• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a lousy smash player!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I hardly even use my head when I play this game. I only use my head in SSB64. I don't predict as much as I should and I often start thinking of other things. I mostly just focus on tech skill because that's the only reason I play melee. I just love doing flashy things.

No wonder I fail in tournaments :3

Filthee

Smash Rookie
im truly awful at shine combos and it is starting to freak me out.

i main falco

Pi

Smash Hero
Unorthodox players who play super aggressive have given me great problems in the past.
But I think I'm past that now.

keeper

Smash Champion
It often takes me a stock to realize what to do, and then I get stressed and try to make up for it.

It's worked for me though. If I get up a stock, I tend to lose it really fast.

I.B

Smash Lord
getting frustrated and playing worse vs peach (even bad ones)

very inconsistent w/ sweetspotting the edge when recovering

bad choice of moves in certain situations

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
getting frustrated and playing worse vs peach (even bad ones)

very inconsistent w/ sweetspotting the edge when recovering

bad choice of moves in certain situations
**** why does everyone suck vs peach

she is not that great

I.B

Smash Lord
i dunno. it seems like you gotta switch up your game more so vs. her than other characters

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Well at least she can't combo. Fox's dash attack - > anything his heart desires.

On topic:

I can't find a good doubles partner.

That and... I don't know how to play Falco. You're suppose to use those red lines that people don't seem to like right?

Jonas

Smash Champion
Can't chaingrab Fox (Marth).
And also my spacing sucks (yes I am really terrible at this game).

oh and I play about 10 times worse with C. Falcon than I do with Bowser -___-

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I get killed alot/suicide trying to be technical with Fox, I can't even SHDL properly too *sigh*

TK1991

Smash Cadet
I don't even use half of my rest opportunities because I'm scared of missing and getting killed.

Like "bolt." i need to listen to music or i get really upset if i lose often ... hence i get even worse.

Kantō

Smash Champion
momentum canceling and DI'ing correctly at the same time is prolly my biggest problem that needs work.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you can do the backward jump by pressing away and x/y at (practically) the same time. After which it's no different than a regular shffl (you'll pretty much get the same amount of time to do it). I'm guessing you already do shorthop upairs with the joystick, so tilt as gently and the fair shouldn't throw off your backward momentum.

battousai555

Smash Ace
I suck at doubles. It feels so chaotic and I have trouble helping my teammate :(

I'm terrible at the light-shield edgehog. I think I've done it like once or twice ever.

I screw around a lot. If I'm up a stock or so I try to kill my opponent a certain way. I think to myself "I'm going to win this with a shine-bair," and then keep missing them.

I also get intimidated by people who I know are really good. I miss DI, flub techs, etc.

unknown522

Some guy
- I have more trouble against characters with all around more range than me. It takes a bit longer to get used to.

- SDing when I have a bad controller

- Being camped by marth's DD game and ledge stuff (I can just go falco and the problem is magically solved).

- Peach too.

- Falco's laser (but everyone seems to have problems with that).

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'm bad at counterpicking stages, being most comfortable w/ the neutrals. (I'm picking up a few, at last)

I don't SDI

Top Bottom