• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I did this "meme" back when I was waiting Brawl.
The funny part is that 2 out of 3 of my cuts are probably truly cut. Today, I would change Wolf with Falco, as at least Wolf is slighty different from Fox. And I'd remove Diddy from the list, no need to be cut, at least he is original.
Though, I'm happy if at the end it's true that Lucas is cut, really he was just an unnecessary clone.

As for the most wanted, back then Geno was my most wanted, and I only wanted Adeleine after him. Blaze was a favorite of mine but I was aware that she was unlikely. Fierce Deity Link was just a suggestion for a final smash, not a character. But seeing the disaster of Dark Pit, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in as separate character. I'd like it if he's one of those 5 missing spots in the roster, to be honest; too many swordmen, I know, but this one is from Majora's Mask, that's one of my favorite games of all time, and I know that I'm not alone.
Today, I'd only keep Adeleine, and I'd replace the others with Karate Joe, Ganon the Pig and Jill & Drill Dozer. Not Syrup because, as much as I want her, she has not a well defined moveset yet and there is always the possibility that she gets a bad/generic one.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Fierce Deity Link was just a suggestion for a final smash, not a character. But seeing the disaster of Dark Pit, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in as separate character. I'd like it if he's one of those 5 missing spots in the roster, to be honest; too many swordmen, I know, but this one is from Majora's Mask, that's one of my favorite games of all time, and I know that I'm not alone.
Fierce Deity has been confirmed as an alt for Link.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
What if he in fact leaked this roster, and Dark Pit and Dr Mario are actually Paper Mario and Medusa?
I'd sit here and cry from happiness.
Villager makes an awful lot of sense for how big Animal Crossing has become, but to me, it's still comparatively new and smaller than Mario, Zelda, DK, Kirby, Pokemon, Star Fox, blah blah blah... Hence why I feel similarly about Olimar and Shulk. Perhaps, however, Animal Crossing IS that big, but perhaps I still have a stigma about customizable-appearing avatars as Nintendo All-Stars. I was more of a Tom Nook fan, so there may definitely be personal bias there. Even so, I don't think an Animal Crossing character in SSB is an absolute necessity.
I have to seriously disagree and say that I thought Animal Crossing was in desperate need of a character in Brawl. I conisder Villager the "most needed" newcomer this time around.

Niala

Smash Ace
Rumored more than confirmed. Until I get the information from an official or credible source, or until I get enough proofs, I won't take any rumor/leak as real.
It's actually straight up true. One of the members of Smashboards took a photo of it and had a huge AMA thread after this past weekend where he got to play the Smash3DS demo in Japan.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It's actually straight up true. One of the members of Smashboards took a photo of it and had a huge AMA thread after this past weekend where he got to play the Smash3DS demo in Japan.

Oh well, then...
too bad that's only a recolor and not a model swap; it's still TP Link with some tatoos on the face -.- but I'm still happy with it.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
So guys, I'm wondering when the full roster will get leaked. I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday, so I'll be gone after tomorrow. And I'll be back on Friday when I have Smash.
Apparently some guy has a friend in retail and will be getting/has gotten the game today. Perhaps we'll see the whole roster sooner?
Edit: My friend told me this, but he may be a bit too trusting of certain people.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Remember when the roster was this simple, and we felt the rush of excitement as we unlocked characters?

Times were simpler then. We didn't expect as much, we didn't demand as much.

This is a series with 4 installments in 11 years? It's spaced out. It's done when it is deemed needed, and has the proper time spent to try to make it as great and unique it can with each game.

Just... with how heated things have been getting, I wanted to try to remind people back when this series, and the fans, were simpler.

Sure, there are characters who were questionably in the roster (:jigglypuff64::falcon64:).
Sure, there are characters who needed entire movesets made up for this game (:fox64::falcon64:).
Sure, there was a 1/12th concentration of clones (:luigi64:).
Sure, there were characters that didn't get in due to time (:bowsermelee::mewtwomelee::dedede:).

We didn't care. We played the game like mad. We loved it. Sometimes we go back to play it just to get in touch with those times again.

Either later today or tomorrow, I'm going to make my last post until the after the game is released and the roster is known once and for all. I hope you all will smile and nod with what it represents. For now, try to take a bit of time of your day to remember that the disrespecting we used to do was limited to a taunt by using the D-pad and not by slicing done one another for our wants and dislikes in characters.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Remember when the roster was this simple, and we felt the rush of excitement as we unlocked characters?

This is a series with 4 installments in 11 years? It's spaced out. It's done when it is deemed needed, and has the proper time spent to try to make it as great and unique it can with each game.

Just... with how heated things have been getting, I wanted to try to remind people back when this series, and the fans, were simpler.

Sure, there are characters who were questionably in the roster (:jigglypuff64::falcon64:).
Sure, there are characters who needed entire movesets made up for this game (:fox64::falcon64:).
Sure, there were characters that didn't get in due to time (:bowsermelee::mewtwomelee::dedede:).

We didn't care. We played the game like mad. We loved it. Sometimes we go back to play it just to get in touch with those times again.

Either later today or tomorrow, I'm going to make my last post until the after the game is released and the roster is known once and for all. I hope you all will smile and nod with what it represents. For now, try to take a bit of time of your day to remember that the disrespecting we used to do was limited to a taunt by using the D-pad and not by slicing done one another for our wants and dislikes in characters.
I remember waiting in my dads breakroom at his work and out of nowhere seeing the commercial for this and I couldnt believe it. It was a dream come true. I still have the old strategy guide for it somewhere at my grandmothers.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

I remember I needed my neighbor who was in like in 3rd or 4th grade to tell me how to unlock Ness. I think I was in 1st or 2nd grade when I got the original one, so I don't remember much. What I do remember from the N64 was how excited my sister was since she got pass the boss on Corneria in Star Fox 64 before I was able to. Boy we were really bad at games when we were younger.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I remember classmates lending me their cartridge so I could unlock the sound test for them cause I was the only one who could do Board the Platforms with Jigglypuff.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think that Bowser Jr should have had the same jump as Peach, floating mid-air for a while. It still feels awkward to me that the KCC doesn't fly, not even during the B+up move.
(sorry the ot.)

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I remember I needed my neighbor who was in like in 3rd or 4th grade to tell me how to unlock Ness. I think I was in 1st or 2nd grade when I got the original one, so I don't remember much. What I do remember from the N64 was how excited my sister was since she got pass the boss on Corneria in Star Fox 64 before I was able to. Boy we were really bad at games when we were younger.
I remember how hard it felt to unlock ness, I thought he was so hard to beat back then, I lost so many times to him before I unlocked him lol.

?????????????

Smash Master
I remember in Melee feeling so accomplished after finally beating that final event match, the one with Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Giga Bowser.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I remember how hard it felt to unlock ness, I thought he was so hard to beat back then, I lost so many times to him before I unlocked him lol.
I replayed it some months ago, and I unlocked everything instantly. The only one that I had some problems unlocking, was Cpt Falcon, because I didn't remember how to unlock him. I had to read on internet how to, and I discovered that it was pretty easy and fun XD (gotta go fast).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I remember in Melee feeling so accomplished after finally beating that final event match, the one with Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Giga Bowser.
Yeah it took me forever to do it. My main in melee was Roy but he couldn't get the job done. I randomly tried Jiggly and she won it for me. I really hope Mewtwo is in this game, so I can feel that same rush I had in melee when I had no clue he was playable until he "approached"

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-3ds-stream-to-be-held-on-niconico-this-friday/

It looks like there's a stream going to be held for the 3DS version of Smash Bros. on Friday, 7 PM in Japan, 6 AM EST/3 AM PT
looks like I'll get up early and check it out, might be interesting to watch :surprised:

The simpler times of an amazing childhood :awesome: but I still play the original version of Smash on my Wii sometimes :chuckle:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yeah it took me forever to do it. My main in melee was Roy but he couldn't get the job done. I randomly tried Jiggly and she won it for me. I really hope Mewtwo is in this game, so I can feel that same rush I had in melee when I had no clue he was playable until he "approached"
I think Mewtwo will make it in, he just wasn't unlocked by the leaker, and that makes me feel like he's still a pain in the *** to unlock. It's like the Liquid Snake sticker all over again.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think Mewtwo will make it in, he just wasn't unlocked by the leaker, and that makes me feel like he's still a pain in the *** to unlock. It's like the Liquid Snake sticker all over again.
Yeah, I have a feeling he's the last one to unlock. Mainly because he's the most requested World Wide right now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Falcon fire is right

"SmashBrosJP: ( Friday) from 19:00 12 days [Notice ] September , released just before a live program of Smash Bros. 3DS at Nico live broadcast will be broadcast .
If you are interested , please have a look . # Smash Bros. 3DS_WiiU http://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi"

Thats the offical site version.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
5/31/2014

View attachment 15206

52 character roster

I know that 52 is really pushing it, but I just legitimately could not justify myself removing any of these characters. I feel like everyone I have here has a fair shot at making the game. I really wanted to add Isaac into the roster too because he's my most wanted newcomer, but the nine characters I added, I feel, have higher chances than him.

I also don't want to base my roster on the Gematsu leak regardless of how authentic it may be. We'll find out soon enough (10 days until E3!)

Newcomers:
Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Ridley
Takamaru
Palutena
Shulk
Robin
Pac-Man
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Megaman
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja

Veterans:
Mewtwo +
All characters from Brawl except Squirtle and Ivysaur

9/8/2014

Just wanted to update my roster before the game releases. Based mostly on the ESRB and Ninka/Vaanrose/4chan leak.View attachment 24409

DLC Characters: Wolf, Lucas, Chorus Kids
Perfect!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Dude Friday here at 12 Noon I have class but since it's "Anime, Manga, and J-Pop" i think she will allow me to start my Eshop download for Smash haha.

I think we might get Wario before the end of this week.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Falcon fire is right

"SmashBrosJP: ( Friday) from 19:00 12 days [Notice ] September , released just before a live program of Smash Bros. 3DS at Nico live broadcast will be broadcast .
If you are interested , please have a look . # Smash Bros. 3DS_WiiU http://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi"

Thats the offical site version.
What exactly is this? It isn't a direct, but it's a broadcast by whom?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Since we're talking about the 64 days, I had trouble unlocking Luigi due to having a difficult time beating Yoshi's and Link's target test. Good times

Niala

Smash Ace
I remember thinking there were only 11 characters in Smash64. I couldn't find Ness, since his unlocking requirement is somewhat specific. I also remember thinking the character selection screen looked really asymmetrical, but rationalizing that it must have been a design oversight because I couldn't figure it out. That is, until I went to a friends house a little over a year after having it and seeing him there. Of course, I had no idea who the character was, but regardless of that, immediately went "WHOA HOW DID YOU GET THAT GUY?"

I was not a smart kid.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Screw it, I'm posting this now.

So... we face the last days.. maybe even hours until the roster for Super Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU is known. 4 Last Posts of the Day... but the roster may be fully leaked before then so I'm going to have to post this now. Post number 300. It's amazing how quickly these came by... I never felt a reason to get an account until after E3 this past year. Nonetheless, it's been a really wild ride. Officially, we've had 40 characters known, in supposedly 38 slots. 26 Veterans of the 39 from Brawl. 14/12 Newcomers. Trailers, Demos, hundreds of PotD's, and even an entire direct dedicated for this era of Smash. It's pretty amazing when you look at things.

Nearing 15 months, a year and a quarter.

I've made some allies and foes alike on these boards. I've learned a lot too about characters I wouldn't have really thought about. I've found more about characters I liked but didn't put faith in. I've suffered hundreds of posts of Morbid defending Dark Pit. :awesome:

But seriously, I want to do one final send off for this game in regards to the most crucial part of it for the fans: The roster. I'm going to post up all the main rosters I've drafted up for this game, with time frames of when I drew them up, and explanations. Granted my memory isn't the best and I've had to recreate a number of these with the Roster Maker that I didn't pick up until over a year in. I hope you'll enjoy and reflect at what you believed in at these stages.

This was my first roster, shortly after E3, 2013. I actually heard the news and watched the first two trailers in an Animation class my junior year of high school. As you can see, it's basically a Brawl + Roster. The size was 4x11, a little meager but with a lot of "big" newcomers to me. The layout was similar to Brawl but with slight wrap around for the "exceeding" series under an adjacent 3 character one. I wanna go over my newcomers here.

Ashley: I really wanted a non-Zelda-or-Mother Mage character in Smash since 64. She seemed perfect for it. Plus I just like the character in general. I basically got this in :4robinm::4robinf: and :4palutena:. I don't quite have what I wanted, but I'm content.

Palutena: After playing uprising, she seemed top-tier Smash candidate.

Kalos Trainer: Since we had good information about X & Y before this game was revealed, I was preparing to see this. I was expecting Fennekin -> 2nd Form of Froakie -> 3rd Form of Chespin back then. Boy was I off.

Chrom: Come on, he fit the template. I expected him to revolve a bit more around the shield form of the Fire Emblem and his usage of Bows and Lances in his Great Lord/Archer classes.

Mii: My initial thought was it being Reggie's Mii, whose moveset revolved mostly around jokes about Nintendo consoles (Side B was chucking a Wii mote & Nunchuk, Up B was an N64-controller propeller pack and Reggie's hand would "burn out" after getting a specific amount of height). After their use in a lot of games since then (namely Streetpass Plaza and Nintendoland), I felt they'd be a character this time around.

Geno: ....My big want character. I got Megaman, who was another 3rd Party I never thought I'd see happen. I just wanted him back. "Geno... Gives it a Whirl!"

Snake: I dropped him day 1. I didn't expect or want him to come back.

This was the roster change shortly after discovering Gematsu leak 1, making my second prediction roster. The leak had correctly stated 3 newcomers at E3 2013, and I agreed on Miis. It seemed really likely (who guesses :4wiifit:?) and while Little Mac seemed odd to me, Pac-Man seemed like a cool idea for a newcomer 3rd party. The addition of these two was when I cut off :lucas::wolf: because... I didn't think of any newcomers I really wanted or liked that filled up the other 2 slots for 4x12 and I didn't really mind them being cut back then. An adjustment, not a big change.

Roster 3, December 18th, 2013. Rosalina & Luma revealed as a new puppet-style character. I was HYPED and swapped Ashley out for her, it seemed like a proper replacement. At this time, I "reorganized" my layout a bit better. I honestly could've put Ashley, Lucas, and Wolf in here with some fourth newcomer for 4x12, but I didn't at the time.

Obviously, Little Mac's trailer didn't alter things.

The day that Smash hype was really boomed. The April 8th Direct of Smash back only 5 months ago. This combined with Gematsu's second leak list (which made me really expand out my roster into 4x12 as I stuck for a while had to be the full size) because I had faith from the first leak moved it into this form... and it really only added two characters I didn't have.

Z.S.S. and Sheik moved to their own slots. Kanto and Kalos trainers were replaced or "trimmed down to" by Charizard and Greninja (who I did believe for a moment was Mewtwo coming back). Chorus Men went alongside Wario because as someone who played and loved Rhythm Heaven, it seemed the best place for them alongside their sister series, much like Kid Icarus and Metroid. Geno was placed in the "Mario & Associates" line next to the other 3rd Parties due to his origins. I got the 4 "basic human" characters lined up after Star Fox. Roster 4.

Post E3 2014. Roster 5. Just some touch ups.

The Reggie Mii idea was turned into Mii Fighters who are mirrored to random to be a second slot when customization was turned off. Everyone else just shifted down in the same line.

With Pac-Man being revealed in the fashion he was with the focus on him alongside Mario, Megaman, and Sonic, it made me lose hope for Geno. In his place went my next most beloved newcomer idea, Bandana Dee. With his predominant use in RtD, the 20th Anniversary collection, and Triple Deluxe... he seemed as important in his games as Rosalina was in Mario. Combine this with the moveset potential and semi-unique weapon (due to my Chrom idea at the time)... and Sakurai bias to a degree made me really a supporter.

Roster 6. July 14th, "Monado Monday" turned into By the Book, Blade, and Crest of Flame. Robin replacing Chrom. The one newcomer and two newly-returning clones (:lucas::wolf:).

At this point, I swapped Chorus Kids for the preferred choice of Marshal due to it being clear Gematsu characters may have been altered before making it into official gameplay.

Finally, to be the last character for the newly 4x13 size would be the character to fill the void left by :ivysaur:'s cut, represents Gen 3 which got skipped in Brawl and is being remade in between the two titles releasing of Smash, Sceptile. Why not let Pokemon have 6 in this game if it basically had 6 in Brawl?

Finally.. here's where the road splits.

Roster 7A. Me playing ignorant to the leak roster, but complying to the leak video of Bowser Jr. Size of 5x11 for Wii U layout (6x9 on 3DS with Mii Fighters replacing Random or being a separate menu).

Dark Pit would be an anti-clone of Pit. While looking similar, his arsenal would revolve around Staff, Cannon, Palm, and Club weapons and sharing very few actual similarities to Pit in moveset. Final Smash? Why not summoning up an Orne or a few of Viridi's forces like Pit's old Final Smash.

King K. Rool is in here simply to comply to DK fans and I prefer him to Dixie... and Cranky got deconfirmed sadly. :c

I would comply swapping Dark Pit for Duck Hunt IF I had a better idea for the latter's moveset and enjoyed it... hopefully as a spiritual Banjo & Kazooie.

Roster 7B. The "Okay, the ESRB roster leak image was real but we have 5 slots left" deal. I keep Bandana Dee and Marshal as newcomers. I also bothered to actually update my icons for this one. Want a 3DS layout?
Boom. There you go.

Finally... the "If I could go wild with newcomers" roster. More for a laugh than anything.

Yeah. I know. Happening never.

I've said my stance for King K. Rool, Marshal, Bandana Dee, Sceptile, and Geno. Now I'll go over the other parts of this.

Tetra: My preferred Zelda newcomer. A pirate-themed moveset that isn't a clone or semi-clone of a character already in the game, who has been in multiple official games as the same design, and helps represent the Toon part of the franchise to a proper third of the whole series.

Mewtwo: Screw it, he's here. Happy? Logically he'd go into Y form as it is the mirror to Charizard X and as predominant as megas get.

Anna: The most occurring Fire Emblem character, being in 12 of the 13 games. First made a fighting unit by Awakening and having a partially capitalism and cash-based moveset seems unique enough!

Nephenee: Since I'm not getting Hector as an Axe user and representing the GBA games, Nephenne is my next most liked Fire Emblem character with a great lance and shield. Why not toss her in there.

Kumatora: The Mother 3 rep that is more likeable and has the potential of being more aggressive Mother character who ACTUALLY learns Fire, Thunder, Freeze, and Starstorm in the main game.

Donbe & Hikari: I know nothing about them from their game. They just look like a really cool partnership to make as a random NES representative for Retro glory.

I was a fairly conservative person on my roster changes. Only making the change when a character I had was deconfirmed or a character I didn't have was confirmed (outside of the first Gematsu... but I would've had a similar change when Little Mac was officially confirmed later on). Look at how far we've gone though since E3 2013. It's been one HELL of a ride. We've been here for every bump. I'm signing off of this site from now until the roster has been shown confirmed after official release of the game at the end of the week.

Fellow Smashers, we will fight across many Battlefields. Face many foes. Make many allies. Overcome many hardships. We will reach our Final Destinations and confront the very hands of god.

This is Burruni aka Pikaby, signing out.

PS: I have the worst luck, btw. None of my three mains have been officially confirmed only about 5 days from release (:039::ganondorfmelee::warioc:).

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
Screw it, I'm posting this now.

So... we face the last days.. maybe even hours until the roster for Super Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU is known. 4 Last Posts of the Day... but the roster may be fully leaked before then so I'm going to have to post this now. Post number 300. It's amazing how quickly these came by... I never felt a reason to get an account until after E3 this past year. Nonetheless, it's been a really wild ride. Officially, we've had 40 characters known, in supposedly 38 slots. 26 Veterans of the 39 from Brawl. 14/12 Newcomers. Trailers, Demos, hundreds of PotD's, and even an entire direct dedicated for this era of Smash. It's pretty amazing when you look at things.

Nearing 15 months, a year and a quarter.

I've made some allies and foes alike on these boards. I've learned a lot too about characters I wouldn't have really thought about. I've found more about characters I liked but didn't put faith in. I've suffered hundreds of posts of Morbid defending Dark Pit. :awesome:

But seriously, I want to do one final send off for this game in regards to the most crucial part of it for the fans: The roster. I'm going to post up all the main rosters I've drafted up for this game, with time frames of when I drew them up, and explanations. Granted my memory isn't the best and I've had to recreate a number of these with the Roster Maker that I didn't pick up until over a year in. I hope you'll enjoy and reflect at what you believed in at these stages.

This was my first roster, shortly after E3, 2013. I actually heard the news and watched the first two trailers in an Animation class my junior year of high school. As you can see, it's basically a Brawl + Roster. The size was 4x11, a little meager but with a lot of "big" newcomers to me. The layout was similar to Brawl but with slight wrap around for the "exceeding" series under an adjacent 3 character one. I wanna go over my newcomers here.

Ashley: I really wanted a non-Zelda-or-Mother Mage character in Smash since 64. She seemed perfect for it. Plus I just like the character in general. I basically got this in :4robinm::4robinf: and :4palutena:. I don't quite have what I wanted, but I'm content.

Palutena: After playing uprising, she seemed top-tier Smash candidate.

Kalos Trainer: Since we had good information about X & Y before this game was revealed, I was preparing to see this. I was expecting Fennekin -> 2nd Form of Froakie -> 3rd Form of Chespin back then. Boy was I off.

Chrom: Come on, he fit the template. I expected him to revolve a bit more around the shield form of the Fire Emblem and his usage of Bows and Lances in his Great Lord/Archer classes.

Mii: My initial thought was it being Reggie's Mii, whose moveset revolved mostly around jokes about Nintendo consoles (Side B was chucking a Wii mote & Nunchuk, Up B was an N64-controller propeller pack and Reggie's hand would "burn out" after getting a specific amount of height). After their use in a lot of games since then (namely Streetpass Plaza and Nintendoland), I felt they'd be a character this time around.

Geno: ....My big want character. I got Megaman, who was another 3rd Party I never thought I'd see happen. I just wanted him back. "Geno... Gives it a Whirl!"

Snake: I dropped him day 1. I didn't expect or want him to come back.

This was the roster change shortly after discovering Gematsu leak 1, making my second prediction roster. The leak had correctly stated 3 newcomers at E3 2013, and I agreed on Miis. It seemed really likely (who guesses :4wiifit:?) and while Little Mac seemed odd to me, Pac-Man seemed like a cool idea for a newcomer 3rd party. The addition of these two was when I cut off :lucas::wolf: because... I didn't think of any newcomers I really wanted or liked that filled up the other 2 slots for 4x12 and I didn't really mind them being cut back then. An adjustment, not a big change.

Roster 3, December 18th, 2013. Rosalina & Luma revealed as a new puppet-style character. I was HYPED and swapped Ashley out for her, it seemed like a proper replacement. At this time, I "reorganized" my layout a bit better. I honestly could've put Ashley, Lucas, and Wolf in here with some fourth newcomer for 4x12, but I didn't at the time.

Obviously, Little Mac's trailer didn't alter things.

The day that Smash hype was really boomed. The April 8th Direct of Smash back only 5 months ago. This combined with Gematsu's second leak list (which made me really expand out my roster into 4x12 as I stuck for a while had to be the full size) because I had faith from the first leak moved it into this form... and it really only added two characters I didn't have.

Z.S.S. and Sheik moved to their own slots. Kanto and Kalos trainers were replaced or "trimmed down to" by Charizard and Greninja (who I did believe for a moment was Mewtwo coming back). Chorus Men went alongside Wario because as someone who played and loved Rhythm Heaven, it seemed the best place for them alongside their sister series, much like Kid Icarus and Metroid. Geno was placed in the "Mario & Associates" line next to the other 3rd Parties due to his origins. I got the 4 "basic human" characters lined up after Star Fox. Roster 4.

Post E3 2014. Roster 5. Just some touch ups.

The Reggie Mii idea was turned into Mii Fighters who are mirrored to random to be a second slot when customization was turned off. Everyone else just shifted down in the same line.

With Pac-Man being revealed in the fashion he was with the focus on him alongside Mario, Megaman, and Sonic, it made me lose hope for Geno. In his place went my next most beloved newcomer idea, Bandana Dee. With his predominant use in RtD, the 20th Anniversary collection, and Triple Deluxe... he seemed as important in his games as Rosalina was in Mario. Combine this with the moveset potential and semi-unique weapon (due to my Chrom idea at the time)... and Sakurai bias to a degree made me really a supporter.

Roster 6. July 14th, "Monado Monday" turned into By the Book, Blade, and Crest of Flame. Robin replacing Chrom. The one newcomer and two newly-returning clones (:lucas::wolf:).

At this point, I swapped Chorus Kids for the preferred choice of Marshal due to it being clear Gematsu characters may have been altered before making it into official gameplay.

Finally, to be the last character for the newly 4x13 size would be the character to fill the void left by :ivysaur:'s cut, represents Gen 3 which got skipped in Brawl and is being remade in between the two titles releasing of Smash, Sceptile. Why not let Pokemon have 6 in this game if it basically had 6 in Brawl?

Finally.. here's where the road splits.

Roster 7A. Me playing ignorant to the leak roster, but complying to the leak video of Bowser Jr. Size of 5x11 for Wii U layout (6x9 on 3DS with Mii Fighters replacing Random or being a separate menu).

Dark Pit would be an anti-clone of Pit. While looking similar, his arsenal would revolve around Staff, Cannon, Palm, and Club weapons and sharing very few actual similarities to Pit in moveset. Final Smash? Why not summoning up an Orne or a few of Viridi's forces like Pit's old Final Smash.

King K. Rool is in here simply to comply to DK fans and I prefer him to Dixie... and Cranky got deconfirmed sadly. :c

I would comply swapping Dark Pit for Duck Hunt IF I had a better idea for the latter's moveset and enjoyed it... hopefully as a spiritual Banjo & Kazooie.

Roster 7B. The "Okay, the ESRB roster leak image was real but we have 5 slots left" deal. I keep Bandana Dee and Marshal as newcomers. I also bothered to actually update my icons for this one. Want a 3DS layout?
Boom. There you go.

Finally... the "If I could go wild with newcomers" roster. More for a laugh than anything.

Yeah. I know. Happening never.

I've said my stance for King K. Rool, Marshal, Bandana Dee, Sceptile, and Geno. Now I'll go over the other parts of this.

Tetra: My preferred Zelda newcomer. A pirate-themed moveset that isn't a clone or semi-clone of a character already in the game, who has been in multiple official games as the same design, and helps represent the Toon part of the franchise to a proper third of the whole series.

Mewtwo: Screw it, he's here. Happy? Logically he'd go into Y form as it is the mirror to Charizard X and as predominant as megas get.

Anna: The most occurring Fire Emblem character, being in 12 of the 13 games. First made a fighting unit by Awakening and having a partially capitalism and cash-based moveset seems unique enough!

Nephenee: Since I'm not getting Hector as an Axe user and representing the GBA games, Nephenne is my next most liked Fire Emblem character with a great lance and shield. Why not toss her in there.

Kumatora: The Mother 3 rep that is more likeable and has the potential of being more aggressive Mother character who ACTUALLY learns Fire, Thunder, Freeze, and Starstorm in the main game.

Donbe & Hikari: I know nothing about them from their game. They just look like a really cool partnership to make as a random NES representative for Retro glory.

I was a fairly conservative person on my roster changes. Only making the change when a character I had was deconfirmed or a character I didn't have was confirmed (outside of the first Gematsu... but I would've had a similar change when Little Mac was officially confirmed later on). Look at how far we've gone though since E3 2013. It's been one HELL of a ride. We've been here for every bump. I'm signing off of this site from now until the roster has been shown confirmed after official release of the game at the end of the week.

Fellow Smashers, we will fight across many Battlefields. Face many foes. Make many allies. Overcome many hardships. We will reach our Final Destinations and confront the very hands of god.

This is Burruni aka Pikaby, signing out.

PS: I have the worst luck, btw. None of my three mains have been officially confirmed only about 5 days from release (:039::ganondorfmelee::warioc:).
It's been a pleasure. :)

I don't know but its a extremely high chance of a character reveal on friday because of this.

1 day before the japan release for short.
@Raijinken mentioned the Japanese included a phrase saying something like "New Fighter." Rai, can you take it from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom