• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CHARITY UNO SMASH: Feat. Cook (MO Brawl), JBM-Cue-Sm3esh-ResTy (NE Melee)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Having hard counter pick stages (other than FD, people LOVE FD) at a college tournament, even an ubercasual tournament college (or con tournament) is frowned upon hard. Also, I let the girls decide what stages we should use, but I told her what stages were legal, and she chose ones she didn't want on. Halberd is the stage that gives damage, and delfino is the moving stage stage, and PS1 is the moving platforms on a stage level, so it has decent CP's if you think about it.

Did I mention this tournament is being run by two cute asian girls? Why are you guys trying to make them cry about their choice of rules for a tournament for charity that you probably aren't coming to anyway that's supposed to attract n00bs?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's hilarious, did you get it recorded?
Nope. Twas back in 08 when people thought Din's was a decent projectile and Zelda was midtier.

She's top tier vs nubs though so she should be banned.

DTILT INFINITE AGAINST A WALL

I'll stop ripping on this ruleset now that I know it's being run by two cute Asian girls.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Man, I was going to come to this tourney up until you said two asian girls.

that's like twice as bad as my worst case scenario.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
RULES UPDATED, FIXED SOME WORDING SO CERTAIN CHARACTERS AREN'T BEING TARGETED SPECIFICALLY (the infinite shiek tilt lock on ganon/whoever is banned by banning infinite's anyway) MK IS NOW BANNED

THuGz

Smash Lord
RULES UPDATED, FIXED SOME WORDING SO CERTAIN CHARACTERS AREN'T BEING TARGETED SPECIFICALLY (the infinite shiek tilt lock on ganon/whoever is banned by banning infinite's anyway) MK IS NOW BANNED
.....do you really think that any tilt can "infinite" anyone? (other than dumb things like tilt locks against walls)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yes, yes I do. You guys get penalized for n00bs not knowing about sdi.

Sheik can infinite ganon with f-tilt, and I did say that all (wall) infinites are banned and that includes wall tilt infinites as well.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You are trying to put game knowledge of SDI inside of this. Without proper SDI, stuff that isn't an infinite is an infinite.

Why are you guys making me put effort into trolling you guys still? The rules have changed to cover all bases here.

Also, I do love the edgeguarding ava. Scar needs to work on his spiking.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If it is a tournament for charity and fun, you should just discourage any good players (ones that know what they are doing) from doing "gay" tactics and have a simplified ruleset. I can't imagine any good player doing tilt locks and stuff to a noob unless they were a massive *******.
You don't need all of these rules, it will only serve to confuse noobs and limit the good players when they play against each other.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Uh......................................................................................................

Hey, Tyser, you said you weren't entering, right?

Hey, Thugz, you are gonna be in Michigan, right?

Hey, David, you play Snake, right?

Hey, Sm3esh, you play Peach, right?

Hey, Aura, you play Toon Link, right?

TBH, the only quality player this will hurt is GameGenie. Nebraska doesn't have a brawl scene, I don't know why people think that these rules are actually going to have an impact on the results. The rules are the way they are so bad players don't just sit there and only learn to push the Z-button against Ness.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Did I mention that glide tossing is legal?

Dude...the point is that there are no good players who are going to be there, myself included, so the fact you had 1, let alone multiple good players at a tournament significantly changes things. I mentioned earlier that if we got actual non-Iowa OOS interest for this tournament we would change the rules to something more competitive annnnnnnnnnndddddddddd no one said anything so we will be having the n00b rules, enough said.

Also, we are having a competitive brawl tournament 2 weeks later with awesome rules (2 stocks, 2 bans, CP/Banned stages) so you can go there and complain about stuff if you would like. I would be more kind to "Rob sucks" in there as opposed to a thread that's about a charity event.

Perhaps I should get a mod in here if anyone else has something to say about it. (lux)

DeLux

I don't have mod powers in this forum ;)

DeLux

Because they are not the mods you're looking for

DeLux

Watch what?

I googled "old man and the laser sword" and this is the pic I found

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Rules are still ghey you still have to update the rules of this scrub tourney.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Rules are fine, just jab me once and then CG/spike. Simple as that/if you actually 0-death me I won't report you, I'll high-five you for probably beating me.

Cook

Smash Master
Hey, is this gonna be cool? I was thinking about coming. Who all is going? And who all would want a cool partner? :awesome:

Top Bottom