• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
O̶k̶,̶ ̶o̶d̶d̶ ̶M̶y̶s̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶m̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶i̶d̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶L̶C̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶d̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶.̶
*Edit About 2 weeks late...
  • February 19, 2016: Free Before Awakening, with an Exalt’s Brand or Hero’s Brand as the first time reward and pebble every time.
  • February 25, 2016: $2.49 Boo Camp with experience as a reward.
  • February 25, 2016: $2.49 Beach Brawl with event illustration reward.
  • March 3, 2016: $2.49 Ghostly Gold with gold as a reward.
  • March 3, 2016: $2.49 Museum Melee with weapons as a reward.
  • March 17, 2016: $2.49 Royal Royale with an item that raises all stats as a first time reward and a Dread Scroll/ Ebon Wing every time.
  • March 24, 2016: $4.49 Hidden Truths I and II with Fell Brand / First Blood rewards.
  • March 31, 2016: $1.99 Vanguard Dawn with Vanguard Brand reward.
  • April 7, 2016: $1.99 Anna on the Run with Anna joining the party as the first time reward.
  • April 14, 2016: $1.99 Ballistician Blitz with Sighting Lens that adds the Ballistician class reward.
  • April 21, 2016: $1.99 Witches’ Trial with Witch’s Mark that adds the Witch class reward.

Also, how glorious would this be if Roy could do this in his game? Got the Jojo pose going and everything.

What dies the Exalt's Brand and Hero's Brand do?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's what Nintendo needs to do:
1. Translate and release the first 6 Fire Emblem games and the 12th Fire Emblem game on both 3DS and Wii U Eshops.
2. Path of Radiance HD
3. Radiant Dawn on virtual console.
Alternatively, Nintendo could do this (but it would take a heck of a long time):
1. Take Shadow Dragon, Gaiden, Mystery of the Emblem, and Awakening, put them in one disc, call it "Fire Emblem: Archanea Saga", and release it worldwide.
2. Take Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, put them in one disc/cartridge, call it "Fire Emblem: Jugdral Saga" and release it worldwide.
3. Take Sword of Flame and The Binding Blade, put them in one disc/cartridge, call it "Fire Emblem: Elibe Saga" and release it worldwide.
4. Take Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, put them in one disc, call it "Fire Emblem: Tellius Saga" and release it worldwide.
Regardless of how they do it, it can end up being a very big success for them.
Meanwhile Sacred Stones and the continent of Magvel are forever alone.
That'd be great, but I don't see them going back and translating outdated games. Especially ones like the Tellius games which didn't exactly do well.
Our best bet is just they put up ones they've already translated up on VC. Since it doesn't look like we'll be getting Gamecube games any time soon, I only have hope for RD being put on the Wii.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What dies the Exalt's Brand and Hero's Brand do?
Exalt's Brand: Permanently unlocks the Great Lord class on the unit who used it (Females only).
Hero's Brand: Permanently unlocks the Lodestar class on the unit who used it (Males only).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Exalt's Brand: Permanently unlocks the Great Lord class on the unit who used it (Females only).
Hero's Brand: Permanently unlocks the Lodestar class on the unit who used it (Males only).
Hmm... Maybe when I get those I'll make Odin a Lodestar..

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
That'd be great, but I don't see them going back and translating outdated games. Especially ones like the Tellius games which didn't exactly do well.
Our best bet is just they put up ones they've already translated up on VC. Since it doesn't look like we'll be getting Gamecube games any time soon, I only have hope for RD being put on the Wii.
(i didn't reply to this earlier because it would've been a double post) The main reason the Tellius games didn't do so well was because nobody really cared about Fire Emblem back then. But now that Fire Emblem has become one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, should the Tellius games be re-released, they might sell better. The Tellius games would become instant best-sellers if they were remade for the Wii U or NX and they add Amiibo compatibility. Because Amiibo is a selling point for Nintendo games now (only if the Amiibo function is actually good and not Amiibo Festival).

Edit: The Japan-Only FE titles might also get localized and put on VC due to how popular the series has gotten. They localized the first game in the series (Shadow Dragon was a remake of the original FE). They should continue localizing the rest.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
(i didn't reply to this earlier because it would've been a double post) The main reason the Tellius games didn't do so well was because nobody really cared about Fire Emblem back then. But now that Fire Emblem has become one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, should the Tellius games be re-released, they might sell better. The Tellius games would become instant best-sellers if they were remade for the Wii U or NX and they add Amiibo compatibility. Because Amiibo is a selling point for Nintendo games now (only if the Amiibo function is actually good and not Amiibo Festival).
Also Ike being in Smash Bros twice helps with the Tellius games.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Also, I know I shared this already, but I found a higher res image of those custom Fem Corrin palettes!

(RosaCorrin and PeachCorrin top tier)
I've said this before, I'll say it again. That custom Rosalina alt is the best. :D

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't of don't like any of those fan alts. Those color schemes look kind of obnoxious on Corrin to me.
Edit: The Japan-Only FE titles might also get localized and put on VC due to how popular the series has gotten. They localized the first game in the series (Shadow Dragon was a remake of the original FE). They should continue localizing the rest.
How many games has Nintendo really done that with, though?
There's a reason localization takes so long. They aren't just fan translations, they have to change the dialogue to suit the new audience. And, if former experience proves anything(looking at you, Mother 3), they won't be willing to pool precious resources into going through that lengthy process for some outdated, niche titles.

And even if Awakening made the series better known, they are still niche. They'll probably do well, but not enough for Nintendo to care.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sakura's shy. I'm incredibly shy, so I kind of relate to her more.

Still siding with Nohr though. Sorry Sakura.
#ChooseThePathThatRocks

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Revelations seems to be the heat storyline so far

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm told Revelations has the least impressive gameplay of the three versions.
Remember when I said I heard the AI attacks you in groups? Not in Revelations, apparently. A lot of the Nohrian characters are apparently super underleveled when you recruit them to, so you have to grind if you want to use them, which is kind of dumb. And they apparently almost never have enemies in guard stance. There's also a lot of gimmick, but they often just slow the pace of the game down rather than make it more interesting.

I'll bet that that route was rushed. But hey, at least there's more supports.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Who between Elise and Sakura do you all like more?
I like Sakura's design more, but I prefer Elise's personality.

In the end I'd have to say Sakura, even though I'm all about Nohr, but it's close as hell. Damn IS for making them both so adorable!

Also, thought this was relevant considering your question.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm told Revelations has the least impressive gameplay of the three versions.
Remember when I said I heard the AI attacks you in groups? Not in Revelations, apparently. A lot of the Nohrian characters are apparently super underleveled when you recruit them to, so you have to grind if you want to use them, which is kind of dumb. And they apparently almost never have enemies in guard stance. There's also a lot of gimmick, but they often just slow the pace of the game down rather than make it more interesting.

I'll bet that that route was rushed. But hey, at least there's more supports.
Who cares I'll still play it(besides, I don't think Revelations needs to be complex or emotional like Birthright and Conquest)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think I'll make Benny a Dread Fighter when it becomes available
*in Owain's / Odin's voice* BEHOLD! AND BE TERRIFIED AND BE PETRIFIED OF... BENNY THE DREAD FIGHTER! :p

Y'know, Benny could pull whole "this huge guy who's carrying the real contestant"... Hmm... I guess Elise or Foleo could work for the real contestant.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm leaning towards Sakura at the moment, but I guess that's because of my Hoshido bias and I find her shy personality more personable to me. It could easily change once I get to experience Fates to its fullest. We'll see.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
....Okay, that's enough internet for one day.

...Nah, who am I kidding. There's no such thing as too much internet. I've got a paper I need to procrastinate some more!
Not enough internet you say?
tumblr_o15irxn8rG1uvxqczo1_1280.png
tumblr_o15irxn8rG1uvxqczo2_1280.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Just came back from the Versus weekly. Did pretty damn awful. Came out 44th out of 98 (compared to last week's 9th out of 92). Although, this time around, I felt determined to simply go all-out Corrin (as opposed to last one, where I went Bowser in a set against MVD). I felt pretty disappointed, but my game wasn't at the top of it's own since I pretty much stepped in there, today. Ironically, I did way worse than last week's tournament where I just picked up Corrin and just threw her in there despite the premature timing (had like 1-2 hours of practice, in the same tournament).

I was borderline tempted not to report my results, but I figured, that'd only be dishonest of me. Not to mention, once I get going, this will be but a fun memory (if in some other realm the definition of "fun" happens to be barely placing over half the people there...).

She still feels a little weird and it takes a lot of my mind. With that said, I don't want to drop her just because I suck with her. I really want to improve and be the best one around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
A fun little combo Mr. II made for double Corrins.

Also, Toine is an artist who mixes traditional ink with digital colors and made a series of images for F!Corrin that look pretty nice.

I'm kinda surprised on how much I like her ferocious personality.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
She still feels a little weird and it takes a lot of my mind. With that said, I don't want to drop her just because I suck with her. I really want to improve and be the best one around.
If it means anything, I haven't been doing great with Corrin. I don't attend any tournies, but my skills with her still aren't on par with Mewtwo and Charizard yet. But I sucked at Mewtwo for a long time when I first picked him up, but now he's pretty equal with my 'Zard.

Picking up new mains is hard, but you'll get it in time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So my younger sister was explaining Nyx to my older sister, and said that she's actually an old lady. I stepped into the conversation to correct her, but I wasn't even able to finish my sentence before my younger sister got suddenly got angry and shouted at me for "always arguing with her".

My mom, who had been trying to sleep, came out to figure out what the yelling was about. My older sister said we were fighting over Fire Emblem. So, uh, she claimed that she'd changed her mind on buying the two versions for us.

Then my younger sister got depressed and started crying over it because she "ruined everything". Now she's suddenly back to normal. Ugh, her mood swings are the absolute worst.

I hope my mom wasn't serious about that.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Just one more week left for Fates! One more week to decide your path!

D

Deleted member 189823

If it means anything, I haven't been doing great with Corrin. I don't attend any tournies, but my skills with her still aren't on par with Mewtwo and Charizard yet. But I sucked at Mewtwo for a long time when I first picked him up, but now he's pretty equal with my 'Zard.

Picking up new mains is hard, but you'll get it in time.
This really reminds me about the time I was picking up ZSS. I was awful with her. Either I had some misconception about how to use the character or something, but I just couldn't. Corrin's really putting up a fight with me. I get burned out when I use her.

I feel so stubborn now that I just want to keep playing Smash. >______> Except I don't have a WiiU...or the 3DS game. I feel so stubborn about doing so poorly I just want to make up to it, somehow. I don't think I'll sleep tonight. I really want to get better...

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Elise is an annoying hyperactive brat. Sakura is shy and quiet. Just as in real life, I like my ladies to be more clumsy and bashful. It's cuter than the whole "Onii-chan look at me. Onii-chan. ONII-CHAN" angle

D

Deleted member 189823

A fun little combo Mr. II made for double Corrins.
...I'm not entirely sure on what I just saw.

Also Toine an artist who mixes traditional ink with digital colors made a series images for F!Corrin that look pretty nice.

I'm kinda surprised on how much I like her ferocious personality.
Yeah, it's cool. Like, an actual female warrior and not just a pretty girl posing as one.

Just one more week left for Fates! One more week to decide your path!

I'm actually looking forward to this game.

D

Deleted member 189823

In other news, I can pretty much confirm Corrin simply isn't exactly built to approach. At least not what I had in mind (approaching with F-Air/N-Air A-La-Marth/Lucina). Corrin's game seems to revolve a lot more on being defensive and try to see if you can "open up" the opponent to get those insane strings in on. Our Grab game isn't exactly terrible at fulfilling said purpose, as we get them into the air. That's where the profit ought to come. We get a freaking ton when the opponent is in the air. Today, in friendlies, I did this insane comeback that had me punishing landings 3 times. It was, exactly:

1rst landing: Punish landing with Instant Pin Dragon Lunge
2nd: Same exact thing, but to the opposite side (that's already about 35%)
3rd one? Pivot Tipper F-Smash.

It was insane. That's already 50+% of damage.

Basically, the main problem I have with this character is approaching. But once you're in, you're definitely in.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me! Believe in the Kamui who believes in you!"
"This drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!"

— Kamui
CERTAIN KILL! GIGAAAAAAA.......DRILLLLLLLLLLL...........BRREEEEEAKEEEEEEEEEEEER!
....Now, I can't unsee that for FSmash and Dragon Lunge.

Top Bottom