• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So GameXplain is uploading more English Fates content.
I'm actually not gonna watch it for two reasons.
1. This is one of the few Fates spoilers I haven't seen and I want to find out how it plays out for myself.
2. He doesn't marry Azura (but even if he did, I would still wait until I actually get the game).

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
1. This is one of the few Fates spoilers I haven't seen and I want to find out how it plays out for myself.
2. He doesn't marry Azura (but even if he did, I would still wait until I actually get the game).
I STILL can't get used to that voice. RIP Hope for Felicia's cute dubbed voice :crying:
Edit: Idk why I don't like it maybe because I heard her subbed voice and thought, she's going to get the cute clumsy VA dubbed.
Then heard those 3 words "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE!' now I have trouble with her voice (top kek lel). If only I knew who her VA was then I'd sit down and think on what the team was trying to accomplish with her VA as a character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Trying to decide on a co-main is never fun. I guess I'm sticking with Ike at the moment considering I've been playing him for a while now and he compliments my Dedede the best. Too early for me to say how good my Corrin will end up being in the long run but I'm definitely sticking with him as well.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I STILL can't get used to that voice. RIP Hope for Felicia's cute dubbed voice :crying:
Edit: Idk why I don't like it maybe because I heard her subbed voice and thought, she's going to get the cute clumsy VA dubbed.
Then heard those 3 words "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE!' now I have trouble with her voice (top kek lel). If only I knew who her VA was then I'd sit down and think on what the team was trying to accomplish with her VA as a character.
You know, Felicia reminds me of Olivia from Awakening. Both have cute Japanese voices but their English voices are more mature sounding. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't fit their character.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I still don't get why people are complaining about Felicia's voice.
"We've got trouble!"

It's that one line that people will never live down in regards to the dub.

"It's not Felicia's JP voice actor speaking English! It's ****!"
ピエリ_st_キメ.png

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
"I'll soak these fields with your blood!"

Why can't he say something like that in Smash?

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
You know, Felicia reminds me of Olivia from Awakening. Both have cute Japanese voices but their English voices are more mature sounding. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't fit their character.
I don't get this complaint. Voices fit tropes or archetypes, not characters. In real life you aren't automatically shy or cute if you have a lighter voice.

D

Deleted member

I'm just sayin' right now, Orange Female is the best Corrin alt. Otherwise, you're doing it wrong.:4diddy:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder whom the alts are based off of? Orange for Oboro? Pink for Effie? Black for... Beruka??

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I don't get this complaint. Voices fit tropes or archetypes, not characters. In real life you aren't automatically shy or cute if you have a lighter voice.
I'm not complaining. That's also not what i meant. Both Felicia and Olivia look to be in their teens. But their English voices make them sound like adults in their early-mid twenties. What i meant about voice fitting the characters is their age. But again, both voices are fine.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The explanation for second gen characters in Fates is so flawed and stupid. I won't waste energy ranting about it, but ugh.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
Yep. At least in Awakening all the kids were basically Trunks, while the kids in Fates are from the hyperbolic time chamber.

Also someone should make a Corrin montage using "Rock The Dragon".

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Yeah!

I wanna hear Peri's voice.
her voice at 2:26 (How did Yuno get in anyway I thought she done with dimensional travel)
Dat narration tho too.

Also this comment killed me after this commercial of Fates:

"Risk paying the highest price for victory..." You mean $80, right?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
More name updates!

Midoriko -> Midori

Nacht -> Nichol

Sophie is still Sophie
1455143284700.png

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Ok, I know this is like off topic, but does anyone have an application that I can create fire emblem fates pairs with for visual stuff. Also #OborokinsFTW #PieriKillsHates

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I actually like some of these translations. I like Midori because it sounds cuter.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Midori literally means green in Japanese so it wasn't a huge loss for Kaze's daughter.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I lied before when I said that Male Corrin's voice was better than Male Robin's... Because I actually went on to play Male Corrin for the first time. How could anyone do that? Lol. Femui is god tier

Also, I love Corrin more and more and more every day. Such a fun character to use.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The explanation for second gen characters in Fates is so flawed and stupid. I won't waste energy ranting about it, but ugh.
The hyperbolic time chamber itself i don't mind. I've seen it happen in things like Fairy Tail and Doctor Who. Its the reason the children were sent there that i find stupid. Its not bad......but they could've found a better reason.

More name updates!

Midoriko -> Midori

Nacht -> Nichol

Sophie is still SophieView attachment 96213
I like these names. But they renamed Sophie's horse from Able to Avel. Shadow Dragon reference ruined.

So Deere is Dwyer now.
Unpronounceable names (at least for me) FTW.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
More name updates!

Midoriko -> Midori

Nacht -> Nichol

Sophie is still SophieView attachment 96213
Midori Days! ... Oh... She actually has similar hair color and hair style... Well... this got a bit awkward(ly funny).

Yes, she, Midori, is his, Seiji's, hand.

So Deere is Dwyer now.
Apparently it's also Gaelic. It's like "dweer" if you go with Irish meaning it should be spelt like Duibhir or you go with "de-wire" which I guess is the "English" way of saying it. It means "black".

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
One of my friends in high school's name was Devin Dwyer. He was from Dublin, but he just pronounced it like it's spelled.

Course he may have been doing that for the benefit of us stupid Americans.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Hmm, just found the second popularity contest Japan had for Fates. Awakening had two as well I believe.

I'm kinda just laughing at how Odin is STILL in the top 10. The guy knows how to throw a performance with those theatrics.

Also, I can't believe I haven't mentioned this on here yet. This random guy went to a convention and ran into David Vincent and Matthew Mercer(Robin and Chrom) and asked them to sign his Knights of Isis artbook.
tumblr_inline_nhya2mhN5i1shhmlx.jpg

tumblr_inline_nhya560gxq1shhmlx.jpg

Apparently the Chrom one was a request, one that made Matthew Mercer burst out laughing. And even better, later on he went to another con and ran into Laura Bailey and showed her the autographs. And so:

tumblr_inline_nhya560gxq1shhmlx1.jpg

D

Deleted member 189823

Regardless of what I said earlier about FE13, I don't actually hate it. In fact, it's actually along my favorite FE games, despite it's flaws (appealing to a casual majority through Waifu Simulator, really easy difficulty and slutty outfits). While it manages to be super easy with all the game has to offer to you, it doesn't literally force you to use said options (granding Skirmishes, Tonics, Pair-Ups, etc.). In fact, I've been going No Pair-Up for most of my later runs to try out the difficulty and it felt pretty all right. A few characters got to me, even if it wasn't in a super deep and emotional level (because it doesn't need to be such to cause an impression to me). They ranged from fun, colorful to heartwarming (off the top of my head, these characters include Cynthia, Henry, Liz & Sumia). The game's replay value is insane. It ranges from, not only a ton of characters, but also a ton of customizations, different supports (in regards to their story value, in this aspect), DLC, etc. And since I'm a person that doesn't bring a ton of characters to field, this works really good for me.

To be honest, my favorite characters include LIBRA, Anna, Henry, Gangrel & Walhart, despite not having had mentioned them above. The game's insane and never failed to keep me latched-on to my 3DS, much like Smash did.

If a game manages to do that despite all the flaws you're against, you know it's a particularly good one.

Top Bottom