• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
With the blood of long past kings in my veins, the gods have decreed that I change my avatar and thus I have! RADIANT DAWN!!!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hope all the Bayonetta fans aren't as disappointed if it turns out she's not as good as she looks.
Hello, Bayonetta fan here. Even if Bayonetta is the worst character in the game, she'll still be my main. I'm that dedicated to her.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
If you get the game, which campaign do you plan on doing? If I do get it, I'll do the Nohr and Third Route ones and call it a 100%. Because seriously, the fact that Hoshido is a thing just screams ''rubbing their culture on our faces''. Cultural posturing is still a thing, amirite?

However, Nintendo got the "island mentality" xenophobia right, at least, if what Azura said about Hoshidans being racist towards her is anything to go by.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If you get the game, which campaign do you plan on doing? If I do get it, I'll do the Nohr and Third Route ones and call it a 100%. Because seriously, the fact that Hoshido is a thing just screams ''rubbing their culture on our faces''. Cultural posturing is still a thing, amirite?

However, Nintendo got the "island mentality" xenophobia right, at least, if what Azura said about Hoshidans being racist towards her is anything to go by.
Nohr is super corrupt, though, and Azura was treated badly there to. Hoshido is obviously the morally correct choice in comparison.

HOWEVER...

...I'm still a Nohrian regardless. The ethics of a fictional universe are not enough to stop me.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

That seems like a silly reason to ignore a large part of the game... but whatever floats your goat... although supposedly Hoshido has the best story of the three paths.

I'm going to start with Hoshido, go off to Nohr, and then end on the Third Route. Did I say "end?" Oops, I meant pause before I decide which paths I'm going to play until I have all the supports done...

alguidrag

Smash Ace

Other than Takumi i never seem any hoshidam being bad to her (at least in hoshido IK, because in nohr they suspect her too because your betrayal)

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It still kinda annoys me when people are setting Corrin or Bayonetta as their mains before they're even out. For all we know we could have another Roy or Palutena on our hands.
Honey.

I'm in this thread randomly but.

Come on.

Bayonetta is my favorite video game character.

It's fate.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Incredibly easy to max out Birthright supports. Conquest.....I'm just glad they give you one free DLC map so it makes it a lot more doable pre end game.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Incredibly easy to max out Birthright supports. Conquest.....I'm just glad they give you one free DLC map so it makes it a lot more doable pre end game.
Support grinding could still be done in Conquest through My Castle battles. It's just EXP that was taken out of the Conquest My Castle battles.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Completely forgot that feature existed. Would have made my life a lot easier for not only grinding supports but picking up gems for upgrading and weps/staves I can get from the respective countries. ;-;

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Those Amie models are also used for the confessions. They weren't cut all together.

WE INTERRUPT YOUR DISCUSSION OF FIRE EMBLEM AMIE FOR THIS FATES COMMERCIAL.

That is all.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
For me amie only with wife/husband, because its strange you pet the face of a person that don't like you

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
For me amie only with wife/husband, because its strange you pet the face of a person that don't like you
Nonsense. There is no harm in affectionately stroking the chiseled chin of our Lord and Savior Harold Arthur, Herald of Heroes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dang it.

There goes my originality.

Not that I ever had any.
The timing was great though. I just went to miiverse for a second to make a joke about how Garon's name looks like Ganon, and I saw some guy say this; "Stupid Nintendo, turning my waifu simulator into a freaking Fire Emblem game."

Then I go back to Smashboards and see someone make the exact same joke. I actually double checked to make sure you weren't the same guy.

It's amazing.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Nohr is super corrupt, though, and Azura was treated badly there to. Hoshido is obviously the morally correct choice in comparison.

HOWEVER...

...I'm still a Nohrian regardless. The ethics of a fictional universe are not enough to stop me.
Of course they made Hoshido the "morally right" option. They're only pandering to the Japanese base (Owain, Severa and Inigo are popular in Japan), meaning they're painting their fantasy counterparts all saintly white, while making Nohr, the campaign the West likes, the clichedly evil faction, causing a storytelling bias.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Those Amie models are also used for the confessions. They weren't cut all together.

That is all.
Dat advertisement!

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Of course they made Hoshido the "morally right" option. They're only pandering to the Japanese base (Owain, Severa and Inigo are popular in Japan), meaning they're painting their fantasy counterparts all saintly white, while making Nohr, the campaign the West likes, the clichedly evil faction, causing a storytelling bias.
I mean...you being to realize in the beginning of the game on the nohr side that the siblings aren't evil...only Garon is.

And Hoshido isn't exactly perfect. Especially Takumi

There is way more than meets the eye

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Garon is literally the only evil thing on the Nohr side. And don't EVEN try to act like 'Murica doesn't do the exact same damn thing every chance it gets.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Garon is literally the only evil thing on the Nohr side. And don't EVEN try to act like 'Murica doesn't do the exact same damn thing every chance it gets.
I'd give examples on what both sides did that's horrible during WW2 (which would be the only true East vs. West clash that I know of), but that'd just go pointlessly political.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'd give examples on what both sides did that's horrible during WW2 (which would be the only true East vs. West clash that I know of), but that'd just go pointlessly political.
Well for this game it's more specifically Europe vs Japan than it is west vs east.

You can tell in the armor designs, weapon names, and hell, even facial features and hair.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
We're not talking about real wars, we're talking about a video game. My point was that, typically, in American produced media, America is always "the good guys". We're always better than everybody else, and the "bad guys" are always Middle-Eastern, Chinese, Korean, Russian, etc. Even when the bad guys are extaterrestrial, IE: Independence Day, America Saves the Day.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
We're not talking about real wars, we're talking about a video game. My point was that, typically, in American produced media, America is always "the good guys". We're always better than everybody else, and the "bad guys" are always Middle-Eastern, Chinese, Korean, Russian, etc. Even when the bad guys are extaterrestrial, IE: Independence Day, America Saves the Day.
This is why I like Fallout so much. America is as bad as Japan, which is why the world sucks so much.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Though note that while Hoshido is very clearly heavily influenced by Japan, Nohr is more ambiguous.
They've got some French themes, some Roman themes, a bit of this and that...but they aren't antagonizing a single European country or Europe as a whole. Heck, most countries in Fire Emblem usually take heavy European influence regardless of if they're good or bad, so I wouldn't read too far into that. I mean, sure, they're over-glorifying glorious Nippon, but at least it's not really at the expense of anyone else in specific.

On the other hand, though, I am kind of disappointed the plot isn't more moral-gray.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, Iago Hanz, Zoura (but i like him) Garon, and that ninja Guy are the bad guys in this game (in my vision)

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Though note that while Hoshido is very clearly heavily influenced by Japan, Nohr is more ambiguous.
They've got some French themes, some Roman themes, a bit of this and that...but they aren't antagonizing a single European country or Europe as a whole. Heck, most countries in Fire Emblem usually take heavy European influence regardless of if they're good or bad, so I wouldn't read too far into that. I mean, sure, they're over-glorifying glorious Nippon, but at least it's not really at the expense of anyone else in specific.

On the other hand, though, I am kind of disappointed the plot isn't more moral-gray.
The plot isn't morally gray? Man...and here I thought the underlying plot of the game would be that there is no black and white

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I kind of wonder that as well. Although it says that Azama is a monk on the official website.
View attachment 94155
View attachment 94156
Even though it's incorrect, as monks have access to light magic and he can only heal, which makes him more of the priest class.

Also Luna tome when?:sadeyes:
Hence why I said true Monk.
I'm gonna make my own Fire Emblem with a non-blue haired non-sword using Lord.

No... 2 lords.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

That is all.
Every time I see a commercial like this, I'm conflicted... My heart says Nohr, but my mind says Hoshido... I'll explain more, but I'll hide it in a spoiler bracket since it's a chapter 5 or 6 major spoiler.

Bonds over blood any day. However, knowing that my mother died to save they life of me, a son she never knew, I'd feel as if I owed her my life in return. I'd pick Hoshido to return the favor... but my heart would be aching for my "true" siblings that I grew up with. By choosing Hoshido, I'm not choosing blood over bonds, I'm choosing to repay a lift debt.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Every time I see a commercial like this, I'm conflicted... My heart says Nohr, but my mind says Hoshido... I'll explain more, but I'll hide it in a spoiler bracket since it's a chapter 5 or 6 major spoiler.

Bonds over blood any day. However, knowing that my mother died to save they life of me, a son she never knew, I'd feel as if I owed her my life in return. I'd pick Hoshido to return the favor... but my heart would be aching for my "true" siblings that I grew up with. By choosing Hoshido, I'm not choosing blood over bonds, I'm choosing to repay a lift debt.
Screw righteousness, choose the side that rocks. Also the side that has wyverns. And Leo. Leo's a dark knight. Dark knights are cool.

..Nah, seriously though, if everyone here plans on playing both games like I do, I'd recommend starting with Hoshido since Nohr is supposed to be more challenging and more complicated. I'm personally going to be sharing with my sister, and I'm the better FE player of the two of us, so I'll be playing the Nohr cartridge while she plays the Hoshido cartridge. But otherwise I'd play Hoshido first, even if Nohr is cooler.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Why are people so upset about the Amie feature being removed? This Fire Emblem. A tactical RPG game. Not Waifu Emblem simulator. Go play huniepop if that's what you're into. I mean seriously. Have some of these guys even looked into these conversations? Some of the characters literally tell you to stop touching them, but you continue until you like it. WTF? That's basically molestation. Plus it just feels degrading to the characters in my opinion. Who would actually let someone feel all over them like that? Ugh. I've literally dumbest comments about people defending this.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I wonder if most people feel that Fates design of classes and characters are a bit better than Awakening's.

For starters, they don't have the Knight and General design that Awakening did, those were more comedic than intimidating/cool like the ones from Blazing Sword. As for the Assassins, if you watch the cut scene "Forseer", the part where the assassins show up and fight Lucina really make those giant blades on their arms look either impractical or even stupid.

There are a lot of good ones though, Lucina's design is a stroke of genius, the Snipers and Mercenaries worked well and others(Tactician being one of my all time favorite designs in a game period). Overall I think Awakening has a number of good designs, but also a number of "bad" ones too.

Also seen some designs from Fates, Camilla and other designs not so great, but I think there are more good then bad designs than in Awakening(based on battle practicality). Just my thoughts.

My favorite design in Fates as of right now is probably the Mercenary.

S̶o̶l̶e̶i̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶

Last edited:
Top Bottom