• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
-Teatime(and really, Virion does know a thing about tea and teatime, contrary to Brady's father support).
-Inigo mentions that future Olivia was suggested by somebody the idea of talking to girls to help improve his shyness. Gee, wonder who could that be...
Actually, funnily enough, it's Maribelle that teaches Olivia about hitting on girls! She teaches Olivia to hit on guys to gain confidence, but The teatime could also stem from her...

Calling it now, the Corrin amiibo will let you play as Arceus with a Draco Plate and a Splash Plate.Note that Odin has strangely high attack for a Dark Mage.
Fun Fact: If you reclass him to Samurai or one if its promotions, he still wears a yellow color scheme. Hm, I wonder why that would be.
Odin... you're a nut... and I'm sure that I'll love you.

Have you guys heard his new quote? "MY ACHING BLOOD!!!!" His VA doesn't sound the same. I wonder if he got replaced or he's just taking a different direction?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually, funnily enough, it's Maribelle that teaches Olivia about hitting on girls! She teaches Olivia to hit on guys to gain confidence, but The teatime could also stem from her...

Odin... you're a nut... and I'm sure that I'll love you.

Have you guys heard his new quote? "MY ACHING BLOOD!!!!" His VA doesn't sound the same. I wonder if he got replaced or he's just taking a different direction?
Actually, a different direction WOULD make sense, new identity and all. Is this true for Lazlo and Tsundere ****

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Actually, a different direction WOULD make sense, new identity and all. Is this true for Lazlo and Tsundere ****
I like this explanation. Also, Odin is older than... he was... so it makes sense for his voice to be different too.

Still... Laslow needs Liam O'brian or I am so done...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I like this explanation. Also, Odin is older than... he was... so it makes sense for his voice to be different too.

Still... Laslow needs Liam O'brian or I am so done...
Carlos Alazraqui or GTFO
Blame my dislike for Archers
Archers are always **** state-wise before Fates, so we judge them as characters

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i found what may be the localized version of (M)Corrin x Soleil supports
From the looks of it, Soleil still has her weakness of cute girls but for a different reason....and said reason is actually a bit silly. Take this with a grain of salt though, i don't know exactly how credible this source is.

Edit: Take this with a HUGE grain of salt.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
There's actually an interesting twist to this. In Awakening, each child-bearing character has a single character that they can gain support with easier than with anyone else (support growth). The pairings are-
Really? I'm interested...
Chrom and Sumia
Unsurprising.
Lissa and Vaike
Nice! Blond-haired Owain and one of the good supports IMO. Not to mention I always figured Vaike would be a good reason for Owain's dialogue.
Frederick and Maribelle
Not bad.
Virion and Cherche
Unsurprising and nice. Their supports was also one of the good ones IMO.
Kellam and Sully
**** YEAH!!!! Somebody pick up that phone cause I FRICKEN CALLED IT!!!! Also, while not one of the best ones, their supports were pretty decent. Also, Kjelle being a knight, her official hair color being black and her and Kellam having one of "The" best Father/Child conversations in Future Past.
Stahl and Miriel
That one is rather disappointing. Not to mention their supports were one of the not-good ones.
Ricken and Panne
I know Ricken likes animals, yet it still comes as odd.
Gaius and Tharja
Huh...Not exactly surprising, but still...
Libra and Cordelia
Really? I mean, their supports with each other were good, but that one I didn't expect to see happen.
Gregor and Nowi
Not too surprising as well.
Henry and Olivia
Huh...also didn't expect that either. That being said, their supports, like Libra/Cordelia, were pretty decent as well. Not to mention Henry/Inigo in Future Past was pretty good.
... Oh, I misspoke... the kids also have "canon" pairings!
Continue...
Owain and Kjelle (strong fighters?)
Inigo and Cynthia (flighty and flirty?)Brady and Severa (YES)(also, snark and bark)Gerome and Nah (dragons FTW)Yarne and Noire (Uh... v.2)Lucina and Laurent (the mature ones)
Some I can't remember, so I have re-read some of those. That being said, Yarne and Noire is rather fitting considering their cowardly natures. But I'm definitely happy for Lucina and Laurent, as I thought that was one of the best support ones with one of the better S-supports. Also much better than Lucina/Gerome.
Everyone else is forever alone (Lon'qu and Donnel most notably).
You can see more about it here- http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/supports/support-growth/
Lol. On my first playthrough, those 2 were the ones I made wife-less. Not too surprised for Lon'qu, although I did think he was going to be either for Lissa or Olivia(not to mention those 2 were some of his more decent supports). And that's rather depressing about Donnel, as I thought most of his supports were pretty good and he felt like one of the obvious ones to have a wife.
Actually, funnily enough, it's Maribelle that teaches Olivia about hitting on girls! She teaches Olivia to hit on guys to gain confidence,
I knew there was a reason for that massive itching on my head. When I was typing that part, I kept thinking about her and kept thinking, "I know Maribelle was trying to do things with Olivia, but was hitting on girls one of them?" I got to re-read some supports to refill my memory.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
From the looks of it, Soleil still has her weakness of cute girls but for a different reason....and said reason is actually a bit silly. Take this with a grain of salt though, i don't know exactly how credible this source is.

*sees site title* Ooookay...Let's see
'I hate girls' 'slaves' BWAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! THAT WOULD MEAN HER UNIQUE GIRL LOVER SKILL GETS CHANGED TOO AND THAT SYMBOL IS A HEART!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

"Soleil: (pauses) you see I have a problem with ‘cute’ girls."

Seems legit. I don't believe this at all.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

I really have my doubts- that support was horrible. The writing was so basic and the characters seemed so wooden... wait... this article is from July... trolling to the extreme.

Hypothetically, if she did faint for that reason, it'd completely change her character. The best rewrite I could think of is making her want to be one of the "popular" girls (think movie cheerleaders) and unfortunately her tomboy nature would never allow her to be one.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I really have my doubts- that support was horrible. The writing was so basic and the characters seemed so wooden... wait... this article is from July... trolling to the extreme.

Hypothetically, if she did faint for that reason, it'd completely change her character. The best rewrite I could think of is making her want to be one of the "popular" girls (think movie cheerleaders) and unfortunately her tomboy nature would never allow her to be one.
I did not see the date. I'm a fraud. Let's give that article credit though: It DID predict that Soleil's supports with Corrin would be changed in localization.

Last edited:

Glory Blaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
GloryBlaze37
I'm like 99% sure that the fake support convo is supposed to be satire, judging from the very sarcastic-seeming text before and after about how glad the site is that Nintendo took precautions to avoid offending people.

Assuming that I'm correct and it is satire, the bad writing is probably on purpose and I do admit that the convo got a chuckle or two out of me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I did not see the date. I'm a fraud. Let's give that article credit though: It DID predict that Soleil's supports with Corrin would be changed in localization.
After the uproar it caused, who didn't see that coming, though?
Edit:
I'm like 99% sure that the fake support convo is supposed to be satire, judging from the very sarcastic-seeming text before and after about how glad the site is that Nintendo took precautions to avoid offending people.

Assuming that I'm correct and it is satire, the bad writing is probably on purpose and I do admit that the convo got a chuckle or two out of me.
Yeah, I just checked the homepage.
I'm pretty sure that whole website is satirical.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
**** YEAH!!!! Somebody pick up that phone cause I FRICKEN CALLED IT!!!! Also, while not one of the best ones, their supports were pretty decent. Also, Kjelle being a knight, her official hair color being black and her and Kellam having one of "The" best Father/Child conversations in Future Past.
Nice. Both Sully and Kellam (lol) are usually forgotten by me when I'm playing since I don't like Kjelle and I'm not a big fan of knights. I'll have to look into that support.

Huh...Not exactly surprising, but still...
Funnily enough, Gaius and Tharja is one of the few pairing that gets Noire Galeforce :p

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I'm pretty sure this is satire.

B Support
Kamui: Soleil I have something for you. It is these pair of glasses.
Soleil: This is much better then drinking some potion. What do these glasses do?
---
Kamui: Looks like these are a huge success. You see these glasses make you see other girls look much larger and uglier.

July 9 2015

Yep. You got played like a damn fiddle.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm pretty sure this is satire.

B Support
Kamui: Soleil I have something for you. It is these pair of glasses.
Soleil: This is much better then drinking some potion. What do these glasses do?
---
Kamui: Looks like these are a huge success. You see these glasses make you see other girls look much larger and uglier.

July 9 2015

Yep. You got played like a damn fiddle.
*deep sigh* I didn't see the "This is much better then some drinking some potion" line either. I read too fast sometimes (Maybe that's why i failed the first semester of English last school year and had to retake the class online).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys, it's totally satire. Just look at the other articles posted there.
It HAS to be satire. There's no other explination.

Take this article on Fallout 4, for instance.

In Fallout 4 the unholy union between man and woman resulted in a child. Sickeningly this child was already given a gender and a masculine name before it could even talk and choose for itself. The baby is given the awful name Shaun. Why couldn’t it have been more a feminine name like Shauna, Shaniqua or Bruce? Notice how the baby is given phallic rocket ships for his baby mobile to reinforce his forced gender assignment. Instead of using something as ridiculous as ‘biology’ to assign gender it would have been preferable if they just forced him to identify as female.
Hm...I think I'll start visiting that site, actually.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
*deep sigh* I didn't see the "This is much better then some drinking some potion" line either. I read too fast sometimes (Maybe that's why i failed the first semester of English last school year and had to retake the class online).
We've all done it at some point or another. In the words of Nowi, "You'll be fine!"

Also, that potion line was hilarious. At least you gave me a good laugh.

Guys, it's totally satire. Just look at the other articles posted there.
It HAS to be satire. There's no other explination.

Take this article on Fallout 4, for instance.

Hm...I think I'll start visiting that site, actually.
Yeah... Shaun is an ugly name. Sean and Shawn are much better.

I apologize to any Shauns in this thread.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
n the words of Nowi, "You'll be fine!"

Also, that potion line was hilarious. At least you gave me a good laugh.
Ok, that actually cheered me up. I genuinely was feeling a bit down after falling for a troll article that was made in July. But its all good now:).

Fun fact: Nowi was the first girl I married in Awakening.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Ok, that actually cheered me up. I genuinely was feeling a bit down after falling for a troll article that was made in July. But its all good now:).

Fun fact: Nowi was the first girl I married in Awakening.
Me too i wanted a dragon child, and I got both, but my real pairing was with Lissa

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think that the resemblance is that she is the simbol of waifu in fates, the same way that Lucina was in awakening

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
NoA: "I have brought English, a year's wait, and censorship to my new Fire Emblem!"
Oni-hat: "Your new Fire Emblem?!"
NoA: "Don't make me censor you."
Oni-hat: "NoA, my allegiance is to un-censorship, to un-cut content!"
NoA: "If your not with me, then your my enemy."
Oni-hat: "Only an SJW deals in absolutes. I will do what i must" *https://twitter.com/oni_hat/status/692950068983373825 *
NoA: "You will try!"
*Duel of the Fates begins playing*..... because its about Fire Emblem Fates.

I think that the resemblance is that she is the simbol of waifu in fates, the same way that Lucina was in awakening
More like, they're both blue-haired girls who are important to the story.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
So skinship is gone but the effects are still in? Hmm. Still gonna take it with a slight grain of salt until i see gameplay footage.
That was my speculation when this whole thing first blew up. Go over to the menu, select "Jakob," and he starts saying what he would have said if you had rubbed him. Hopefully some of the more humorous ones remain (like Jakob's "I'm going to make a mess of you") or even if they don't, hopefully we'll get the husband/wife exclusive sayings.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
That was my speculation when this whole thing first blew up. Go over to the menu, select "Jakob," and he starts saying what he would have said if you had rubbed him. Hopefully some of the more humorous ones remain (like Jakob's "I'm going to make a mess of you") or even if they don't, hopefully we'll get the husband/wife exclusive sayings.
That's be...one way to handle it, I guess. Still, though, we're better off waiting and seeing.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Honestly, with Fates so close, unless it's a direct statement from Nintendo I'm not even bothering with a single leak.

On a side note just beat chap. 12 in Awakening on Luna+.

Forgot how the Valmese are basically mounted counters.

C̶r̶i̶e̶s̶

Last edited:
Top Bottom