• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Scene Without Metaknight- Theorizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
id also see characters like luigi moving up , considering mk is his hardest matchup , lets return to the original topic do you really think mk is hurting this game so much as to be banned?
yes, now let's go back off topic.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb Your sexy.
I know, I know lol

Steel, mistakes can be forced. I don't know what to tell you guys. You say mistakes can't be considered or anything. If that's what match-up's are all about, then I think they are useless, since they have no relevance IRL. You can always force your opponent to make a mistake, that's a major part of the game.

About the 45:55 bad match-up - thing...K. I just though it's weird 'cuz adumbrodeus is always the first to call such disadvantages neutral (in fact most ppl do so)

Wolfandike

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that Toon link will make it to top tier with a ban like this. I do think though that with a ban like this we can finally have fun at tourneys though!

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
of course king dedede has at LEAST a little advantage on marth. Every grab means insane % damage. Which isn't hard since dedede has Melee marth grab range. Snake also gets destroyed because of never ending chain grabs.

D3's spot dodge is insanely fast, and marths fairs and forward smash are not THAT fast. So one wiff is all it takes.

2. Says who? You? Emblem Lord places high all the time! (I don't know about the others since I haven't personally seen their tournament placings). But guess what? You don't even have to play the character in order to have an accurate matchup discussion, you just need to have a thourough understanding of both character's options (it does help if you play the character, but it's not a requirement).

3.What are you using to refer to G&W's matchups then? Your own personal opinion with no debate whatsoever? If there is no accurate matchup chart for G&W, then what do you have to back up your matchup claims.
Too much theory, not enough PLAYING the matchups yourself. You would be surprised how much theory actually doesn't work ingame.

And the boards are not written by top players (the ones who actually go to and win tournaments) most of the time. So they are not always accurate.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I know, I know lol

Steel, mistakes can be forced. I don't know what to tell you guys. You say mistakes can't be considered or anything. If that's what match-up's are all about, then I think they are useless, since they have no relevance IRL. You can always force your opponent to make a mistake, that's a major part of the game.

About the 45:55 bad match-up - thing...K. I just though it's weird 'cuz adumbrodeus is always the first to call such disadvantages neutral (in fact most ppl do so)
I just told you mistakes happen and are considered when discussing match ups.

And like I said, if it was a neutral match up we'd put it at 50:50.. like it was before. We decided to give a slight nod to Dedede in the match up. We may or may not do the same for DK, will also be something we rediscuss.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
of course king dedede has at LEAST a little advantage on marth. Every grab means insane % damage. Which isn't hard since dedede has Melee marth grab range.

D3's spot dodge is insanely fast, and marths fairs and forward smash are not that fast. So one wiff is all it takes.

Too much theory, not enough PLAYING the matchups yourself. You would be surprised how much theory actually doesn't work ingame.

And the boards are not written by top players (the ones who actually go to and win tournaments) most of the time. So they are not always accurate.
WTF? Marth's fair is 4 frames and i believe the fsmash is 10 frames. But that's besides the point.. why do you think Marth is just going to be throwing them out there? Marth abuses D3's spot dodge with dancing blade and draws it out with a spaced dtilt (outside of D3's grab).

And while a good amount of discussing match ups is theory, there are many facts that go along with it and support it. If I say Marth has better pokes than Falco.. that's not theory.. it's fact.

Theory does work in game. They have been tested time and time again in real matches. Obviously, you can't replicate it the entire match.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
i meant because marth is so floaty is fairs are pretty obvious to spot and block. I never said they were crap. And its super easy to block or roll around his forward smash. Its range isnt that great, at least compared to melee.

Theres so much theory on spacing perfectly and crap, but when you actually get into the match, DEDEDE WILL grab you, alot..

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Marth hardly uses fsmash. You can't punish a spaced fair... MAYBE a powershield > ftilt by d3 can do it though. Can it be spot dodged? Sure.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Why is this thread here? Go post this in the existing MK thread.

Also, your matchups are all wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom