• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone came up with this theory, but what if the "Chorus Kids" are actually:
(For those who don't know who this adorable trio is: Cam (the blue one wearing glasses.), Marshal (the white one.) and Ms. Ribbon. (the pink one with the bow.) They are (arguably) the mascots of Rhythm Heaven Fever. IMO, I think I would be jumping for joy if these three were the "Chorus Kids" the leak meant. (I'd still be happy with the "real" Chorus Kids though.)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone came up with this theory, but what if the "Chorus Kids" are actually:
(For those who don't know who this adorable trio is: Cam (the blue one wearing glasses.), Marshal (the white one.) and Ms. Ribbon. (the pink one with the bow.) They are (arguably) the mascots of Rhythm Heaven Fever. IMO, I think I would be jumping for joy if these three were the "Chorus Kids" the leak meant. (I'd still be happy with the "real" Chorus Kids though.)
people have already suggested this and people have already given reasons for why its not them

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
What makes them different from any other potential Rhythm Heaven character?
Not much - and that's why it wouldn't be a surprise if they got in over any other character. Rhythm Heaven doesn't really have any standout characters.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Just something I'm wondering: we haven't seen any newcomers with redesigns, unlike Pit in Brawl, or arguably Marth in Melee. So, think they could become the Chorus Bishounen get a redesign for Smash? They are pretty simplistic visually as of now. Though, such a simple design might be necessary in order to not lag the game.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Just something I'm wondering: we haven't seen any newcomers with redesigns, unlike Pit in Brawl, or arguably Marth in Melee. So, think they could become the Chorus Bishounen get a redesign for Smash? They are pretty simplistic visually as of now. Though, such a simple design might be necessary in order to not lag the game.
I'm not sure what you could change really.
And anyways, I think WFT got a different hairstyle and Rosalina has those stars on her dress that weren't there before.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'm not sure what you could change really.
And anyways, I think WFT got a different hairstyle and Rosalina has those stars on her dress that weren't there before.
Eh, I would have the said the same thing about Pit prior to Brawl, but just look what happened. Though, I suppose you do have a point. They should be on the roster next to GnW then, carve out a little section of their own.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't be surprised if the proportions of the limbs are extended to make them look more similar to Marshell for the sake of making any attacks involving the arms and legs have more reasonable range. Because at the moment due to the proportions of their limbs, their range may be too pathetic and will likewise be a massive flaw.

Basically unlike Pit who was redesigned to be updated and fit well with the rest of the cast, this is a more so a case where a redesign may be needed for gameplay purposes.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I wouldn't be surprised if the proportions of the limbs are extended to make them look more similar to Marshell for the sake of making any attacks involving the arms and legs have more reasonable range. Because at the moment due to the proportions of their limbs, their range may be too pathetic and will likewise be a massive flaw.

Basically unlike Pit who was redesigned to be updated and fit well with the rest of the cast, this is a more so a case where a redesign may be needed for gameplay purposes.
That makes quite a bit of sense. Their design does have its own style (if minimalistic), so I suppose changes for gameplay only make quite a bit of sense. Also, since they're... quirky... characters rather than serious ones, unlike Pit, that's another point.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I just want to say that I'm not really a supporter of the Chorus Kids, but I'm very excited to see how they will work; and I'm cheering for you guys. Any character that recieves so much hate for NOTHING, deserves more support.. regardless of which nature; I'm not considering them as a joke or something, they got my full respect.

Hope you guys enjoy ONline play a lot with them; ... have fun. =)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
....my avatar is my reaction right now.
That's quite the reaction. :troll:

Anyway, I fully support the Chorus Men/Kids. Not only do I get a nice rhythm fighter, but I get Chrom, Pac-Man, and Palutena with them. :laugh:

That, and as a choir singer myself, I find them to be hilarious. :p

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
As long as they have a move where they pull out a wrestler arm (f-smash/f-tilt/f-air), I won't mind them at all!

RamenSploosh

Smash Rookie
I found this forum while looking for peoples views on the choir boys in smash, and found this website dedicated to smash discussions, I love it! :D
Any way, I 100% support the choir boys for smash! It would be the coolest thing ever and I never would have expected it, but when I heard the idea I thought it sounded amazing!! So sign me up for the choir game and watch!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I found this forum while looking for peoples views on the choir boys in smash, and found this website dedicated to smash discussions, I love it! :D
Any way, I 100% support the choir boys for smash! It would be the coolest thing ever and I never would have expected it, but when I heard the idea I thought it sounded amazing!! So sign me up for the choir game and watch!
Wow, your first post on the site is on this thread? I'm honored!

Nice to see a bump too, since I have a moveset planned, so...
Stay tuned.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Crap, I wanted to make another "Staffo's Ridiculous Set." Dang it.
Go ahead! The more movesets the better. Who knows, maybe we even have some of the same ideas.

Mine is heavily based on Rhythm Heaven minigames, not sure if you were doing that or making one from scratch.
Doesn't matter either way.

MetalMario128

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetalMario64
Rhythm Heaven is one Nintendo series that I still haven't played, so I'm not sure how these guys could work.

I'm all for new Nintendo franchises in Smash, but what kind of moves would these guys have?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I definitely support, they are cute and I like the idea of a Rhythm Heaven Rep.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
At long last, my moveset.

Keep this in mind as you read: each attack triggers a 4/4 time signature metronome, to assist in keeping the beat.

B: Glee Club
The first Chorus Kid starts to sing, and pressing B in rhythm allows the other two to join in, sending blue shock waves in three directions. B can be held after the last kid joins in, which forms a sort of barrier around them. Letting go sends the sound waves shooting in their respective directions.

Side B: Love Lab
The Chorus Kids sway to a quick rhythm, passing a chemical-filled test tube down the line. Pressing Side-B in rhythm keeps the beaker moving, but losing the beat makes the kids drop the beaker. The last kid in line tosses the chemical to his side, hopefully hitting an opponent, and granting an effect. The chemical's effects are in a set order: Burn, Freeze, Pitfall (ground)/Meteor Smash (air).

Up B: Micro Row
Holding down Up-B causes the kids to be squashes down, and letting go causes them to shoot upward. Pressing Up-B in rhythm allows them to do this three times.

Down B: Tap Troupe
This attack's function is similar to DK's Down B. The Chorus Kids tap dance by stomping on the ground, causing a quake in the area surrounding them. To continue tapping, Down-B must be tapped in a syncopated pattern. Each round of tapping is completed by a powerful stomp. The tapping causes a quake with low knockback, while the stomp can send your opponents flying.

Final Smash: Rhythm Paradise
Much of the Rhythm Heaven cast comes in and tramples the opponents. Get creative with this one, imagine it yourself.
I personally imagine the Wrestler being among the cast on the ground, and the Blue Birds hitting the opponents from above.

I'll try to do a full moveset if you guys really want me to.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
So what do you guys think of the Chorus Kids possibly making an appearance at E3? likely or wishful thinking?

@ Louie G. Louie G.
add me to the supporters list I've been stanning for the Kids since the leak came out (I'm actually on the first page of the thread :bee:)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not sure about an E3 reveal since Rhythm Heaven isn't really on par with Wii Fit as far as recognizability goes.

Here's hoping though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
C'mon, Gematsu, don't lie to us now.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I actually want them to be 2d, as them being RH characters I feel it suits them better.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I don't think they'll be revealed at E3 if they're in. Their (the Rhythm Heaven) fanbase is centered in Japan, so they would get worse reception if revealed in a Western event.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, I think they would be hidden characters, especially with Gematsu leaking them.

The reason I don't want them 2D is because being 2D is a part of what makes Mr Game & Watch special, no one else should be 2D imo.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
To put it simply, I support wholeheartedly.
Here is my moveset for them (which is a modified version of a Marshall set I posted a while ago):

Neutral Special - Glee Club: The first Chorus Kid opens his yap and sings a note of pure vocal energy. Pressing B in rhythm allows for the other two to join in, creating a barrier of sound that pushes away opponents.
Side Special - Love Lab: The Chorus Kids line up and start tossing a test tube down the line. Pressing B in rhythm will cause them to shake the beaker, which makes a large heart fly into the air (which heals them by 1-2%). The last kid throws the potion away, damaging any opponent it hits.
Up Special - Night Walk: Each Chorus Kid leaps vertically into the air. Connecting with an opponent does a bit of damage. This move is quick and can lift them pretty high, but it has virtually no horizontal control.
Down Special - Built to Scale: The Chorus Kids roll out a square widget piece, which slowly rolls along in the background until it falls off of the stage. The widget itself cannot damage opponents - to complete the attack, you must use perfect timing. When the widget rolls behind an opponent, the player must press the attack button again, which will launch a red widget rod from the foreground! This rod hits directly where the square widget currently is positioned. This rod deals large amounts of damage, but is hard to execute because of the slow-moving widget and tricky timing.
Final Smash - Karate Man: Suddenly, Karate Joe appears next to the choir and delivers a flurry of punches! Connecting with his fists is instant death. But... Karate Joe doesn't move, so this attack is very easy to avoid, right? Wrong - because he also punches a plethora of pots, barrels, light bulbs and bombs that fly across the screen, hitting all the opponents in its path!

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think they would be hidden characters, especially with Gematsu leaking them.

The reason I don't want them 2D is because being 2D is a part of what makes Mr Game & Watch special, no one else should be 2D imo.
Yes I agree completely, I want the kids to be 3D. 2D is Mr Game & Watch's shtick.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Has anyone made recolors yet? I don't find the white terribly interesting, and I think recolors might get me to try them out if they are indeed in the game.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
How should they be recolored? Like Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Pichu? (outfits given to them) or like Yoshi/Kirby (skin color changes)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
How should they be recolored? Like Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Pichu? (outfits given to them) or like Yoshi/Kirby (skin color changes)
I'd definitely want them to give them outfits, or at least hats, based on other characters from Rhythm Heaven.

Top Bottom