• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well I'm already grieving for: :pt::squirtle::ivysaur::wolf::popo:
Not much for :lucas::snake:but I WILL miss fighting them.

All I can say is... they could have chosen their last clones a lot better. Heck, I would've been better off with Waluigi or Toad instead of another Mario.
And there are so many better Dark versions of other characters over Dark Pit it's not even funny. Dark Samus anyone?

--

Having said that, I must admit that the Pros for me outweight the cons. P.T. is still my biggest loss, so no change there. But Ice Climbers was a classic, I hope they have a way of implementing them again.

If Mach Rider is real, I can let go of the fact that we're getting 3 alternate costumes as characters. :p

Still, pretty happy at the final outcome of the roster. It's weird how I'm going to miss :wolf: when he was Brawl's equivalent of Dark Pit to me. (Of course this doesn't mean I'll warm up to Dark Pit like ever. He was fine as a color swap. i don't see why we needed him to be his own character. If K.I. really deserved a 3rd character, I'd have chosen Medusa who at least is important in 2/3 games).

mark welford

Smash Ace
Well I'm already grieving for: :pt::squirtle::ivysaur::wolf::popo:
Not much for :lucas::snake:but I WILL miss fighting them.

All I can say is... they could have chosen their last clones a lot better. Heck, I would've been better off with Waluigi or Toad instead of another Mario.
And there are so many better Dark versions of other characters over Dark Pit it's not even funny. Dark Samus anyone?

--

Having said that, I must admit that the Pros for me outweight the cons. P.T. is still my biggest loss, so no change there. But Ice Climbers was a classic, I hope they have a way of implementing them again.

If Mach Rider is real, I can let go of the fact that we're getting 3 alternate costumes as characters. :p

Still, pretty happy at the final outcome of the roster. It's weird how I'm going to miss :wolf: when he was Brawl's equivalent of Dark Pit to me. (Of course this doesn't mean I'll warm up to Dark Pit like ever. He was fine as a color swap. i don't see why we needed him to be his own character. If K.I. really deserved a 3rd character, I'd have chosen Medusa who at least is important in 2/3 games).
don't lose hope yet I hope to god that sakurai disproves this leak

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I had no doubt that Ivysaur and Squirtle were cut, and I'm kind of glad they're gone. Lucas, I was always biased against. With Snake in, there would've been too many 3rd parties IMO.

The chars that I will miss are ICs and Wolf. IC grew on me, as I hated them at first. Wolf should stay in bc I feel every major series deserves a villain (K.Rool/Lord Frederick, Ridley, Deathborn) and there's no better option.

Last 3 unlocked chars are Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Men? I heard him say that Mewtwo and Dixie were confirmed, and the third was a char from an unrepped series.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
This will be the final CSS rosters for both versions of Super Smash Bros. 4. I can feel it:

3DS Roster A.png

Wii U Roster 7.png

And yes, even in spite of the fact that the recent leaks are legit, I think the Ice Climbers and Wolf will be back. Remember, genuine leakers often get information wrong, and those two being cut would be biggies (though after studying the leaked images, I can safely say that Lucas, Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle are definitely gone).

Asteiri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-4598-6259
If the leak is indeed real I'm very curious as to how duck hunt dog would even play.

I have to also admit that although I'm not the biggest fan, I'm really gonna miss the Ice Climbers if the leak is real. However, I really doubt Sakurai would remove them considering they're technically a classic. This might also be a slightly unpopular opinion but I really hope Dark Pit isn't in the game, and if he is I honestly hope he plays completely different than Pit. (And please let him not be a clone of another character)

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Pikachu is more iconic than Charizard, yet Charizard is in. Why would Charizard being more iconic mean Squirtle nor Ivysaur are inherently cut?
I'm not being a smartass, I'm just making completely fair points that you cannot seem to refute, simply asserting instead swearing and "Yeah But I'm right so, shut up."
I'm not claiming anything that is not true, bub. That seems to bug ya.
Pikachu is just barely more iconic than Charizard, and only because Nintendo wants him to be. Why should Squirtle and Ivysaur being more iconic than Wolf and Lucas mean that Wolf and Lucas are expendable? Their series need them a lot more. Charizard already fulfills Squirtle and Ivysaur's roles. He's a first-generation starter pokemon. Squirtle and Ivysaur would seem redundant, especially with Greninja, a water-type starter pokemon, already in. Also, it's worth noting that Ivysaur's really not that popular. The middle evolutions never seem to be.

And yes, you were being a smartass, with your random rant about clones or whatever the hell that was.

mark welford

Smash Ace
anyone else find it odd to have Ice Climbers and Wolf gone? I have come to terms with it if I am only one who finds that odd I mean Wolf he is a main character of starfox and he is a villain in some aspects lord knows we more of those and then there is Ice Climbers they have been in since melee and if you play smash you got to love them this whole leak just seems too suspicious in my point of view like I said I hope metaphorically sakurai throws a wrench with something unexpected to smite this leak.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
anyone else find it odd to have Ice Climbers and Wolf gone? I have come to terms with it if I am only one who finds that odd I mean Wolf he is a main character of starfox and he is a villain in some aspects lord knows we more of those and then there is Ice Climbers they have been in since melee and if you play smash you got to love them this whole leak just seems too suspicious in my point of view like I said I hope metaphorically sakurai throws a wrench with something unexpected to smite this leak.
What I find odd too is that if the Ice Climbers were gone, why is the polar bear still in Smash Run? If they were gone, why would the Chorus Men join in as well? And in Wolf's case, if he was actually gone, why did a Nintendo employee almost let him slip alongside Falco a SDCC? And lastly, if they were gone, why is it that they are essentially the only realistic characters to provide any sort of harmony in the final rosters I posted above?

Actually, for this reason, I am 100% certain they will be back. While I get why they would be cut, I see it now as being virtually an impossibility. The CSS as it stood simply wouldn't work without them.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think a random button is explicitly necessary.
Probable, sure, but we could always see it removed when we get all the characters. If the screen is full, it looks particularly strange, and it is not as if we do not have a button on the 3DS that could function as 'random' button.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wario got disconfirmed too, then? :upsidedown:
You don't have trophies for characters you don't have unlocked, you need to play as them to unlock those trophies, so Krystal is pretty much down and out. Plus, she was obviously shown off to the ESRB along with the other questionable and suggestive trophies, I'd imagine they'd show her off as playable instead if she was that.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
You don't have trophies for characters you don't have unlocked, you need to play as them to unlock those trophies, so Krystal is pretty much down and out. Plus, she was obviously shown off to the ESRB along with the other questionable and suggestive trophies, I'd imagine they'd show her off as playable instead if she was that.
I think I've read somewhere in other thread that character trophy was accessible even before that character was unlocked. I'll find it...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, to be fair, that trophy is Krystal's Assault design, whereas the playable Starfox characters based on Command.
Also, Falco had his Assault design as a separate trophy from his regular one in Brawl.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

This is what I think will be the final CSS.
You didn't even followed the characters/series order from the leaked roster -_-

Dixie Kong and Ridley are basically **** outta luck with their series most likely locked on the 2nd row of the leaked roster.

To be fair, I originally had Dixie in my previous roster but had to remove her after I've seen the leaked roster.

EDIT: Also Impa too.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Where are all these leaked images?

With trophies, and the spectator screen, and the locked all star screen....

It upsets me

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Dixie Kong and Ridley are basically **** outta luck with their series most likely locked on the 2nd row of the leaked roster.

To be fair, I originally had Dixie in my previous roster but had to remove her after I've seen the leaked roster.

You saw Brawl's and Melee's rosters remember? They were everywhere at once until you unlocked everybody. Then it had a neat little columns.

I think columns look great too. It fits REALLY nicely actually.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

If Impa and Dixie are semi-clones they might be on the clone row.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose the Picture of the Day was enough to convince me of the leak's validity, to what extent? I am not sure, I am not 100% adamant that it is real in its entirety, but I am no longer on Team Fake.

I got Dark Pit on the roster... but at what cost? Perhaps Wolf, he is not confirmed as one of the cut characters as of current, but this is the first time that I have actually felt fear regarding his inclusion.

The best case scenario, during the Dark Pit trailer...

Palutena: "Come here to crash the party, Dark Pit?"
Dark Pit: *Indiscernible grunts and moans
Palutena: "..."

Sakurai: "As you can see, Dark Pit joins the battle. *laughs* He is very different from a familiar character, Pit. I decided to add him as he was conceived in Super Smash Brothers Brawl for Wii as a palette-swap. *laughs* Clearly, it was time for his character to make the jump from a reasonable role that fit his character perfectly into something more important because I made his character *laughs*"

*figure approaches

Sakurai: It is very important to note that it was I, Masahiro Sakurai, that revived Kid Icarus. I was the one who developed Kid Icarus: Uprising. It was thanks to my efforts that the game exists. Without me, Kid Icarus would have no Uprising, there are many elements of Smash Run that overlap with Kid Icarus. Smash Run is great... *laughs* Now to finish the trailer, I will show you another newcomer from Kid Icarus: Upris--

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Both his assault and command trophies are random, so nope. You don't need to unlock Falco AFAIK.
The trophies are however named after their respective games, like Falco (Command) and Falco (Assault), this trophy is plain and simply called Krystal.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's kind of pointless to make a new roster at this point, but I thought I'd make one last roster for old times' sake.
http://m.imgur.com/a/PzeCw
What have I even been discussing the past eight hours?
I clearly have been delusional and sick all day; and I thought the pile of tissues on the floor proved it.
Seriously, what have I even been discussing with this leak?

What day is it? Who are you?

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The remaining unknown characters could be anyone. Now I sit back and wait for Toon Zelda, Alph, Black Shadow and Impa. Get hype.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I actually like the roster. Am I allowed to like the roster?

Only personal problems with it are no Ridley and the cuts. Sure, I also wanted Isaac, but eh, I got 5 out of my top 6. I really thought DK and Zelda deserved other reps, but I didn't care enough about any particular reps to be bothered by their exclusion.

Little Mac, Megaman, Shulk, Palutena, Villager, Robin and Lucina make this roster amazing. Anything else is bonus.

Morbi

Scavenger
The remaining unknown characters could be anyone. Now I sit back and wait for Toon Zelda, Alph, Black Shadow and Impa. Get hype.
For some reason, I feel as though Toon Zelda is the more logical choice over Impa. First of all, there is apt precedent to support that she may have been considered as she was planned for Brawl. Zelda's down-special would be relevant to Toon Zelda. The song pertaining to the Trophy Quiz theory is Zelda's Lullaby backwards. And most importantly, she has the Triforce symbol, the prerequisite of any playable Legend of Zelda character. :troll:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I suddenly really want a Disney character fighting game.

I want to bash some princesses,
anyone know any?

I think that will get me off of waiting forever for the full confirmation of this roster in a few months.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
HA!

We are going to call Bowser Jr. "BJ" for short now. tehe....

YEAAAAH!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
For some reason, I feel as though Toon Zelda is the more logical choice over Impa. First of all, there is apt precedent to support that she may have been considered as she was planned for Brawl. Zelda's down-special would be relevant to Toon Zelda. The song pertaining to the Trophy Quiz theory is Zelda's Lullaby backwards. And most importantly, she has the Triforce symbol, the prerequisite of any playable Legend of Zelda character. :troll:
That she does. There's yet to be a playable character who doesn't bear some mark of the triforce. You know what? You've sold me on Toon Zelda as the only remaining Zelda rep. Impa is simply not a possibility. Her slot will go to Young Link instead. His milk drinking taunt alone should justify a spot on the roster. There's no rule against multiple versions of the same character and after the Skull Kid disconfirmation, I figure that Majora's Mask fans need someone to cling to. May as well be the main protagonist of that game, am I right?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That she does. There's yet to be a playable character who doesn't bear some mark of the triforce. You know what? You've sold me on Toon Zelda as the only remaining Zelda rep. Impa is simply not a possibility. Her slot will go to Young Link instead. His milk drinking taunt alone should justify a spot on the roster. There's no rule against multiple versions of the same character and after the Skull Kid disconfirmation, I figure that Majora's Mask fans need someone to cling to. May as well be the main protagonist of that game, am I right?
You are forgetting about Wall Link!
Why would we get Paper Mario, when we could get Paper Link?
We need our favorite Triforce hero to be represented by his most recent game in A Link Between Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom