• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
PM version of this would be awesome. People always say Shadow has no potential but to be a clone of Sonic. Skip to 2:08

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It's just occurred to me isn't it a bit double standards to not allow characters who haven't been in brawl as trophies or stickers, but keep Dracula's Castle for Castlevania, a series which doesn't have any representatives in smash brawl?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
K-Rool love.
It's a shame that for all the love some fans have for this villain, he likely isn't getting put in the new Smash. Hell, he's not even in the new Donkey Kong Country. Maybe Project M will give him the love he deserves, though I'd personally prefer Dixie since we've a serious lack of female characters, but that's just me.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I really don't like K. Rool, but that's just me. I can imagine a bunch of fans want THE villains to their favorite series in. (Ridley and K. Rool)

I'm quite a fan of Sonic as a whole, but that's just the thing- Real sonic fans should be having a hard time accepting all this bullcrap Sega's been spouting for the past 10 years. Just stick to Tails, even though Shadow's freaking awesome.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I really don't like K. Rool, but that's just me. I can imagine a bunch of fans want THE villains to their favorite series in. (Ridley and K. Rool)

I'm quite a fan of Sonic as a whole, but that's just the thing- Real sonic fans should be having a hard time accepting all this bullcrap Sega's been spouting for the past 10 years. Just stick to Tails, even though Shadow's freaking awesome.
Psh, Tails. If we need another one of Sonic's friends, they should put Knuckles in. With his love of brawlin', he'd fit right in.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Psh, Tails. If we need another one of Sonic's friends, they should put Knuckles in. With his love of brawlin', he'd fit right in.

Alternately, they should both get in... Sonic's big enough for 3 slots imo, even if he's not Nintendo.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
It's just occurred to me isn't it a bit double standards to not allow characters who haven't been in brawl as trophies or stickers, but keep Dracula's Castle for Castlevania, a series which doesn't have any representatives in smash brawl?
This. I don't really see how this is okay if they're worried about copyright issues.

That, and I'd love to just see it transformed into a green-tinted Luigi's Castle.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
... Huh? ... You mean the Doom Dragon and Fusion Dragon from Golden Sun? Accepted. :D

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Saki would definitely be a treat to see the Project M team tackle. As for his moveset, it could be a mixture of Fox and Marth honestly.

flaredshadow

Smash Rookie
This list assumes Mewtwo.

Since this is just utter wishing: I realize this would be impossible to code but I always thought it would be cool to have Dixie and Kiddy Kong as an Ice Climbers style duo since Diddy has already been established individually in the game. I feel like Dixie by herself has just too much potential to be a hair-flying/grabbing Diddy. I realize that is exactly what she is in the actual games but as far as making a healthy and interesting roster I think being a duo would be some good spice. The bigger complaint I foresee is that nobody wants to waste time adding Kiddy Kong cause he is not very loved, and honestly I'm not that big a fan of DKC3 myself I just think it would be cool mechanically. What do you guys think?

My own number one want is Banjo-Kazooie (N64 style). It was the first game I ever owned and I loved it to death. I think the characters can boast a wide variety of interesting moves to pull from as well. They were even supposed to be in SSB64 (or so I've heard).

Next would be Paper Mario. Another childhood favorite with a great number of moves to pull from. I think he could be done well individually or with partners as some attacks. Plus Mr.G&W needs a flat friend he can relate to. But I know there are already so many Mario characters.

Logically I feel I should say that a Metroid character needs to be in because it is the least represented major title. Yoshi melds into the Mario group and F-Zero is dead (though I have always thought that same Black Shadow/G-dorf idea myself). However I'm not a huge fan of Metroid so on a personal level I would want Sir Arthur from Ghosts n' Goblins. The only real problem here is that you wouldn't be representing him right if he wasn't spammy as hell.

Megaman

The rest in no particular want order:

Bomberman

Davy from Chameleon Twist 1 & 2

Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario

Waluigi

K. Rool - especially because we will likely never see him again (retro studios)

Chunky

Lanky

Tails with Tornado or other Tech

Knuckles

Shadow

Eggman

Dragonite

Scyther or Scizor

Metagross

Machamp

Snorlax

Juggernaut (w/ optional Juggernaut b itch sounds)

Taskmaster

Deadpool

Hawkeye

Venom

Black Adam

Dr. Fate

Shazam

Batman

various other comic book characters from games

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Having a Cougar doesn't have any licensing issues nor needed projectiles that may interfere with article editing problems, make the right choice PMBR.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Young Link and Pichu

Since the PMBR wants to avoid legal issues, I'd hate to see them work on a character like K. Rool or Ridley or Krystal and have their work wasted if that character got confirmed for the next game.

Dr. Mario has his strengths blended into current Mario, but they can still create a pretty unique character out of him too. I'm a bit more hesitant about Young Link because that'd be three Links, but if they can make him fun and cool then awesome.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Having a level based on a popular third party series and not a specific game (with crazy platforms making it original) is not nearly as bad of an infractable offense as taking a well known character from a third party game, copying their exact look, moves and animations and making them star as a fighter in a completely different game series.

In the former, your just being inspired by the series. In the latter, you are taking a third party's line up and using them as you wish without that company licensing the use of their characters or the scenarios they come from.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'm just waiting for someone to make a tourney legal Luigi's Mansion 2 Treacherous Mansion based stage. And no, I'm not about to let anyone put that over Drac's, Mario has quite enough at this point. I'd much rather have something like this mansion over Mario Kart.

As for new characters, I'm somewhat contradicted. I REALLY want to see a completely original Fire Emblem rep, and Lyn or Micaiah seem to be popular choices. (Though I think Hector or Ephraim would be incredible, the whole "sausage fest" argument holds them back.) Obviously, Zelda and Mario have enough reps, which kind of hurts Doc. Pichu could be hilarious, but Pokemon is no better than Mario and Zelda at this point. And if we do get a new Sonic character, I vote Knuckles. I don't really play much Sonic, but Knuckles seems to fit the inverse Sonic archetype much better than Tails.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
And if we do get a new Sonic character, I vote Knuckles. I don't really play much Sonic, but Knuckles seems to fit the inverse Sonic archetype much better than Tails.

The problem with Sonic is there isn't really one opposite to him except Shadow... And he would cause oh so many arguments between sonic fans and people straight up assuming he's just a sonic re-skin. As for the Knuckles/Tails thing it's really more of a Freudian Trio (they have an example in Video Games). Neither one is enough to balance sonic out on their own, so if one's in the other should be too.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Once again, I don't play much Sonic, so I suppose I'm not the best source of input. In that case, just throw in Micaiah and Hector, and I will be happy for all eternity. I know F-Zero lacks reps, but as of recent, the series also lacks games. Donkey Kong could use something a little less Mario relative, like Dixie or K. Rool. Metroid fans want Ridley, I don't want Ridley. I honestly find that the best course of action may be finding some unrepresented series(in terms of playable characters.), so possibilities are quite open when you consider how much Brawl has archived.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Why not add Dixie Kong? She is one of the most iconic DK characters and she has her own folder.

I'm also requesting.

Lyn: Prior to Awakening Marth, Ike, Lyn, and Roy were the most iconic lords including her would complete this and finally include a female lord.
Ridley: To give Samus a rival and one that fans have wanted for a long time.
Samurai Goroh: Maybe finally give Captain Falcon a rival too.
Any of Saki, Barbara, Jill, Starfy, or Little Mac: Since Golden Sun's Isaac is being considered then more AT's from standalone series could be used too.
Palutena: Only because she's my favorite, and a heavy female fighter would be cool to play as.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I'd like a Lance (It's new), but all FE characters with lances just aren't iconic enough.

I'd really want Tails over Knuckles, but hell, I can't say I wouldn't be interested in both.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It's a shame that for all the love some fans have for this villain, he likely isn't getting put in the new Smash. Hell, he's not even in the new Donkey Kong Country. Maybe Project M will give him the love he deserves, though I'd personally prefer Dixie since we've a serious lack of female characters, but that's just me.
K. Rool is still probably going to be in Smash 4. He is the most wanted newcomer for it aside from Ridley.

Diddy Kong was absent from Jungle Beat, yet Diddy was still a newcomer in Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I really don't think a second Sonic character should be in. There is a reason why Sakurai is conservative in regards to third-party characters.

Smash Bros. first and foremost is a Nintendo all-star game.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
I'd like a Lance (It's new), but all FE characters with lances just aren't iconic enough.

I'd really want Tails over Knuckles, but hell, I can't say I wouldn't be interested in both.
Nephenee is pretty iconic for her game breaking strength. If I voted for any Fire Emblem character, it'd be Hector. He is loved by the western fanbase, and he has an axe. His Wolf Beil would make for an interesting experience, considering that in game, he has low speed growth and high Strength and Defense. There aren't any characters with disjoints that also move incredibly slow.

SunJester

Smash Ace
After re-watching the videos of Assist trophies I could really see the PMBR reusing some of the animation from them.

That being said I think Saki is extremely likely. He already has a tonne of animation (Idle, turn, run, jump, quite a few attacks) which would probably shave off HOURS of work for them. I could see him being a strong contender. The same for Little Mac (unless he appears in Smash 4 which I think is likely)

Edit: It just occured to me

Plusle and Minun are probably really likely. They could be a replacement for Pichu, re-use a lot of Pikachu's animations

Plus, the abbreviations for them...

P+M.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
What may seem like a ton is really a tiny minority in the grand scheme of things. With the animations you stated for example, you'd save about 15-20 hours (about 5 I'd the attacks agent used) out of around 700. Not to mention the assist trophies use very primitive rigs compared to the characters, so the animations would need to be adjusted for a proper rig anyway. So really it doesn't save much time at all.

MVP

Smash Ace
I think the following games have enough rep

Pokemon: exception of mewtwo cause melee
Star fox: 3 characters
Fire Emblem: 3 characters
Mario: 5 characters
Kirby: soon to be 3 characters
Zelda: 5 characters

Lets branch out a little to some of the other game series

DK
Metroid
Or even introduce a new series. Like golden sun, issac

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Honestly, I would prefer just to have Mewtwo. Not only is he the only non-clone character that didn't return from Melee, but he was also one character with untapped potential. His moves were all limited to moves like disable and confusion, when he could have had much better moves and have been a much better character. This is why I'd love to see P:M put as much effort into Mewtwo as possible.

Other characters I can imagine as being significantly harder to make.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It's a really unlikely character, but what about Chibi-Robo? There's already a stage for the game on Brawl Vault and in Calabrel's pack based upon it. Why not give the mini-robot some love?

I really don't think a second Sonic character should be in. There is a reason why Sakurai is conservative in regards to third-party characters.

Smash Bros. first and foremost is a Nintendo all-star game.
I agree. The more Nintendo characters, the better.

The problem with Sonic is there isn't really one opposite to him except Shadow... And he would cause oh so many arguments between sonic fans and people straight up assuming he's just a sonic re-skin. As for the Knuckles/Tails thing it's really more of a Freudian Trio (they have an example in Video Games). Neither one is enough to balance sonic out on their own, so if one's in the other should be too.
I don't know, we got Sonic & Knuckles on Genesis, and even though it was originally part of Sonic 3, that's not how they ended up releasing the games in the end. If they needed to put another Sonic rep in the game, I think his original "Rival" would be the best way to go. I'm a little biased though, as I think Shadow is one of the worst characters added to the series in recent years and think that things were better when it was just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
As good of an idea as Plusle and Minun may sound like, we have waaaaay too many Pokemon already in Project M. They have a total of 6 reps already.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
In response to the latest blog post, I shall throw my own ideas and opinions into the discussion. Characters whom I would like and think qualify include:

Mewtwo

Obviously

Pichu

Not really one that I'd pick over others, I only mention pichu to show that I stand with the side that says it could make an interesting and balanced character without giving up what made it pichu in Melee (read: bad).

Black Shadow

Although, like others before me, while Black Shadow would be the new personality, the actual new moveset would go to

Ganondorf

Who, unlike others before me, I do not wish to see wield a sword, but rather a trident. Swords have been played out, both in general, and specifically in Smash. A trident would be a bit more interesting, adding something new to the game, in addition to the fact that Ganon has used varieties of trident far more often than he has swords, and it is much more thematically relevant for a King of Evil.

Leon Powalski

Partially I'm joking, partially I think it'd be an even funnier joke if he were actually chosen, partially I think spacies are distinctly "Melee," and partially because I think it would be interesting to see just what more can be done with the spacie archetype.

Ridley

Number one pick (after Mewtwo), though admittedly a stretch considering the animation and implementation limitations. But at this point, I've given up any hope that he'll make it into a future Smash (let alone it being a fun Smash), and am actually now hoping he's not in 4. Mostly just for the uncertain possibility of getting into Pro:M, but also because Sakurai'll probably use his Other M appearance (which I detest), and due to a personal concern that Sakurai may decide to turn Other M's spoiler-parts into his whole gimmick (at the very least, I'm positive Sakurai would not give Ridley a moveset that is satisfyingly in-character).

Fusion Suit Samus

Another for whom I'm not too eager; I mention her because no one else has, she definitely fits the "recycled animations" bill, and there are plenty of untapped items available for a moveset. Ice Beam, Wave Beam, Wide Beam, Plasma Beam, Annihilator Beam, Diffusion Beam, Wood Beam, a more game-like Charge Beam, Grapple Lasso, Grapple Voltage, Hyper Ball, Spider Ball, Boost Ball, Speed Booster, SenseMove, Overblast, High Heels, various Visors, Space Jump, a more game-like Screw Attack…

Like with Black Shadow/Ganondorf, Fusion Suit Samus could just be called "Samus," and Power Suit Samus renamed "SA-X."

Sukapon

Another top pick. Guaranteed not to be in Smash 4, featured as a sticker, both modeling and animating should be trivial, and already has a moveset to draw from (plus even more from the other characters of Joy Mech Fight) while still having plenty room to improvise.

While unquestionably not popular, and even particularly unknown, I propose that this is because he is so unknown. If he were to be included in Pro:M, and be thrust into the public (or less narrowly exclusive) eye, I'd expect his fandom to flourish for the same reason I liked him when I heard of him: he's a unique and entertaining character with (what is bound to be) a unique and entertaining playstyle, from Nintendo's first traditional fighting game, brought to Nintendo's premier innovative fighting series. Even the facts that he is so obscure and forgotten make him likeable, providing "aware of Nintendo’s history" and "abandoned, abused underdog" angles.

And of course, the only article he'd really need is a fairly simple projectile.

Waluigi

While I'd want Ridley first, I'd actually get more excited about Waluigi. He just seems perfect for the position (just getting more perfect the more I think about it), and I'd put the odds fairly in favor of him not being in Smash 4.

Let me preface this with some opinions. First, I like Waluigi, I find him amusing, yet I'm also aware that many people do not. However, this dislike tends to stem from the fact that he's never been much more than filler, and it seems like he'll never be much more than filler because he is disliked. Pro:M could be a chance to force an end to the cycle, prompting people who like playing as him or like players of him to finally come to like him himself. Second, I like what the PMBR has done with Wario. More than anything else, Wario:M's direction is what really initially drew my attention to Project M, and I think everyone must admit that, out of all characters, he has received some of the most love and coolest ideas, on par with Lucario and Ike. Finally, I think it would be a disservice to the very essence of Waluigi for him to be anything but a Luigi to Wario's Mario: notably similar in many superficial respects, but far from a clone, and with a wildly distinct playstyle.

Wario's animations could be cribbed, though they'd clearly need an overhaul for the different body type, but that's better than starting from scratch, right? Plus his Assist Trophy already has some, and maybe some of the more generic ones from other humanoid characters could be of use. I’d go for Up-B and Neutral-B as mostly just minor variations of Wario's, Side-B an enemy-penetrating head-charge à la Wario Land 4's with an aerial version that begins with a single breaststroke, and Down-B being a unique tricksy bob-omb move.

Since Waluigi is commonly a Technique-style character, it would be appropriate for him to have a techskill-heavy game arising from high dash, fall, and max-air speeds (as an interesting and not Waluigi-specific aside, how about a higher airspeed than landspeed, offset by low aerial maneuverability?), strong dash-dance with those lanky legs, as well as various cancels. At the most extreme level, I'm thinking things like a Chomp (maybe using a piranha plant) that doesn't grab until the mouth closes, has hitboxes on opening and while open, and can be jump- and land-canceled, even while someone is being held; a Side-B that has the same jump-canceling and ledge-walk-off as Wario’s, but can go into a special on-the-floor mode by pressing down during the ground version or by landing before special-fall from the aerial version, soon after which one can perform improved forms of the standard wakeup options, plus jump (and all that that entails); and a bob-omb (different from the item, hopefully a feasible article) with which Waluigi (and other Waluigis) can interact uniquely, combining aspects of Waddle Dee Toss, Grenade Toss, and (Aerial) Glide Toss tricks, allowing him to keep (and become even more) mobile while juggling it, hot-potato-style, in various ways that I have not actually thought through, or set it as a trap that sits or roams and can be returned to later.

I think this completely different direction, along with other aspects like increased range and decreased weight, while keeping many of the same move animations, and even variations of many of the special-normals (such as Dash-grab, Ftilt, Dair, and Fthrow), would make for a very interesting twist on one of the BR's most prized creations, and excellently highlight the range of variability the Smash system provides.

Also almost everyone always forgets about the sixth member of the Forgotten Five

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
As good of an idea as Plusle and Minun may sound like, we have waaaaay too many Pokemon already in Project M. They have a total of 6 reps already.

Pokémon is also estimated to be Nintendo's most profitable series (once you include the card game and merchandise), it deserves a lot of reps, especially when you consider that they don't have any spin off characters like Mario (DK, Yoshi and Wario all spin off from the mushroom kingdom crew). I'd definitely put Bowser Jr first, so the Mario and Pokémon univereses are a little closer, but yeah maybe it'll be too much, but I think people underestimate the importance of Pokémon; there's a reason it and Mario where the two series chosen to have 2 reps in the first game.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
With that logic, we wouldn't have gotten Marth, Roy, or Ike at all. As many reps as Mario and Pokemon have, Nintendo would never put out a Smash game without making room for lesser known, but potentially profitable franchises. Mewtwo is fine, but anything further would be unjustified saturation. Fire Emblem could use a non Sword based rep, Dixie has her fans(and is set to appear in Tropical Freeze), and past that, there's a handful of other franchises and characters that have regained popularity, and have had mention I'm Brawl.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The problem with Sonic is there isn't really one opposite to him except Shadow.
3 words. Forget Metal Sonic?

Blaze. The. Cat.

You know, the character who is literally his opposite in many ways. Granted Blaze can do literally anything Sonic can do, Sonic on the other hand cannot do a lot of the things Blaze can. (One could argue that for Tails and Knuckles, but certain power-ups have let him do what they can do already. Old and recent.) That's mainly because of them having entirely different elements they command. It's not like Shadow who is literally just a "Dark Sonic". Honestly, if there was potential for a second Sonic character who is similar enough to be easy to made, distinct enough to stand out on their own, and is well respected inside and outside of the fanbase, I'd honestly say it's Blaze. Even over Tails or Knux.

Edit: To change up the last statement a bit, considering what I stated just a moment ago, I'd say the 3 characters with the most potential to stand out strongly and uniquely would be Blaze, Amy and as much as I know people will raise their eyebrows for this one (And I do myself since I don't really like this character much), Sir Weedhair Silver the Palmtree. Any one of them could possibly work well.

But talking about 3rd party characters rustles everyone's jimmies here, so I'll switch things up here.

After reading the P:M post about the Clone Engine, I've slightly tweaked my list of who I'd like for P:M. I've already said one of them who I think would be a decent candidate.

The other two are Mewtwo, who was originally one to begin with and we all know why. The second is actually Waluigi.

I feel like this Waluigi moveset right here has a lot of good ideas that would work very well right the right adjustments. The PMBR could probably think of some other attributes to add onto it to help it fit in with the rest of the game a bit more. Either way, I feel like it'd be the perfect starting point.

Besides, c'mon...

Look at the magnificent rolling technique. You cannot deny his graceful abilities. D:

As for anyone else...Eh...I can't think of anyone else anyone would be interested in.

For the lulz, I wouldn't mind seeing a new playstyle for Falcon in the image of Phoenix from F-Zero GX.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I thought I was done with this section but with the news I guess I should give my take but before I go into it I want to point out that they are capped at 7 new characters. 1 is already occupied by Roy so that leaves 6 spaces to be filled. 1 is pretty much assumed to be Mewtwo at this point everyone is just waiting on the confirmation. Mewtwo and Roy were always the most likely of the fallen 5 to be added. So if it turns out Mewtwo is confirmed that leaves 5 spaces. With that said I give you 5 characters I can see being added.

1) Gray Fox - Snake is lonely and I can see him being a great melee-ish character more so even than snake. Imagine the agility of a ZSS combined with the use of a sword. He'd also likely have sheik's style of dashing and dash attacks. He also can reflect projectiles with his sword which I'm sure can be coded since so many moves also reflect in this game. I believe he could be a very unique addition to this game considering many feel the general direction of the game is too campy and keep away. Having a really quick agile dude with a sword can help to tip the balance back in the IN YO FACE! direction.

2) Tails - I know alot of people want Shadow and I wouldn't be against it. However, I currently have a hard time seeing him as unique enough to be created. Tails on the other hand has many aspects to him that could function in the game. His ability to fly by button mashing in old sonic games could be replicated. Giving him something like Luigi's down-b but on a different scale or making his flow like 2.1 Pit's where he can use his tails to fly after opponents already airborne to continue a combo. Also Sonic will always feel incomplete without tails. That's his sidekick. Mario has Luigi so I think Sonic could use tails. Also...he was there long before Shadow showed up -_-.

3) Crystal - I know we got Wolf but having someone from the starfox universe that doesn't fight like a space is too big of a chance to pass up. I'd also like to see a staff user in this game. We've got guns, swords, bows, dual daggers...etc but now staff. She's a fox so she's bound to be quick...if I'm not mistaken the staff even has a projectile so...she could be an extremely dangerous character.

4) Someone from F-Zero. Falcon is a vet and he's the only vet at this point who's got nobody from his home world join him in a smash game.

5) Primid - Controversial Idea but it would be an amazing accomplishment if this character who nobody is even thinking of was pulled off in this game. Just like the little R.O.B. characters from SSE represent certain aspects of the character. A Primid character could perhaps use some aspects of what we see. Fire, Bazooka, Sword...etc. It would be a challenge but it would earn massive props if it was pulled off.

almost chosen 5th characters

Dixie Kong - for all reasons already mentioned. I just don't see much added to the game as a whole aside from another Diddy kong with even more aerial mobility.

Bowser Jr - Was thinking this was a good idea but i'm just not sure how to imagine it. Squirtle and bowser mix?...oh dear

Tetra/Toon Zelda - Much like Pokemon I'm already starting to see an overwhelming amount of Zelda influence. Link, Ganon, Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik make me think maybe it's enough. Still, a Toon Zelda who can change into Tetra might be fun to see. I like it more than I like adding Y.link again. Not to mention Zelda with less range combined but much faster ground mobility and faster air mobility would be a sight to behold.

People I don't wanna see chosen - another pokemon. If I see 1 more pokemon I will puke all over the brawl disk. Honestly, with mewtwo added that is 7 pokemon in the same game. Anymore is too much, I already think 7 is too much tbh.

characters like K.rool and other big bad boss types because slow heavy massive targets are already difficult to balance(DDD I'm looking at you). Many of these characters are bigger or slower than DDD or both. That would just be a bad combination and then there is shrinking down some of those characters. I just don't know if it's worth the trouble.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It might sound weird coming from me, but unless the team has plans on sketching a whole set of poses/animations/attacks/proportion changes and more, and then later have plans on making a completely unique moveset that supports the new proportions and pose, then please just keep away from Ridley. Ridley shouldn't be included just for the heck of it, if he should be in he should be done properly, and not like that half-assed PSA that already exists. He's admittedly one of the hardest characters to pull off that they possibly could try to make, and reading of how big a challenge even Roy seemed to be, it's probably best to keep away from him. It's better to make characters like Dixie Kong then who have a starting point (Diddy Kong) and can be made to work very well too without an overwhelming amount of trouble. A little extra cast of Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie and Isaac would be great, taking into consideration that the two latter mentioned doesn't make it into SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom