• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

ds22

Smash Lord
ds22, all the codes to make this work dont exist anywhere except for ProjectM.

It currently uses modified versions of the current CSS codes, and as a result, I am not publishing the codes until they are easily extendable. I mean, unless you want everyone to learn how to edit asm codes.
I guess not.
And it's also so that the required module file wasn't published as well.

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen the streams so sorry if the streams answer this question, but would the clone engine be able to replace sounds and voice files for the clone without replacing the original character's? Or is it not possible yet since smashbros_sound.brsar is stored in pf/sound instead of pf/fighter.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
We just need a code that loads sound effect individual files from the SD. Like.. Marth01.wav, Marth02.wav, etc. or whatever format.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
^ SFX replacement is already possible with Riivolution...

But Gaddswell, I seriously doubt we can ADD sounds and associate them with moves from a character that was never in the game to begin with. Ever thought on how absurd it sounds?

Even if Dant can pull that off, I don't care about these at all and I'd be fine with just the original sounds.
I rather have this avaliable ASAP.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I doubt it.

Maybe if we can add sections to the end of the brsar and defy the file size limit.
For instance, if say, we can hex sound files like Lloyd or Gray Fox to be at the end of the file after snd_group_enemy_Falconflyer and alter the ID, Group ID, Data1offset, and Data2offset, then the .rels to reference these new offsets.

Also add 32E,32F, etc. to the collections sectiona and reference Length and Unk1 correctly.

Or something like that.

/random rambling

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I just realized they might be adding CSP's using MiscData[41] on CharBustTex. But that way they'd be limited to only 6 textures. Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe it's possible to add new MiscDatas with new textures and create an association between the added character and them?

Definitely don't know.

EDIT: Hey Eternal Yoshi, check the Stage Hacking Central please.

Revven

FrankerZ
Most people don't use Riivolution (at least those without a working disc drive) and it'd also be ten times easier to have a code to allow SFX replacement. Dantarion had already said (at least to me) that when he's completely finished with clone engine (as far as functionality goes) he would then go on to add SFX replacement via codes. He also did mention that it may be possible to create their own soundbank the same way the characters can have their own costumes, moveset, and etc. It's just another file to say "make it their own" rather than count as the original character's soundbank.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
That's good, such code is long overdue. And even better to know it's gonna be made AFTER the clone engine.

But I assume that, since it wasn't done until now, neither by Dant or PW, even though it's long overdue, it's not easy.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Meh. In the end most of this stuff is proving to be pretty easy.
The issue is that it takes time to try this stuff, and other than Project M, I'm pretty bored with smash

Slashy

Smash Lord
Dantarion, do you still think you can split the save files so custom characters can have their own result data, and there won't be issues saving replays with custom characters?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
What happens when a replay is played without hacks?

Just curious ;p

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
no i think he finished marth and pikachu and is working on lucario right now he said character by character basis, so im guessing roy, pichu, and working on mewtwo next

br3compactor

Smash Ace
So I was right... and he has done 2 and a half for now.

Well, following the pattern... Link would be next... or Mario...

I think I understood what you mean. So if there's gonna be 7 new slots, for people to place whichever characters they'd want in there, it would, first, be necessary that you make all 36 characters possible (with codes for each). Then, and only then, people would be able to choose whichever 7 they'd want.

Did I get it right?

That'd mean a lot of work to you. O.o

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
huh, i read that but i didn't think much of it i guess we will have to see what happens

RedFire

Smash Rookie
Not to be rude, but some of you just aren't getting it.

The module files indicate the slots for each character.
Dant is trying to add more slots. In order to do so, he has to patch all the module files for each character.

So, in essence, he doesn't have to patch them for Roy, Pichu, etc...
He has to patch the characters they are BASED upon: Marth, Pikachu, etc...

So stop saying that he has to patch slots for every custom character ever made !
Thats not how it works. Thats our job when he's done making it user friendly.

ds22

Smash Lord
He not only patches modules to work over the 7 available slots, he also codes it so that it actually searches for it,, uses it and doesn't mess up anything (the reason why so much codes are needed).

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Not to be rude, but some of you just aren't getting it.

The module files indicate the slots for each character.
Dant is trying to add more slots. In order to do so, he has to patch all the module files for each character.

So, in essence, he doesn't have to patch them for Roy, Pichu, etc...
He has to patch the characters they are BASED upon: Marth, Pikachu, etc...

So stop saying that he has to patch slots for every custom character ever made !
Thats not how it works. Thats our job when he's done making it user friendly.
who isn't getting it? if your talking about me i knew just i was using the p:m example

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
So we will need to port Young Link, Dr Mario and any other custom caracter over Lucario, Pikachu or Marth to it's work?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
I am not doing any other characters after lucario. Unless P:M wants me too.
i don't understand? i would think that p:m would want the 5 melee characters added, well anyway i hope someone does some patching or something after this then because i know i will probably have no clue/ability

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Only Roy, Pichu and Mewtwo are confirmed to be in PM for several reasons.
And I think Dantarion will write a tutorial on how to do this (I hope).
Im pretty sure if he doesn't the masses of the brawl community will **** him to smithereens.

Top Bottom