• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash Revival. Summit #1 [10/29 - Game Shack]

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone for coming. It was hella fun!

I'm hosting smash on Wednesdays, starting THIS Wednesday Aug 10th at 5:00PM.

Lemme know if you are coming or need my address.

PS, someone left a sensor bar and Silver controller

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
No pity party for you, but you are welcome to come over this Wednesday.
Well I would if I wasn't camping up at golden gate canyon state park building trail. Thankfully it's the end of the summer and I only have 3 days up there instead of the 10 day ones I was doing before. But I will be on a normal schedule after this week and will keep checking on when things are and get my melee on.

telvius

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone I'm looking forward to meeting new avid players of the Smash Series. I enjoy all 3 games but Brawl is my favorite. Just let me know when and where our first competition will be and I'll bring about 3 others players with me to the tourney.

-Ran

Smash Master
Awesome, I'm still working on getting settled at the moment, but I have found a promising venue, except it doesn't open until next month. If you haven't done so, I recommend joining our Facebook group.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Next month, eh?
Oh hey. There's something else that happens next month too.

Who all's planning on spending a weekend in the Video Game room at Nan Desu Kan? I know I am.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
It looks like the Brawl rules touch on this, but in the Melee ruleset where some characters (Sheik :o) have an amazing ledge-guarding game there are no rules for stalling or ledge grabs. I don't mind campy play styles, but I think it might be wise to have a template of what constitutes unsportsmanlike conduct for Melee as well.

-Ran

Smash Master
Sheik can remain invincible the entire time she's on the ledge, to the extent that she can actually avoid taking damage from lava on Brinstar. There has yet to be a case of ledge stalling actually raising an issue in a tournament match. I saw discussions occurring in the Melee section about it, but nothing came about it. I don't recall any drama or anything coming out of Genesis 2 for someone utilizing the ledge game.

Also, every make sure to join the Colorado Smash Facebook group. We already have sixty members. Invite your friends that you play with and so fort. I want to see us reach over a hundred users by the end of September.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/248367238515394/

CategoryKing

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I just moved to Englewood, CO from Pittsburgh, PA. I have always been the best of all of my friends in Smash Bros back in PA, but quite honestly none of them were that great either. To them it was just something fun to play, but for me always take these kind of games seriously. I'm sure I'm no match for a lot of you guys who are much more competitive players, but I have been eager to meet some challenging opponents that will help me get better. I entered a tournament at an anime convention back home a good while ago, and I didn't do as well as I expected, so I know I'm definitely not on a tournament level just yet. I'm desperately searching for a job right now so I'm not sure how my schedule will be, but I'd love to come to anything I'm available for. I don't mind playing Melee every once in a while, but I much prefer to play Brawl.

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, starting next month I'm going to be hosting events which should have a month's notice as to when the dates are going to be. I also attempt to have a date theme, such as the last Saturday of a month. I'm just ironing out details with venues since I just moved here at the start of the month.

We do a significant amount of our chatter on the Facebook group, which I strongly recommend joining.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/248367238515394/

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Sorry but I swore to myself I wouldn't get sucked into Facebook or any social network.

-Ran

Smash Master
One of the purposes of the Facebook Group is so I can leverage how many members we have as a method of obtaining sponsors. Almost up to seventy people. =) I'm also in the running for a manager job at a gaming place that's opening soon. If that's the case, I'm going to be getting weekly events to occur such as Fight Night, where every major fighting game will be featured if I can get their communities to attend, etc.

-Ran

Smash Master
Double post for awesome news. The one important hold up that was keeping me from playing Smash has been resolved. I have officially obtained a job, and even better it's at the location that is going to be serving our as venue for not just monthly events, but weekly meet ups. In the Southlands Mall, there is business called Gameshack that is opening up, which has at least thirty flat panel tvs, consoles, lasertag, food, and so forth. I'm employed there as an event coordinator, with the goal to make their store THE place to be for competitive gaming in the city/state.

I am still working on hammering out the dates/money involved with the events. There are two things that I will be instituting immediately. We will have a monthly tournament series that will occur. I will also be running tournaments for other games as well. To go along with this, I will be hosting Weekly Fight Nights at the venue where -every- fighting game will be welcomed. This will allow the various cultures of games to intermingle. I'll have more details in the near future.

Also, I'm going to have flyers that I'll be creating for the business which will be for the events that I'm hosting. It would do a great service to the community if any of you would be willing to place them at your college campuses, at Gamestops, anime stores, and so forth. I will make sure that Gameshack's ownership is aware of the level of help that the Smash community is going to do to aid their growth. One of their owners was an avid Melee player, and is incredibly hyped at the prospect of being able to play in tournaments for the game. =)

telvius

Smash Rookie
Hey Ran,

I have sent out a request on Facebook. It should come up as AJ Jones. FYI. Should I refer all my questions/dates/times and other tournament info to the facebook page? Or just use this as place of contact?

-Ran

Smash Master
Both methods are adequate in order to obtain information about the scene. Both will have more or less the same information, and with membership the Facebook group it's substantially easier to gain information about when events are going to occur, since you don't have to lurk on a forum. =)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Great work -Ran! You will post details for events on page 1 right?

-Ran

Smash Master
Great work -Ran! You will post details for events on page 1 right?

I'll be posting the events on the first page, creating threads for them, and posting them on Facebook. With Brawl/melee, we're going to want to bring standard def Tvs and set them up on tables to do our events. Since the Wii isn't an HD console, the transcribing of the signals in the HD tvs creates a tremendous amount of lag.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
That venue is Apex/Genesis worthy, how neat would that be if one of those were held in CO?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I want to move to CO now... dang.

TX has 105 deg weather and no venues. Sux man...
CO is a very nice place to be, Zac. You ever been up there? I'm hoping to someday move up there myself.
And the heat isn't that unbearable, and it's only for...half the year.

The venue situation does suck though. ;-;

SabinFigaro24

Smash Apprentice
Name: Harold
Games: Melee, Brawl, MvC3

I won't make all meet-ups or tournaments south of Longmont, but ones in Fort Collins I'll attend regularly. I also have a decent setup to host meet-ups in Fort Collins - my house is near the Foothills Fashion Mall.

skullkid64

Smash Rookie
Centennial, CO
I play brawl and melee, probably better at brawl.
Anyway I'm super hyped for some tournaments, Idk if this will have any influence but due to work and school my best days for tournies would be on Fridays...Sundays would work well too.
Either way lets get this smash scene going!!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
So for those who don't know, -Ran's venue is having it's grand opening this Saturday from 10AM to whenever (midnight).
Here's the event on facebook.
For those who don't want to go to Facebook, here's the address:
6155 South Main St, Aurora, CO 80016-5260

There's going to be a Smash tourney at 6PM. Details:
- Smash Brothers Brawl Free for All -> Single Elimination, top two move on. Items on high, all states on. Max Entry: 32. Prize: Ipod Shuffle.
Yup.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ooo a shuffle.

I was thinking of opening a bank account somewhere, but now I might consider entering.

Top Bottom