• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of New Techniques/Discoveries (Updated 3.17.08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You know what's bother me a little, that Adi haven't done a single update since 2/14/08. It's almost like he's saying nothing of important have been found for the past 17 days. Which is completely wrong, buffing been found, ICers chain grabbing was discovered, attacks that can cause people to trip was discovered, air tripping, and many character related tricks even I've yet to read have been found but yet no update.

What I'm trying to say is that this thread was great in it’s time but since it haven't been updated for so long I think we should just copy all the information and start a new thread with the new data.

Damax

Smash Lord
You know what's bother me a little, that Adi haven't done a single update since 2/14/08. It's almost like he's saying nothing of important have been found for the past 17 days. Which is completely wrong, buffing been found, ICers chain grabbing was discovered, attacks that can cause people to trip was discovered, air tripping, and many character related tricks even I've yet to read have been found but yet no update.

What I'm trying to say is that this thread was great in it’s time but since it haven't been updated for so long I think we should just copy all the information and start a new thread with the new data.
air tripping? what the **** are you talking about. it was debunked as footstool jump. and it was a footstool jump.

aho43

Smash Lord
ive played this game for quite a bit and i havent experience "air tripping" once. Also, calling the upsmash from dash attack for snake+falco, and whoever else can do it IASA frames isn't quite right. It isn't IASA frames because you have to actually land the hit for it to work, and it actually cuts the move animation short. I originally thought that there would be a bunch of other moves that linked like this, but I don't think that anymore. They are just peculiarities, they may even be glitches.

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
Indeed i was thinking the same thing. I just think that this thread should be for things that are general in usage.(Ex.Wavedashing in Melee) But good 5h!t so far fellas(and any ladies out there) yall been doing yall thing keep it up.

6 days and some change till brawl (''''(0_o)'''')!!!!!!!

Ha my similar thought was on the fact that those frames MIGHT be glitches. :)

Damax

Smash Lord
I think it's somewhat obvious that it was a footstool jump glitch, Olimar was level with Sonic's head at about the time of the of the beginning of the tumbling animation.
also note that olimar jump at the exact same time sonic start tumbling.

The tumbling we saw in this crappy vid can be done after using sonic's ub B... does that mean he can always trip on will?

what makes me think this isn't air tripping:

- air tripping is RIDICULOUS, try to trip while airborn in real life.
- No invincibility frames, Sakurai wouldn't be THAT mean.
- Olimar jump at the same times
- Might just be part of Sonic's animation.
- the dude in the vid does a forward air straight after tripping, you can't cancel any tripping in attacks.
- he could'ave came back ANYTIME with his up B, air tripping wouldn't be that long, and what would it do?

seriously its sooo ridiculous.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
- air tripping is RIDICULOUS, try to trip while airborn in real life.

seriously its sooo ridiculous.
Not too ridiculous, I've done it before. You just jump and have something catch your foot on the way up or down! It's funny...but not painful...mostly.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Well, since tripping currently appears to be totally random you can be almost 100% sure it will be possible to prevent it from happening using action replay or another cheating device when one comes out.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
At E3, didn't someone cancel a trip or something like that? I thought they attacked or grabbed. Did they get rid of that?

aho43

Smash Lord
dunno if this has been mentioned anywhere, but you can short footstool jumps, and full footstool jumps. If someone is shielding you can sh-footstool them to drop their shield and then fastfall dair, its a combo, lol.

Edit: I thought footstool dropped shields but it doesn't.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
dunno if this has been mentioned anywhere, but you can short footstool jumps, and full footstool jumps. If someone is shielding you can sh-footstool them to drop their shield and then fastfall dair, its a combo, lol.
fa real? i must try that out next time i play.

shanus

Smash Hero
can you get that on vid?

aho43

Smash Lord
K actually did some real testing w/ this. If someone is shielding it seems that you can't or its hard to do short footstool jumps off their shield, and it doesn't drop shields like I initially thought, altho I swear ive done a sh footstool to drop someone's shield and then i daired them, i mightve been mistaken, or maybe they just dropped their shield on their own. its kinda hard to test because i'm holding the other shield button down w/ my big toe. lol. but I went ahead and made a vid. another new thing i noticed. if you do multiple footstool jumps without touching the ground the jump decays. you'll see it in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpPxHnj9EOs

shanus

Smash Hero
K actually did some real testing w/ this. If someone is shielding it seems that you can't or its hard to do short footstool jumps off their shield, and it doesn't drop shields like I initially thought, altho I swear ive done a sh footstool to drop someone's shield and then i daired them, i mightve been mistaken, or maybe they just dropped their shield on their own. its kinda hard to test because i'm holding the other shield button down w/ my big toe. lol. but I went ahead and made a vid. another new thing i noticed. if you do multiple footstool jumps without touching the ground the jump decays. you'll see it in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpPxHnj9EOs
haha thanks for the quick reply. Its too bad it didnt drop shield, it would have been a very nice way to alter approaches for the new easily abused shields/powershields

ptown

Smash Ace
Also, calling the upsmash from dash attack for snake+falco, and whoever else can do it IASA frames isn't quite right. It isn't IASA frames because you have to actually land the hit for it to work...
i've done it without landing a hit with the dash attack...

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
Sorry he has it too. But i dont like that TL might be top Tier cause i used YL in the last one.. :( But thats just me.

ninjitsian

Smash Rookie
Idk if someone already posted this but I think the air dodge to throw should be replaced due to the fact that air dodging doesn't take your jump away. I learned that from hugs

RayJT9

Smash Rookie
Originally Posted by I.T.P.
can anyone verify whether yoshi can do a dashing shield or not? his egg shield might not allow it.
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but I just tried it out - Yoshi can do it but it seems too slow to be worthwhile for him. You need to be dashing for about a second before you can do it, and you get a fair amount of lag after dropping your shield, so you can't C-stick slam as soon as you stop. I was trying to dash-shield then down-smash with C-stick, but even after he drops the shield, for a few frames C-stick down will just make you airdodge.

--Ray

Buju.

Smash Rookie
Thank you this page has been very very helpful. Props to everyone incorporated in it to do all of this work for the community

Silfalas

Smash Rookie
Hi Adi. That's a wonderful compilation. But i want to add something. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
About Hugging. I played Brawl today for the first time and i tried this technique. But i noticed that it's even faster if you fast fall. Saying, it's run towards the stage -> fast fall -> go towards the stage. I tried it with and without fast falling and it's remarkably faster. You just use a quarter of the control stick (down -> right/left) once you left the stage.

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
i think i made a discovery or at least i think so because i haven´t seen it anywhere else and you can´t do it in melee, you can up smash out of shield:chuckle:.i´ve already played brawl in case you were wondering(i think it´s pretty obvious:ohwell:),if you don´t believe me you can try it in a few days or some of the people that has a japanese copy of brawl can try it, it does work and i believe that this might be usefull with a lot of characters, i use it quite often with link.
p.s excuse my grammar errors english isn´t my native language

ninjitsian

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question but I think I forgot how to jump cancel. Maybe I already do it without knowing. Can someone clarify(I know it sounds ridiculous but there is so much I know about smash I tend to forget the little things) what amazes me most is I haven't forgotten anything else(shffling WDing, DI, EHing, etc)

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
okay... so yesterday i was playing C 3(another smasher) and noticed two things i thought were really cool

1. mario's dash attack spiked a person hanging on the ledge after the invincibility frames (looked like a meteor)

2. C 3 overB'd very close to the ledge with luigi and hovered/stayed floating for a while

just thought i'd post this ... i thought it was intresting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom