• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a lousy smash player!

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm horrible at consistent L-Cancelling.

I play super aggressive with Falcon.

My Melee Yoshi has lost all its technical ability. :\

Stratford

Smash Champion
I screw around a lot. If I'm up a stock or so I try to kill my opponent a certain way. I think to myself "I'm going to win this with a shine-bair," and then keep missing them.
Oh absolutely same. And it defeats the purpose of trying to win in a badass way when you keep failing...

S l o X

Smash Champion
Oh, in saying that I'm horrible I also meant to add: I can't DI because I DONT play anyone. I can last while vs CPUs but they are way too predictable. My spacing isn't very good. Umm all around, I'm a bad player. I haven't gotten the basics down but I can do some technical stuff. (kind of sad?)

smakis

Smash Ace
i hope everyone realise this thread is gold for people who is going to meet you in tourneys in the future? :>

as for me i dunno, peach gives me trouble (although i main ice climbers, awesome matchup!)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sometimes if I play too long I have a hard time focusing on my opponent. This one stock against swiftbass I paid attention to the tree in PS (When it transforms into the grass part) and I realized in like 10 more seconds I lost my stock.

Way to go me! Also I get super nervous :(, and sometimes don't trust myself as a player.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Sometimes if I play too long I have a hard time focusing on my opponent. This one stock against swiftbass I paid attention to the tree in PS (When it transforms into the grass part) and I realized in like 10 more seconds I lost my stock.

Way to go me! Also I get super nervous :(, and sometimes don't trust myself as a player.
My biggest weakness is my consistancy. Sometimes I play like I'm tink and sometimes i look like im a scrub.
whats the difference?

Wow, hahahaha. I actually laughed at these. Best john and best jab at another smasher ever.

Antifate

Smash Rookie
I always wall-jump at every opportunity. Even against the tree in PS for no reason.

I can't stay away from edges as Falco, or LDL with him.

I always think I can squeeze 1 or 2 more tech tricks/multishines when my opponent is respawning. :(

Oh yeah and my chaingrabbing/chaingrab escape DI or mindgames or w.e. is awful.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Nes Noob - ROFL hey its a legit john =/

antifate - It sounds like you're well aware of your own habits. Which is a great start btw. Try to think of different options (especially at the edge) and incorporate them slowly.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i get nervous and i don't believe in myself

also i play smash bros and do the same thing while playing the game

JFox

Smash Hero
when im in tournament i completely forget how to play this game. i stop thinking about the match entirely and just start thinking about what will happen if i win/lose to my opponent. I tend to end up spamming "safe" moves over and over when i freeze up like that :(

N64

Smash Champion
I don't always take things seriously until i'm on my last stock.

Also, I'll get frustrated sometimes if i'm being predicted too much or screwing up too much and I'll just stop DIing and shielding and watching my opponent. I end up just focusing on being purely unpredictable (see: bad) or spamming whatever i'm screwing up on until it works (which given i'm frustrated already, doesn't work).

AXE 09

Smash Master
i can honestly say.... i have a problem against opponents who... ROLL a lot

for some reason, when the person i'm fighting rolls a bunch, i just can't punish them lol. like seriously

sometimes when i fight forward, he'll roll back and forth like 4 times, and i just can't hit him, and i'm like wtf?????

i guess i've been playing with people who never roll for so long, that when i play people who do roll, i can't do anything haha. kinda wierd

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I get really lazy during matches until my last stock or if I'm far behind in stocks.

I don't dsmash enough (lol)

I'm just lousy in general.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I sometimes pick up really bad habits when switching my person every other match. like I will be the ice climbers and down-smash like a madman(down-smash love) then I will play as pichu or fox and try to down-smash a lot and I forget how many broken down-smashes there are in the game.

null55

Smash Master
i'm gay.

i **** up my tech skill.

i'm kind of opponent-dependent sometimes.
against certain people i can focus more due to excitement/fun/stakes/etc.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i can honestly say.... i have a problem against opponents who... ROLL a lot

for some reason, when the person i'm fighting rolls a bunch, i just can't punish them lol. like seriously

sometimes when i fight forward, he'll roll back and forth like 4 times, and i just can't hit him, and i'm like wtf?????

i guess i've been playing with people who never roll for so long, that when i play people who do roll, i can't do anything haha. kinda wierd
LOL I do this on purpose cause it messes with certain people. I rarely roll, then i'll suddenly roll 7 times in a row

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I think rolling is actually one of the most underrated maneuvers at the highest levels of play as long as you aren't stupid about it.

I suck against technical Foxes and also occasionally choke or do stupid things when someone starts spamming the same move over and over (like DJN repeated f-smashes LOL).

pockyD

Smash Legend
rolling is incredible when you use it to dodge a move

it's much less good when you just use it to try to escape bad positioning

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
i switch characters too much. i just play everyone get bored after a few games with one. this leads to inconsistencies and adjustment periods.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
i don't know. seems like you could get away with crouch canceling his forward tilt at lower percentages
dont quote me on this though
but yea obviously like his forward air would be way too intense
because its THE PUNCH

Top Bottom