• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
... Could this possibly mean.... ISAAC?! Oh god the possibilites
I was just going to mention this, but with more detailing.

Aside from Mewtwo (the obvious one), no other character should really be expected to come out before the remaining vBrawl characters. Mewtwo is in the process of coding, has had some work put into him, is quite iconic and there's a reference (Melee), so things are under-way and he could very well show up before someone like Ice Climbers/Yoshi/Kirby are finished up since they involve so much work in themselves, and technical issues, whatever (I don't know the details of this) that could potentially make them as much work as Mewtwo even.

Otherwise, if anyone is to be added, it will likely be one of 2 things, and also 'should' be one of these 2 things.

1) Something simple, functional, fairly modernly known and established. Possibly as a long-term project used as a base for developing things further regarding things that HAVE NO REFERENCE. A character that has a lot of content to work with, and wouldn't be overly debated in terms of HOW they work were they included.
Example: Bowser Jr. with a Squirtle direction and Bowser base, or vice versa. As simple as it gets in terms of the work (still a lot) with references (other games, but nothing complex) and bases (options and images galore from in-game), but still remaining very unique in the roster, giving him a PURPOSE to be there.

2) Something iconic, nostalgic to some, fairly niche and to the extreme as 'unexpected' as an inclusion, but only due to the way a project like this would really be over the top, and a lot of specifics and detailing would be need to make it happen. A character that would have a lot of details as far as HOW they work in the game.
Example: Isaac. which would have very little to work from in terms of particles, details, and anything in terms of reference for how it would work in Smash, and likely be tampered to be very stand-out in the cast with PURPOSE, because something this dramatically challenging to the game should be. This would be going all out.

Those are the extremes of it, and neither should really be tampered with until after Mewtwo + full vanilla roster, unless people are too crazy good and go hard on this stuff, which I wouldn't be 'too' surprised, but it's unreasonable to expect. There are some crazy people out there though. ;)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
There are only a few characters that I see have a chance of making the 6(Mewtwo is a given) just going by trophies, popularity and moveset potential.

Mario: Bowser Junior, Toad, Waluigi
Donkey Kong: K.Rool, Dixie Kong
Metroid: Ridley, Dark Samus
Kirby: Knuckle Joe (specials are practically written in his assist trophy), Bandana Dee (Easy to mod a waddle dee with a bandana and has his own moveset in RTD)
Star Fox: Krystal
Fire Emblem: Lyn
Kid Icarus: Palutena
Pokemon: Blaziken (Doubt this is going to happen though), Pichu (Same doubts but more)
Sonic: Shadow, Tails, Knuckles
Random: Isaac, Little Mac, Ray Mk, Saki,

That's about 20 choices that have a shot IMO.

My List would be:
1. Mewtwo (...duh):150:
2. K.Rool (Smash! Why U NO K.Rool?)
3. Isaac (We don't have an Earth style character and he's pretty popular on these forums)
4. Shadow (It would be awesome to see SilentDoom's Shadow psa in this game as he helped make some character animations for this game already)
5. Toad (Only because he's not getting in Smash 4 cause i would normally pick Bowser Junior)
6. Ridley (Next episode on "Is Ridley Too Big":troll:)
7. Bandana Dee or Knuckle Joe(They're equal in my eyes)

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I was just going to mention this, but with more detailing.

Aside from Mewtwo (the obvious one), no other character should really be expected to come out before the remaining vBrawl characters. Mewtwo is in the process of coding, has had some work put into him, is quite iconic and there's a reference (Melee), so things are under-way and he could very well show up before someone like Ice Climbers/Yoshi/Kirby are finished up since they involve so much work in themselves, and technical issues, whatever (I don't know the details of this) that could potentially make them as much work as Mewtwo even.

Otherwise, if anyone is to be added, it will likely be one of 2 things, and also 'should' be one of these 2 things.

1) Something simple, functional, fairly modernly known and established. Possibly as a long-term project used as a base for developing things further regarding things that HAVE NO REFERENCE. A character that has a lot of content to work with, and wouldn't be overly debated in terms of HOW they work were they included.
Example: Bowser Jr. with a Squirtle direction and Bowser base, or vice versa. As simple as it gets in terms of the work (still a lot) with references (other games, but nothing complex) and bases (options and images galore from in-game), but still remaining very unique in the roster, giving him a PURPOSE to be there.

2) Something iconic, nostalgic to some, fairly niche and to the extreme as 'unexpected' as an inclusion, but only due to the way a project like this would really be over the top, and a lot of specifics and detailing would be need to make it happen. A character that would have a lot of details as far as HOW they work in the game.
Example: Isaac. which would have very little to work from in terms of particles, details, and anything in terms of reference for how it would work in Smash, and likely be tampered to be very stand-out in the cast with PURPOSE, because something this dramatically challenging to the game should be. This would be going all out.

Those are the extremes of it, and neither should really be tampered with until after Mewtwo + full vanilla roster, unless people are too crazy good and go hard on this stuff, which I wouldn't be 'too' surprised, but it's unreasonable to expect. There are some crazy people out there though. ;)
I just.. Isaac came to mind right after I saw the Roy video and the clone engine stuff and my hype had calmed down. Then I got hyped up again because of the possibility of Isaac. So basically the past few weeks for me has been a rollercoaster of hype. I.. I just need my Isaac fix, mang. Isaac is my weed.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
1) Something simple, functional, fairly modernly known and established.

2) Something iconic, nostalgic to some, fairly niche and to the extreme.
By simple, this includes political and development stuff along with having a good base.
By iconic, this includes their significance to the masses and uniqueness to the game.

Category 1 - simple/base (likely since it's practical, iconic enough to be worth it is the question)
Category 2 - iconic/extreme (likely if pushing limits, simple enough to be worth it is the question)
Category (1?/2?) - (simple or iconic enough to be worth it at all?)
Mario: Bowser Junior, Toad
Donkey Kong: K.Rool, Dixie Kong
Metroid: Ridley
Kirby: Knuckle Joe
Star Fox: Krystal
Kid Icarus: Palutena
Pokemon: Pichu
Sonic: Shadow, Tails, Knuckles
Random: Isaac, Little Mac

That's about 20 choices that have a shot IMO.

My List would be:
2. K.Rool (Smash! Why U NO K.Rool?)
3. Isaac (We don't have an Earth style character and he's pretty popular on these forums)
4. Shadow (It would be awesome to see SilentDoom's Shadow psa in this game as he helped make some character animations for this game already)
5. Toad (Only because he's not getting in Smash 4 cause i would normally pick Bowser Junior)
6. Ridley (Next episode on "Is Ridley Too Big":troll:)
7. Knuckle Joe(They're equal in my eyes)

K.Rool parallels the Bowser Jr. Example. Toad a little less likely only due to some minor details, but is very iconic.
Shadow and Knuckle Joe lack in either uniqueness or iconicness, or both, at least a little too much to fall behind the others in terms of priority. Simple enough to do though, good bases, etc.

Isaac is a major work, Ridley would be simpler, but both are some of the more reasonable people's choices. For sure.

There the thoughts I give you! :D

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Yeah, Isaac is pretty cool, but his Psynergy seems like it'd need a lot of special effects work. They should totally give him Felix's Sand for his dodge though. That would be awesome!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I really hate the notion of Ridley ever being a character.
He's too damn big, no size mod would ever do the guy.. erm thing, justice. It/he doesn't really walk, so how would that even work out? A lot of his attacks are also projectile based, that's an annoyance of it's own to work with when making attacks. Sure Charizard is a suitable base and whatnot, but still he lacks natural projectiles and I'd hate for the PMBR to have to go out of their way to program so extra fancy looking projectile just for Ridley.
Might just be my own hate for Ridley, but I don't know, he'd be a waste in my eyes.

Pls PMBR, hear my cry, don't add Ridley pls; my world depends on it.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
I really hate the notion of Ridley ever being a character.
He's too damn big, no size mod would ever do the guy.. erm thing, justice. It/he doesn't really walk, so how would that even work out? A lot of his attacks are also projectile based, that's an annoyance of it's own to work with when making attacks. Sure Charizard is a suitable base and whatnot, but still he lacks natural projectiles and I'd hate for the PMBR to have to go out of their way to program so extra fancy looking projectile just for Ridley.
Might just be my own hate for Ridley, but I don't know, he'd be a waste in my eyes.

Your world depends on a character not being added? A character that thousands of people are crying for? Because you personally don't think it's a great idea, your world depends on his exclusion?

I don't see Ridley making it into P:M, but god, that's selfish.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Your world depends on a character not being added? A character that thousands of people are crying for? Because you personally don't think it's a great idea, your world depends on his exclusion?

I don't see Ridley making it into P:M, but god, that's selfish.
It all went right over your head lol, I don't understand how anyone can take the last bit serious.

I do understand that many people want him, but they have to understand that there's limitations to what the PMBR and the Clone Engine can do. Just because Roy was added and the engine was revealed, doesn't mean that everything is a walk in the park. Roy has been in the works for quite a while and if you read the blog post, it takes a lot of coding just to stop the new characters from doing nasty things to your save file. Why add Ridley? A character who'd need to be taken to the drawing board to plan just about EVERY attack for him because as far as I see it, his Boss Battle attacks just wouldn't play right in multiplayer at all. Then there's that, even once they do figure out what his attacks are, they have to make sure it all plays well and flows right within the context of smash otherwise it looks funky as all hell like it doesn't belong. He'd have to have a projectile just by how he is in boss battles, do you know how tedious it is to add projectiles to a character? Because back in 09 I had first hand experience making a new moveset for a character and making a projectile that flows good can be hell, it's annoying. Then there's animating his walk, all his new attacks and specials, so there's a lot of extra time added to that. Don't forget that they probably have to code in a new copy ability for Kirby as well. Honestly, he'd be in the works for way longer than Roy was because the back room has standards they set for themselves, nothing less than presentable. Why not start on Mewtwo, someone wanted even more than Ridley and has strong foundations to start from already. He was in Melee so we know how he plays and what his moves are, has a great base in Lucario who already has projectiles, great models, PSA's, animations, etc. already exist for him, that's a load off the back of the PMBR.

So no, I'm not being selfish, I'm looking out for the PMBR and suggesting they pick up a character that'll cause less issues. If they decide to add Ridley that's fine by me, I could care less, I'm just suggesting something that warrants less time between releases and not as much work as a brand new character.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
There are literally hundreds of characters in that gigantic sticker and trophy collection, yet people stick with the most conventional character choices.

MVP

Smash Ace
My educational guess and logical prediction is:

with the possibility of 7 characters able to add (6 now cause roy i guess)

1: mewtwo
2: king k rool
3: issac

(pending)

SunJester

Smash Ace
I also really don't think Ridley really fits as a Smash character. He's large and is a freaking dragon so all he does is fly (what are we going to have, broken wing Meta Ridley?) But if the PMBR thinks they could make it work, then its worth a shot.

Personally I could see them using the Assist Trophies as they already have in game models. So that plus the community vote :

• Mewtwo - This is really a given.
  • Little Mac - He's from a franchise that isn't represented in Smash Bros, and he's popular. I think what might stop him from being included is his inclusion in Smash 4
  • Isaac - I think he's quite likely because he probably won't be included in Smash 4. The reason I could see him being excluded is if some of his Psynergy moves are too hard to code or they can't create the articles for them.
  • Waluigi - Pretty much him and Toad are the last Mario characters that aren't included yet in Smash. I think people would be excited for him but I also think he might be in Smash 4.
  • Lyn - She's from an older Fire Emblem game, which I'm sure she won't be included in the next Smash game. Plus it really couldn't hurt to have another female character to make it less of a sausage fest, so I think she's quite likely, especially since she's just a sword weilder
  • Shadow - let me preface this by saying I wouldn't want another 3rd party in it, but they could use Sonic as a base for him and keep a similar yet decloned moveset.

I think they're the most likely. Though I could see a chance of King K. Rool, Dixie, Bowser Jr, Krystal or Toad being included.

But if I was a betting man I think I'd put my money down on Mewtwo, Isaac and Lyn.

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
My ideal 7 new characters would be (tried to include as many possible clones as I could think of to be reasonable):

1.) Roy - announced
2.) Mewtwo - probably in the works
3.) Saki (maybe some partial clone potential?)
4.) Blaziken (clone/partial clone, kind of like a Falco/Fox relationship with Captain Falcon. Blaziken jumps higher but has slower running speed)
5.) Krystal (based from ZSS, since many of the agile animations would probably match up.)
6/7.) Any character(s) made "from scratch" would be immensely appreciated. Ideas are listed below.

-Paper Mario - uses his hammer and partners' abilities in combat, maybe he could have the folding techniques in The Thousand Year Door available...idk it's a stretch but I think he'd be a cool original character to include.

-Any Sonic character that isn't Sonic - Spin dashing would probably use the same animation

-Isaac - ...yeah

-Wolf Link & Midna - Could use midna's hand thing as a tether

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I would not like it if all 7 spots were filled. Some of these suggestions are just ridiculous (Shadow? Seriously? Do you know what this game is?). For me, the ideal would be Mewtwo and that's it.

The only way I'd be happy about a newcomer is if there was only ONE and it was put to a community vote (out of several chosen by the PMBR to avoid the silly suggestions that actually might have a decent chance of winning). Voting would need to be very monitored, and there would need to be multiple rounds of voting (with a character eliminated from the vote every round until there is one left). This should go without saying, but no 3rd parties.

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
I'd actually love to see Blaziken, but that's way too many Pokes already.
Hmmmm, yeah on second thought, I agree. I'm just trying to throw out some options that may appeal to PMBR as far as their post on the official website is concerned. They mentioned that it is more likely for characters that clone their base's animations to be brought in (using Mario and Luigi as an example of such clones). I figured Blaziken would move similarly to Falcon and therefore could satisfy this condition. But yeah, six pokemon with the probable addition of Mewtwo is definitely plenty of representation for that franchise.

Oh and I just had another thought: Louie from Pikmin 2. Nintendo figured out how to individualize Luigi from Mario and Falco from Fox, so I'd bet the PMBR would be able to figure out something for Louie with respect to Olimar, especially since they haven't released Olimar yet and can alter them both accordingly to compliment each other's gameplay. Again, just getting some potential ideas out there. I have faith in whatever they decide to do with the cloning engine and if they only do Roy and Mewtwo, I respect their judgment and will still be psyched to have those veterans finally return.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they also said they are limited to characters that were approved to appear in Brawl. That means any assist trophies, normal trophies, stickers, etc. as long as they are in the game somehow. Louie fits this requirement as well. I don't even play the Pikmin games, but I just love the idea of having more MU's and more playing styles to learn!

SunJester

Smash Ace
I would not like it if all 7 spots were filled. Some of these suggestions are just ridiculous (Shadow? Seriously? Do you know what this game is?). For me, the ideal would be Mewtwo and that's it.

The only way I'd be happy about a newcomer is if there was only ONE and it was put to a community vote (out of several chosen by the PMBR to avoid the silly suggestions that actually might have a decent chance of winning). Voting would need to be very monitored, and there would need to be multiple rounds of voting (with a character eliminated from the vote every round until there is one left). This should go without saying, but no 3rd parties.
If this was directed at me, my post was speculation, not suggestion.

I hate sonic, I hate shadow, i hate tails, i hate all of sonics stupid little stupid friends and i hope they all die in a vat of acid.

So no, I don't want shadow.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
If this was directed at me, my post was speculation, not suggestion.

I hate sonic, I hate shadow, i hate tails, i hate all of sonics stupid little stupid friends and i hope they all die in a vat of acid.

So no, I don't want shadow.
It was not directed at you. I did not read your posts, or any post in any sort of depth. I just looked through the thread a little, and saw WAY too many people suggesting Shadow (and this includes suggestions I've heard outside of these forums). Cheers.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
iirc Nana doesn't take up her own slot, Ice Climbers share one slot.
Well, that's arguably good news, in having another slot, but I feel it makes even more space for people to complain about decisions...

Looking at the common requests in this thread #I think people are being overly optimistic in their choices..

Ridley is probably possible, but way too much work to probably make it worth it (Charizard base won't go very far), I mean simply creating the animations in a way that appeases people and writing a moveset from scratch will probably take as long as roy took to implement, and without an air grab (not possible in PM), then he's lost the thing that would make him most unique as a character.

K.Rool seems impossible, as every moveset I've seen has him throwing his crown as a minimum, and often using the blunderbuss... which would both use new particles; something the PM team can't do.

As for Isaac, that's just silly. All those ground and plant based attacks are completely new to Brawl, which would be great for bringing something new, but terrible for hacking because there's nothing to base them on for animation. And again, there's no earth particles yet, and the few grass ones wouldn't exactly suit his attacks.. meaning you'd have to write a moveset around what makes him special creating another swordsman.. He could potentially be made, but not to the scale or quality he deserves, only making the PM fans annoyed... I really don't see it.

I guess Dixie could be considered, but most move sets call for Tiny's bow, which again are new particles; but if a good move set can be created I wouldn't be against her, just think there are better options.

I however ignored assist trophies in my list as they already existed in the game (clearly a bad idea), there are a few who could possibly be fleshed out.

Waluigi is potentially possible, but again needs a completely newly written move set.
Little Mac could work, but Brawl only having rights for versions based on his old artwork it would be jarring to say the least.
Ray has some chance since his particles exist in his AT attacks... but I doubt there's much call for him.
Saki would probably have the best basis from which to work from as an AT, he has a lot of moves for an AT, and I'd think a lot of those could be fleshed out into a full move set; which would certainly be cool.
Starfy may be possible since his particles would be water or just generic speed blurs and spins, but hard work a he has no base as a character.

I still feel Mewtwo, Bowser Jr and Plusle and Minun (as hard as duo characters are, I feel there should be some spiritual successor to Pichu inProject M) are the premier in balancing want, sense and comparative ease.

I'd probably put Saki next, and if P+M fit one slot go for Tails and Knuckles (I know more sonic characters seems unpopular on this thread, but I think they'd have niches and easy enough to implement), because any other slot filler is a bit more of a stretch, and unlikely to bring as much to the game in play-style (imo). If P+M don't fit one slot, I'd likely leave the last slot empty, or put Dixie in there if a good moveset is thought up.
I'm not the Project M team though, their mileage may vary wildly from mine.

Another Question as I've not looked at AT hacking, but if they do use one would that leave a spot to make a new AT in?

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Since the safest options we have are things that appear in the game already I can only seriously image in a couple characters outside of Mewtwo.

- Isaac cloned off of Ike.
- Lyn or Grey Fox designed from Marth
- Shadow from Sonic

DX.Kingz

Smash Rookie
This is awesome news. I mean even only seven is still quite an upgrade. An I've been hoping for Roy for the longest that truly made my day. To be honest I am rather good with just him and Mewtwo returning. I am sorry, for the life of me I never could see the real reason Pichu was added to melee in the first place. I understand some players were quite good with him, an that's impressive, but I just don't see a place for him in project m when pikachu is far more adequate.

Yet I'm not here to gripe. Now as far as the other 6 I would guess have a chance at making it would be these. Along with what characters I believe would be most likely to influence their designs added as well.

Note this is based solely on the notion that Roy is the first of the seven and that we may only choose from trophies...I never really used them and the ones I had never really stood out much to me as someone fun or cool to play as. An since Megaman is off limits this is what i came up with.

1. Mewtwo (but from what I've heard he is already in the works and his code is still within the game. So hes kinda locked)

2. Shadow the Hedgehog

WHY. He should have been in brawl to begin with. The Sonic world did not get enough representation in my opinion. 1 level, 1 character, 1 cut-scene at the end...that's it. I mean sure Shadow was an assist (and a rare one at that), and Tails, Knuckles, and Silver got to be seen running in the background. Yet that's not enough.

BUILD. He would probably have a rather similar build to Sonic but much akin to the falcon ganondorf relationship.

3. Blaze the Cat

WHY. Because being a huge Sonic fan, Blaze deserves to be in a GOOD, and I mean GOOD console game like project m. To wash the taste of Sonic 06 out of our mouths an give her a real start. She has never had a chance to shine since the terror of 06 and sega has kept her in the back way to long. Give the pink stalker some down time and let the girl that has her own get a shot. It might turn out to be rather interesting when you think about it, plus should I have to choose between Shadow or Blaze. I would say Blaze due to the fact Shadow makes a decent assist, and technically Shadow was meant to be Blaze in the first place. Yet a last minute change was made and Shadow was created at the last second. Scraping Blaze from Sonic adventure 2 and forcing her character to be in the place she is today.

BUILD. She too would take from Sonic but I can see a more sheik inserted style in this one.

4. Grey Fox

WHY. due in part because I personally felt he should have been added along with snake, but this one is more a "just cause" then a real missed opportunity.

BUILD. Kinda got me on this one, but I guess a bit of link and snake could work with this.

5.Waluigi (crowd fav and i mean come on wario made it that's enough right there)

Now should it be 7 after Roy and Mewtwo I would have to say these 2. Now this is based out of raw curiosity alone, logic or popularity has nothing to do with it.

6. Isaac

WHY? Because I'm curious as to how a golden sun character would play in smash.

7. Barbara

WHY? Now this one was pure off the wall for me. I was originally gonna say Ray MK III or Saki, but than she just came to mind. Ray is fine as an assist, and Saki would be a lot like Grey Fox, but Barbara now what would she be like? I've no idea...Yet I'm intrigued.

Well these are just what popped into my head.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
As for Isaac, that's just silly. All those ground and plant based attacks are completely new to Brawl, which would be great for bringing something new, but terrible for hacking because there's nothing to base them on for animation. And again, there's no earth particles yet, and the few grass ones wouldn't exactly suit his attacks.. meaning you'd have to write a moveset around what makes him special creating another swordsman.. He could potentially be made, but not to the scale or quality he deserves, only making the PM fans annoyed... I really don't see it.
... But I can hope, right? Please?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You are in the EXTREME minority. Ridley has been one of the most wanted characters for Smash Bros. since MELEE.

At this point Ridley is probably the most important character from a veteran Nintendo franchise that has yet to become a playable character in Smash Bros.

I don't think Project M should design Ridley if he is confirmed for Smash 4, however, if Sakurai for example, de-confirms Ridley as a boss or stage hazard for Smash 4, he should be a top priority as far as newcomers for Project M.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'm iffy about other Sonic and Metal Gear characters. Snake and Sonic are guests in this game.

IMO

Mewtwo: I shouldn't have to say this really.

Isaac: I wanted him in Brawl. One of my favorite Nintendo games and RPGs is Golden Sun. Also he'd probably be pretty unique.

Little Mac: How does Smash not have a boxer yet?

Ray MK III: Who needs Megaman? Ray is cooler. Really though, he could maybe be somewhat inspired by Megaman's moveset in the sense that his normal A attacks could be projectiles, if they are able to put, as well as edit, articles on the A button.

Lyn: Also how do we not have a samurai yet?

Kat & Ana: This would be a pain of a character to make, but having another IC type character would be awesome as would having another WarioWare rep.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The problem with putting in Little Mac is that the character is highly rumored to be in Smash 4.

Prior to Smash 4's unveil, there was someone that posted a list of characters that would be shown for the E3 2013 unveil, he listed:
- Mega Man
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Villager
- Little Mac
- Mii
- Pac Man

The fact that he named the Wii Fit Trainer (whom no one had suggested before) and the Villager (whom was very rarely suggested as a character) means that there is a good chance that the other three characters on that list are probably in Smash 4 (Sakurai likely held back on them).

There is also a boxing ring stage in Smash 4 which will likely be Little Mac's Smash 4 stage.

Other than that, Little Mac would be a good choice for Project M, however, the fact is that he is likely going to be confirmed for Smash 4 in less than a year from now.

B.W.

Smash Champion
That just means PMBR needs to beat them to the punch and announce him before he's announced for Smash 4. Then they'd probably be vastly different.

In all seriousness though, that'd be a bummer. I've got no plans to get Smash 4 and I was hoping for Little Mac since Brawl as well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Someone like Lyn would be a good choice because she is likely not to show up in Smash 4 (at least as not a playable). The same goes for Dixie Kong, whom will likely be out-prioritized by fellow DK character, K. Rool (whom is both more requested and more important within the DK series).

Characters like Waluigi and Shadow on the otherhand would be dismal choices since those characters practically speak "MUGEN", and have large hatebases to them as well (Waluigi is largely seen as a "filler" character, while Shadow is synonymous with many older Sonic fans with the collapse to the Sonic series, especially with the notorious "Shadow the Hedgehog" game).

If Ridley does get de-confirmed for Smash 4, he would be a superb choice for the Project M team to work on.

Basically doing what Sakurai won't.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I feel we'd do better expanding the number of series the playable characters are from rather than expanding on the series we have now. (Even though a lot of the ideas for doing so are good)

I'm not 100% happy with Isaac and Little Mac, but at least they add a BIG amount of variety to the roster as a whole. Not sure if I agree on Lyn- She's from a single FE game that will never be in the spotlight again, brings yet another sword to the table and would just be a fairly fast version of what we already have. (So basically Metaknight on foot)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I actually think a character from Advance Wars might be a good idea. The series is one of Nintendo most popular and longest running not to have a playable character (and Sakurai very likely won't give it a playable character in Smash 4 considering how unpopular the series is in Japan).

A character from Advance Wars that is a clone of Snake (say someone that is quick and light, as opposed to Snake's slowness and heaviness) would go over well with a lot of the Smash Bros. fanbase.

I think Dixie Kong is another clone that would be very well-received by most of the Smash Bros. fanbase.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
You are in the EXTREME minority. Ridley has been one of the most wanted characters for Smash Bros. since MELEE.

At this point Ridley is probably the most important character from a veteran Nintendo franchise that has yet to become a playable character in Smash Bros.

I don't think Project M should design Ridley if he is confirmed for Smash 4, however, if Sakurai for example, de-confirms Ridley as a boss or stage hazard for Smash 4, he should be a top priority as far as newcomers for Project M.
You must of missed my post right after that. I don't care if Ridley is added or not, he's just a lot more work than any other character would ever be and chances are that he wont even fit right in the Smash environment. I can only see him being a 1:1 carbon copy of Charizard, that would make him lose his uniqueness on the spot.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You must of missed my post right after that. I don't care if Ridley is added or not, he's just a lot more work than any other character would ever be and chances are that he wont even fit right in the Smash environment. I can only see him being a 1:1 carbon copy of Charizard, that would make him lose his uniqueness on the spot.
Ridley is probably the one other character aside from Mewtwo that would actually be worth the effort though.

He is basically a long hanging fruit as far as starpower goes. (There is no other Nintendo character left that is as important and popular to his respective series that has been yet to be made playable aside from Ridley).

If he does end up being de-confirmed by Sakurai for Smash 4, the Project M team should definitely look into adding Ridley.

The character already has a model on par with that of the playable characters already in Brawl, and the voice announcer for Brawl has already said his name:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8SqlRYW3xo

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
If he does end up being de-confirmed by Sakurai for Smash 4, the Project M team should definitely look into adding Ridley.
Aside from all the work, this is my only worry about adding Ridley. We'd have to wait possibly until Smash 4 comes out in order for the PMBR to even begin to think about adding him. Unless Sakurai announces him as a character, he could possibly be a hidden character in that game. I don't want the back room guys to work extra hard on him just to have him be in Smash 4, because then if they add him Nintendo will probably consider it a back-port and give the P:M team a C&D, nobody wants that. For the moment I really just think they should play it safe.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Aside from all the work, this is my only worry about adding Ridley. We'd have to wait possibly until Smash 4 comes out in order for the PMBR to even begin to think about adding him. Unless Sakurai announces him as a character, he could possibly be a hidden character in that game. I don't want the back room guys to work extra hard on him just to have him be in Smash 4, because then if they add him Nintendo will probably consider it a back-port and give the P:M team a C&D, nobody wants that. For the moment I really just think they should play it safe.
I know. Basically every Ridley fan will only support Ridley for Project M if he is de-confirmed for Smash 4.

If Ridley is de-confirmed for Smash 4 within the next month or so, then there will be fan support for him.

I do concur with you that to work on Ridley prior to a de-confirmation would be extremely foolish.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
From here on we can only wait and see what Nintendo's moves are. Here's to hoping that you Metroid fans get your character, whether it be in Smash 4 or P:M.

MVP

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is going to happen. i honestly think (and realistically) its not even worth mentioning him cause EVERYONE wants him (including me). So the PMBR are gunna do everything to make him happen. But next in line i think K. rool is the perfect candidate for job description. here's why:
1. he'd fit the smash environment perfectly
2. he'll make a pretty addition to the roster cause he's a DK character
3. mirrors and fits in with thevillain club. (Wolf, Ganon, Boozer, DDD)
4. he's a big man. he'd offer another unique playstyle and plus we need more big men
5. he's a complete badass. my favorite Nintendo villain and there's no other character like him
6. there's a lot of data, models, symbol, sound, etc to start from.
7. he's highly popular
8. its K. Rool

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
I think P:M close nicely as a "project" if include those characters who have incomplete files in the brawl disc. My humble opinion about this:
1. Roy (announced)
2. Mewtwo (hoping to be in the works)
3. Plusle & Minum (mixing Ice Climbers mecanics with electrics moves, some of them could remember Pichu's moveset).
4. Toon Zelda (mixing Toon Link graphic filter with Zelda moveset and allowing her to transform into Tetra from Wind Waker - I don't know if it is that simple).
5. Dixie Kong (This would deserves a completely new moveset, with hair moves recovery as a characteristic).

All of them already have his own trophy in the game ^_^

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
... But I can hope, right? Please?

Oh yeah, sure. I secretly wish I'm underestimating that PM guys in the case of Isaac, but I still don't think it's likely.. Plus I'd kind of prefer to see him in SSB4, 'cos there he can get all the articles he needs to look as awesome as he should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom