• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash Revival. Summit #1 [10/29 - Game Shack]

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Can I come to the event you guys are planning this weekend? I'm not planning to become active in the scene again, but I think it'd be fun, and I may consider going to a tourney or two if I'm not completely horrible. Also, it's in Boulder right? A bit closer for me.

MK is banned here now?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
How do you invalidate most the roster but remain not that great?

I think with mk gone, d3 will rise to powah.

Maybe I'll play again. D3/zss/sonic for life

With a side of marf.

Steam

Smash Hero
How do you invalidate most the roster but remain not that great?

I think with mk gone, d3 will rise to powah.

Maybe I'll play again. D3/zss/sonic for life

With a side of marf.
because there are two groups of characters. characters D3 can chain grab. and characters he can't. This causes him to have a bizzare matchup spread. like Falco, ICs, and MK hard counter him IIRC.

and with MK gone, D3 will get a lot better. but not like top 8 or anything. he'll actually be kind of viable by himself lol. all he is right now is a good secondary for specific matchups.

here's his "official" spread. the MK matchup is worse than advertised IMO

:dedede:
-3: :popo:
-2: :metaknight: :falco: :olimar: :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus:
-1: :diddy: :fox: :pit: :sheilda:
0: :gw: :toonlink: :kirby2: :peach: :sheik:
1: :snake: :wario: :marth: :sonic: :yoshi2: :zelda:
2: :lucario: :wolf: :ike: :lucas: :falcon:
3: :rob: :luigi2: :ness2: :pt: :mario2: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :ganondorf:
4: :dk2: :bowser2:

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy colorado scene has died. Oh and play a real game like melee not that kiddie game Brawl. It wasn't build with competitive scene in mind the way it should have been, and only became competitive because people wanted the upgraded melee which it wasn't. Notice how everyone quit right around the time Brawl came out. Anyways Whats up CO.

Steam

Smash Hero
Oh boy colorado scene has died. Oh and play a real game like melee not that kiddie game Brawl. It wasn't build with competitive scene in mind the way it should have been, and only became competitive because people wanted the upgraded melee which it wasn't. Notice how everyone quit right around the time Brawl came out. Anyways Whats up CO.
you should have made that post any time in like the year or so. now you just make yourself look dumb.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
you should have made that post any time in like the year or so. now you just make yourself look dumb.

Sorry don't quite understand your first sentence. But Ya I pretty much always make my self look dumb in one way or another so nothing new. If you got melee going on I'm down to play, but really not any tournies, because 1, I haven't played in like 2 years or maybe more. And 2 I'm broke.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Oh and play a real game like melee not that kiddie game Brawl.
Please don't instigate this. Melee and Brawl are both valid games.

*Smash on Sunday Aug 7th at my house. 12:00 noon - 6:00PM?. I have 2 TVs.
Please message me for my address.

Steam

Smash Hero
Sorry don't quite understand your first sentence. But Ya I pretty much always make my self look dumb in one way or another so nothing new. If you got melee going on I'm down to play, but really not any tournies, because 1, I haven't played in like 2 years or maybe more. And 2 I'm broke.
because brawl/melee had been dead. but now they're going to be very alive.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Ok Ok Ill stop trolling I just had to make and entrance back on to smash forums. I apologize for being a prick.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
duha is smash history

I thought he died

In a club
Lol I remember that. I stopped going to clubs.

I guess me and Roman are going to play tomorrow cause I haven't played in a few years. but I'll be back in fighting shape in no time. Although I don't have a GC or Wii anymore so I haven't figured out how I'll get good again.

Oh and for you new guys I helped revive a Durango scene that was dead(ya its dead again) in 2006-2007, and we ended up traveling to many tournaments around the Southwest. But I am originally from Denver, I was just up there for school at the time.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Tony would still lose money because of venue fees.

I don't mind that split status, but then I was never in it for the money. <blatant lie

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I'm in highlands ranch, glad to see this scene is going to be revived. I AM only here for summer and winter months though, since I attend college in Texas

:phone:

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Where in Texas, my boy Jared AKA nin9 AKA runningbrave is from Texas. He helped me start the scene back up in Durango with Zenjamin in 2006ish. I think he is in Dallas.

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, Colorado, to be honest, is weak on their out of state interest anyways. As with anything, you need to figure out what your goal is, and I mean SOLID goal. Like is your goal to foster a community of competitive local players? Is your goal to bring the best of the best down here and have large national tournaments? Is your goal to find a way to make Smash a better competitive game?
  1. Increase the size of the community to where 24 is the average monthly attendance for both games.
  2. Create a positive environment for players that are interested in playing to become better without being simple pot fillers.
  3. Find a few people that I can stand having in a car with me for long trips so I can go OOS. =p
  4. Leveraging the increased attendance through a fund to create easier transportation to events and pot incentives for people to travel to us.

By doing the above, you will find answers to all of your questions. You have to start at the ground level and go up from there. If you just start trying to attract the best players, then you're going to find yourself lacking the attendance levels to facilitate that. Focus on building your local scene, and eventually you'll have the resources to make larger events possible. As I've said before, Meta Knight is going to be banned. It is my opinion that he won't be along for much longer in the US. Major states are considering making the switch. I'm actually doing Colorado a favor by placing the ban on him, since we get to start working on developing our characters without MK.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Create a positive environment for players that are interested in playing to become better without being simple pot fillers.
I just want to highlight this point. I would also like to add that people be supportive of both Brawl and Melee.

I am wanting to start a weekly smash event at my house (downtown Denver) on a weekday night (I'm sure many of us are outa practice =P). Would anyone be interested in something like that? If so, when would you be free?

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I would definitely be interested in a smash event that's weekly and at more evening times. Anytime after 5 would be good for me and any day of the week except Thursday's. I am only here for a few more weeks though so after that you'll have to wait a few months before I can attend something like that again.

:phone:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Where in Texas, my boy Jared AKA nin9 AKA runningbrave is from Texas. He helped me start the scene back up in Durango with Zenjamin in 2006ish. I think he is in Dallas.
Running brave is one of my favorite players. Him and I played a lot back in the day.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Hey Ran, what are you up to tomorrow? I'm off work and have no plans and you live like a maximum of 10-15 minutes from me. If you're free at some point I'd love to meet you in person and maybe play some friendlies.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm going to start being active sometime next week with Smash. I need to get a few more affairs in order.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
you mean get a medical license? but they're insanely difficult to get! Why, I bet he'd have to ask for one!

-Ran

Smash Master
Lol, I survived La Smash without partaking, and I'll keep it that way. I don't drink either. ;d

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Awesome UTD I traveled with him tons. I really want to go down to Texas to hang out with him. I really don't like Texas much, but me and him got along real well, we both like smash, and sports lol. Anyways that's awesome you played with him a lot.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Did anyone see that brawl state tier list? I'm not sure it's official and I know that I don't brawl, but we barely even made the list! I suspect that our melee standings would look similar. Let's change that. Also, for Ran since I haven't done this yet. I live in Aurora and play Melee.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
I'm impressed Colorado MADE the list. Hawaii has a better scene and DIDN'T make it.

Also WA should have beaten OR.
Also, also, Spelt shouldn't be our PR person.... ever...

Link for lazy people: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306409

Anyways, this will all change!!! I really wanna be above AZ... they can't run tourna... maybe I shouldn't say bad things about them =X

PS Studmonger, who are you?

Bees!

Smash Ace
yeah see: kansas under idaho.... Kansas is really good.

and we are much lower than we should be too.
Well it was made by an east coast player and they are mad biased. They meatride their own. Even though west coast often thrashes them. West coast even won the crew battle @ Genesis despite having both A!!y and mewtooking.

all in all...I thought the list was a scrubby meatride and had little relevance.

Steam

Smash Hero
yeah I felt a lot of arrogance in MD/VA... then rich brown ***** them all in brawl.

I ***** them all in mario party. logic got the ****.

freast coast.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up.

I cried..... ;(

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!! I don't have work tomorrow!

Sunday Smash from 12:00PM (noon) - WHENEVER!!! (You are all welcome to spend the night if you like).

23rd and Ogden. Please PM me for the address.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know.
My posts can be extremely moving sometimes.

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
Hey, so I may have to buy another gamecube controller since my old one got lost when I was still living with Heibrahi and such but it has been way to long and I need my melee fix guys. I wish I had know about the gathering yesterday but nobody loves me and talks to me anymore :'(

Top Bottom