• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
You shouldn't get ahead of yourself.

There has been no proof regarding Impa being in the game. Or Dixie, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Mewtwo etc. for that matter.
Well All-Star (the leaker who was posted some of the picture) said that Dixie and Mewtwo were in the game and that there was another character from a series with no character (most people think is Chorus Kids)

Note: He didn't say anything about Impa or Mach Rider

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
He also posted a fake Chorus Kids pic.

And the DLC thing was made up.
He wasn't the one who mentioned the DLC thing also... the Chorus Kid picture was old and everyone knew it was fake, he made a couple of comments about the last character, he didn't mentioned who it was, but he started to post picture of the Spirit in Smash Run and then he posted the picture of Chorus Kid (maybe he was trying to point out that the last character was Chorus Kid)

If Dixie, Mewtwo and Impa aren't in, this roster is a complete ****.
It would be really cool if we get those 3 character, but i doubt it... IMO Dixie and Impa together? well... that's way too good to be true, the one who i'm really waiting for right now is Mewtwo, so if he's in, i'm totally ok with it :p

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If there's no Impa after Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Dr.Mario and the return of Captain Clonondorf I will only get this game when the 2DS and this game are seriously dropped in price.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
If there's no Impa after Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Dr.Mario and the return of Captain Clonondorf I will only get this game when the 2DS and this game are seriously dropped in price.
Really? are you going to stop buying these game just because 1 character you wanted didn't make it to the game?(I'm pretty sure Impa is not a character you always wanted, you most likely wanted her as soon as you saw her in HW), look at me, my most wanted character was Ghirahim, did he make it to the roster? nope (at least he's a AT :drshrug: ), and i'm pretty sure i will still get the game even if i don't like the roster... you know why? cause i know i will enjoy the game, none of the Smash bros game have added a character that i really wanted and now 2 of my main character were removed of the game (:lucas: and :pt: - :ivysaur:) and guess what? i will still enjoy the game

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:laugh:

I wanted Impa since I knew she was in Skyward Sword. Ask people around. I was REALLY adamant on her. This whole thread was about her basically, because of me. I do like Impa alright.

Also:
If Dixie, Mewtwo and Impa aren't in, this roster is a complete ****.
Also: I have no ****ing money, I have a baby, and I have an extremely ****ty paid job plus I own no Wii U or 3DS. I have no reasons to get this game if my needs aren't satisfied.

Unless the gameplay is REALLY amazing. But I doubt it'll top Project M. So I'd be more willing to aim for Project M as my Smash 4 (since they haven't released it officially yet in PAL regions) than spend money which I do not have on a game that I do not really want.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I do kind of hope the Create-A-Fighter Mii maker in Smash is a little more customizable than regular Mii Plaza. Some of the characters people want to make don't exactly have normal hair colours.

Those who want to make Takamaru or Chrom will be out of luck.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Well, I am off to buy Kid Icarus: Uprising now.
I did the same a few weeks ago. It's actually a really really great game and it makes me really like pit, paly, and dark pit.

Before playing, I thought the idea of dark pit being in smash was stupid... After playing kid icarus uprising... I wanted him :joyful:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Looking at 4chan, it seems pretty much everything besides Bowser Jr, DHD, Shulk, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario has no credibility.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/259880050
Well you got a point but as far as we know, there are some missing characters, i hope Mewtwo is one of them :dr^_^: (i won't die if he's not, but i hope he is one

I do kind of hope the Create-A-Fighter Mii maker in Smash is a little more customizable than regular Mii Plaza. Some of the characters people want to make don't exactly have normal hair colours.

You're not the only one :S

(Well i know i will be able to use Midna :D, i already have a Mii of her :p )

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am gonna make a Ganondorf Mii I think so he'll have more of an unique moveset. :reverse:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I better hurry and say this because I am at school no matter what the leak says I still hope for wolf and Ice climbers and I said this before I will say it again I will not believe Ice Climbers or any other "cut" character is gone until they are disproven by the developer himself and that is my piece.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
:laugh:

I wanted Impa since I knew she was in Skyward Sword. Ask people around. I was REALLY adamant on her. This whole thread was about her basically, because of me. I do like Impa alright.

Also:

Also: I have no ****ing money, I have a baby, and I have an extremely ****ty paid job plus I own no Wii U or 3DS. I have no reasons to get this game if my needs aren't satisfied.

Unless the gameplay is REALLY amazing. But I doubt it'll top Project M. So I'd be more willing to aim for Project M as my Smash 4 (since they haven't released it officially yet in PAL regions) than spend money which I do not have on a game that I do not really want.
There's always Impa as an alt. costume, Sakurai has said alts of different characters are fine, and since Pittoo, Dr. Mario, and Lucina seem to be the only clones, I think it's likely we'll see Impa as an costume.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
There's always Impa as an alt. costume, Sakurai has said alts of different characters are fine, and since Pittoo, Dr. Mario, and Lucina seem to be the only clones, I think it's likely we'll see Impa as an costume.
That's a possibility, but the only alt costume i really want is Daisy... i have wanted to use Daisy as a skin for Peach since Melee (in melee if you take "daisy color" with Peach, Peach's clothes change a little bit and her jewelry changes but that was removed in Brawl, in Brawl only the color changes)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa will appear in a playable form in some shape or form. Am quite sure of it. Clone, semi-clone or unique. But a costume... Man will I have to contain some anger if that happens.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

But his artwork has black hair.:smirk:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I still feel that wolf is in no matter this leak after all nothing has appeared to credit the leak.
Except for pretty much everything.
Including but not limited to today's potd, the videos being taken down by nintendo, and their existing in the first place. The ESRB content in the gallery and the supposed firing of the ESRB employee behind this.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Except for videos from characters we never seen before and pics of the menu screen and thophies. :smirk:
so what you quoted my post to make me angry? get me down and out those videos and you know it as well could be a very well made hack so your jumping on a train of uncertainty and you also know very well as I do that this is fake until proven real by the developer himself.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
so what you quoted my post to make me angry? get me down and out those videos and you know it as well could be a very well made hack so your jumping on a train of uncertainty and you also know very well as I do that this is fake until proven real by the developer himself.
Todays pic of the day shows a design already leaked. We have actual video, which would take several weeks for multiple professional people to make, as they not only have to make the models and artwork for the new characters, but animations and models for the existing ones, as the footage we've been shown was running on Smash 4's engine.

Not to mention models for the new trophies, knowledge of existing designs outside of today's PotD, Nintendo taking down the videos...

I'm sorry, skepticism is one thing, but flat out denial is another.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Todays pic of the day shows a design already leaked. We have actual video, which would take several weeks for multiple professional people to make, as they not only have to make the models and artwork for the new characters, but animations and models for the existing ones, as the footage we've been shown was running on Smash 4's engine.

Not to mention models for the new trophies, knowledge of existing designs outside of today's PotD, Nintendo taking down the videos...

I'm sorry, skepticism is one thing, but flat out denial is another.
like I said believers are jumping on a train of uncertainty and you know as well I do that the leaker himself and other people could make these models using brawl because brawl is very hackable and then intentionally recorded it badly to make it look like a leak have you thought of that? I hope so.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
like I said believers are jumping on a train of uncertainty and you know as well I do that the leaker himself and other people could make these models using brawl because brawl is very hackable and then intentionally recorded it badly to make it look like a leak have you thought of that? I hope so.
Calm down, he's just pointing out things that could give some credibility to the leak cause you said "I still feel that wolf is in no matter this leak after all nothing has appeared to credit the leak." :dr^_^:

Note: Wolf could still be in, these leak never showed anything that could point out that Wolf is not in the game anymore, even more when you count that there are some missing characters

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
You know, I find it amusing how in spite of the fact that there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic towards there being eight more characters not on the leaked CSS, that people tend to completely forget about it.

Actually, it took a little while for it to synch in (possibly due to the fact that people were often saying this out of mockery), but it isn't too far off that, when the roster is finished, Shulk would be meant to be paired up with the clone characters. Heck, a brilliant theory that I had was that in order to speed up the development for these characters (Dixie, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, and Shulk), Sakurai took existing assets from other characters and incorporated them to their movesets; they still have unique mechanics (the hair and bubble gum; a sword; permanent hover; telekinetic powers; and Monado Arts), but beyond those, they still have quite a bit in common with Diddy, Sheik, Charizard, and Lucario respectively. Shulk is the only odd duck since he doesn't borrow assets from any one character but several: Link, Marth, and Ike for sure (likely in an attempt to make him seem completely unique). For this reason, I believe the second-to-last row is reserved strictly for the eight late additions or "clone characters" if you will (and I even have an explanation for the odd numbering of the second-to-last row; the Mii Fighters take that empty slot when customizations are turned on).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It'd be way easier for you to just accept it's real.

Not even the Project M team can make a hack THAT professional.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
It'd be way easier for you to just accept it's real.

Not even the Project M team can make a hack THAT professional.
I am accepting nothing until the developer himself confirms or deconfirms it and you just have a biased towards Dr.Mario and that is why you support the leak and don't lie and say that is not it because it is it also it is not my fault I am a fiery spirited guy I will not hesitate to speak my mind on a matter and the only one who can me stop is the lord himself.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You're entitled to your opinion, but this is just flat out denial in my eyes. This reminds me of the greninja leak for pokemon x and y that people denied... There are just so many things pointing toward the validity of this leak.

I am accepting nothing until the developer himself confirms or deconfirms it and you just have a biased towards Dr.Mario and that is why you support the leak and don't lie and say that is not it because it is it also it is not my fault I am a fiery spirited guy I will not hesitate to speak my mind on a matter and the only one who can stop is the lord himself.
And this isn't even necessary...
Please calm down and come back when your emotions aren't blinding your judgment.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I am accepting nothing until the developer himself confirms or deconfirms it and you just have a biased towards Dr.Mario and that is why you support the leak and don't lie and say that is not it because it is it also it is not my fault I am a fiery spirited guy I will not hesitate to speak my mind on a matter and the only one who can me stop is the lord himself.
The fact that you had to make such a big assumption based only on me liking Dr. Mario is pretty telling.

Get over it.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
You're entitled to your opinion, but this just flat out seems like denial in my eyes. This reminds me of the greninja leak for pokemon x and y that people denied... There are just so many things pointing toward the validity of this leak.

And this isn't even necessary...
like I said has the developer himself confirmed this leak? no! until then I will not accept y'all can take it as denial I will take it as the leak being fake until proven real and oh keep the people coming.

The fact that you had to make such a big assumption based only on me liking Dr. Mario is pretty telling.

Get over it.
get over what? please elaborate on me getting over what.

sorry double post

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
These look like good quality and I don't remember Brawl having two screens. :p
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Tell me, how persay did they replicate the the damage effects from Smash 4 into a Brawl hack? During the Shulk video the black lighting effect occurs when Shulk KOs both of his opponents. I've heard of some complex Brawl hacks but I haven't seen a Brawl hack that is replicating Smash 4 combat effects and systems. If I'm wrong someone can correct me on that but I wasn't aware of Brawl hacking that would allow you to drastically change in the game effects.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I really want a newcomer :(
It feels as though this has been the longest time between them, simply because it has been over a month, and that feels to be too long when the game is about to launch.

Except for videos from characters we never seen before and pics of the menu screen and thophies. :smirk:
Mark is contrary to be contrary, and contradicts his own posts within his own run on sentences. I wouldn't pay it much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom