• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
wtf are you guys *****ing about, if you guys seriously have 27 setups then you'll be fine, just put me in charge tournament will be done before 12 :cool:

sneakytako

Smash Lord
What you guys don't understand is that it takes time to report your match, find your opponent, find your station, put in your names, strike stages, consider your CPs, take breaks between games, and other BS. The 25 min considers all of that.

Anyway my phone is dead Chi, but I'll call you later tonight :p. How many confirmed setups do we have btw?

EDIT: Btw usually Chi can/has made this work in the past, but every time it's get's a little bit more crazy lol.

clowsui

Smash Legend
tako we should train sometime this week anyways

OP lists it, we have 27 confirmed setups but ppl flake all the time so i'd say we have around 23

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Chi-Go out and buy some of those restaurant buzzers, the red light up buzzers and give it to the most responsible member of the smoker community.

Buzz them when it's 5 minutes before they have to come inside so they will be there in at least 10.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
they go a ways.

you can normally go around to the buildings around the restaurant

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So this is something I should have been thinking about for like weeks now, but what's my best bet for getting here? I have a car available, but its a 9 hour drive with no traffic and that takes its toll on a lone driver. Are there like any good bus routes I could look into?

I'm in northern VA btw.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Whenever I'm in charge of Lain he has never ONCE been off his **** lol. He listens to me and me only, it's really strange.

That being said my final word on the subject until we make an announcement is this:

Guys, please just be aware of the time constraints. I posted the schedule up not to make everyone panic but rather to make everyone realize the extreme possibilities of our situation. It is VERY possible, if people do not cooperate, that we can end up at a terrible, terrible finish time. So long as everybody is on the same page, that's all I really wanted to accomplish with this schedule. It is UNLIKELY that each round will take 25 minutes, it is LIKELY that we will be starting matches ASAP like Delta-cod brought up, etc. Just be aware that you all play a part in making this tournament a success.
It's an asian thing.

Dude with 27 setups if I fail I will just commit seppuku
:jigglypuff:
:denzel:

:shyguy::shyguy::shyguy:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
how far do the signals transmit?
Are you serious? :p

Say "when I call your match, if you are not there in 5 minutes I reserve the right to DQ you" and make it obvious you will do it. If someone doesn't believe you, DQ them the first chance you get and say "You knew the rules when you signed up".

Pretty simple imo.

LOE1

Smash Lord
welp, im a wario main who is HM'd in MI, i'd say just a little below blue rouge good.

i dont really know who you are, but ive heard you're pretty good, so what do ya say?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
welp, im a wario main who is HM'd in MI, i'd say just a little below blue rouge good.

i dont really know who you are, but ive heard you're pretty good, so what do ya say?
BELOW blue rogue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma0BDNcrFF0

I guess you'll have to step it up.......

Oh wait, that was from two years ago. That's right, I don't play anymore.

But in all seriousness I don't play anymore at all. I'll occasionally go to a tournament, but it's generally just to see friends (Y.b.M. at this one) or sell bead art (also at this one). I haven't beaten anyone notable in the past year that I can remember other than Kel's marth during his early stages of learning the character and even then they were close games.

I may join doubles with someone random at the event if they need a partner and want to do something fun or are willing to pay my entry fee, but I wouldn't suggest paying for it; I could probably get 5th or 7th with Kel but Kel's still decent and deserves a partner who plays at least some of the time.

If MK were legal I could still do well because, well, he's easy. But if MK were legal I wouldn't be here so it is a moot point. :B

If you don't have a teammate at the event, lemme know. I'd practice to team with someone I know of, but randoms I would not do so.

That said:

You aren't slightly below Blue Rogue. I can tell you that right now, because you say you're an "honorable mention" on MI's power ranking and you're asking a stranger to team with you because you "heard he's good". If you were even half as good as Blue Rogue you wouldn't be an honorable mention, you would already know who is good, and you would have others asking you to team rather than the other way around.

If I was in my prime and Kel said "let's not team this time" I'd have a teammate in about half a second. Now, I don't play so the only offers I'll get are from randoms, friends, or people that just don't happen to have a partner at the time.

When trying to get someone to team with you that you feel is above your skill level, you don't have to sell yourself; it just makes you look weak and, worse still, unable to properly assess your own abilities. No one wants to team with that.

People talk a lot of smack on the boards to play themselves up, and I do too, but the smart ones aren't serious about it. It's just fun to talk about because it makes matches more exciting. Last time I played Zinoto was in pools and I lost the last game of the set on Brinstar by stupidly running out of fuel; the game was going just fine otherwise. I could talk smack about it and say things like "you'll get lucky this time" and whatnot, but everyone (should, at least) knows that Zinoto has been playing and I haven't so the gap should only be wider. They'll cheer at these popularized matches, but they already know the likely outcome for most of them. It is very rare these things are serious.

It is the same with noobs, except they're being serious when they say things like that. The biggest sign of being "bad" is being unable to properly assess your skill level. If you get a placement like 17th or 25th in a normal tournament (at larger tournaments it can be acceptable, but still telling) and you post on the boards about a bad matchup, or something lame happening in a set? If you don't make it out of pools (real pools, not "I'm a bad TO" pools that only let top two out into bracket)? If you have a "personal best" or a placement you consistently get that isn't in the money?

If you can answer yes to those questions you aren't good. Period. You can be getting better, but you're still not there yet until you can ask someone to team by just saying "Hey, I need a teammate. Want to team?" with no qualifiers because your placements have spoken for themselves.

But if you are on a lower level and you want to team with someone you believe is higher than you, don't sell yourself.

Instead, acknowledge that you aren't going to win money (even if you team with M2K or Ally) and then ask "Can I team with you? I think you could teach me a lot." and then let them do so. Many medium-level players and washed up old fogeys like me will happily show a player who hasn't gotten there yet how to get there and won't care if they win or lose. You'll get much better results.

Also, I watched your matches from a month ago. Stop full hopping for short-distance space and wasting your full jump every time. I just got the image of you tapping X really fast whenever you were on the ground after landing. It got you hit by aerials multiple times (was the cause of most of your deaths vs. ally, if I recall), and you lost a lot of space you needed to stay near your teammate whenever they had an opportunity to ignore your jump. You'd go up, they'd hit your teammate or run away, and you could do nothing the entire time while falling. Start empty short-hopping and using your second jump if they approach or whiff when they are in a position to threaten your teammate; doubles ain't singles and your teammate needs your help. :B

</overswarm>

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I will laugh if LOE1 places exactly one bracket match in terms of placing behind Blue Rogue (assuming he's going)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
BELOW blue rogue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma0BDNcrFF0

I guess you'll have to step it up.......

Oh wait, that was from two years ago. That's right, I don't play anymore.

But in all seriousness I don't play anymore at all. I'll occasionally go to a tournament, but it's generally just to see friends (Y.b.M. at this one) or sell bead art (also at this one). I haven't beaten anyone notable in the past year that I can remember other than Kel's marth during his early stages of learning the character and even then they were close games.

I may join doubles with someone random at the event if they need a partner and want to do something fun or are willing to pay my entry fee, but I wouldn't suggest paying for it; I could probably get 5th or 7th with Kel but Kel's still decent and deserves a partner who plays at least some of the time.

If MK were legal I could still do well because, well, he's easy. But if MK were legal I wouldn't be here so it is a moot point. :B

If you don't have a teammate at the event, lemme know. I'd practice to team with someone I know of, but randoms I would not do so.

That said:

You aren't slightly below Blue Rogue. I can tell you that right now, because you say you're an "honorable mention" on MI's power ranking and you're asking a stranger to team with you because you "heard he's good". If you were even half as good as Blue Rogue you wouldn't be an honorable mention, you would already know who is good, and you would have others asking you to team rather than the other way around.

If I was in my prime and Kel said "let's not team this time" I'd have a teammate in about half a second. Now, I don't play so the only offers I'll get are from randoms, friends, or people that just don't happen to have a partner at the time.

When trying to get someone to team with you that you feel is above your skill level, you don't have to sell yourself; it just makes you look weak and, worse still, unable to properly assess your own abilities. No one wants to team with that.

People talk a lot of smack on the boards to play themselves up, and I do too, but the smart ones aren't serious about it. It's just fun to talk about because it makes matches more exciting. Last time I played Zinoto was in pools and I lost the last game of the set on Brinstar by stupidly running out of fuel; the game was going just fine otherwise. I could talk smack about it and say things like "you'll get lucky this time" and whatnot, but everyone (should, at least) knows that Zinoto has been playing and I haven't so the gap should only be wider. They'll cheer at these popularized matches, but they already know the likely outcome for most of them. It is very rare these things are serious.

It is the same with noobs, except they're being serious when they say things like that. The biggest sign of being "bad" is being unable to properly assess your skill level. If you get a placement like 17th or 25th in a normal tournament (at larger tournaments it can be acceptable, but still telling) and you post on the boards about a bad matchup, or something lame happening in a set? If you don't make it out of pools (real pools, not "I'm a bad TO" pools that only let top two out into bracket)? If you have a "personal best" or a placement you consistently get that isn't in the money?

If you can answer yes to those questions you aren't good. Period. You can be getting better, but you're still not there yet until you can ask someone to team by just saying "Hey, I need a teammate. Want to team?" with no qualifiers because your placements have spoken for themselves.

But if you are on a lower level and you want to team with someone you believe is higher than you, don't sell yourself.

Instead, acknowledge that you aren't going to win money (even if you team with M2K or Ally) and then ask "Can I team with you? I think you could teach me a lot." and then let them do so. Many medium-level players and washed up old fogeys like me will happily show a player who hasn't gotten there yet how to get there and won't care if they win or lose. You'll get much better results.

Also, I watched your matches from a month ago. Stop full hopping for short-distance space and wasting your full jump every time. I just got the image of you tapping X really fast whenever you were on the ground after landing. It got you hit by aerials multiple times (was the cause of most of your deaths vs. ally, if I recall), and you lost a lot of space you needed to stay near your teammate whenever they had an opportunity to ignore your jump. You'd go up, they'd hit your teammate or run away, and you could do nothing the entire time while falling. Start empty short-hopping and using your second jump if they approach or whiff when they are in a position to threaten your teammate; doubles ain't singles and your teammate needs your help. :B

</overswarm>
Not even 16 year olds are safe.

Real talk though, I have nothing but respect for OS though. This man.actually tells you what you're doing wrong. And he doesn't play seriously anymore. Says a lot about a person.

Roller

Smash Legend
wow @ just below blue rogue good
Actually. If you had asked me over summer what I thought of LOE1 as a player, I would have told you he was "eh" at best...

Since that time tho.. He's improved A LOT.

He beat Tutu last tourney... Last time Tutu played BR he beat him so badly that BR went sonic game 2 in an attempt to just not get embarrassed. (didn't work, btw)

I don't think him saying he is a little below BR is at all inaccurate. In fact, if he could make it to AA smashfests I'm pretty confident he would be arguably better than BR in ~2 months or less.

No offense intended to BR at all, he's a great guy and a good player (and the sheik mu is stupid as hell), this post is only meant to praise LOE1's recent improvement, and to help him justify his claim. Because it is valid.

*To clarify, not saying LOE1 is better than BR, but agreeing that he is not far behind. ESPECIALLY in doubles. Kid carried me the other week. We took a set off Tutu+Zinoto; and I suck at doubles... So.

TranqJim

Smash Cadet
Actually. If you had asked me over summer what I thought of LOE1 as a player, I would have told you he was "eh" at best...

He beat Tutu last tourney... Last time Tutu played BR he beat him so badly that BR went sonic game 2 in an attempt to just not get embarrassed. (didn't work, btw)

I don't think him saying he is a little below BR is at all inaccurate. In fact, if he could make it to AA smashfests I'm pretty confident he would be arguably better than BR in ~2 months or less.

No offense intended to BR at all, he's a great guy and a good player (and the sheik mu is stupid as hell), this post is only meant to praise LOE1's recent improvement, and to help him justify his claim. Because it is valid.

*To clarify, not saying LOE1 is better than BR, but agreeing that he is not far behind. ESPECIALLY in doubles. Kid carried me the other week. We took a set off Tutu+Zinoto; and I suck at doubles... So.
good point. we'll just have to see i guess

Zinoto

Smash Lord

^ Did the work for me lol.

I think you're overestimating Blue Rogue's skill. He is a good :wario:, but to say that LOE1's skill isn't even half of BR's isn't only inaccurate, it's just plain silly. Also using our PR as a justification for it is incorrect too. Roller isn't on it and he beat Blue Rogue last month. Does that mean your justification works towards BR as well?

That aside, I'd argue that LOE1's skill level is in fact slightly below Blue Rogue's. You could've also just said no if you didn't wanna team with him instead of writing a block of text >.>;

Roller

Smash Legend
Yo the MI PR that has Lain at 5th? That's what we're using to gauge skill?
...No. It is not.

Lain is not 5th on the MI PR.

Only Ally and Zinoto are above him. And Zinoto is either undefeated vs Lain, or if he has a loss it was at his first tournament ever, just over a year ago. I think Lain is ranked correctly. Actually, if you just go off of that season's performances alone.. He SHOULD probably be 4th or 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom