• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No we won't. The more involved ones will figure it out themselves and tell WackPlacka/KC-MM about it.
Then Wacka/KC-MM will make a tutorial.

ds22

Smash Lord
Patching the modules are easy (at least most of them are), while adding the slots to the roster is easy as well (if you know which id's you need to add).
But wouldn't the IC-codes and the background coding be the hardest?
(BTW, any improvement in Mewtwo's status?)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Custom CSSs are easy, I will redo mine (Terra Tower/Aqua Blue) from scratch after this is finished.

ARF will open up a lot of possibilities for fully new characters. If an increased roster by itself can turn vBrawl into a much more interesting game, imagine what it can be done for the other projects around.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I know. But I like the name ARF Engine better than Clone Engine.

And there's a reason for all of this hype. Reason enough for this to be named like that. :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, you had to have seen the post in the P:M thread to understand the hypedog.gif and ARF ARF ARF. I saved that .gif in a heartbeat :D

br3compactor

Smash Ace
So Dantarion, it's perfectly possible to multiply any character of the roster?

I'm looking forward to the day yours is finished, code released and people start working on the other characters.

EDIT: Hey I was thinking... If it's possible to add CSPs, would it be possible to add fully new CSS icons/preview etc to PW's 9 Stages?

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
ARF ARF ARF.

This is making me want that external hard drive to play Brawl again.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, you had to have seen the post in the P:M thread to understand the hypedog.gif and ARF ARF ARF. I saved that .gif in a heartbeat :D
Or go to /v/ where, you know... the meme originated. (It came from BlazBlu, btw). I love what you're doing, Dant. You are quite the wizard.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I was aware that the meme originated elsewhere. I meant that the ARF engine title wouldn't make sense to those who didn't see particular posts in the P:M thread.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure no one cares where the meme originated from. People will ARF regardless.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
my dog was ARFING at my computer the minute i opened this topic in firefox lol

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Alright people, please stop the ARFing stuff, it's going way too off-topic.

I come expecting some update and I bet most do too...

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Point still stands. If people want updates, people should donate to Dantarion.
I don't play brawl at all, but occasionally I pop into a thread because it seems interesting. And most of the time, the thread is down to Dantarion. He seems to do a crapload of work for the brawl workshop community.

Not entirely sure if you were being serious, but if he gave a donation link, I'd be willing to show a little appreciation in the form of good ol' money.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
If someone were to donate I'd expect the PMBR to be the first ones to do so, since he seems to be dedicated to the project... and I'm sure, without certain things made by either PW or Dant, the whole P:M would be just a dream.

But yeah, leaving a donation link is not a bad idea, Dant. I'm sure people would recognize your work and leave some help.

Almas

Smash Lord
Yea, dant is a lady. Give him £100 and he'll give you a lapdance. Erm. She'll. Yes.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
If Dantarion is a woman, why is she working on the clone engine instead of preparing breakfast/lunch/dinner 24/7? MAKES NO SENSE.

Top Bottom