• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Rizen

Smash Legend
Interested but 95% sure I can't :'( . I'm in a hell of a spot right now with money and family stuff.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So is anyone in CO interested in coming out to that tourney? It's looking like it's gonna be a good tourney?
No one has made a smashboards thread for it yet, but there is one on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/events/421229641288882/

Interested but 95% sure I can't :'( . I'm in a hell of a spot right now with money and family stuff.
You gotta go to that event because I'll be there and I'll play Link/Wolf and/or Link/Link ad/or Wolf/Wolf vs you. I've been doing some nasty **** with Link lately.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^It's not that simple :(. My mom has fibromyalgia with fatigue, brain fog and tons of pain. My grandma's 89 and had to go to the hospital because fluid and blood clots in her lungs. She got out a few days ago but has to be on oxygen 24/7 for at least a while. But the big cylinders she started with were too big to wheel around and she was afraid she'd be forced to move out of independent living in her retirement center. Her social security already falls short her rent, eating her savings, and she simply can't afford assisted living. So she needs to stay independent or leave which would probably mean moving into a 3 bedroom apt with my mom and me :scared::nervous::urg::skull: . My mom got oral surgery recently aka tooth pulled. So I've been doing 3 people's laundry, house cleaning, shopping, cat care etc to pull everyone through. And my Aunt/Uncle are trying to sell their house because they bought it as an investment then the economy collapsed, banks ****ed people over with mortgages and they were kind of stupid with excess spending anyway. (Why I care about SS and activism). So my gma loaned them over $70k of her savings and they need to sell the house to even pay some of that back. Doctor/dentist bills really chip away and the dollar just doesn't go anywhere these days. I'm really sympathizing with this http://www.metrolyrics.com/dust-bowl-lyrics-natalie-merchant.html

So while I have been smart, not piled any debts and done everything the hard way all my life, I still am obligated with things. Even if I had the money I couldn't make it :crying:. Isn't it a wonderful life?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
MegarobMan, do you mean you're coming out to the Salt Fest tourney in UT? Cause that's the one I was talking about but your link was to Z4. It looks like we have M2K, Vegas, and maybe AZ coming out for it and M2K said something about a Midwest carpool coming out as well. Along with what will probably end up being a $250 pot bonus for each game, it should be an awesome tourney.

Rizen, sounds like you're in a tough spot. Hope things work out for you man.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Rizen-Oh. Yeah, you do what's best.

Ken-No lol. M2K knows about midwest carpools? That's awesome. He should let me know next time he's in the MW.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You guys get a lot of these. But ya know

Reminder, Tournament April 20th of 2013.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwgh...-jj-rockets-delux-thugz.333458/#post-15290806

Also because I love to troll, I reset the brawl votes and made it a bit better so revote if you didn't last time.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwghc-4-20-the-actual-nebraska-9th-stage-list.335477/

Also because I like democracy, here's the link again to vote for the melee doubles stage

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwghc-4-20-melee-doubles-bonus-stage-vote.334807/

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey Colorado, I know no one's felt like replying to this, but is anyone thinking about coming out to UT for the tournament on May 11th? M2K is no longer coming, so the huge pot is up for grabs for any local/regional player that thinks they have what it takes. Up to $250 pot bonus on top of the pot is quite a bit of money.

And just a reminder, there's Brawl and Melee, as well as LoL, Street Fighter, Halo, Marvel, Persona, Mortal Combat, Soul Caliber, and StarCraft. (A bunch of those games getting big names out for it too, like Justin Wong and Chris G, for example) And the pot bonus for both brawl and melee is guaranteed at $150 per game and can go up to $250 if we get 32 entrants pre-registered by the end of April. The tournament is on May 11th, hopefully at least some of you will be able to make it.

It's been too long since UT and CO have been able to play each other, you guys should come show us how much you've improved. A crew battle would be sweet.

xDarkSkyX

Smash Rookie
Hey Colorado, I know no one's felt like replying to this, but is anyone thinking about coming out to UT for the tournament on May 11th? M2K is no longer coming, so the huge pot is up for grabs for any local/regional player that thinks they have what it takes. Up to $250 pot bonus on top of the pot is quite a bit of money.

And just a reminder, there's Brawl and Melee, as well as LoL, Street Fighter, Halo, Marvel, Persona, Mortal Combat, Soul Caliber, and StarCraft. (A bunch of those games getting big names out for it too, like Justin Wong and Chris G, for example) And the pot bonus for both brawl and melee is guaranteed at $150 per game and can go up to $250 if we get 32 entrants pre-registered by the end of April. The tournament is on May 11th, hopefully at least some of you will be able to make it.

It's been too long since UT and CO have been able to play each other, you guys should come show us how much you've improved. A crew battle would be sweet.
I am one of Colorado's players but I cant help to feel like if the scene in Colorado for Brawl is dying. Project M and 64 seems to be getting quite the hype and well those are the only games that have been hosting fests and tournaments during the last 2-3 months. Im sorry if Colorado players havent replied to this. But dont get the wrong idea, im just one person out of many, so my words only speak on what i feel. Hopefully more will get into discussion later on.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I posted it in the FB group right after you posted in this thread.

The reason Brawl seems "dead" is because I'm basically the only Brawl TO and I've been super busy this semester with schoolwork and junk. I'm hoping to host something towards the end of May as a graduation party, then there's Z4 in mid-June, Get Hype 3 in late June, and then EVO.

Later in the year I'll be able to host regularly again.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
There are people willing to house that have offered housing to any OoS that comes. And if that doesnt work, I could house people too if needed, though I live a little farther from the venue than the salt lake smashers. And I'm sure someone could give you a ride as well (are you thinking of flying in or something?)

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
I
There are people willing to house that have offered housing to any OoS that comes. And if that doesnt work, I could house people too if needed, though I live a little farther from the venue than the salt lake smashers. And I'm sure someone could give you a ride as well (are you thinking of flying in or something?)
have a layover in salt lake that morning but I'll just push my second flight back so I can stay for the tournament. Would need ride from airport probably, not sure how far the venue is.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The venue is in salt lake so it shouldn't be too hard for someone to pick you up. If you're pretty sure you'll be doing that then I'll start asking around to see who would be able to get you. Also, I can get you a code for $10 off pre registration (that goes for anyone else too). What games would you be entering in?

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
There's some marvel guys going out there from CO to Salt fest.

Although for Brawl specifically, I'm not sure.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Results from Pre-Z:

PM 1V1 16 ENTRANTS Bracket: challonge.com/prezpm1
1. RS~Syrox ($49 + Nerf Gun w/Laser)
2. Keyo ($25)
3. Hatz! ($9 *forfeited out of loser's final)
4. Studmonger
5. K-ICE ; Rush
7. Tryce ; Roman
9. JCVD ; Detta ; Bigs ; Lucas
13. Sunny ; Trixie ; Dart ; Mister J

PM 2v2 5 teams
1. Teen Titans (Keyo + Hatz!) $40
2. Iron Fury (Tryce + Brian) $10
3. Big Syrup (Bigs + RS~Syrox)
4. Kyle + Sean
5. How do I PM (Detta + Trixie)

Brawl 1v1 9 ENTRANTS Bracket: http://challonge.com/prezbrr1
1. Detta ($27)
2. Reggie ($14)
3. Sunny ($6)
4. I
5. Steven ; Bigs
7. Rush ; Trixie
9. Dart

Brawl 2v2:
1. Detta + I
2. Steven + Reggie
3. SunnySunny + Trixie
4. Rush + Bigs

Melee 1v1 Bracket http://challonge.com/prezm1
1. Keyo
2. RS~ Syrox
3. Tryce
4. Roman
5. Detta ; Mister J
7. Brian

Also some Foothills Fest 2 Results:
http://challonge.com/foothills2brawlsingles
http://challonge.com/foothills2pmsingles
http://challonge.com/foothills2meleesingles

@Kenneth the thread should be up sometime soon, apparently Dan is still waiting to confirm the venue or something?
Housing should be available, I'll ask in the FB group for you.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
K, the sooner the better for having a chance of Utah making it out.

Also, who's all coming? And will there be more than 9 CO players coming? You should hype it up and get all the local players out to it.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Jace08

Smash Lord
sup guys, I play melee but lux was cool enough to offer me a ride to your tournament this weekend. I would really love to meet some colorado melee players, but... does colorado have melee players? I legitimately don't know, please help me out here

I saw that there will be a 64 tourney too, which I would love and definitely enter

dettadeus

Smash Lord
we have somewhere around 15 melee players, i remember melee at Z3 getting somewhere around 20 entrants though maybe?

some new people have popped up in the scene too and are taking the tournaments by storm so there'll be some competition

EDIT: ALSO for anyone who checks here and not the FB page for information (since a smashboards thread still doesn't exist...) it's been moved to the Colorado School of Mines in Golden

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Utah isn't coming. You guys need to be more active about hyping it up and getting it out there where people outside of CO can actually see it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not many people want to spend money on an airplane ticket to enter a tournament in CO, Or drive more than 8 hours for a 10 man tournament. So I guess excuse them for not being active for a dying game?

Jace08

Smash Lord
we have somewhere around 15 melee players, i remember melee at Z3 getting somewhere around 20 entrants though maybe?

some new people have popped up in the scene too and are taking the tournaments by storm so there'll be some competition

alright thanks for the heads up. I plan to go ahead and come out then. Looking forward to meeting lots of new players!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Not many people want to spend money on an airplane ticket to enter a tournament in CO, Or drive more than 8 hours for a 10 man tournament. So I guess excuse them for not being active for a dying game?
Brawl's not dying, it's sleeping >.> <.<

I don't blame you. I probably won't make it and I live here. I've been busy with this and that :urg:

Top Bottom