• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Dude, I'm 95% sure Board the Platforms will be some how in this game. At least the Wii U version. But it will be "Across the Platforms"
Across the Platforms! would be just as satisfying. Teaches people how to 2D platform, practice their character's movement of horizontal & vertical mobility, just control of their character in general. It's kind of a hidden yet fun flavor to the Bonus modes.

Giant Donkey Kong battle is confirmed but seeing him behind a silhouette would bring more surprise in to make you think it could be regular DK or Giant DK, small little detail for a tiny surprise. Out of all the series, Super Smash Brothers' series got the most cuts, changes, & additions.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Across the Platforms! would be just as satisfying. Teaches people how to 2D platform, practice their character's movement of horizontal & vertical mobility, just control of their character in general. It's kind of a hidden yet fun flavor to the Bonus modes.

Giant Donkey Kong battle is confirmed but seeing him behind a silhouette would bring more surprise in to make you think it could be regular DK or Giant DK, small little detail for a tiny surprise. Out of all the series, Super Smash Brothers' series got the most cuts, changes, & additions.
Yeah, I think it's just a rename of the old N64 Event. I'm pretty sure I heard a NOA guy say it at E3, and I flipped out.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Yeah, I think it's just a rename of the old N64 Event. I'm pretty sure I heard a NOA guy say it at E3, and I flipped out.
I will take your word for it. I'd want nothing more than a remake / rename of one of my most favorite bonus practice modes in Smash Brothers history to tickle my fancy to the max.

That said, this typed out will be a broken record song everyone's heard, but adding in more reasonable clones like Black Shadow for Sakurai's sake would of pleased a lot of Falcon / Ganon fans. I've never liked characters sharing exact moves let alone exact moves sharing exact mechanics & exact launch power etc.. So it will always baffle me & proceed to force me cogitating so much more, as to WHY characters from different franchise universes, have clone move-sets with each other. I've wondered this since Smash 64 with Jigglypuff & Kirby, despite their similarities.

Zynux

Smash Lord
So Shulk is looking to be far better than he did in the leaked videos. While I'm 100% convinced he will be "le uniquness" he actually looks like he has potential now. I never minded his inclusion to begin with so I'm happy for Shulk fans.

Also LMAO he has a counter. Sakurai. Stop. Please. :facepalm:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Also LMAO he has a counter. Sakurai. Stop. Please. :facepalm:
A generic fan quota is,
Sword Fighter? I take it your :GCD::GCB: is a counterattack?
Edit: Despite his counter being cheezy easy to use, the timing factor for a better counter sounds worth it, not to mention his Arts mechanic could affect his specials / move-set in general. So Shulk's counter is more special than other's countermove.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So. On a different subject. What characters would you expect for SSB4 DLC?
My guess there would be at least a missing veteran pack or two, and maybe a couple more 3rd party fighters.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
My guess there would be at least a missing veteran pack or two, and maybe a couple more 3rd party fighters.
I'd like to see Fiora from Xenoblade as a DLC, personally.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
For upcoming games, Star Fox's series would pertain to Krystal & Wolf if he is indeed cut entirely. Lucas if he is indeed cut. My personal Xenoblade DLC inclusion for X coming soon, I want Reyn even though a female Xenoblade character is more preferred, I want Reyn time.:awesome:
Black Shadow no doubt for DLC F-Zero series. Eggspect Captain Toad, Yarn Yoshi, maybe Sceptile for the ORAS inclusion in october if he's not announced for WiiU's roster or something. So far off the top of my head that's my list. Oh & IC's too if their grab mechanic got balanced.:shades:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ice Climbers, maybe Chorus Men, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, and possibly Ivysaur and Squirtle.
I can't believe I forgot to add them to my DLC post reply.:facepalm: Definitely Squirtle & Ivysaur perhaps for a pokemon bundle, including multiple pokemon in it. So you wanna be a Master?! Of Pokemon!

D

Deleted member

How to balance Ice Climbers grab
Only Popo can grab. Problem solved.

I wouldn't mind Tails from the Sonic series, or the melee clones priced as 1 charcter

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I think they had announced race to the finish as a dmash run game.

Look around 3:20 (they have jump, which is a race, right before. Theres a tall finish line type thing.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU

Maybe someone who knows japanese can clarify.
Nice. It looks very similar to the Adventure challenge from Melee when escaping from Metroid as the planet explodes to move onto Kirby's world next. It certainly brings that aspect back, but I'm a bit hurt it's not the same Race to the Finish of running rather than jumping ridiculously high.

EDIT: Especially nice for that split-second showing of the racing line. I can't wait to hear more on that!

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
No Game & Watch?
That'd go against the leak where this came from.

As for DLC, I think the only 3rd party character we'd get would be Snake. I think they'd save any other 3rd party characters from the next game, the 3rd party characters are often the most hyped reveals so it makes sense to save them for later.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm pretty sure Wonder Red has been deconfirmed awhile ago
I know, sweetheart, that's why I'm putting him in my DLC wishlist. ;3

Same with Inkling. Her game isn't out until next year. Perfect DLC candidate right there when Splatoon hype reaches a glorious crescendo.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I know, sweetheart, that's why I'm putting him in my DLC wishlist. ;3

Same with Inkling. Her game isn't out until next year. Perfect DLC candidate right there when Splatoon hype reaches a glorious crescendo.
Sweetheart? I'm quite flattered by that actually

Inkling would be a sweet DLC, but I have gut feeling they can always be put off until Smash 5. Guess we need to see where Sakurai is going with DLC

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
leak roster Roster.png

Why are Chorus Kids and ICs on the side? Because I'm starting to suspect they are Wii U exclusives. Will explain why shortly.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sweetheart? I'm quite flattered by that actually

Inkling would be a sweet DLC, but I have gut feeling they can always be put off until Smash 5. Guess we need to see where Sakurai is going with DLC
I can wait six years for gooey, inky action.

I will never stop waiting.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm not going to do that at all silly. There's just no way I'm getting an infraction again after getting off topic in the Ridley thread. ;-;
Every thread feels like life or death at this point. :p
But yeah let's get back to character discussion.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Why does the Ridley thread always close when people are excited? I just don't get it, hopefully he was shown at the event, of maybe mewtwo , we just have to wait to find out:kirby:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know why they are guarding the ridley thread

They want it safe till ridley is revealed.

And bad news i hear the embargo is not going to end till september 13th (just a rumor.)

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
LOL People got too hyped. :smash:

I don't know why people expected a reveal.

I know why they are guarding the ridley thread

They want it safe till ridley is revealed.
...Or if he unfortunately bites the dust. The thread would explode.

I'm not even sure what I believe anymore regarding Ridley. I have no idea if he gets in or not. I heard gameXplain couldn't comment of Ridley. What's with the secrecy? If he's a stage boss just confirm him as a stage boss.

A generic fan quota is,

Edit: Despite his counter being cheezy easy to use, the timing factor for a better counter sounds worth it, not to mention his Arts mechanic could affect his specials / move-set in general. So Shulk's counter is more special than other's countermove.
Even Palutena has a counter. Like, really? What is this, Super Parry Bros?

I wonder if Shulk's counter is any different from Marth's?

EDIT: Now that I think about, isn't Palutena's more of a barrier thing? Been a while since I've seen her moves and trailer.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
View attachment 23515
Why are Chorus Kids and ICs on the side? Because I'm starting to suspect they are Wii U exclusives. Will explain why shortly.
I agree with you on that in a way, but IC shouldn't be out if the Chorus Kids are in.

And guys I'm 95% Shulk isn't the last trailer. It has to be someone like Mewtwo, Ridley, or King K.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Well, the leak has calmed down. So, I'm showing off my new roster with surprisingly little changes. I'm not sold on anything about the leak, outside of footage, and the trophies and menu screens we saw pictures of. The roster image has so many odd things about it that I don't think any of those other newcomers are in the game. Maybe I'm just n denial, but hey, I'm havin' fun with it :p

*Yes, HE's still there* ;)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Haven't talked about Shulk yet, he looks like a decent character, he wasn't one of my personal wants, but I'm glad his fans got him. Also, not gonna lie, I totally thought that was Dr.Eggman at the end of Shulk's trailer.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Why does the Ridley thread always close when people are excited? I just don't get it, hopefully he was shown at the event, of maybe mewtwo , we just have to wait to find out:kirby:
Because there is excited, then there is Ridley excited. And Ridley excited is a bit to much for this board to handle ;)

So here's a question for you all. What do you think was shown at PAX that required an embargo on the information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom