• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
It looks like I wont be able to come to the Weekly this time.. I'll be in LA. =/ But I will be at Dao's going away tourney, and the next one. =P

Tearbear

Smash Ace
ok

so smashfest tomorrow at havok's house starts at 5 and ends when ever

everyone come yo

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Awex i`ll team with you :D

Also i`ll be able to make the smashfest around 7 or 8ish

EDIT: I totally forgot that today was my birthday xD maybe i wont make it

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I doubt I'll make the smashfest, Dao's and the weekly.
Y'all gotta rep SD and say bye to dao for me tomorrow.

Soid ftw

Ezkl

Smash Cadet
lol what? Joe?! How you been? Are you gonna show up?

AC's got Olimar teaming experience. We got this.
Im doing good haha
Sadly I can not make it since I got work. But I wanna try to make it out there when I'm free.

Im pretty rusty though, I've been more interested in Brawl+ lately.

How's your Oli? Is it still a beast? haha

Awex

Smash Lord
Joe: It's kind of beast. I think I'm gonna play ICs tomorrow. I haven't played brawl in weeks. *shrugs*
It's probably still best Oli in SoCal. Eat a ****, *****Brown.
I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. Un-valentines day. </3

D

Deleted member

Stauffy is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good i dont understand it..

Thanks a ton havok for starting these up again :D

LanceStern

Smash Lord
This was fun. Random shoutouts?

Hav0k - Great tourney. Thanks for giving me a routine reality check on matchups and skill lol
Eclipse - Always good to see you and play. Very close games! I think your Kirby would have done the job. We gotta get those SDSU players to come over.
Burnt - Disgustingly good. I'll get good enough for your Yoshi one of these days. Very cool Pit as well! And we need to MM falco/Samus... $2?
Fallen - You're very cool. It's always good to see you come and Kirby rep. Hope you keep coming and around and finish off those Metaknights
Soid - Good to see you again.
tearbear - Cool as always. Congrats on the win against Haze, and your guys' doubles victory too! You are going places. I want to practice with you sometime, with D3 and Samus. EDIT: 4th place! Come on man NICE!
Nef B - Cool, nuff said. Even with rust you still had close tourney matches. Cool friendlies. Sorry for my doubles fail lol
Awex - Come to SDSU and play peoples please! And did you main ICies again?
TKD - Su Fox es bonito, no podria creerlo ! (How did the tyrant rematch go?)... EDIT: nvm, congratulations! lol
EG - We need friendlies next time, good to see you. Come to SDSU haah.
A and B - Very cool names, amazing skill.

stauffy quotes to remember:
"Samus can't do anything to me..." "RRRGGGHHH!!!!" (after a dair stage spike)
It was good to see you as well stauffy haha. EDIT: GREAT PLACING!!!! woo!!

And the rest of the socal community and vistiors it was great.

Awex

Smash Lord
I'm so happy these are back. =)

Lance: how often do you guys meet up? Is it really like every day? Cause I don't want to head over there just randomly and hope to find smash.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
San Diego 2

-The prize structure will stay permanent so players can get something back. When it comes to change, it will be rounded down/up.

- PLEAAAAASE bring $5/1's. No more 20's. Please!
-For those of you guys discouraged to attend the tournaments:

You will LOSE. You can't expect to come in and win. If it's you actual first tournament it supposed to be a reality check and from there assess the situation. That's where the first set of questions arise about your style of play/ character. Ask the appropriate person for help and start improving from there.

It's not fair lol. When we started the weeklies we didn't have people to ask for advice on brawl, we all just learned about the game as we went along. Now that some of you have the resources to ask the more experienced players, ASK! There are no such things as dumb questions, unless that's your intention.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
No such things as dumb questions? Alright you asked for it!

Awex: They literally play EVERYDAY from around 10AM until 5 PM. Most of that time is 4 player free for alls and doubles (with no team attack).

Monday nights I think starting at 4 or 5pm they love to do singles. That's when the tougher singles people come to play. But yea Monday through friday they are there. There are roughly 6 people that are same skill level as me (and a couple are little better), and that would be the best competition there for now.

But supposedly there is a BIG brawl scene at the dorms and they think all the Bowling alley players stink. We're trying to get a crew battle going.

Eclipsedrgn

Smash Cadet
whoa what i didnt know they did singles later in the day. i definitely gotta check that out.

and i'd be down to participate in that crew battle if you need another person to represent the bowling alley people lol.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Lanceeeee bring them to the tournament!!!!!!!!

I'll make flyers! lol.

One question or concern that is a irrelevant one, SAMUS will not beat mk.

Awex

Smash Lord
I'll try to show up there next monday night, Lance. This week is kinda booked for me.

I will totally rep the bowling alley in a crew battle. I just wanna **** some noobs. :D

LanceStern

Smash Lord
One question or concern that is a irrelevant one, SAMUS will not beat mk.
Those are fighting words. We're going to have to money match on that, just let me practice some more. We are brainstorming ideas on the Samus boards.

And btw, what's with putting my name in the tourney as Danni?! Come on now!

Awex said:
I'll try to show up there next monday night, Lance. This week is kinda booked for me.

I will totally rep the bowling alley in a crew battle. I just wanna **** some noobs. :D
Definitely Awex. And there's an Olimar user there that would have a great time learning things. And there's the Wolf user there that got inspired by your MK and switched to MK. Make it happen

Ace_Chase

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm new to the offline community. I feel like I'm finally ready to compete with the power ranked in SoCal. Can someone link me to the next SoCal tourney? And would anyone mind teaming with me there? I main meta knight, king dedede, and kirby.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm new to the offline community. I feel like I'm finally ready to compete with the power ranked in SoCal. Can someone link me to the next SoCal tourney? And would anyone mind teaming with me there? I main meta knight, king dedede, and kirby.
how are you new??

wernt you that guy who went to the weeklies and wanted to fight me too

lololol

http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Ace_Chase.ai

Slicer

Smash Cadet
I'll also need a partner this Saturday if I go (I'll go if my dad doesn't work,and he said there's like 10% possibility that he will work that day)

Tearbear,if I go,can we have some friendlies? =D

Top Bottom