebble every time.
  • February 25, 2016: $2.49 Boo Camp with experience as a reward.
  • February 25, 2016: $2.49 Beach Brawl with event illustration reward.
  • March 3, 2016: $2.49 Ghostly Gold with gold as a reward.
  • March 3, 2016: $2.49 Museum Melee with weapons as a reward.
  • March 17, 2016: $2.49 Royal Royale with an item that raises all stats as a first time reward and a Dread Scroll/ Ebon Wing every time.
  • March 24, 2016: $4.49 Hidden Truths I and II with Fell Brand / First Blood rewards.
  • March 31, 2016: $1.99 Vanguard Dawn with Vanguard Brand reward.
  • April 7, 2016: $1.99 Anna on the Run with Anna joining the party as the first time reward.
  • April 14, 2016: $1.99 Ballistician Blitz with Sighting Lens that adds the Ballistician class reward.
  • April 21, 2016: $1.99 Witches’ Trial with Witch’s Mark that adds the Witch class reward.
So I have to wait until March 24 to turn my Avatar into a Grandmaster. ...great. At least, I'll be getting Dread Fighter for Conquest, I guess.

Also, why bother with Witch if the only use of Shadowgift in Fates is to use the only Dark Magic tome in this game, Nosferatu, which is now super-gimped? I mean, it only heals you for half the damage you deal, you can't double, trigger crits or skills.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
So I have to wait until March 24 to turn my Avatar into a Grandmaster. ...great. At least, I'll be getting Dread Fighter for Conquest, I guess.

Also, why bother with Witch if the only use of Shadowgift in Fates is to use the only Dark Magic tome in this game, Nosferatu, which is now super-gimped? I mean, it only heals you for half the damage you deal, you can't double, trigger crits or skills.
Witches gets an op skill called "Warp" it instantly teleport you to an ally and you can perform another action and that's pretty insane.
Here you can watch it in action:

Witches also looks really cool.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
This is the second time the Witch class makes an appearance. The first time was in Fire Emblem Gaiden. But in Gaiden, Witches were enemy exclusive. This is the first time where the Witch class is actually playable. Plus, its Gaiden recognition and as Gaiden is the most underrated Fire Emblem game, more Gaiden recognition gets the official Armagon seal of approval.

I guess Shenmei is Arete now?
I actually prefer Arete over Shenmei. It creates a nice contrast.
Arete and Mikoto are sisters. Arete is a Greek name in Greek mythology. And Greece is in Europe. Nohr is based on Europe. Mikoto is a Japanese name. And Hoshido is based on Japan. Arete became the queen of Nohr (for a short while) while Mikoto became queen of Hoshido.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Clearly the H stands for HERO
I guess Shenmei is Arete now?
"In Greek the meaning of the name Arete is: Beauty."

Makes sense, I actually kind of like this change. Plus it makes more sense for the naming asthetic of Nohr.

Also, I know I shared this already, but I found a higher res image of those custom Fem Corrin palettes!

(RosaCorrin and PeachCorrin top tier)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ooooo discounted prices for extra routes. Guess I'll pick up Invisible Kingdom for the sake of taking advantage of the offer. But actually go through the route when I get the Special Edition.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

"In Greek the meaning of the name Arete is: Beauty."

Makes sense, I actually kind of like this change. Plus it makes more sense for the naming asthetic of Nohr.

Also, I know I shared this already, but I found a higher res image of those custom Fem Corrin palettes!

(RosaCorrin and PeachCorrin top tier)
Arete is kinda hot too so it works.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
User was warned for this post

'Cause Witches come with a hat.

I assume DLC class items carry over to new playthroughs? I want a Witchy Fem Corrin.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I find it odd that DS games comes out on the Wii U eShop.
But then again, why Nintendo even bother doing it when we can just play the actual games on the 3DS?
Maybe that's the point I guess

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
will the wii u ds games have the ds overlay on it? it looks really annoying to look at

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So, in GameXplain's recent Fates video, we hear a few more English voices. I can't tell if Severa/Selena has the same voice actor or not. We also hear Beruka's English VA as well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, in GameXplain's recent Fates video, we hear a few more English voices. I can't tell if Severa/Selena has the same voice actor or not. We also hear Beruka's English VA as well.
Several returns after all this time...

Then a Micheal Bay version of Fire Emblem happens, and we kill him.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I find it odd that DS games comes out on the Wii U eShop.
But then again, why Nintendo even bother doing it when we can just play the actual games on the 3DS?
Awakening's huge success caused a sudden spike in demand for other Fire Emblem games. The problem is that these games are out of print.

Just look up Shadow Dragon's price. And after that, look up Path of Radiance. They don't come cheap.
Which is why Nintendo needs to stop screwing around and put Radiant Dawn on the Wii U eshop already. I swear, I'm never going to get my hands on that game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Phew. Finally finished with a huge project I've spent the last couple weeks working on. Now I can finally have that off my back and be ready for Fates!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Awakening's huge success caused a sudden spike in demand for other Fire Emblem games. The problem is that these games are out of print.

Just look up Shadow Dragon's price. And after that, look up Path of Radiance. They don't come cheap.
Which is why Nintendo needs to stop screwing around and put Radiant Dawn on the Wii U eshop already. I swear, I'm never going to get my hands on that game.
Here's what Nintendo needs to do:
1. Translate and release the first 6 Fire Emblem games and the 12th Fire Emblem game on both 3DS and Wii U Eshops.
2. Path of Radiance HD
3. Radiant Dawn on virtual console.
Alternatively, Nintendo could do this (but it would take a heck of a long time):
1. Take Shadow Dragon, Gaiden, Mystery of the Emblem, and Awakening, put them in one disc, call it "Fire Emblem: Archanea Saga", and release it worldwide.
2. Take Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, put them in one disc/cartridge, call it "Fire Emblem: Jugdral Saga" and release it worldwide.
3. Take Sword of Flame and The Binding Blade, put them in one disc/cartridge, call it "Fire Emblem: Elibe Saga" and release it worldwide.
4. Take Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, put them in one disc, call it "Fire Emblem: Tellius Saga" and release it worldwide.
Regardless of how they do it, it can end up being a very big success for them.
Meanwhile Sacred Stones and the continent of Magvel are forever alone.

Top Bottom