• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I confused Cam Clarke for Josh Keaton... Don't know why... Really wished it was Keaton so male Corrin could have said, "MAXIMUM DRAGON!", for his Final Smash.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
It almost sounds like the male Corrin is more forgiving than the female Corrin. I guess in a way, male Corrin would join the heroes, while the female Corrin joins the villains.
There's more "Fire" in female Corrins voice when she yells "lets do this". Male Corrin seems more calm. I prefer male Corrin over female for this reason. plus the red and black dragon looks amazing.

Nah

Smash Champion
Y'all are arguing over who's got the better VA, but have y'all ever heard pre-2001 English voice acting? Have y'all ever heard Tidus's laugh?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Y'all are arguing over who's got the better VA, but have y'all ever heard pre-2001 English voice acting? Have y'all ever heard Tidus's laugh?
I watched DragonBall Z and the first season of Pokemon, plus gods know how many cartoons on Nick and CN. I'm quite familiar with 90's voice acting, and, for the most part, it was pretty good. Who's Tidus?

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I watched DragonBall Z and the first season of Pokemon, plus gods know how many cartoons on Nick and CN. I'm quite familiar with 90's voice acting, and, for the most part, it was pretty good. Who's Tidus?

He's from Final Fantasy X

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
You obviously never played the FFX Game if you try to convince other people that the Tidus Laugh is bad voice acting :/
I mean that laugh was bad on purpose.

Also why aren't people allowed to state what character VA they prefer? You seem to tell other people that their opinion is wrong about bad voice acting because they state that Female Corrin (for example) has a bad voice.

Also for the future:
THIS is worst voice acting ever. Doesn't have anything to do with our Opinion on Corrin's Voice though :/

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Nah

Smash Champion
You obviously never played the FFX Game if you try to convince other people that the Tidus Laugh is bad voice acting :/
I mean that laugh was bad on purpose.
Yeah, I haven't played it.

It still sounds terrible, even if it is on purpose.

Also why aren't people allowed to state what character VA they prefer? You seem to tell other people that their opinion is wrong about bad voice acting because they state that Female Corrin (for example) has a bad voice.
I suppose all I really wanted to say was that the voice acting for both Corrins doesn't bother me since I've heard worse. I ain't trying to start anything here though.

Also for the future:
THIS is worst voice acting ever. Doesn't have anything to do with our Opinion on Corrin's Voice though :/
lmao that is pretty bad

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
They're both pretty wooden and bad. I give male!Corrin props only because it's the King of Voice Acting, Cam Clarke, doing his voice. It's the only saving grace. Female!Corrin is only marginally better.

Smooth Criminal

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
So I was looking through youtube comments with Corrin and found this:

"I kinda hope that Corrin's victory quote, "I WIN!" Becomes a meme like I'm really feeling it."
Can we do it:happysheep:?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My friend gets so salty when i win with a counter and then corrin adds more salt saying " i wiiiin"
I have yet to figure out the counter frame windows for Corrin's Counter Surge. Against Master Hand, I've only gotten the move to work once.

It's not easy trying to time when to use the move.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
I am so happy how Corrin turned out in Smash, for so long Doc was the only character that really clicked with me as a character I enjoy maining in Smash4, but Corrin is just perfect for me. Finally have a character I am confident in dual maining with Doc :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's nothing wrong with either Corrin's VAs. Robin is a bit better, but it doesn't make them bad.

I love their voices.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So regarding Corrin's victory lines, i feel like they show that Corrin is actually aware that he's in Smash. Especially the "I WIN!". The other character's victory lines (if they have any) are usually taken from their origin game or something that fits they're character. But with Corrin, saying things like "I WIN" and "That was great" is showing that Corrin is happy to have won in a match in one of the greatest fighting games of all time.

Now that i think about it, Corrin's trailer is the only time where the characters actually referred to Smash Bros as "Smash". "I'm sorry everyone. I feel like i have no choice but to......JOIN SMASH!", "I've decided. My path is to take on the legendary heores of Smash!".

Yep, i can't doubt this. Corrin is aware that he's in Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So regarding Corrin's victory lines, i feel like they show that Corrin is actually aware that he's in Smash. Especially the "I WIN!". The other character's victory lines (if they have any) are usually taken from their origin game or something that fits they're character. But with Corrin, saying things like "I WIN" and "That was great" is showing that Corrin is happy to have won in a match in one of the greatest fighting games of all time.

Now that i think about it, Corrin's trailer is the only time where the characters actually referred to Smash Bros as "Smash". "I'm sorry everyone. I feel like i have no choice but to......JOIN SMASH!", "I've decided. My path is to take on the legendary heores of Smash!".

Just more reasons for why Nolan North shoulda been the voice.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
So glad i have the JP version of smash. I get to play as kamui and they all sound great :) and i dont need to hear bayo screaming everytime I hit her

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So glad i have the JP version of smash. I get to play as kamui and they all sound great :) and i dont need to hear bayo screaming everytime I hit her
Can't you just switch the system language to get different audio? I know you can for the 3DS.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

Its because he met the FE amiibos in fates, so he was alredy aware of everything

Zionaze

Smash Ace
For the wii u version specifically to my knowledge you can only get spanish, french and a few others but not japanese

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Also for the future:
THIS is worst voice acting ever.
Dynasty Warriors 3 has the best-worst voice acting and it will never not be hilarious and awesome!

Can't you just switch the system language to get different audio? I know you can for the 3DS.
Yes, but there's no Japanese language option for 3DS either.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My first set ever using Kamui, used MM for the first 3 sets to ensure my safety in doing it. My play was flawed (one reason being that I reaaallly don't know how to work with SideB yet), but I managed to survive from being killed just long enough to eventually win it, and I do so look forward to using Corrin again next tourney. Advice?

Are we ever gonna get a video thread? Wonder why we don't have one yet.

On a side note, I can't really say I'm a huge fan of the voices of either Corrin, but I gotta give it to the male just by a little bit, personally. I dunno what it is, but my heart feels that his voice has one charm to it that Female Corrin doesn't.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've visited this thread a few times, but I realized I never made a proper debut. Well, today I finally will.

I've been playing Corrin a lot recently, and I can definitely say that he is becoming one of my new favorite characters in Smash. His tilts make for some fun combos, his counter is awesome, and landing a KO with the normal special (particularly when you get the chomp) feels really satisfying. I've also been getting better at learning how to pin onto the ground most of the time with his side special (another favorite move of mine), as well as how to control his up special.

Funny story: first time I picked up Corrin was in an 8-player Smash with a group of friends. In my first four games of using Corrin, I won the first three and got second on the last won, though I managed to KO someone with the Final Smash before losing at the very end. I still consider myself rather lucky managing to win with a character I picked up for the first time, especially since I didn't understand how to insta-pin into the ground and didn't know about Corrin's combos.

As of now? Well, I'm still learning to use Corrin, and he/she is definitely a blast! Will he/she become new secondary material? We'll see, but I enjoy playing Corrin so much that I've completely moved on from seeing Azura in Smash as the Fates rep. You see, prior to Corrin's reveal, I was more interested in seeing Azura since she felt more unique in what she could do, and when Corrin was revealed, I was really happy to see Fates representation happen in Smash as well as Corrin having a far better and more interesting moveset than I could imagine, while a small part of me still wished to see Azura instead since I felt as though her inclusion wouldn't generate as much salt as Corrin did. Well, let's just say that this "small part" has completely faded way with the fun I've had playing Corrin!

Also, as a huge Fate series fan, I absolutely love the current thread title! In addition, I'm also going to be playing Fire Emblem Fates when it will release in the States. I'm getting the special edition, and I plan on playing Birthright first (#HoshidoMasterRace for me)

So yeah, while I don't know how active I will be on this social (I can't predict the future), you can definitely count me in on the Corrin brigade!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jeez, picking up a new main is hard. As my "shiny toy syndrome" effects were starting to fade, so I decided to play with Charizard and Mewtwo again today, and I'm miles better with both of them than with Cornmui. I might start to think I'm getting pretty decent at using her, but it seems I've still got a long way to go before I can really call her my third main.

Anyway, on a different note, I've found Dair is actually a lot better than I initially gave it credit for. It's start up and movement speed of the attack is fast and its landing lag ends a lot sooner than I expected. It's a pretty good option to get out of juggles, especially if your enemy is jumping up to hit you.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
i just had a match where a ness player killed me and taunted 3 times.
i then proceeded to say "your fate is clear" followed by a zero to death on him. he followed with a rage quit.

stuff like this just gives me life

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Dragon lunge is fun to use for momentum lol. Also I'm finding Dragon Lunge (Left/Right platforms of Battlefield) to reversed Dragon Fang Shot (to main platform) flashy :lol:

I'm getting anxious wanting to use her against human players :lol:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I'm so tired of Corrin dittos. When will it end. ;A;
Tell me about it, although I am running into Bayonettas more often.

When only 1 out of 20 FG players is a Falcon, you know there was DLC. XD

Btw, is it cool for you guys if I drop some replays here while there is no video & critique thread? I'd love to know how to improve my Corrin and really wanna be part of this community :-)

Top Bottom