• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPx

Smash Lord
double wario sucks, japanese aren't human so it doesn't count
and i've teamed with krys, bassem, and hunger :/

you'll think its fun when you fight any character with a disjointed hitbox/sword loooool

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Also, apparently Raziek is going? We should do some mock team play since we never did it when you were going to go to MLG I thought is when we were chatting it up on teams lol. I think my team mate for this is going to be Rene tho but I think it might be fun.
Nah, it was Brainshock I think. I went to MLG Dallas as I had planned.

I'd be happy to **** around a bit in friendlies, but I'm already teaming with a better Wario for bracket. <3

#shotsfired

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Nah, it was Brainshock I think. I went to MLG Dallas as I had planned.

I'd be happy to **** around a bit in friendlies, but I'm already teaming with a better Wario for bracket. <3

#shotsfired
I'm sure, I'm sure, I mean, I'm a dual main, and my wins don't really matter.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Here's the new schedule.

RETRIBUTION SCHEDULE

10:00 – 11:30 Setup/Registration
11:30 – 12:00 Doubles Bracket Creation
12:00 - 12:05 Announcements
12:05 – 12:30 Doubles WBR1
12:30 – 12:55 Doubles WBR2/LBR1
12:55 – 1:20 Doubles WBR3/LBR2
1:20 – 1:45 Doubles WSF1/LBR3
1:45 – 2:10 Doubles WSF2/LBR4
2:10 – 2:35 Doubles LBR5
2:35 - 3:00 Doubles LQF
------
3:00 - 5:05 Singles Pools Wave 1
5:05 - 7:10 Singles Pools Wave 2
------
3:00 – 3:40 Doubles LSF/WF
3:40 – 4:20 Doubles LF
4:20 – 5:40 Doubles GF
--
7:10 – 7:35 48-Man Bracket Singles WBR1
7:35 - 8:00 WBR2
8:00 - 8:25 LBR2
8:25 - 8:50 WBR3/LBR3
8:50 - 9:15 WQFTop/LBR4
9:15 - 9:40 WQFBot/LBR5
9:40 - 10:05 WSF1/LBR6
10:30 – 10:55 WSF2/LBR7
10:55 - 11:35 WF/LQF/LSF
11:35 - 12:15 LF
12:15 - 1:35 GF

Do you see this? If you mother****ers slack off, we WILL end up @ a 2am finish time.

Oh, and please note that the arcade closes at 1:00. Meaning we will have yet another 3:00am finish if this isn't fixed.

25 minute estimates per round are dumb and unrealistic but so long as people are stupid and take excessive breaks my estimates will not be too far off.

If doubles doesn't run well or people flake on TVs we're going to go to do bracket pools. Secret's out.

clowsui

Smash Legend
whoops didn't adjust the numbers correctly i'm a scrub

turns out my original schedule had bad math lmfao

this puts us in a lot of trouble...

considering all options now.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hilt and I will talk about this and we'll come up with things.

For now, don't freak out @ the 2/3AM finish time. This will only happen if people slack HARDCORE, WF/GF/LF take the maximum amount of time (unlikely), or both of the above.

clowsui

Smash Legend
the current plan is based on 16 pools of 6

since i have these grim *** time estimates right now I will be considering the following
4 man pools (hate this option but no choice -__-)
bracket pools (size tbd)
straight to bracket (>___>)

OK so if you remove the bracket adjustment/P-1 Zino MM period we end up at a 1:35 estimate, which is...not really any better than before but better than the 2am **** i had before.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
You have another option Chi.

Elim more. Top 2 make it out for a 32 man bracket. But only saves like maybe an hour. And run into same problems as 4 man pools.

clowsui

Smash Legend
4 man pools defeat the whole purpose of pools which is to accurately determine the skills of players on a given day. I may as well just run straight bracket or bracket pools that way

eliminating more gets gripes from everyone lmao. saving an hour is nice though. we'll leave the option on the table

clowsui

Smash Legend
I removed it -_-; check above

it actually will probably not take me 30 min to make a good doubles bracket so time will be saved there.

in any case hilt and i will talk about it tonight and we will make a big post with a bunch of announcements regarding our intentions w respect to this issue

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm sorry, but were you seriously under the impression we'd be getting out of there before 2am?

How many years of these does it take for you people to catch on?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Do you not understand that I am working hard to prevent that outcome? Seriously I would appreciate it if you offered constructive and fair solutions to this scenario that I have not already mentioned. OR you could just discuss the stuff that has come up already.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, this entire situation is also assuming everything takes as long as possible, right?

So, theoretically, the time per round should be shorter than what you have calculated, because MJG and I will not be playing every single set in tournament.

There's also the option of starting rounds while the previous ones are going on, for example, if we're at:

12:30 – 12:55 Doubles WBR2/LBR1
12:55 – 1:20 Doubles WBR3/LBR2

And there's like, one or two sets lagging behind in WBR2/LBR1, you can still move forward with the rest of bracket that's ready in WBR3/LBR2.

Also, being extremely strict on DQs for being late to matches will also save time if people are slacking.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm not criticizing you for your time management. This is just always going to happen.

People are going to take breaks.

LAIN MAY BE HERE.

Tech and I have sets where every game goes to time pretty frequently.

MJG is GOING to time people out.

Deltacod is GOING to Deltacod people.

Unforeseen problems are GOING to pop up

SOMEONE is going to not bring a "guaranteed" tv.

I personally don't mind. I just accept it.

LOE1

Smash Lord
I'm not criticizing you for your time management. This is just always going to happen.

People are going to take breaks.

LAIN MAY BE HERE.

Tech and I have sets where every game goes to time pretty frequently.

MJG is GOING to time people out.

Deltacod is GOING to Deltacod people.

Unforeseen problems are GOING to pop up

SOMEONE is going to not bring a "guaranteed" tv.

I personally don't mind. I just accept it.
you forgot to add LOE1 to that time out list

clowsui

Smash Legend
Whenever I'm in charge of Lain he has never ONCE been off his **** lol. He listens to me and me only, it's really strange.

That being said my final word on the subject until we make an announcement is this:

Guys, please just be aware of the time constraints. I posted the schedule up not to make everyone panic but rather to make everyone realize the extreme possibilities of our situation. It is VERY possible, if people do not cooperate, that we can end up at a terrible, terrible finish time. So long as everybody is on the same page, that's all I really wanted to accomplish with this schedule. It is UNLIKELY that each round will take 25 minutes, it is LIKELY that we will be starting matches ASAP like Delta-cod brought up, etc. Just be aware that you all play a part in making this tournament a success.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So, theoretically, the time per round should be shorter than what you have calculated, because MJG and I will not be playing every single set in tournament.
None of my matches will go to time either.

:phone:

And I probably won't have to go to game three most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom