• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's actually an interesting twist to this. In Awakening, each child-bearing character has a single character that they can gain support with easier than with anyone else (support growth). The pairings are-

Chrom and Sumia (Lovebirds)
Lissa and Vaike (Best friend's sister)
Frederick and Maribelle (dote on royalty)
Virion and Cherche (from Valm)
Kellam and Sully ("tough" Shepherds)
Stahl and Miriel (leftover Shepherds?)
Ricken and Panne (Ricken loves animals)
Gaius and Tharja (both are a bit shady)
Libra and Cordelia (Uh...)
Gregor and Nowi (he saved her)
Henry and Olivia (the last two adults you get)

... Oh, I misspoke... the kids also have "canon" pairings!

Owain and Kjelle (strong fighters?)
Inigo and Cynthia (flighty and flirty?)
Brady and Severa (YES)(also, snark and bark)
Gerome and Nah (dragons FTW)
Yarne and Noire (Uh... v.2)
Lucina and Laurent (the mature ones)

Everyone else is forever alone (Lon'qu and Donnel most notably).

You can see more about it here- http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/supports/support-growth/
I don't like any of these.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys guys guys guess what!
I got the Corrin DLC early, and for free no less! He plays an awful lot like Charizard, so it's been pretty easy for me to adjust. I already uploaded some screenshots.

Corrin with the Omega Yato.
Corrin using his forward smash on Bayonetta.

Btw in case anyone is wondering, I got the DLC because my dad's cousin's dog's grandma's owner works at Nintendo.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i've been wondering: What type of magic does Leo's tome, Brunhindle fall into? I know its probably Anima but which type of Anima? Wind? Thunder? Fire? Its the one that summons a tree. The Fire Emblem wiki doesn't know where to place it and, despite having a purple cover, it doesn't fall into Dark Magic.
BTW, i wish the royal sisters got their own signature weapon. And Azura but i suppose Azura has the pendant which strangely enough
isn't the Fire Emblem despite it being the artifact with the most screen time (it even appears in the title screen). Instead, the Fire Emblem is the Omega Yato.

Xander as the lowest nohr sibling is odd to me.
That magic and res don't help.

Even then, he's a great unit overall. Definitely suited for the more bulky class.
...But why so slow T_T
Xander is actually slow? Weird considering his horse, in full armor, jumped while carrying Xander, in full armor.

All jokes aside, if Xander is bulky, then he'll be useful for some nice tanking.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Thanks Smashboards for not sending me notications of new posts in this thread and thanks to myself for not checking manually the watched treads so I just had to read 20 pages...
And I missed a waifu war ;_;

Anyway, reading all this Fates hype, discussions and speculations just remind me that I live in Europe:sadsheep:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Xander as the lowest nohr sibling is odd to me.
That magic and res don't help.

Even then, he's a great unit overall. Definitely suited for the more bulky class.
...But why so slow T_T
All Xander really needs is Speed which Charlotte gladly provides.
マークス_st_笑.png
シャーロッテ_st_笑.png

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I honestly wouldn't have cared if Leo, Xander, Camilla or Ryouma had low stats since I probably wasn't gonna use any of them in my playthroughs

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I honestly wouldn't have cared if Leo, Xander, Camilla or Ryouma had low stats since I probably wasn't gonna use any of them in my playthroughs
You would've had to use Leo, Xander and Ryoma at least once since they are required to be brought into battle when recruiting their respective child unit.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You would've had to use Leo, Xander and Ryoma at least once since they are required to be brought into battle when recruiting their respective child unit.
Just cause they have to be brought doesn't mean they have to be used. ;)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Guys i found this:

Just cause they have to be brought doesn't mean they have to be used. ;)
Actually, i think you do. You might need them to recruit their respective child units.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Guys i found this:

Actually, i think you do. You might need them to recruit their respective child units.
Oh wait you're talking about their paralogues. Well I have no real plans to get them married since outside of Foleo the other 2 are either ugly or boring.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh wait you're talking about their paralogues. Well I have no real plans to get them married since outside of Foleo the other 2 are either ugly or boring.
Well the paralouges and the chapters where they are required (such as Ch.6).

Noro~

Smash Cadet
Lol @"why is Xander so 'slow'"
Seriously, since when did 45% growth become bad? Not even the 30% speed growth of Haar in RD was considered bad, only subpar and "potentially bad if he gets speed screwed". I think you guys are a bit spoiled by Awakenings godlike growths where all but a few characters could easily (almost-)cap Str or Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck and Def or Res.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Seriously, since when did 45% growth become bad? Not even the 30% speed growth of Haar in RD was considered bad, only subpar and "potentially bad if he gets speed screwed". I think you guys are a bit spoiled by Awakenings godlike growths where all but a few characters could easily (almost-)cap Str or Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck and Def or Res.
We're not saying its bad, we're just saying it could've been better....probably. I actually like how most stat growths this time are balanced. But yeah, 45% growth isn't bad (unless your name is Roy. Seriously, people hate on him for having "Bad stat-growths").

Last edited:

Noro~

Smash Cadet
We're not saying its bad, we're just saying it could've been better....probably. I actually like how most stat growths this time are balanced. But yeah, 45% growth isn't bad (unless your name is Roy. Seriously, people hate on him for having "Bad stat-growths").
One of the things I hated the most in Awakening was that no character had real flaws in their stats. Why can a knight double half the stuff that (s)he attacks? Why is my pegasus tanking so many hits with no problems?

Stat growths really seem to be somewhat balanced now (Effie playing Gatrie 3.0 tho).
Also, people complain about Roys growths? Those are okay, his promotion time is horrendous).
And sorry if my posts seem too aggressive, it's just something that me and a friend are talking about pretty often since we started replaying older FEs for hypes sake.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, my roy got 5 levels gaining only one point each (and marcus got a 2 points in the only level that he got)
Edit: question that image of growths, count Kamui assrt/flasw

Last edited:

Noro~

Smash Cadet
That might be RNGsus not playing nice. It happens. I tend to get godlike Eirikas and mediocre Ephraims in Sacred Stones even though their growths would suggest otherwise.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
That might be RNGsus not playing nice. It happens. I tend to get godlike Eirikas and mediocre Ephraims in Sacred Stones even though their growths would suggest otherwise.
and this is why I don't think of any character in FE as being bad.

Nah

Smash Champion
Xander is actually slow? Weird considering his horse, in full armor, jumped while carrying Xander, in full armor.
Sometimes I wonder where the **** they get their horses from in Fire Emblem. They're in full armor carrying a person in full armor and they can do all those crazy jumps and **** like it's nothing in Awakening. Real horses would die trying that. Or where does one find an army of yellow horses (Radiant Dawn part 4 prologue)?

But then i have to tell myself to remember that this is a video game, and one with dragon people and a man who uses one of the world's most important artifacts as a shield.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Guys, Felicia is getting the Smash 4 Villager treatment

Also, people complain about Roys growths? Those are okay, his promotion time is horrendous.
Eliwood, Hector, Eirika and Ephraim also promote late into the game but nobody complains about them. But at least Roy's promotion feels like one and isn't a terrible one *cough* Leif in FE5 *cough*.

Sometimes I wonder where the **** they get their horses from in Fire Emblem. They're in full armor carrying a person in full armor and they can do all those crazy jumps and **** like it's nothing in Awakening. Real horses would die trying that. Or where does one find an army of yellow horses (Radiant Dawn part 4 prologue)?

But then i have to tell myself to remember that this is a video game, and one with dragon people and a man who uses one of the world's most important artifacts as a shield.
Plot twist: Fire Emblem horses are actually cyborg horses which explains why they jump 5 feet in the air.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So i've been wondering: What type of magic does Leo's tome, Brunhindle fall into? I know its probably Anima but which type of Anima? Wind? Thunder? Fire? Its the one that summons a tree. The Fire Emblem wiki doesn't know where to place it and, despite having a purple cover, it doesn't fall into Dark Magic.
I'm told it's called dark magic by someone in game which is BS because Dark Knights still can't use Dark Magic.
Of course, that's just what I'm told. I don't know for sure.

All jokes aside, if Xander is bulky, then he'll be useful for some nice tanking.
I hear he's one of the best units in the game regardless, though. Just as you suspect, he's supposed to be very bulky, has high starting stats, and a very powerful weapon with no downsides.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm told it's called dark magic by someone in game which is BS because Dark Knights still can't use Dark Magic.
Of course, that's just what I'm told. I don't know for sure.
I hear he's one of the best units in the game regardless, though. Just as you suspect, he's supposed to be very bulky, has high starting stats, and a very powerful weapon with no downsides.
I think it's a wind element,

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You're probably right. Awakening's stat growths were nonsensical.

Completely forgot that my favorite lord (Ephraim) has the exact same speed growth lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wonder what would happen if a Fire Emblem was released and there was a character with 1% growths on every stat? Here's the catch, if you promote this character, they get obscene, borderline game-breaking stat bonuses. Lethal home character... that would be completely useless in high difficulty and no grind runs.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder what would happen if a Fire Emblem was released and there was a character with 1% growths on every stat? Here's the catch, if you promote this character, they get obscene, borderline game-breaking stat bonuses. Lethal home character... that would be completely useless in high difficulty and no grind runs.
1% growth rates would mean unless the rng god favours you the character would never get stats.

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
Anyone down to play smash 4 or project m?
3527-8748-7980 WAVE
kik:jaredallen_

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I haven't seen this posted yet (forgive me if it has) so I just thought I'd inform you all that Corrin (and Bayonetta) will be demonstrated during tonight's NicoNico Championship stream.

Have you all seen this? https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/693394209085091840

Translation says there will be a demonsration of Bayonetta and Corrin in a championship before the release.

Google trad: In the "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U niconico championship", fighter February delivery schedule "Bayonetta" is also planned demonstration battle using "Kamui". Do not miss it.

Live on: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv249429484?ref=top&zroute=index

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I know we kinda finished talking about FE-Ami but i find it kinda surprising that GameXplain hasn't done a 30-minute discussion on its supposed removal.

I think it's a wind element,
But its a tree. Maybe......Grass Anima confirmed?

I haven't seen this posted yet (forgive me if it has) so I just thought I'd inform you all that Corrin (and Bayonetta) will be demonstrated during tonight's NicoNico Championship stream.
So, that stream is happening tomorrow (February 1st is tomorrow for Japan)? Does that mean Corrin and Bayonetta will release in the first week of February? I hope so.

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
While it sucks I'll be at work during the broadcast, I'll still watch the recording; hopefully we'll get a more in-depth look at Corrin's moveset. Here's hoping for a quick release of the new DLC!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, that stream is happening tomorrow (February 1st is tomorrow for Japan)? Does that mean Corrin and Bayonetta will release in the first week of February? I hope so.
No, for Japan, the stream is happening Janurary 31st. So, technically tomorrow, but not the tomorrow you're thinking of.

...That's a confusing sentence.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I know we kinda finished talking about FE-Ami but i find it kinda surprising that GameXplain hasn't done a 30-minute discussion on its supposed removal.

the stream is happening today at 7:15 CST

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Well ice magic appeared under wind element so who can say?

@Another K-2L Survivor I found a nice Reina fan art.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
While it sucks I'll be at work during the broadcast, I'll still watch the recording; hopefully we'll get a more in-depth look at Corrin's moveset. Here's hoping for a quick release of the new DLC!
ANd here's hoping for a How to play Corrin 101 and How to play Bayonetta 101

No, for Japan, the stream is happening Janurary 31st. So, technically tomorrow, but not the tomorrow you're thinking of.

...That's a confusing sentence.
What you mean is: Today is January 31st for Japan.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What you mean is: Today is January 31st for Japan.
Basically, yeah. And that the stream is happening on January 31st in Japan, not February 1st.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I know we kinda finished talking about FE-Amie but i find it kinda surprising that GameXplain hasn't done a 30-minute discussion on its supposed removal.
Well, I believe Andre is not into Fire Emblem so a hypothetical discussion would have to involve Derrick, Ash, and another. They don't seem to care about its removal, and whatever other projects their currently doing enough to do a discussion on it. Even if they did, at least they won't make it a one hour livestream.

Top Bottom