• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
IT IS!!?!!???

WHAT AM I DOING ON MOBILE I'M GONNA DOWNLOAD IT NOW

(Remember EdgeTheLucas, last time you went off topic you were flagged for spam...)

...so yeah *ahem* how wold anyone feel about Ninten again since Masked Man the character is now Lucas' alt?

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
lol

I meant if Mother ever got another rep, would Ninten be okay? I'm thinking Duster would be cool too, he could be the first adult from the series, as well as the first non PSI user.
I would prefer Duster, or any other Mother character really.
Unless Ninten is unique enough to make up for his appearance, I wouldn't be thrilled with him.
Anyway, my download is done, I have work to do
(gotta make a complete custom set for 3.0 [excluding character textures of course] by tomorrow)

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
lol

I meant if Mother ever got another rep, would Ninten be okay? I'm thinking Duster would be cool too, he could be the first adult from the series, as well as the first non PSI user.

Duster was not the first. There was a non-PSI user in every game.

And I'm not really feeling any other Mother reps. They're not really that important to Nintendo as a whole. And there are other more important characters that bring just as much to the table in terms of gameplay and ease of implementation.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Duster was not the first. There was a non-PSI user in every game.

I didn't say he was the first, but I forgot to specify that, if PMBR chose him, he could've been the first non-PSI user playable in Smash. And I guess I see your point on Mother characters being pointless form your perspective.

Gonna edit my post now.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
MM or bust.

But Lucas is pretty much him now so whatever.

...Still want tetra. And Isaac, but he's a given.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
One reason beyond things I've stated earlier in this thread that pretains to Claus that I feel is really important is that He and Lucas are IMO a duality character.

Meaning the appearance of Lucas does not mean as much with out his equal and opposite brother Claus. They are twins and a lot of Lucas' character development in Mother 3 is actually dependant on Claus. And vice-versa, many of Claus' character development is reliant on Lucas.

If Mother 3 did not have the "twin" aspect of the two brothers, alot of its storyline would have less of an impact on the players. Anyone who has a sibling can understand what Im getting at here, little lone a twin.

That is one of the reasons I'd like to see him, and only him from mother as a character.

IMO Earthbound is about Ness, and only Ness. Mother 3's overarching story is about Lucas and Claus together.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Guys, Waddle ****ing Dee. Holy ****. He could be a spear user, a first. He could be based on Link, because Link has a lot of attacks Waddle Dee uses in KRtD, multi-stab, aerial downstab drop thing, arrows/spear throw. I could see MK working but then there'd be no spear throw. If Bandana Dee wasn't in Brawl, the bandana could just be his blue team color and he could have hats like Jiggles and Pikapow. It makes sense cause in KRtD he's just called Waddle Dee.
Lets work hard and make Waddle Dee the next Slippy Toad READY GO

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That icon is in the 3.0 data, yeah. As far as I know nothing else is hiding away. They always forget to hide stuff before releases. First it was Roy's nametag and the next release had a Dr. Mario portrait.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
People found Pichu stock icons in the new Common5 for 3.0 after only a couple hours of the release.

But I haven't heard of anyone finding a way to play as her. It would be something if she was unlockable, but I have no idea if they can even do such a thing let alone why the heck they would. TBH, I just think they forgot to remove these icons after possibly play testing a build of her, which is good news for all of you Pichu fans out there.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I've got finals/none of my friends are free right now. I toyed around for a bit but there's no real reason to play Smash unless you're with friends.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
no just......no, this killed me a little inside, I'm hoping this is just some kind of joke from the Pmbr like how It should have stayed on April fools.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
What is WRONG with you guys? Go play the ****ing game!
Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere and I still have 1.5 hours till my download is done. I also started as soon as the download was put up, so it's been a good 2-3 hours already :/

I also should be studying for my finals, but I can't get myself to step away from the boards and staring at the progress bar. It's like watching paint dry, but that paint just happens to be THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PAINT IN THE WORLD!!!

With what has happened in the past with P:M leaks, I think it's safe to say that she's going to be getting in at some point. I'm guessing she's going to be the next clone character implemented.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Whoohoo!

Really excited to see what the PMBR can do with Pichu.

Now every Melee veteran will be in PM.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Up-B: Bounce - Works like Dedede's recovery.
Side-B: Tackle - Horizontal recovery move with good knockback.
Down-B: Splash - Forces a trip on anyone directly behind or in front of Magikarp. Forces a drop if performed in the air and gains a hitbox with spike properties on descent.
Final Smash: Flail - Anyone in the immediate vicinity of Magikarp is smacked with all its fishy fury and sent hurtling off into the blast zone.

Make it so.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yep Pichu was very likely, This was no surprise. I guess he'll be the first of the 5 slots shown. (unless he's a alt, which I doubt.) And yes that spiky eared one will be a definite costume.

I'm really liking 3.0 so far, Love me dat there kirbeh. Poor DDD tho......

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
My joke aside....

Really. Pichu? Despite the devoted fanbase it seems to have, there realistically aren't enough people (no, you five guys who like Pichu, you aren't a "huge fanbase") actually like or want Pichu to merit it being in this game.

Pichu is just gonna be the dan of this game, but it won't be nearly as funny because it's being added and LITTERALLY TAKING THE SLOT AWAY from a character, that, most likely more people would want to play as.

That said I knew that that "april fools joke" was real and I'll probably play her in team battle for lolz because I like the ludicrous damage the Side B does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom