• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chile Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
They made a list that purports to show the must-used characters in tournaments, meaning its a list showing which characters Chileans believe will help them place well in a tournament, thus it's a list of how good they think the characters are.
No. It's just a listing of popularity. A tier list is utterly and completly different.

Honestly people. Hon-est-ly. =_____=

Vel

Smash Apprentice
This is the Chilean tier list, which they ripped straight off the US

http://www.smashbroschile.cl/foros/index.php?showtopic=4647

Which goes to show that throughout the Western hemisphere, brawlers depend on the US smashboards for guidance, wisdom, and instructions on how to pwn at Brawl ;)

And comments like these show the Chileans ***** and complain just as much as the US about the placement of their favorite characters:

Mr.Game&Watch bajo de puesto y eso que ahora tiene el bucket cancel :S y tambien el pobre de R.O.B >_<

transaltion: Mr. Game&Watch's low position and that that now has the bucket partition: S and tambien the poor R.O.B >_<

Maldicion Link sigue siendo considerado basura...Al menos subio. ¡A trabajar con Link!

Translation - Link continues being respected trash. ..To work with Link!

Tampoco entiendo porqué Bowser no es low tier; es lento y creo que tiene los movimientos mas laggeros del juego.... aunque he visto videos de NinjaLink en smashboards, pero aun no cacho como puede estar "tan alto".... a mi gusto junto con Ganondorf y Captain Falcon son los peores del juego... bueno esa es mi opinion

Translation - Do neither I understand the reason why Bowser is not low tier; he is slow and I believe that has the movements but laggeros of the play. ... although I have seen videos of NinjaLink in smashboards, but even not bit as can be "so high".... to my flavor along with Ganondorf and Captain Falcon are the worst of the play... that is my opinion

Ni cagando Captain Falcon tan bajo, que los qlos de Smashboards no lo sepan ocupar es wea de ellos pero hay demasiadas personas pro con Falcon xD (No se enojes es mi punto de vista, mas o menos)

Translation - Neither ****ting Captain Falcon so low, that the Smashboards know it not to occupy is wea of them but there is too many people for with Falcon xD (Do not get mad it's my point of view, more or less)

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Pikachu...Low Tier...WHAT?!

And why is Wario last? Chileans must of forgot that Wario can jump off his bike.

Plus it's even wierder seeing Meta Knight in 3rd. It's like having Sheik being above Fox and Marth in the Melee Tier List.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I was born in Chile. That's a pretty cool list though, whether it's a tier list or not.

Go Chile. :p

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
People here should learn to read...

Desde ese punto de vista, creo que metaknigh deberia ser high nomas, porque casi ni se ven en los torneos, al menos en los que e estado yo.
Assuming "nomas" = "no más," it's interesting that the player this is quoted from thinks that MK should no longer be top tier.

It's clearly not a tier list from what the Chilean and other South American posters have said. And if Chile has so few Smash players, why is it strange that those few people picking their favorite characters and dominating with them creates a tournament rankings list that's very different from US or Japan tier lists?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
There is also the fact that the list is like 4 or 5 months old, so don't expect the popularity to still be laid out like that..

I do find it interesting about how LITTLE play Wario gets.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
No its more of a:

lolwtfisthiscrap,whoarethesefreaks list.

Seriously... Does anyone know how to grab or DI in Chile?
I'm from sschile.

We know MK is broken, we know DDD have a Chain Grab... We know DI... etc. etc.

But, we play for fun (we don't win money with smash). We use characterer that we like. The infamous "chilean tier list" is only a list where the first one is the character who has won more tournaments. I know it isn't a tier list, the idea was make a tier list, but finally nobody agree.

Didi Kong has won more tournament, and nobody win with Wario.

For my part... I play with Link and Kirby... i know TL is better that Link, I can play good with TL, but I like Link, and don't like TL... I play for fun.

Excuse my english...

xDeadmanx

Smash Rookie
weones de mierda, noobs

el aweonao q postio esto y se mete en el foro de chile va a caxar q le digo q es un aweonao de mierda
acaso no lei q es de mas popularidad
esa lista vale caca weon

y gringos qls
xupenmela
me los owniare a toos si vienen como a los mexicanos qls
pendejos qls no mas q se la xupan a mario bros

se creen weno los qls y son millones de weones los q juegan y como 20 los q salvan
pendejos qls pasaos a makaka XD

y el weon de arriva, drigo torres you are noob, you are owned for ever in chile, suck **** of you mother ***** xD

ya weones de mierda xupenla

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
el aweonao q postio esto y se mete en el foro de chile va a caxar q le digo q es un aweonao de mierda
esa lista vale caca weon

y gringos qls
xupenmela

se creen weno los qls y son millones de weones los q juegan y como 20 los q salvan

y el weon de arriva, drigo torres you are noob, you are owned for ever in chile, suck **** of you mother ***** xD

lmfao

10lmfaos

tocador

Smash Lord
Lol. Im from Brazil, and like, here people play diferently then from US, like we play diferent from Chile Smashers!

Every place has its own "special things", or like its peculiarity(sorry i cant spell). So people are realy some what dumb for saying "lolol wario at last, chile sukzor" 'cause maybe that's how they play in chile xP!

Just a comment, here in Brazil, tourneys are currntly being owned by: Oli's, Ike's, Peach's, Marth/Diddy/Pit's, and basicaly none MK/GaW/DDD/Falcon. Yeah we still have some good snakes too!

Just to confirm it, here are some vid's of one of the latest champ here in Brazil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwgDBka2aS8&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzgLHTaTfO0&feature=channel_page

Go ike! xP!

Vel

Smash Apprentice
Dude, what part of 'we don't speak spanish' don't you understand? Don't they have schools in Chile?

For those who want a rough translation, courtesy of babel fish:

----------------------------------------------------
perhaps this and puts in the forum of Chile is going to ?? I say to him excrement. It's not of tier, but popularity that ready ??? and gringos if they come like a Mexican ***-holes but do not ?? it to Mario bros they are created ?? and they are million of ?? the 20 play and as the save ***-holes ?? above, ??? plow you noobs, you get plowed owned for to ever in Chile, suck **** of you to mother ***** already ones of excrement
-------------------------------------------------------

Most of you defending the Chile 'list' are forgetting that Brawl in Chile is the same game as in the US - the same code, the same characters, the same underlying physics. So the question comes down to whether the Chilean popularity list is a reflection of their bias or their calculation the actual underlying game mechanics.

We know the US list is far more accurate - that Wario is more capable than the Chileans give him credit for, that C. Falcon sucks more than they care to admit. So this means that the chilean list is a reflection of their bias (and it it is a reflection of their calculation, God help them in a real tourney). There is no 'we play differently in Chile' - the game in Chile is what it is in the US, the game mechanics are the same. So to say that Chileans play different is BS - the game is what it is, and to say differently is to admit Chile can't measure up to US players. The list posted may be a popularity list, but it still reveals that Chile's tournament scene is ruled more by popularity than analyzing the game mechanics

For those posting curses in spanish:
- great way to represent your country, insult everyone you don't like. You'll really convince ppl that Chile is full of foul-mouthed morons just like you

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Here's another chilean posting.
What I have to say, ( and it's been already said a couple of times..):
That's not a tier list. People tried to make a Tier list, but they didn't use the private forums dedicated to discussing Smash "more seriously". They made it public. Result? Lots of inexperienced players posted their opinions.

That's just a List one person made, with the idea to "create a list, based on character popularity and tournament results". What I can say, like someone else already said is that Smash is and will never be played the way it's played in the US.

You have about 300 million people. We are only about 16. Chile is a long Country (4400 km), not every Smasher is really willing to spend a lot of money to attend to a Tournament.

We can't hold big Tournaments as you people do. Normally the venues are not that big, so they can't hold many people. We normally make Melee-Brawl Tournaments, together but just in one day.

You can imagine, we can't have as many people attending to tournaments as you do.

And last, there are not that many great Brawlers here. There were some good players, they found the game boring and they quit. Most Melee players don't like brawl. So we have mainly new people who got attracted to the game, maybe for the first time.

xDeadmanx

Smash Rookie
a gringos qls no tienen naa mas q hacer posteo una wea y toos la leen
salgan a la calle los weones q tan metios en el foro aweonaos qls
y habla vo en español po saco wea q queri q hable ingles ctm

tier list la maska weon

suck my A S S m2K y toos los pendejos qls tambien

Zean

Smash Rookie
esa lista vale caca weon

y gringos qls
xupenmela

JP

ok, a little summary for the non-spanish speakers

this is a popularity list... blah blah ... drigo torres you are noob, you are owned for ever in chile, suck **** of you mother ***** xD, and i would like to suck your ****, you guys are so awesome
thats is, dead ql xD

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
a gringos qls no tienen naa mas q hacer posteo una wea y toos la leen
salgan a la calle los weones q tan metios en el foro aweonaos qls
y habla vo en español po saco wea q queri q hable ingles ctm

tier list la maska weon

suck my A S S m2K y toos los pendejos qls tambien
Lol Chileans are funny when they get mad online. I'm a native Spanish speaker and I lol at your Spanish.

I'd say more but I will stop here 'cause I'll get infracted.

To any Mod that is reading...please close this or it will turn into a flame war.

xDeadmanx

Smash Rookie
y al ql de braazil, te apuesto q eres mas malo q la caca del drigo torres
les vole el hoyo como dice arturo wii a los mexicanos qls malos q deben ser como vo
anda a xuparcela a fabrizio mejor saco wea

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Lol Chileans are funny when they get mad online. I'm a native Spanish speaker and I lol at your Spanish.

I'd say more but I will stop here 'cause I'll get infracted.

To any Mod that is reading...please close this or it will turn into a flame war.
I agree. I think we're not going anywhere. And it's sad that there's some people who can't take things easy.

Please close this. Let everyone think what they want to

tocador

Smash Lord
y al ql de braazil, te apuesto q eres mas malo q la caca del drigo torres
les vole el hoyo como dice arturo wii a los mexicanos qls malos q deben ser como vo
anda a xuparcela a fabrizio mejor saco wea
I speak spanish, so just f-you, i dont think you have the right to tell cra* of my country just because you think your Chuck Norris in the internet.

Just close this, i really dont want to see the blood spiling.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Dude, what part of 'we don't speak spanish' don't you understand? Don't they have schools in Chile?

For those who want a rough translation, courtesy of babel fish:

----------------------------------------------------
perhaps this and puts in the forum of Chile is going to ?? I say to him excrement. It's not of tier, but popularity that ready ??? and gringos if they come like a Mexican ***-holes but do not ?? it to Mario bros they are created ?? and they are million of ?? the 20 play and as the save ***-holes ?? above, ??? plow you noobs, you get plowed owned for to ever in Chile, suck **** of you to mother ***** already ones of excrement
-------------------------------------------------------

Most of you defending the Chile 'list' are forgetting that Brawl in Chile is the same game as in the US - the same code, the same characters, the same underlying physics. So the question comes down to whether the Chilean popularity list is a reflection of their bias or their calculation the actual underlying game mechanics.

We know the US list is far more accurate - that Wario is more capable than the Chileans give him credit for, that C. Falcon sucks more than they care to admit. So this means that the chilean list is a reflection of their bias (and it it is a reflection of their calculation, God help them in a real tourney). There is no 'we play differently in Chile' - the game in Chile is what it is in the US, the game mechanics are the same. So to say that Chileans play different is BS - the game is what it is, and to say differently is to admit Chile can't measure up to US players. The list posted may be a popularity list, but it still reveals that Chile's tournament scene is ruled more by popularity than analyzing the game mechanics

For those posting curses in spanish:
- great way to represent your country, insult everyone you don't like. You'll really convince ppl that Chile is full of foul-mouthed morons just like you

It is people like this that make the rest of the world hate Americans.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
this is not a pupularity list, because im the only player who mains diddy in chile, and in this list is top tier........

Im starting to main wario, i placed second in the last tourney here in chile just using wario. The problem is that our forum have some few years, is small, that means just few players plays at a really competitive level, thats the reason why there is a lot of characters down in the list, and the list just was made by one guy, and some random tourney results, so, the only thing that is true about this list, is that Diddy Kong, snake and metaknight place top 3 at every tourney in chile, the rest of the list is crap.

pd: srry if my english is poor

xDeadmanx

Smash Rookie
look
a chilean prah!!!
is deadman weon ctm is dead
im the best brawler in chuchunco city rulz, gringos qls xupen la q cuelga haber si entienden algo ctm, perros qls de un pata en la raja les gano XD
and the mother of drigo torres y top tier

iDual

Smash Rookie
look
a chilean prah!!!
is deadman weon ctm is dead
im the best brawler in chuchunco city rulz, gringos qls xupen la q cuelga haber si entienden algo ctm, perros qls de un pata en la raja les gano XD
and the mother of drigo torres y top tier
lol

dead prah, you're my idol :$

xDeadmanx

Smash Rookie
this is not a pupularity list, because im the only player who mains diddy in chile, and in this list is top tier........

Im starting to main wario, i placed second in the last tourney here in chile just using wario. The problem is that our forum have some few years, is small, that means just few players plays at a really competitive level, thats the reason why there is a lot of characters down in the list, and the list just was made by one guy, and some random tourney results, so, the only thing that is true about this list, is that Diddy Kong, snake and metaknight place top 3 at every tourney in chile, the rest of the list is crap.

pd: srry if my english is poor
you are crap gin ql
olimar patea culos

CHILE VS USA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KICK USA

NINTENDO QL ARREGLA EL LAG QL COMO EN EL MARIO KART PA PATEAR CULOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom