• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Not many people want to spend money on an airplane ticket to enter a tournament in CO, Or drive more than 8 hours for a 10 man tournament. So I guess excuse them for not being active for a dying game?
When a state expresses interest in coming to your tournament the least you could do is at least post all the necessary info where they can see it, no excuses. We had several people that were interested in coming, but no one in CO seemed to care.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I posted like four times in the facebook group about it, the problem was that Dan was having troubles with the venue and we didn't get the venue confirmed until like two days ago.

If possible you should try to join the CO Smash Facebook group so that you can better communicate with everyone about carpools and such, since very few CO people still check smashboards.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Was the venue change because the fires? :(
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/12/colorado-wildfire-forces-_0_n_3427555.html

I have a fever, depressed, insomnia, family stuff, money, terrible mood right now :urg:
My Word starter program became 'incompatible' after an update to windows. Now I have to spend at least $50 of the money I saved for E3 for a new Word to do work. The company that made Xbox One is managing my computer :facepalm::mad:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
There's a free program that's compatible with all Microsoft Office stuff called OpenOffice/LibreOffice. I use it for Ubuntu and am considering using it for my new comp so I don't have to waste money on Office.

And the venue was changed because Dan couldn't confirm one in the Springs, although the fires are probably a more prominent factor now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's a free program that's compatible with all Microsoft Office stuff called OpenOffice/LibreOffice. I use it for Ubuntu and am considering using it for my new comp so I don't have to waste money on Office.
Thankyou so much! I downloaded Libre and it opened :) Office programs cost a fortune :facepalm:

Bacon&Eggs

Smash Cadet
Hey Colorado, I'm gonna be up in Fort Collins for two weeks starting tomorrow. I'm a Melee player from Hawaii and I'd definitely be down to check out the Melee scene in CO if I have time. If there are any other Fort Collins Melee players, please hit me up!

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately most of the Fort Collins/Greely scene is Brawl and Mario party. I think Boulder is the closest city with a melee presence. Detta would know better than me

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Pretty much everyone in CO plays P:M, but yeah I think there's only one guy in FoCo who does Melee.
If you drove down to Boulder we could probably have a smashfest somewhere, we've got two of the best Melee players in the state here.

Bacon&Eggs

Smash Cadet
I don't think I'll be able to drive out to Boulder, but thanks anyway! I'm here for one more week, and I am still down to play Project M or Melee with any FoCo smashers if there are any.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Peak Precision info:
Since it's been so long since our last Summit and we're in for a new Power Ranking season for each Smash game, I've decided to start up a new tournament series to call my own (since I inherited Summit from -Ran and Dan).
Mario Party 9 players may recognize the throwback to our old MP9 scene with the name of this new series; maybe we can start doing events for it again?!

DETAILS:
This tournament will be taking place on August 31st. The venue is not set in stone yet but I can pretty much guarantee it will be in Boulder, either at my house (for probably the last time) or in a room at University of Colorado Boulder.

EVENTS:
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Project: M Singles
Project: M Doubles
Melee Singles
(If there is enough turnout, time, and setups) Melee Doubles
(Possibly) Mario Party 9 Doubles???

Doubles events will be either Pools or Double Elimination Bracket depending on how many teams enter (pools if 7 or fewer teams, bracket if 8 or more). Since we can probably expect our usual turnouts for the Singles events, they will probably all be Brackets.

FEES:
$10 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events.
There probably won't be a venue fee, but once again a chip-in-for-pizza fee.

RULES:
TBD, but likely the usual Summit rulesets for all games.

More info will be coming as we approach the day of the tournament. Unfortunately I likely won't have an absolute confirmation on the venue until the week before/of the tournament, but again I can pretty much guarantee it will be in Boulder (and the two options are within 10 minutes of each other, so it's not a big difference).

Tesh

Smash Hero
MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

I remember some of you came out last year, so we hope to see you again.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Yeah there's no Megabus stops in Colorado... but there's a strong possibility that people from Colorado are going to be going to this, myself included.

rob_bot5

Smash Rookie
Hey so I'm new to the competitive scene and I'm looking for some people to play melee with, kinda informally, before I go back to school at the end of August.
Anybody know some upcoming smashfests in Denver? I live a couple blocks from DU, if that helps...

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Time to react ate my smash boards account and become active once again.

I have to apologies for my negligence over the year towards the smash community. There really isn't an excuse as to why I dropped off the radar for a good chunk.

Regardless, it's time to start things back up (sorta).

Chocoty1er

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylermpowell
3DS FC
2062-9460-7105
Hey guys in live in parker, co and it is very hard to find people to play with. I have never been to a tournament because of this. what do you guys suggest. thanks

dettadeus

Smash Lord
You're not too far from Denver, where a good chunk of players live.

I've got a tournament up in Boulder on the 31st of August if you want to try to make that. It's probably about an hour long drive from where you are.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm surprised it didn't censor his entire name, C**** the robot?
R.O.B. is displeased.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hi Colorado! I'm a melee player out of St Louis and ill be in CO all week for work. I'm not far from Boulder, I'm staying in Westminster. I smashed with some KC folks on the way out last night. Would love to play. Possibly even as early as tonight.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Peak Precision (8/31/13) Results:
Brawl Singles
1: Fishbait ($66.00) (Falco/Snake)
2: Rubio ($33.00) (Snake)
3: DTL ($11.00) (Toon Link)
4: Detta (R.O.B.)
5: I (Marth)
5: Underload (Snake)
7: SunnySunny (Lucario)
7: DarkSky (Marth)
9: Soapy (Yoshi)
9: 1two (MK/ZSS)
9: Lalo (Ike?)
9: Outplayed-Desu (Various)

Brawl Doubles
1: The Dunkers (Rubio and Detta) ($28.00)
2: Yes (I and 1two) ($12.00)
3: No (Lalo and Sky)
4: When's Marvel? (Trixie and SunnySunny)

Brawl Singles Amateur
1: Shannosan (Brand New GC Controller) (Diddy Kong)
2: Keyo (Marth)
3: JCVD
4: Ryyudo
5: Joe
5: Ken
7: Blue
7: Ian

1: Nite$ ($66.00) (Link)
2: Ace ($33.00) (Sheik?)
3: Lovo ($11.00) (Link)
4: Keyo (Fox)
5: Shannosan (Sheik/Marth)
5: Detta (R.O.B./MK)
7: JCVD (Shiek?)
7: Joe (DK)
9: Syrox (Fox/Falco?)
9: Fishbait (Link/Falco)
9: Lee (Marth?)

1: Based God (Nite$ and Rafa) ($36.00)
2: The Johns (David and John) ($18.00)
3: Blaster Masters (Detta and Syrox) ($6.00)
4: Dig Bick DK (Joe and JCVD)
5: Wine & Cheese (Wine and Cheese)
6: Good and Good (SunnySunny and Lalo)

Melee Singles
1: Ace ($36.00) (Falcon)
2: Syrox ($18.00) (Fox/Falco)
3: Lovo ($6.00) (Link)
4: Ken (Marth)
5: Shannosan (Sheik)
5: Lee (Marth)
7: Nite$ (Falcon)
7: Keyo (Fox)

Mario Party 9 Doubles
1: Sex and Candy (Soapy and Logo)
2: iRubio (Rubio and I)
3: Dig Bick DK (Joe and JCVD)
4: Sub-Zero (Ian and Sean)
5: I dunno how to play this game (Manny and David)
5: Lucky Stars (Kelsey and Roman)
7: Wine & Cheese (Wine and Cheese)
7: Fez
9: Good and Good (SunnySunny and Lalo)
9: How do I MP9 (Detta and Trixie)
9: Something
13: Ken$ And the Ken$ Experience (Jamal and Ken)

Characters are only from what I know or remember seeing so if you have corrections feel free to say so.

Smash Compactor is in like 3 days.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
well smash compactor is saturday

It's time for the second tournament in the series, Smash Compactor!

The tournament will take place in the same venue as last time, Smith Hall's Main Lounge.

I haven't really enforced this in the past because it hasn't presented such a large problem before, but I will be DQ'ing people if I can't get in contact with them within 5 minutes of calling the match. If you go to get food, bring it back with you. If you have to leave the venue for some reason, let me know so we can figure out if you'd be in danger of holding anything up.

EVENTS:
Brawl Singles Pro Bracket
Brawl Singles Amateur Bracket
Brawl Doubles
Melee Singles
Mario Party 9 Doubles

All events will be Double Elimination brackets.

FEES:
$10 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events. Amateur Bracket is free to enter and will have a non-monetary prize for 1st place. Mario Party 9 Doubles will be free to enter and have prizes for 1st and 2nd place.

RULES:
Brawl:
•MK Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- FD, BF, SV, Lylat, Yoshi's Island: Brawl
-Counterpicks:
--PS1, Castle Seige, PS2, Frigate Orpheon
•Striking is P1 - P2 - P2 - P1, winner granted a stage ban
•All sets are Bo3 except WF's, LF's and GF's which are Bo5

Project: M:
•Stagelist:
-Starters: First page bottom row, striking is P1 - P2 - P2 - P1 - P1 - P2
-Counterpicks: First page minus Lylat, with PS1 as a legal counterpick.
•Doubles modifications: Yoshi's Story is replaced by SSE: Jungle as a starter and is otherwise banned. Striking is T1 - T2 - T2 - T1
•Winner is granted 3 stage bans

Melee:
•Wobbling Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- BF, FD, FoD, DL64, YS
-Counterpicks:
-- PS1

Mario Party 9:
Team’s Ruleset (2 vs 2):
Teams are played on the Garden Battle minigame. The player who finishes his/her garden first wins the match for the team he/she is on.

Tentative Schedule:
11:00AM - Venue opens - Setup - Signups start for Brawl Doubles, Project: M Doubles, Mario Party 9 Doubles
12:00PM - Doubles Events Start - Signups start for Brawl Singles, Project: M Singles
2:00PM - Brawl Singles and Project: M Singles Start
3:00PM - Signups start for Melee Singles and Brawl Singles Amateur Bracket
4:00PM/5:00PM - Melee Singles and Brawl Singles Amateur Start
1:00AM - Venue closes (we SHOULD be done by then)

Payout for all events is 60/30/10. Mario Party 9 will have bonus prizes for 1st and 2nd place. Amateur Bracket will have a non-monetary prize for 1st.

Venue:
Smith Hall's Main Lounge at CU Boulder.
Directions to get here:
-From US-36 (coming from Denver or otherwise south): Take the exit onto Baseline at the Denver Boulder Turnpike, where US-36 turns into 28th Street; turn left onto Baseline, then right onto Broadway, right onto Regent (it will be the first right turn), right onto Kittredge Loop Drive (it will be the second right), then head straight and turn left at the traffic circle, then turn right after passing a huge building (the Wolf Law building) into the parking lot and park. Face North and walk forward, the building you'll come to is Smith Hall. I'll try to post signs pointing to the entrance since it's hard to get to from the parking lot.
-From CO-119 (coming from FoCo or otherwise north): Continue onto Foothills Parkway, turn left onto Baseline, then the directions are the same as above.
If you need further directions or help getting to the venue my number is 303-731-9386. As always, bring full setups (I only have one TV and I'm not even sure if I could get it to the lounge).

Please try to SHOW UP EARLY. I'm pushing everything forward an hour and reorganizing a few events so we can try to end a bit earlier. Also, as usual, BRING SETUPS. If you have a Wii with Brawl and Project: M, bring it. If you have a relatively portable TV (or more than one), bring it. The more setups we have, the more smoothly the tournament can run, the more friendlies can be played, the earlier we can finish.
If you want to be super awesome, grab a copy of Mario Party 9 as well. I'll be grabbing my own copy soon so we should have a reasonable number of setups in the future.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Sweet!
Do you want to practice before that happens? I haven't played in a long time and my apartment got flooded so my TV isn't even hooked up atm.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Block and Roll - Sunday 10/27 @2:00PM, Wolf Law Building room 307.

It's time for the third tournament in the series, Block and Roll!

The tournament will take place in a relatively new venue (we kinda used it for part of Smash Compactor), Wolf Law room 307.

I haven't really enforced this in the past because it hasn't presented such a large problem before, but I will be DQ'ing people if I can't get in contact with them within 5 minutes of calling the match. If you go to get food, bring it back with you. If you have to leave the venue for some reason, let me know so we can figure out if you'd be in danger of holding anything up.

EVENTS:
Brawl Singles Pro Bracket
Melee Singles
(IF TIME ALLOWS)
Brawl Doubles

All events will be Double Elimination brackets.

FEES:
$5 Venue fee.
$10 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events if they happen.

RULES:
Brawl:
•MK Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- FD, BF, SV, Lylat, Yoshi's Island: Brawl
-Counterpicks:
--PS1, Castle Seige, PS2, Frigate Orpheon

Project: M:
•Stagelist:
-Starters: First page bottom row, striking is P1 - P2 - P2 - P1 - P1 - P2
-Counterpicks: First page minus Lylat, with PS1 as a legal counterpick.
•Doubles modifications: Yoshi's Story is replaced by SSE: Jungle as a starter and is otherwise banned. Striking is T1 - T2 - T2 - T1
•Winner is granted 3 stage bans

Melee:
•Wobbling Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- BF, FD, FoD, DL64, YS
-Counterpicks:
-- PS1

Mario Party 9:
Team’s Ruleset (2 vs 2):
Teams are played on the Garden Battle minigame. The player who finishes his/her garden first wins the match for the team he/she is on.

Tentative Schedule:
2:00PM - Venue opens - Setup - Signups start for Brawl Singles, Project: M Singles, Melee Singles
3:00PM - Singles Events start
7:00PM - If Singles events are finished: Signups for Brawl Doubles, Project M Doubles
11:00PM - Venue closes (we SHOULD be done by then)

Payout for all events is 60/30/10.

Venue:
Wolf Law Building room 307, at CU Boulder.
Directions to get here:
-From US-36 (coming from Denver or otherwise south): Take the exit onto Baseline at the Denver Boulder Turnpike, where US-36 turns into 28th Street; turn left onto Baseline, then right onto Broadway, right onto Regent (it will be the first right turn), right onto Kittredge Loop Drive (it will be the second right), then head straight and turn left at the traffic circle, then turn right after passing a huge building (the Wolf Law building) into the parking lot and park.
-From CO-119 (coming from FoCo or otherwise north): Continue onto Foothills Parkway, turn left onto Baseline, then the directions are the same as above.
If you need further directions or help getting to the venue my number is 303-731-9386. As always, bring full setups.

Please try to SHOW UP EARLY. The tournament is starting quite a bit later than usual due to another event happening in the building, and we want to make a good first impression so we can use the room in the future. Also, as usual, BRING SETUPS. If you have a Wii with Brawl and Project: M, bring it. If you have a relatively portable TV (or more than one), bring it. The more setups we have, the more smoothly the tournament can run, the more friendlies can be played, the earlier we can finish.

Also, BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOR. This is the first time we'll be in this venue and I want it to be somewhere we can use again. If all goes well, we should be able to get the same room (or a better one) reserved further in advance for future tournaments (and with significantly less hassle). This means cleaning up any messes you make, properly throwing out trash, keeping hype to a minimum (a.k.a. try to not be super loud), etc. Obviously you can find and ask me if you have any questions.

Top Bottom