• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of New Techniques/Discoveries (Updated 3.17.08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Hello this found started on this topic

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142759

On quick words It is a move that let you make a dash attack and instantly do a Usmash

So I decided to test it

so here are my results

first: you can do it only for Usmash, why?

when you are dashing in normal circunstances you can only make a dash attack or a Usmash (you can try with any character, it won't work with Dsamsh or Fsmash)

second: this is proved that works with Wario, Falco and snake, I don´t know why this is not working with fox

third: You can do it by hiting something or not hitting, the second is harder to do

fourth: THE EASIEST WAY TO DO IT!!!

you have to dash normaly, then Down-C and quikly like hell Up-C (on the c-stick)

with the Down-C you perform the dash attack and you don't have to move your finger a lot to make the Usmash, I called it the RaspaStick :p

Here some vids

RaspaStick with Snake
RaspaStick with Falco
RaspaStick with Wario

the reQuest

Smash Rookie
^ sorry bro, thats just the IASA frames for certain characters. Though I didnt know snake and wario had it on there usmash as well.

Damax

Smash Lord
Faster Hugging, works with sonic who can't usually just run off the edge and grab it.

run of the edge, as soon as you are about to get off do a half circle with the Control stick going down (to fast fall) and then toward the stage. the character will look just as if he puts his hand on the edge and falls on it.

Faster hugging, fastfall edgehog, whatever.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
If you didnt even know snake and wario had it what credit do you have to the matter. I dont believe those are iasa frames. Its clearly glitched. Its especially apparent when you watch snakes dash attack.

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't DLX hit canceling be a case of universal buffering combined with really low lag?

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
^No Buffering does not cancel the animation of an attack. It just happens immediately after. Watch snakes dash attack cancel. He stops his animation and does his upsmash.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
um, on the first page, that land cancelling thing with link and ike, thats not a tech, i dont know if anyone realizes, but u can fast fall with the c-stick, so what happens is, he jumps and fast falls....

Zek

Smash Ace
Has anybody done really comprehensive testing to see if there's a way to counteract a trip? i.e. teching out of it, rolling earlier, anything that would eliminate the vulnerable frames? You can reproduce the trip easily by getting someone to spam down-tilts on you with a character like Lucas. I think effort really needs to put into seeing if there's anything that can be done to cancel a trip because it might actually be tolerable if there's any kind of skill component to it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I have trouble with an AT here and require assistance, albiet its nothing too tricky I would hope.

The Jab Cancel is something I've been consistently unable to do without actually showing the shield no matter what frame by frame timing I put into it and its very frustrating; everyone keeps saying shield is the button to cancel it with but its not really giving me any results.

However, if I crouch - you can even buffer a crouch in after you jab a little bit into it, it'll crouch the second its done - then jab the second I see or 'feel' a duck, the jab comes out very rapidly. I can even cancel this into a shield, d tilt, or even a b move quicker than normal.

Sometimes, the crouch after jab doesn't show, in the same manner of notion I'm told the shield isn't meant to for the 'traditional' - as I'll call it for the sake of discussion o.o - way of jab cancelling. Its obscure, though I find my way of getting what I believe is a jab cancel out also helps Ike and other stated characters in the same way I'm told jab cancel is meant to, ala, mindgaming, quick moveswitch versatility, etc.

Help a guy out here? ^^; Is my copy of brawl just slightly weird or what? I don't know, but I've used this fine online against some here - Hitaku, a few others, etc - and its fine for me. But, I'd like to know how to do it a traditional way, maybe.

Weird post I know, as its both a question and a possible discovery in one, but likely its just the former to you guys and you have an answer for me.

Any help?
I been wondering about this too.

Can someone asnwer this question?

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
i heard about something called waveshine but i didnt find it on here. what is it?
wave shine was a technique used in melee with fox.. it's just a combination of the shine+wavedash
...hmmm.. i wonder if u can shine dash cancel with a good amount of slide ... i'm gona test it first thing in the morning

edit: i just realized that since you can ^smash out of dash it's kinda pointless but i'll try it anyway

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Hugging is a stupid name it should be changed. It's really basic and just a way to edgehog.

Same with Craq walk.

PEOPLE HAVE TO STOP NAMING TECHS AFTER THEMSELVES AND NAME THEM SOMETHING THAT REFLECTS WHAT IT ACTUALLY DOES.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
The best moves are going to with Sonic or Lucario ive been told but i think wolf is going to have some good ones too

S623

Smash Apprentice
The best moves are going to with Sonic or Lucario ive been told but i think wolf is going to have some good ones too
Which of the following is true of the post above me?

A) Post your mindless comments in the Sonic/Lucario/Wolf threads
B) All three have great combo potential
C) You spelled "ryusaki" wrong
D) You need to spell better
E) All of the above

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Hey, has extensive testing gone into the "elemental damage" aspect of Brawl? There are theories to both ends, and I'd like to get an official word on it!

Basically, the elemental damage thing works like this: Some (all) characters are "weak" to a particular element (fire, ice, electric, PK/PSI, magic, sword/slash, dark/poison, Aura, etc.) and receive additional damage/knockback from that element. Some supposedly would have a "resistance" as well.

The primary theory extends mainly to knockback and not actual % damage.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
wtf elemental damage 0_o whould be weird to apply a pokemon standart over mario bros characters XD.....I dont think ssbb char can have a boost with elemental aspect.....Maybe the pokemon trainer and lucario but.....yeah I dont know

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I've heard more theories against, but you never know. I half wonder if the different things stickers power up are the "elements" if they even exist. I'll repeat, has testing on this happened already?

S623

Smash Apprentice
I know that the stickers power up certain powers, but I'm not sure if there's a rock-paper-scissors system.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
You know, I believe Sakurai may have implemented tripping to dissuade players from abusing dashing implements. There's so many dashing implements in the game, its rediculous...

Trotting, DashDancing, DACU, running up smashes, reverse back aerial rushes (starts with smashing the opposite direction when leaving the ground to face backwards), among many other things.

I suppose he doesn't want us to just dashdance or trot to humor the enemy. It gives the opponent a chance to strike as you're attempting a sort of mindgame.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
No.

It punishes you for attempting to move.

GG.

****ing Sakurai needs to be shot for this.

Popuri

Smash Apprentice
kainsword

I kind of agree with you but there really was no need, why should we play the way one guy wants us to.? Some people dont like to be controlled, I doubt many compettitive players here are Religious. q:

Vaxxaruis

Smash Apprentice
gah i was talking to a buddy today trying to tell him about the iasa frames on the dash attack on wario/snake/falco and i messed up and said dlx it sounded like i killed some one please can we change the name or just call them iasa frames jeese all this name making is drvining me crazy. I had no problem when it was like the frist new AT then every thing got named after some one. i hope once the game get further in things will change

Damax

Smash Lord
gah i was talking to a buddy today trying to tell him about the iasa frames on the dash attack on wario/snake/falco and i messed up and said dlx it sounded like i killed some one please can we change the name or just call them iasa frames jeese all this name making is drvining me crazy. I had no problem when it was like the frist new AT then every thing got named after some one. i hope once the game get further in things will change
Gatling. :D

Pivot grab :D

and don't forget the :D LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom