• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Why are people so upset about the Amie feature being removed? This Fire Emblem. A tactical RPG game. Not Waifu Emblem simulator. Go play huniepop if that's what you're into. I mean seriously. Have some of these guys even looked into these conversations? Some of the characters literally tell you to stop touching them, but you continue until you like it. WTF? That's basically molestation. Plus it just feels degrading to the characters in my opinion. Who would actually let someone feel all over them like that? Ugh. I've literally dumbest comments about people defending this.
Nobody's really that upset about Amie not being in a game, it's a tiny game mechanic that barely affects the gameplay at all. I wouldn't use "molesting" or any real world problems as arguments against Amie, otherwise Pokemon would be banned for promoting "animal cruelty" lol

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I just don't get why people have an issue with Harold becoming Arthur. Yeah, there was an Arthur before him but what game did he appear in? Genealogy (FE4), a game that was never released outside of Japan. To the hardcore FE fan, a second Arthur is unnecessary to have (and I don't believe Harold was used before), but would a casual fan really know there was a character named Arthur before Blonde Gaston came to existence?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just don't get why people have an issue with Harold becoming Arthur. Yeah, there was an Arthur before him but what game did he appear in? Genealogy (FE4), a game that was never released outside of Japan. To the hardcore FE fan, a second Arthur is unnecessary to have (and I don't believe Harold was used before), but would a casual fan really know there was a character named Arthur before Blonde Gaston came to existence?
And even if they did, is it really that hard to believe names would be reused? I'm sure if (somehow) Geneology ever got an English version, that Arthur wouldn't even be called Arthur to avoid confusion anyway. So really there's not even an issue.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Nobody's really that upset about Amie not being in a game, it's a tiny game mechanic that barely affects the gameplay at all. I wouldn't use "molesting" or any real world problems as arguments against Amie, otherwise Pokemon would be banned for promoting "animal cruelty" lol
You clearly weren't at Etika's live stream.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
The only REAL complaint about Fates I have going in as nearly blind (mostly to the plot, im really avoiding the plot spoilers) as i am, is the fact that they combined my favorite class, Thieves, with my least favorite class, Archers. Rip my plan of ALWAYS HAVING A LOCKPICKER, good thing spear warrior looks rad.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only REAL complaint about Fates I have going in as nearly blind (mostly to the plot, im really avoiding the plot spoilers) as i am, is the fact that they combined my favorite class, Thieves, with my least favorite class, Archers. Rip my plan of ALWAYS HAVING A LOCKPICKER, good thing spear warrior looks rad.
My only real complaint is that my favourite class Dark Mage is now just a mage that can use also the Nosferatu tome.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Hoshido? or Nohr? Why not both?

Or maybe...neither?

No...we have no choice but to...

JOIN SMASH!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
My only real complaint is that dark mages are less covered than the characters in hotsprings(i really want they censor it) and the age of a character that can marry (a baby that starts and finish with E)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You clearly weren't at Etika's live stream.
I still can't believe he made that video into a livestream. The removal of Amie was such a big impact that Etika felt he had to make a one hour livestream discussing this great "tragedy." Was it really just one hour of him talking about Amie or did he at least do something else during the livestream? Oh, and did he ever beat Awakening yet?

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I still can't believe he made that video into a livestream. The removal of Amie was such a big impact that Etika felt he had to make a one hour livestream discussing this great "tragedy." Was it really just one hour of him talking about Amie or did he at least do something else during the livestream? Oh, and did he ever beat Awakening yet?
Nope. Just Amie. I'm pretty sure he's the guy who started the Waifu Emblem stuff.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Don't Dark Mages get higher defense and resistance though?
They do, but in Fates, they also took over the Sage's role as highest Magic class(Not including DLC classes). Basically, the highest Magic users of Hoshido(Exorcists in JP) are fast compared to Sorcerers who are more defensive, but the Exorcists only reach 33 while Sorcerers reach 35. Also, Sorcerers are the only non-DLC class to wield S-rank Magic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Have you SEEN the idiots saying that the game isn't even worth pirating because of this '****ty sjw pandering censorship butchering the game'?

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
The real question though, is, will they change Shigure's name or will it remain unchanged and further cause confusion for me since I immediately think of this Shigure:

when people are obviously talking about this Shigure:

TL;DR: Characters in fates share names with kancolle chars (as well as IJN boats but AYY LMAO)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't beleive he will. He'll probably quit it when Fates is released.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
btw Etika is a scrub. He kept Tharja RIGHT NEXT TO some stairs which he should have KNOWN enemies respawn at, not to mention he restarted a couple of times because it 'didn't count'
He also pronounces Tharja wrong and that bothers me a lot.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Have you SEEN the idiots saying that the game isn't even worth pirating because of this '****ty sjw pandering censorship butchering the game'?
I've seen plenty on KYM. But what can you do with an anti-SJW? They're just as stubborn as the group they're attacking.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Something that I am very glad IS is doing with this game is giving the maps more variety by re-adding breakable environments, giving the game a greater variety of objectives, and revamping the pair up system so it is no longer completely broken. Those were some of my biggest issues with awakening. I also am glad they removed the weapon limit as well. I absolutely hated having to constantly restock my weapons in other fire emblem games (particularly sacred stones and awakening).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've seen plenty on KYM. But what can you do with an anti-SJW? They're just as stubborn as the group they're attacking.
They ****ing plagued YT videos too.
As someone who has dealt with both, the anti crowd are worse, ****ing goobergaters yelling '**** YOU OBAMA YOU'RE LETTING SJWS WIN' when FE opened Obama's eyes about gay marriage, trying to justify sexualizing 13 year olds, yada yada yada

alguidrag

Smash Ace
The real question though, is, will they change Shigure's name or will it remain unchanged and further cause confusion for me since I immediately think of this Shigure:

when people are obviously talking about this Shigure:

TL;DR: Characters in fates share names with kancolle chars (as well as IJN boats but AYY LMAO)
The first shigure is a boy or a girl?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Ehh i had a feeling that 'Petting game localization thing' "controversy" would find its way in here eventually. Glad no one is stupidly mad.^_^'

But yeah just here to say hiiii and how's it hangn....

andthatSamus'ZaircompletelyoutrangesCorrinsfsmash-checkmateatheistsbye!~

Ivander

Smash Legend
:ohwell: I actually liked Tharja...
I do too to some extent. Some of her supports are nice. That being said, I think they missed an opportunity to add details on her reasoning for liking Robin. I mean, I do know why, but the fact you can't get that scene as a conversation shortly after recruiting her as well as there being no mention of it whatsoever. I actually thought that scene was interesting and could've added to Tharja's character had they actually added it in as well as made more mention of it.
That being said, I think part of what hurt Tharja's characterization is poor writing or my main issue with Awakening, repeated writing or gameplay scripts not aligning with finished supports. Especially with Noire. Cause really, we know she'd never curse Robin with a hex that would hurt him, and I have doubts that she could curse Henry when their supports mention about reversing hexes and curses IIRC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
ew Ehh i had a feeling that 'Petting game localization thing' "controversy" would find its way in here eventually. Glad no one is stupidly mad.^_^'

But yeah just here to say hiiii and how's it hangn....

andthatSamus'ZaircompletelyoutrangesCorrinsfsmash-checkmateatheistsbye!~
Shield, punish, rinse repeat
I REALLY hope Corrin's great against Lucas, a friend of mine refuses to use anyone else these days and hates everything about FE

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I do too to some extent. Some of her supports are nice. That being said, I think they missed an opportunity to add details on her reasoning for liking Robin. I mean, I do know why, but the fact you can't get that scene as a conversation shortly after recruiting her as well as there being no mention of it whatsoever. I actually thought that scene was interesting and could've added to Tharja's character had they actually added it in as well as made more mention of it.
That being said, I think part of what hurt Tharja's characterization is poor writing or my main issue with Awakening, repeated writing or gameplay scripts not aligning with finished supports. Especially with Noire. Cause really, we know she'd never curse Robin with a hex that would hurt him, and I have doubts that she could curse Henry when their supports mention about reversing hexes and curses IIRC.
Honestly Awakening had some bad writing for many characters lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Theives also got a resistance buff, so they're now anti-magic. And, for the better or worse, bows are now included in the weapon triangle.

On the Hoshido side, Ninjas are nearly identical to thieves as well. Rather than using bows, however, they use shurikens, which do weak damage but lower their target's stats. They've also got lockpick and high speed/skill/resistance, and their promotion "Master Ninja" is basically an assassin with shurikens along side their swords.

TheHeroKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
GIRATlNA
Not quite sure what's happening, but I enjoy the inclusion of Corrin. He looks like a really cool character and the complaints leveled at him are rather poor.

The possible changes being made to FE Fates will not change me purchasing both versions since I'm sure they won't affect me, just as the changes to Xenoblade X didn't. I didn't buy the game to grope characters and I didn't even use the feature in Pokemon. I would like it if the game was challenging this time around because Awakening was pretty easy. Kinda feels like FE has been simplified with each game as of late. I'd like it if light magic returns and the old magic triangle is reformed not unlike the set up the Tellius games have. Anyway I'm now on a quest to gather all of the Fire Emblem Amiibos. Wish me luck, friends, for every 1000 Mario Amiibos there's a single Marth and half an Ike. My journey will not be an easy one...

Is Etika really one of those waifu emblem guys? I thought it was some sort of ironic facade. I miss the days where Fire Emblem topics like music, character recruitment, secrets, and helpful strategies were discussed. Not all this waifu wars business.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not quite sure what's happening, but I enjoy the inclusion of Corrin. He looks like a really cool character and the complaints leveled at him are rather poor.

The possible changes being made to FE Fates will not change me purchasing both versions since I'm sure they won't affect me, just as the changes to Xenoblade X didn't. I didn't buy the game to grope characters and I didn't even use the feature in Pokemon. I would like it if the game was challenging this time around because Awakening was pretty easy. Kinda feels like FE has been simplified with each game as of late. I'd like it if light magic returns and the old magic triangle is reformed not unlike the set up the Tellius games have. Anyway I'm now on a quest to gather all of the Fire Emblem Amiibos. Wish me luck, friends, for every 1000 Mario Amiibos there's a single Marth and half an Ike. My journey will not be an easy one...

Is Etika really one of those waifu emblem guys? I thought it was some sort of ironic facade. I miss the days where Fire Emblem topics like music, character recruitment, secrets, and helpful strategies were discussed. Not all this waifu wars business.
Etika has said it's all an act on twitter and that he doesn't care about Smash, before quickly deleting the tweet, not to mention people who know him irl know he's only doing it because his fans like it. Anyway, remember 'BARE FOOT WAIFU!'

btw I want an airhorn remix of Together We Ride

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Kellam didn't like sharing and was a bit mean, so his family decided to ignore him for the rest of their lives. What the actual **** is that trash writing?
Also Lon'qu and Nowi's support is "let's play family" for 3 supports and then suddenly "let's get married!".

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly Awakening had some bad writing for many characters lol
I think it was about 55/45 or favorably 70/30 if we're including the DLC, especially Scramble and Future Past, dialogue. But regardless, it was rather hit-or-miss with supports, although I thought it was more hit than miss. That being said, my main issue though was repeatable dialogue or dialogue that should be changed after reaching a certain support level(although Lucina's sibling dialogue was great, with Lucina remarking on the sibling's specialty being a bonus). Especially in the case of some fathers for some children. And in the case of Lonqu, who I think should've reverted to dialogue that he speaks to men with in the sparkle tiles should he reach an A rank with a female character.
Aren't bows finally useful in Fates too?
By what I heard, yes they are. But than again, that's mostly because 1-2 ranged weapons from Swords, Axes and Lances were greatly nerfed and because they are also part of the new Weapon Triangle. Oh, and Holy Bowman/Hoshido Sniper having a Hit+10/Crit+10 Bonus.

Last edited:

TheHeroKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
GIRATlNA
Also Lon'qu and Nowi's support is "let's play family" for 3 supports and then suddenly "let's get married!".
That's so creepy. I didn't like Awakening's support at all. I feel like this is what happens when you open up the floodgate of anyone being able to marry anyone.

Top Bottom