• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark welford

Smash Ace
These look like good quality and I don't remember Brawl having two screens. :p
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
I know what I'm talking about go kitty cat meow mix vault they have models that look like the Wii U version here is a link of a picture:http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=256xoyh&s=8#.U_zRBaYo6M8

These look like good quality and I don't remember Brawl having two screens. :p
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
I know what I'm talking about go kitty cat meow mix vault they have models that look like the Wii U version here is a link of a picture:http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=256xoyh&s=8#.U_zRBaYo6M8

A double post sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

like I said believers are jumping on a train of uncertainty and you know as well I do that the leaker himself and other people could make these models using brawl because brawl is very hackable and then intentionally recorded it badly to make it look like a leak have you thought of that? I hope so.
Indeed. Brawl is hackable, but some of the stuff in those videos (the results screen, motion blurs, sound effects that haven't been ripped yet) is not possible to replicate in Brawl, and other things (such as Bowser Jr, Shulk, and the new animations for existing characters) would take months to create on their own. Bowser Jr. and Shulk would require their own bonesets to make the animations shown in that video, and more likely than not, a custom model to go with. Not to mention the effort required to recreate Bowser's Smash 4 animations to the same level as Nintendo's animations, and animate Bowser Jr. and Shulk to the standards of the official characters. It's just simply impossible to believe this was faked. It would require a lengthy planning period at least.

Tell me, how persay did they replicate the the damage effects from Smash 4 into a Brawl hack? During the Shulk video the black lighting effect occurs when Shulk KOs both of his opponents. I've heard of some complex Brawl hacks but I haven't seen a Brawl hack that is replicating Smash 4 combat effects and systems. If I'm wrong someone can correct me on that but I wasn't aware of Brawl hacking that would allow you to drastically change in the game effects.
Brawl hacking may be able to alter the gfx, but adding the black lightning and other Smash 4 blurs is most likely not possible.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If you don't believe it, I would just start believing it now.

If nothing else, the fact that Nintendo pulled the videos from Youtube is telling. If it were a Brawl mod, they likely wouldn't have bothered pulling them. Add in the fact that literally everything in those vids are replicated through gameplay we've seen before.

It's pretty clear that this is all legit.

D

Deleted member

That would account only for Kirby, Ganondorf, Charizard and Pikachu. Bowser has completely different animations in Smash 4, in addition to a model that is beyond a simple texture swap. You would have to animate, and program Bowser's Smash 4 moveset exactly. Shulk requires his own boneset along with a custom model in order to have the Monado open and close like it does in the video. Bowser Jr would also require a custom boneset and model, but his animations are far more complex. You would essentially be animating 2 characters. Not to mention you would need a character in Brawl that has projectiles that behave EXACTLY like Junior's do in the video in order to make the fake convincing. No such character exists in Brawl. And no, you cannot make a projectile. I have a limited understanding of PSA, but from what I understand, every character has "articles." Articles are things such as projectiles. A character without a projectile article cannot be given a projectile without extensive modification, and even then it is limited to the effects of the Super Scope and the Ray Gun. Unless there is a character in Brawl who has projectiles identical to or very close to the ones Junior uses, it seems impossible to fake his presence in the game with a Brawl hack.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I really want a newcomer :(
It feels as though this has been the longest time between them, simply because it has been over a month, and that feels to be too long when the game is about to launch.

Mark is contrary to be contrary, and contradicts his own posts within his own run on sentences. I wouldn't pay it much attention.
so um your going to basically call me stupid? but in indirect terms that is ok because you can call me a village idiot but uh I have too much respect for the human intelligence to call someone else stupid how would you like it if I said DukeNapoleon is a guy who still goes trick or treating at his age in a pokemon costume doesn't have a job and live with his mom but I wouldn't because I am not that type of guy I would never say those things about a person but someone might. I apologize if I offended you but I am trying to make a point that it is not ok to say things about people if you don't want things said about you.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ mark welford mark welford
Please don't start an argument, it's not very nice to insult each other. You guys could get infracted and I'd rather not let that happen.

Leak is probably real imo, I still just can't believe Popo and Nana were shafted. Rather than just leaving one of them with the other being a costume. Let's hope for DLC!!

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Like I said in the other thread, I don't doubt the footage at this point, but I still think there's something missing. I'm not sold that there are certainly going to be more characters, but I do think there's something off about all this business. I think there's a couple more surprises in store, but I'm not banking on anything in particular. Just vibes, I guess.

D

Deleted member

$50 bucks says when someone pokes around on the disc/card, they'll find files for Ice Climbers. There's no way they were simply axed without reason.

@ AEMehr AEMehr who is that in your avatar? she is seriously creeping me out.
Squigly from Skullgirls. His avatar isn't official artwork though, she looks far less creepy in the game.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
$50 bucks says when someone pokes around on the disc/card, they'll find files for Ice Climbers. There's no way they were simply axed without reason.
Well we know that Nintendo have been working with the IC, a long time ago Sakurai said that they were having some problems with the IC in the DS version, so that may be the reason they got axed (if they truly get cut from the roster)

D

Deleted member

Well we know that Nintendo have been working with the IC, a long time ago Sakurai said that they were having some problems with the IC in the DS version, so that may be the reason they got axed (if they truly get cut from the roster)
Yeah, exactly. If they were cut it was no doubt due to extreme technical difficulties.

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet
So a lot of people are furious that Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, and the the others might get excluded. But I have to say this: if you're that peeved off, you still have the previous game, and for all you know, the character would probably be worse in the new game, like Melee Jigglypuff to Brawl Jigglypuff. It's okay for another character to get a shot.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Also I'll be on the fence bout this leak, I'd rather see official confirmations
I'd rather see official confirmations too, but I heavily doubt anyone but an official source would concept Bowser Junior using a Koopa Clown Car and having it lick as an attack.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I've been pretty much lurking during this whole leak (both here and Gamefaqs) and I haven't really discussed it with other Smash fans who aren't my close personal friends. Sorry if I go a bit off topic of whatever the current discussion is here, but I felt like putting my two cents in.

I was leaning towards real when the roster first came out. After the whole debacle with the Brawl roster and the multiple Pokemon leaks I've witnessed I have learned to keep an open mind about such things. That said, the videos obviously confirmed the whole thing and then the recent batch of pictures only cemented the truth.

The newly revealed characters are all pretty cool. I don't know much about Shulk, but he seems fun (I didn't even know he was british lol). Bowser Jr. I have wanted in the past, but I didn't expect him to be done like this. The Clown Copter is a brilliant way to implement him. He looks really fun to play. Dark Pit seems a bit like a waste of a spot to me. I'd need to see gameplay of him, but I'm sure he'll be interesting enough at least. Duck Hunt/Duck Hunt Dog is a really cool idea. I am looking forward to more info on him, especially how he plays. Bringing Dr. Mario back seems odd to me. I guess it gives me hope for Mewtwo, since it shows Melee vets CAN return. But he is also going to annoy me if Mewtwo doesn't come back after all. ROB actually surprised me in coming back as I was sure he'd be cut. Losing Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Lucas kind of sucks (especially Ice Climbers, though I won't miss the infinite). Hopefully they return as DLC. I kinda figured Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur wouldn't come back. Ganondorf being a clone makes sense to me. His "Falcondorf" moveset is iconic now. I mean doesn't Sakurai main him? Plus he'll have new specials in customization I'm sure.

I'm still holding out hope for Mewtwo and Ridley. There seems to be space in the leaked roster shot for a few more characters. I know the whole Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie (sometimes Impa and Chorus Men too) rumor has yet to be proven real and is likely not so, but I am still hopeful. Mewtwo is heavily requested, which does not guarantee anything but it should at least put him on Sakurai's radar. Same goes for Ridley. Mewtwo is also a Melee vet, and if Dr. Mario can come back from that, then why not Mewtwo? Dr.Mario is a clone and thus easier to include than a new/unique moveset character sure, but I still wouldn't rule out Mewtwo. An updated version of his Melee moveset along with Lucario's Final smash from Brawl or Mega Mewtwo Y shouldn't be that big of a task to include. Then again I never made a game. Ridley is a slightly different case as he'd be a brand new character pretty much. Though based on size projections from the April Direct, he seems to be scaled down quite a bit from his brawl boss model. That leads me to lean towards playable. Though I won't be too torn up if he doesn't make it in. Dixie and Impa would also be great additions. Impa in particular I really wanted in, but kinda lost hope for once Sheik was confirmed. Chorus Kids I don't know enough about to really want them or not.

I definitely do think there are a few more characters left to be seen. There is the space for them. Plus apparently All Star mode isn't unlocked. Sure Nintendo could just unlock all the characters and bypass unlocking All Star mode, but that doesn't seem as likely to me. I mean why not show off all the modes to the ESRB? I have a friend who plays a ROM of Brawl online. He has to use cheats to unlock the roster since the ROM doesn't save or something. He tells me everytime he does the cheat All Star mode gets unlocked too. Sure this is a farfetched example that doesn't directly confirm anything with a brand new game, but it still leads me to believe that All star mode is only unlocked when the roster is complete and will do so no matter how the roster is completed. So unless All Star mode isn't unlocked until you have DLC characters or something like that, I still believe we have a few more unknown characters. I am hopeful one of those is Mewtwo, as he would make the roster perfect for me.

All that being said it is also possible the video shown to the ESRB is taken over the course of a playthrough of the game. And the All Star mode pic was taken during the beginning of the playthrough, while the Roster pic was taken near the end. This is an entirely logical possibility. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the roster we have now is the final one. I was hopeful the Brawl roster had more to it and it never did. "We don't get fooled again." I am hopeful for a few more characters that I was hoping for, but I am prepared to be disappointed and settle on this roster. Overall it is pretty good. Despite no new reps for DK, Metroid and Zelda, it has some pretty amazing newcomers and vets. Plus I'm excited to play as buffed Charizard and Lucario. Just fingers crossed we still get Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, and Impa.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
thaaaaaaank you! someone who finally understands me!
Is not that people doesn't understand you, just because people doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they don't understand you, also... just because you don't believe the leak doesn't mean it have no credibility (That's what most people are saying, you're the one who doesn't understand)

mark welford

Smash Ace
Is not that people doesn't understand you, just because people doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they don't understand you, also... just because you don't believe the leak doesn't mean it have no credibility (That's what most people are saying, you're the one who doesn't understand)
I don't understand you!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'd rather see official confirmations too, but I heavily doubt anyone but an official source would concept Bowser Junior using a Koopa Clown Car and having it lick as an attack.
Whoa there's a text leak that describes that?
I wanna see.

mark welford

Smash Ace
He never said it was false. He said he'd be on the fence until there came official confirmation.
what I have been trying to say is in my eyes this is fake until proven true by official developer(s). for the past few hours I feel like I have been in a massive fight with 10+ people and I feel like if I backed down I would look weak so that is why y'all I continued.

Last edited:

saggernaut724

Smash Rookie
NNID
sagwinsl
3DS FC
4785-6664-3260
what I have been trying to say is in my eyes this is fake until proven true by official developer(s). for the past few hours I feel like I have been in a massive fight with 10+ people and I feel like if I backed down I would look weak so that is why y'all I continued.
After 10+ pages of your adamant naivete and denial, everyone here knows that they will not sway you. You keep coming back with the same arguments, and we're trying to help you to understand.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Ignoring him will help everyone, we can stay on topic, and he can stop getting so fired up, for reals, we don't need to reply

mark welford

Smash Ace
After 10+ pages of your adamant naivete and denial, everyone here knows that they will not sway you. You keep coming back with the same arguments, and we're trying to help you to understand.
what do I have understand? that this is fake in my eyes until proven true not by a leaker but a official game developer.

@ ElPanandero ElPanandero you are really pushing my buttons aren't you? I will admit I might get kicked off these forums for my fireball personality if it comes to that so be it I have more important things to focus on.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
what do I have understand? that this is fake in my eyes until proven true not by a leaker but a official game developer.
As i said before everyone understand that the leak is fake for you, but that's no reason to say that the leak have no credits, also these's a forum, if you post something you should be prepare to have someone comment about it, even if you don't agree with what they say... that's when you should debate..., if you don't want to debate something... DON'T SAY ANYTHING!

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
How would people feel about the idea of making Sopo a full character with buffs and dropping Nana to alt for him and calling it the Ice Climber, people were tossing it around in the leak thread, figured i'd bring it here (where it technically belongs :lick:)

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
How would people feel about the idea of making Sopo a full character with buffs and dropping Nana to alt for him and calling it the Ice Climber, people were tossing it around in the leak thread, figured i'd bring it here (where it technically belongs :lick:)
That would be weird... really weird, i'm not sure if i would like it... (i won't hate it either but still)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The Ice Climbers were introduced in Melee because Sakurai thought the tandem thing was pretty original. They wouldn't have been there in the first place if it wasn't because of that. They're irrelevant outside of Smash.

Thus, erasing that "feature" would make no sense. Sakurai probably thought about this and decided to leave them behind.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
That would be weird... really weird, i'm not sure if i would like it... (i won't hate it either but still)
Yea without the duo mechanic they're actually quite bland, but I figure it'd better than no climbers. Well I actually don't care what happens either way

@ Capt. Butt Stallion Capt. Butt Stallion Fair, this is more what I feel, but I just want people to be happy

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd prefer no Ice Climbers. I'm actually quite opposed to castrating Popo (ironically) by removing Nana.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I enjoy playing solo Popo or Nana because I enjoy a challenge when against friends. Of course if they were made solo, they'd be rebalanced to accommodate that. Which I wouldn't have a problem with because literally nobody else in the game has the ability to use ice except for Game & Watch's side special. So even just one Ice Climber would be unique in that regard.
I even play solo Olimar some times for fun- but I rarely win matches doing that.

Hong

The Strongest
@ mark welford mark welford Stop getting so fired up.

As for everyone else, even if you think a user is trolling, you shouldn't accuse them of it, regardless. If they are genuine, you will only serve to insult them. Let's keep this clean.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Man, it's really disappointing that Sakurai put pretty much no focus into adding villains into the roster. Yes, my bias for K. Rool might be speaking, but I really do feel that the roster could use more villains, regardless of whether or not K. Rool is ever included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom