• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Smart arse. :troll:

Palutena still uses hers more like a magic wand and barely ever uses it to whack people with.

A staff however, is a physical weapon.

That's like calling a shuriken a kunai.
She doesn't use it in her specials, but her aerial and non-special ground game tends to have her being a batton-twirler and she attacks with it quite a bit. People ignore this bc they think all she attacks with is specials :p

mark welford

Smash Ace
don't we have enough blue? from blue haired swordsmen to blue anthropomorphic birds and hedgehogs to blue robots! geez change the name from ssb to sbb super smash bros to super blue bros.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
She doesn't use it in her specials, but her aerial and non-special ground game tends to have her being a batton-twirler and she attacks with it quite a bit. People ignore this bc they think all she attacks with is specials :p
The only normal I've seen her actually spin it around with is her Nair.

Unless I missed something Zipzo said, almost all of her normal attacks are magic based as well.

I find it insulting that you would insinuate that I only press the B button.

Niala

Smash Ace

Unless I missed something Zipzo said, almost all of her normal attacks are magic based as well.

I'm almost 100% certain her Ftilt is like her Nair as well.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

I apologize if I insulted you, it wasn't directed towards specifically you as it may have seemed, it was directed towards the people who ignore her entire moveset and only ever speak of her 12 specials. There was some gameplay (very low quality and from an awkward angle) from yesterday/the day before (I've lost track of time) and it showed her using her staff in a couple different moves.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I apologize if I insulted you, it wasn't directed towards specifically you as it may have seemed, it was directed towards the people who ignore her entire moveset and only ever speak of her 12 specials. There was some gameplay (very low quality and from an awkward angle) from yesterday/the day before (I've lost track of time) and it showed her using her staff in a couple different moves.
There are quite a few moves, so just a few is still not many. I'm not offended or anything though, no worries mate.
Palutena is one of the four characters I'm looking forward too, actually. So I've been trying to keep up with the details.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If we're going to have a character who whacks people with a glorified stick, there is only one choice.
I thought your signature was part of your post there

Too bad Cranky is stuck in that damn cabin for the third time.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So...is it too much to ask for a Protoman costume for Mega Man?
Nope. I even had a theory awhile ago that the reason Protoman wasn't an Assist Trophy is because he's an alt for Mega Man.

We can dream.

I thought your signature was part of your post there

Too bad Cranky is stuck in that damn cabin for the third time.
That's what happens when you reuse Jungle Japes for the second time.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Protoman wasn't in the playable demo which had all alts colors since it's the final build. Safe to assume it's not in.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Final 5?
1.)Rayman
2.)Rayman
3.)Rayman
4.)Rayman
5.)Rayman
Seriously, if Sonic, Mario, and Rayman, my top 3 favorite game franchises and characters, were in the same game. I think Smash 4 would legitimately be my favorite video game of all-time.

As for most cherished Smash memory, probably Sonic's reveal, he was the only character I wanted in the game(besides Rayman, but I thought he was unlikely). The moment I saw Sonic the Brawl Dojo, I literally cheered

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
If we're going to have a character who whacks people with a glorified stick, there is only one choice.

Actually never gave any thought to this, but I would love this. Pretty cool considering he is the original Donkey Kong.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was hoping for something like this, too, but the precedent is that we won't be unlocking costumes for characters. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that will be the case.
The precedent is also that we only get up to six colors for one character, and that you can't have different characters from costumes.
That has changed.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Sakurai: We heard the requests for more villains so we added 8 new ones.
We also added a Black Pit and removed Wolf, enjoy! :troll:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So has it been confirmed that Pac-Man doesn't have a Ms. Pac-Man alt? If so, that's unacceptable.

Last edited:

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
That's a possibility, but I'm not holding my breath since Alph and Hoodie Mac were available.
It just seems really odd to me that not everyone still doesn't have an alt.

Heck Little Mac has 16 costumes, two different alts. I'm going to hope that we have something else besides, Characters and Trophies we can spend hours trying to unlock.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Unlockable costumes seems like a really good idea.

I can actually see it being a possibility. Having to complete certain tasks to unlock a new look for a character would be awesome.

Niala

Smash Ace
The precedent is also that we only get up to six colors for one character, and that you can't have different characters from costumes.
That has changed.
I wouldn't say that has anything to do with the likelihood he'll change that we can unlock costumes, though. Changing one aspect of costumes doesn't mean he has to change them all. He may, he may not, but pointing out that costumes have changed on one level does not imply they will change on another level. It's the same for characters-- changing Bowser's moveset and playstyle does not mean he will change Ganondorf's.

I don't really think they're connected. Although I'd love to be wrong, I strictly don't think it's going to happen.

Unlockable costumes seems like a really good idea.

I can actually see it being a possibility. Having to complete certain tasks to unlock a new look for a character would be awesome.
I realize this counters my previous point, but unlocking costumes for characters would fit right into the Challenges menu. Completing an Event Match where you fight Ganondorf as Link on Gerudo Valley while Skull Kid is in the background the whole time and being rewarded with Fierce Diety Link would be really cool.

I just have my doubts. It seems like something they wouldn't have made a priority to implement.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd love unlockable costumes, though I don't see it happening. And I especially don't see it happening for characters who were already playable with their own movesets.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think DLC costumes ala Capcom games is not out of the question.
For example, Daisy for Peach, Proto Man for Mega Man, Mrs. Pac-Man for Pac-Man.
And, as I suggested before, Morgan for Robin. Plz.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm curious on something though

Will they change Alph's final smash into the S.S Drake? He never technically rode the S.S Dolphin after all, and it'd be another Pikmin 3 call out and a neat detail that would help differentiate him from Olimar and make him feel like his own character in Smash.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious on something though

Will they change Alph's final smash into the S.S Drake? He never technically rode the S.S Dolphin after all, and it'd be another Pikmin 3 call out and a neat detail that would help differentiate him from Olimar and make him feel like his own character in Smash.
The S.S. Drake is in the background of the Garden of Hope. Course they could always do the Alfonzo treatment with that, in that case...

*insert picture of Alfonzo's face taped over the Drake with text Stating in bold: LEAVE IT TO ME!!!*

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The S.S. Drake is in the background of the Garden of Hope. Course they could always do the Alfonzo treatment with that, in that case...
I completely forgot about that.

...That's a bummer.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair

*insert picture of Alfonzo's face taped over the Drake with text Stating in bold: LEAVE IT TO ME!!!*
Wasn't the Blue Falcon one of the stage hazards on Port Town? It's not out of the question.
Riki is an assist and Final Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom