• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chile Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoZu

Smash Rookie
lol... you have a poor mind (the most part of you).... this is Chile's tier list, and it means the best results on tourneys and most used.... this only prooves we don't care to use MK to win tourneys...

And no, we all know wario is nice ;).. its just there's no warios on tourneys... cuz we pick the char we like (most part of chileans), not the BEST ones.. just to win... thats kinda noob... getting a low char to its peak... that needs lots of gamer habilities... and lots of training...

PS: that isn't actually "THE" chilean tierlist... that was done by just one person, we haven't got togetter to discuss a real Tier list...

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
lol... you have a poor mind (the most part of you).... this is Chile's tier list, and it means the best results on tourneys and most used.... this only prooves we don't care to use MK to win tourneys...

And no, we all know wario is nice ;).. its just there's no warios on tourneys... cuz we pick the char we like (most part of chileans), not the BEST ones.. just to win... thats kinda noob... getting a low char to its peak... that needs lots of gamer habilities... and lots of training...

PS: that isn't actually "THE" chilean tierlist... that was done by just one person, we haven't got togetter to discuss a real Tier list...
It's extraordinary that the culture of an entire nation could be scrub.

Well, the list being a parallel of something more like Ankoku's tourney results thread, than a tier list... there's no contradiction in it.
The only mysterious thing is Meta Knight being below Diddy. And Diddy being where he is. Even MK not being first is not too ridiculous, if Snake takes the slot.
Also, Mario placing above D3. Are D3's features banned in Chile?

What I want to see are videos of high brackets Diddy play in Chile. Have they cracked Diddy's meta or does everyone there just suck against him?

.... and DEAR GOD people why can't you read this? You're from the U.S., isn't this taught as a second language in high schools?

"Entonces solo es una lista para ver los personajes mas usados y no lo mas buenos... eso segun lo q he leido en los post..."
"So, this is only a list to see the most-used characters, not the best."

The second sentence, though, seems to involve phonetic or idiomatic Spanish - or some word structures peculiar to Chile - so I can't read it.

Thankfully, we have guys like 'Gin' on that forum, posting this:

las tier list buscan dar un marco global del juego, refiriendose a las ventajas de cada personaje respecto a todos los otros, entonces, en teoria ,"la tier list" deberia ser la misma en todos los lugares. Ahora bien, suponajes go que esta idea va mas por el lado de una lista en funcion de los personajes que mas se usan, y que les va mejor en torneos.

Desde ese punto de vista, creo que metaknigh deberia ser high nomas, porque casi ni se ven en los torneos, al menos en los que e estado yo.
Olimar deberia subir a high, porq por ahi tenemos a algunos usuarios que les va relativamente bien en el plano competitivo, y mario irse pa abajo xd. Quizas King DDD subir a top.
I can't say what most of it says specifically, but basically he's explaining the idea of "THE Tier list", and theory, and telling people about MK and Mario and D3 and Olimar and where they should go.

RoZu

Smash Rookie
i said it wasn't a tier list... i said it was the most used mostly... and it was created by one person...

ArticoMagico

Smash Rookie
hi there

ehm first than all my english sucks =D

well ok

this tier list

This one " tier list " was done a time ago behind, we did it on the basis of tilts done in "chili".
I was the creator of this ready thread, if it is not very good, ero these stocks in results of tilts.
It was supposed that this " tier list " she was going to be arranged with the time, with post contributors to the topic, but it was never achieved to finish for little interest to this one.
Though it is a **** for you it reflects the reality of the tilts here in our country

I am not one of the best players of "Chile" but I am not so bad either, am withdrawn from the brawl and probably know me in movies as " Strudent Pie Tart, Terrible Macho, En mi casa me dicen Star etc ... " " Hi im troy mcclure xD ".
But this tier list was not mas that my humble opinion in the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orIpT3a8P5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyd_kEdHL4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohtDoFiVw0A

Corrector FTW xD

=)

thanks and goodbye

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
im from smashbroschile, and this list is based in tourney results, nos more used characters.
Diddy kong and snake are top because i and a friend like always get 1st and second in the locan tourneys, but theres a regional player, he main mk, and when he comes to the city, he always won, i just beated him like 2 times, so mk is god tier in chile too.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
There is no way that this is real or right, or the people who play in Chile aren't that good. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR LUCARIO TO BE LOW TIER! How do they fight in Chile though? Their Meta-game might just be different than our own... I just can't believe Lucario is low Tier.... IMPOSSIBLE! TREASON! BLASFEMY OF THE HIGHEST CALIBUR! SOMEONE IS GOING TO BE STONED FOR THIS! Maybe someone is already stoned....

A tierlist from tournament results seems like it's still a popularity list, but focusing on just the tournament winners... I like that system a little bit more, but I still think it should be made from the match ups themselves, rather than tournament statistics. Harder to do, but more concrete (except for the new techs that can change match ups).

I checked some of the posts. This is really just a usage list instead of a tournament or tierlist? That explains a lot then, in which case, it's much more believable and understandable. Who wants to use a Nazi like Wario? And everyone loves Snake. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The majority of responses I've seen in this thread are disgusting.

It's a very interesting list, overall.

I o r i

Smash Rookie
You think?
Any user of the smashbroschile we can defeat o.o
his game is based solely on Snake, DDD. and MK LOL
Play smash without qlos life, not play metasmash xD

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Ahh, so it's similar to Ankoku's rankings thread. Interesting.

It's astounding how different their metagame is...

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
this list is not a oficial tier list from smashbroschile, just some user posted it in our forum, and used some tourney results. Im totally disagree with this tier list too, and the reason because there a lot of character ver down in the list, its because here en chile we have just like 7 players that can play at pro level, the other players just are beginning in brawl, because all the old melee player quit from smash.
So some characters are not used at pro level like lucario and other one that have great potential, and like a said, some random guys posted that tier list in our forum with some recent tourney results, just that.

An examle, im the only who mains diddy and get top 2 consistently in chile, and just for that is top tier........

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
hi there
for people saying "wtf! how can wario be bottom", it means all wario players don't make it out of the pools on tourneys ON CHILE.
try to be more open minded, first of all, like rozu said, is a list made by one person, i think i will talk to the people there so they do an official one -_- so things like this don't happen again because they made chile look stupid :p

why diddy is so high? simpley because the best, or maybe the 2nd best mains diddy and has won most of the tourneys. why mk isn't top? because it isn't that used or mained.
but indeed, it isn't the official list.....so it doens't really matter if i defend it... i just think people aren't smart enough....making stupid opinnions not knowing how tier lists are done. I was sure it were done on matchups and tournament results.

My opinion is that the US tier list is the best one. But the guys here just wanted to state how characters were outgoing on tourneys here.
byez :)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I, currently residing in a South American country, can claim without any doubt that Smash Bros. on South America is NOT PLAYED like in the US. There are NO important major tournaments like ANYWHERE. USA is the most populated nation in the Americas, meaning there are FAR more gamers than any other country here combined.

Nintendo doesn't give a **** about South America either. Everything you read about Smash on a local forum is just crap unless they are based off of USA.

kancervero

Smash Rookie
Well, I understand this list, refers to the most used and that have achieved the greatest success in tournaments in Chile, so ...
snake,dydy, Metaknight (subject to that region from time to time but always wins ..
¬ ¬)

mm watch these videos, it is almost always the same end in our country ...

sorry for my English .. use a translator u.u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDm3Xx17Zgk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VHiruSio0Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_xNvTqT2c&feature=related

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why is Dedede always so low on foreign tier/ranking lists? Do people outside of North America not use grabs?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I, currently residing in a South American country, can claim without any doubt that Smash Bros. on South America is NOT PLAYED like in the US. There are NO important major tournaments like ANYWHERE. USA is the most populated nation in the Americas, meaning there are FAR more gamers than any other country here combined.

Nintendo doesn't give a **** about South America either. Everything you read about Smash on a local forum is just crap unless they are based off of USA.
This. The tier list is pointless lol.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I just read a couple of posts on that thread of theirs. Apparently they host tournaments every 2 months or so.

Also, nothing can surpass Italy's stance on Metaknight. lolol, remember?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I just read a couple of posts on that thread of theirs. Apparently they host tournaments every 2 months or so.

Also, nothing can surpass Italy's stance on Metaknight. lolol, remember?
"It is somewhat debated if Meta Knight should be banned from tournaments. A rumor saying that Meta Knight had been banned from Italian tournaments ran through the Smash Community in September, 2008. This rumor was later proven to be false by Italian Smashers themselves, who were just having a poll in the Italian Smashboards asking users if they thought Meta Knight deserved a ban (these kinds of polls were popular in all the Smashboards around the world at the time). The results of the poll were misunderstood and posted on Smashboards as if Italy had banned Meta Knight. There already have been some tournaments that have banned Meta Knight. "

Quote from Smash wiki. Not quite sure what was so lol worthy about their 'stance' on him.

kr3wman

Smash Master
So people can't understand that its a 'most-used' list, and that wario being last means there are next to none playing him in Chile?

It's not that hard to logically understand.

ArticoMagico

Smash Rookie
hey hey hey faaaaaaaaaat albert

no seriously wait .__-.

Not only because we have different rankings to you it is a motive for laugh of us, less us to criticize the list.
It is not the official list of tiers in chili I already said that a post was alone to the emptiness that nobody wanted to argue and that at least reflects the reality in the tourneys of chili.
As already I said not because it should be different from her from you be neither motive of jeer nor nothing for the style.
And if, it has not had niun wario user in tilts and I spend the groups of a tourney in 2nd place of my group with captain falcon.
In chile are a lot of Captain Falcon user

greetings

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The OP is corrected by Spanish speakers and then even the Chilean posters themselves, and YET people are spilling in to say "lololol stupid Chile look at Wario".

SMASHBOARDS YOU ARE ALMOST INCOMPREHENSIBLY STOOPID SOMETIMES

T_______T

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We have been told by Chileans the tournament scene is small there. Mario's placement could be caused by 1-2 players, and Wario might just not be used which isn't fair to pick on them for. Use some common sense people...

Vel

Smash Apprentice
What's wrong with a little poking fun? We're not insulting the country, just the brawlers who made this list.

They made a list that purports to show the must-used characters in tournaments, meaning its a list showing which characters Chileans believe will help them place well in a tournament, thus it's a list of how good they think the characters are.

The list they made is terrible, and this thread is just a little gentle ribbing for it.

Lighten up - so we make fun of them, so what? Every country likes to poke fun at its neighbors (Canada/France are especially ripe targets for teasing, but they also make fun of the US constantly) - it's just a little fun, take a chill pill and go to another thread if your skin is too thin.

EDIT - lol @ Wario placement; guess Chileans don't dig the little guy so much

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Guys, again, keep in mind this isn't a "This character is better than this character who is better than this dude who is better than this dudette who is better than those 3 put together and that are handicaped who is better than the rapist captain bird man" list. This is a full on Popularity list. Just because someone is popular doesn't mean they are good. It means they are popular. Think back to highschool and look at all of the Cheerleaders and Football players and Homecoming Kings and Queens. They are the most popular at that school, and yet 70% of the time they suck at life.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Are y'all complete idiots?

This is not a tier list. This is a list of who is used the most. So for everyone *itching about this, that, and the other shut up.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
This is a popularity poll for tournaments,

- meaning ppl pick which characters they believe will help them win the tournament
- meaning its a list of characters that ppl think have the best chance of winning a tournament

- meaning it's an opinion poll on what Chilean brawlers think which characters think are the best at winning tournaments (so it is a form of tier list)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom