• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

ds22

Smash Lord
@Dantarion
Something you may or may not find interesting:

Anyway, I found something out.
Those patched module crashes occur when the patched character enter the stage, which could indicate that either articles are loaded very late or that there may be something else which causes these crashes.
... When a patched character enters the stage in VS mode WITHOUT the origin character, the game crashes when the camera goes to the patched character even before it has the change to load the battle portrait and name.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I don't know if this is of any use, but I made a list of every character's sound bank id.

Mario - 1
Fox - A
Pikachu - B
Luigi - C
Captain - D
Ness - E
Koopa - F
Peach - 10
Zelda - 11
Sheik - 11
Popo - 12
Nana - 12
Marth - 13
Gamewatch - 14
Falco - 15
Ganon - 16
Wario - 17
Metaknight - 4
Pit - 3
SZerosuit - 7
Pikmin - 18
Lucas - 19
Diddy - 1A
Poketrainer - 1B
Pokelizardon - 1C
Pokezenigame - 1D
Pokefushigisou - 1E
Dedede - 5
Lucario - 1F
Ike - 20
Robot - 21
Pramai - FFFFFFFF
Purin - 22
Mewtwo - FFFFFFFF
Roy - FFFFFFFF
DR_Mario - FFFFFFFF
Toonlink - 23
Toonzelda - FFFFFFFF
Toonsheik - FFFFFFFF
Wolf - 24
Dixie - FFFFFFFF
Snake - 25
Sonic - 26
GKoopa - FFFFFFFF
Warioman - FFFFFFFF
Zakoboy - 28
Zakogirl - 28
Zakochild - 28
Zakoball - 28
MarioD - 1

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Eternal Yoshi, I'll check it out later today and see what I missed.

EDIT: lmao I didn't copy all of my list. :p

Mario - 1
Donkey - 6
Link - 2
Samus - 7
Yoshi - 8
Kirby - 9
Fox - A
Pikachu - B
Luigi - C
Captain - D
Ness - E
Koopa - F
Peach - 10
Zelda - 11
Sheik - 11
Popo - 12
Nana - 12
Marth - 13
Gamewatch - 14
Falco - 15
Ganon - 16
Wario - 17
Metaknight - 4
Pit - 3
SZerosuit - 7
Pikmin - 18
Lucas - 19
Diddy - 1A
Poketrainer - 1B
Pokelizardon - 1C
Pokezenigame - 1D
Pokefushigisou - 1E
Dedede - 5
Lucario - 1F
Ike - 20
Robot - 21
Pramai - FFFFFFFF
Purin - 22
Mewtwo - FFFFFFFF
Roy - FFFFFFFF
DR_Mario - FFFFFFFF
Toonlink - 23
Toonzelda - FFFFFFFF
Toonsheik - FFFFFFFF
Wolf - 24
Dixie - FFFFFFFF
Snake - 25
Sonic - 26
GKoopa - FFFFFFFF
Warioman - FFFFFFFF
Zakoboy - 28
Zakogirl - 28
Zakochild - 28
Zakoball - 28
MarioD - 1

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Can you also make it so the game can load from this unused sound banks (making them useable)?
I mean using their character slots + sound slots.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I don't know where IC-Constants are in memory. Captain Kwark, you would do so by finding where they are in memory and then making a code to change its value. lol. I could make a code to swap around franchise ids.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Dantarion once started a research on victory themes and found out the game was originally supposed to have one Victory theme per character instead of per franchise. I'd be very happy if he were to make a code for individual Victory themes.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Dantarion once started a research on victory themes and found out the game was originally supposed to have one Victory theme per character instead of per franchise. I'd be very happy if he were to make a code for individual Victory themes.
Wrong, the game already had the list of ids for each character because it needs to know what song should play for each given character. :p

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
New page, same game.

Anyways, the victory theme split code in question does in fact work; but as of now, it forces you to replace music in the game AFAIK (reason being that you can't make it point to unused songs that you cannot overwrite). Removing this limitation would be nice, but this is far more important.

SmashClash

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something...What if the clone engine will some day allow more than 7 additional characters? Then maybe we can add pages to the CSS. [/idea]

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Dant already said he was working on an expansion code like PW did with the stages. Here's to hoping it becomes easy to use.

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
YAY! Someone is trying this!

Here is the current issue.
Somehow, the game still wants to associate the other character with the slot.
As a result, if you replace a multijump character with a non-multijump one, you get a crash.
That's probably because the non-multijump character don't have the right files in
Fit----MotionEtc.pac, like a multijump character have.
EXAMPLE: Green Alloy have the animations JumpAerialF, F2, F3, F4 & F5 in his FitZakoBallMotionEtc.pac
while Blue Alloy have only JumpAerialF in his FitZakoBoyMotionEtc.pac,
so if we try to use Blue Alloy over Green Alloy, we will most likely get a freeze when trying to use aerial jump, because Blue Alloy don't have the right files.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
That's probably because the non-multijump character don't have the right files in
Fit----MotionEtc.pac, like a multijump character have.
EXAMPLE: Green Alloy have the animations JumpAerialF, F2, F3, F4 & F5 in his FitZakoBallMotionEtc.pac
while Blue Alloy have only JumpAerialF in his FitZakoBoyMotionEtc.pac,
so if we try to use Blue Alloy over Green Alloy, we will most likely get a freeze when trying to use aerial jump, because Blue Alloy don't have the right files.
Also, some of your information is wrong. If the game tries to load a subaction that a character doesn't have an animation for, you get a t-pose. This is actually used in the game. Fox's final smash actually switches to subaction -1, which t-poses fox, and makes the model invisible.

The freeze I was getting when putting Roy in his own slot was caused by the game trying to load the MultiJump data from Roy's .pac, which he has a null offset to (since he doesn't have that data)

That is why Marth->Jiggs didnt work right.

IC-Constant data controls which jump action the game uses in PSA. For the forbidden 7, that information is pretty much nulled out. One thing that is weird though is that characters that can multi jump have a 0, and characters that jump normal have a 1.

duffmmann

Smash Cadet
This is awesome, I can't wait for it to be finished. I have a question though, will this allow for custom transforming characters to take up a slot? Say if the Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario characters get complete, would you be able to have a transforming character like that take up a new slot? And if so would it interfere in its counterpart (presumably Zelda/Sheik), cuz if not, then this code is going to be even more amazing than I could have ever hoped for.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I think (in my mind) that's not possible as of now, so if you get characters that of which, turn into other characters via by example Samus and Zero Suit, and Zelda and Sheik, the clone engine would have to find their identifiers. or of that sort. what i'm trying to say is. it might not be possible...

as of now.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Dant doesn't have access to a Wii so he wouldn't know yet. It'd all be theory until properly tested.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
The first thing I thought about seeing that video was, "What if we could do interesting Marvel Vs. Capcom matches where you switch characters midbattle?

Top Bottom